George Michael Forums

Go Back   George Michael Forums > George Michael > General Discussion

Old 13th April 2017, 19:01
Hollylove Hollylove est déconnecté
Flawless

Default Falling out with people.

I've read a few times in various articles that George fell.out with a lot with people and wondered what this was about? He may have made up with some at later dates. I was wondering if GM was hard work on a personal level - Maybe prickly, neurotic, hypersensitive, controlling or paranoid. What do other members think? I was suprised as he comes across as someone who would be able to openly discuss his differences with people and clear the air.

Last edited by Hollylove; 13th April 2017 at 21:41..
Sponsored Links
Old 14th April 2017, 01:34
GMfan87' GMfan87' est déconnecté
Flawless

I thought about this the other day !! I think he probably wasn't the easiest person to be around . He was a depressed person by many accounts , by his own admission control freak and self destructive . That being said he had many good qualities as well and he was fantastically gorgeous . I would of tried my best to be his friend and be there for him . He was a great conversationalist so that would of been great to talk endlessly , sing together , dance and just hang out .
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GMfan87' For This Useful Post:
Heidi1 (19th April 2017), Katra (14th April 2017)
Old 14th April 2017, 03:59
snoopy snoopy est déconnecté

He was stubborn! And I think some of it was because he was the only son, he got preferential treatment as a child.

I think George was hard to work with at times. In the studio and on tour, he wanted what he wanted… and nothing else. I recall a mis-hap that happened at one of the shows on the 25 Live tour. If I remember correctly the band started playing a song that they had played earlier in the same show…. must have been a computer glitch. George took it in stride and sang the same song again. Afterwards, he admitted that if the same thing happened when he was younger, there would have been hell to pay.

I feel like this stubbornness and drive to be perfect brought so much self-induced stress in his life, like the Sony court case.

I think he probably was a difficult boyfriend at times too!

But I find it so fascinating, because he had such a generous, humorous, big hearted side to him too. He was very yin yang!!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to snoopy For This Useful Post:
GM40fansince'89 (24th April 2017), GMfan87' (14th April 2017), GMMegaFan (15th April 2017), Katra (14th April 2017), xfreader (24th April 2017)
Old 14th April 2017, 02:04
SirLala SirLala est actuellement connecté
Flawless

Elton John and Madonna are some of them.
Old 14th April 2017, 04:16
Whamtastic Whamtastic est déconnecté
Star People

In his professional life he was known to be incredibly controlling, no matter what the cost. Re-shooting most of the Careless Whisper video because of his hair. Also - having recorded a Wham! concert for distribution, George decided that it was not perfect and it never saw the light of day, again at significant cost. These are two things that I remember right away, but there were many more. He also had incredible control over approving his images, which is why you will hardly EVER see a bad photo of him.

Combine the highly controlling behavior with his extreme (often paralyzing) perfectionism, and you could understand why working with him in a professional capacity could be challenging.

I think George demanded a lot of himself on a personal level, and set the bar as high for people in his life. I could very easily see him cut someone out of his life for failing to meet those standards.
The Following User Says Thank You to Whamtastic For This Useful Post:
Katra (14th April 2017)
Old 14th April 2017, 04:28
Flawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whamtastic View Post
In his professional life he was known to be incredibly controlling, no matter what the cost. Re-shooting most of the Careless Whisper video because of his hair. Also - having recorded a Wham! concert for distribution, George decided that it was not perfect and it never saw the light of day, again at significant cost. These are two things that I remember right away, but there were many more. He also had incredible control over approving his images, which is why you will hardly EVER see a bad photo of him.

Combine the highly controlling behavior with his extreme (often paralyzing) perfectionism, and you could understand why working with him in a professional capacity could be challenging.

I think George demanded a lot of himself on a personal level, and set the bar as high for people in his life. I could very easily see him cut someone out of his life for failing to meet those standards.
Strangely, he was insure about himself throughout his 20's and 30's he said in a interview I saw, I can't believe a man as beautiful as him would think like that.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SirLala For This Useful Post:
GMfan87' (14th April 2017), Whamtastic (14th April 2017)
Old 14th April 2017, 19:37
Whamtastic Whamtastic est déconnecté
Star People

It boggles the mind, right? One of the best looking men EVER, and he was insecure about his looks.
The Following User Says Thank You to Whamtastic For This Useful Post:
GMfan87' (14th April 2017)
Old 14th April 2017, 05:39
Flawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whamtastic View Post

I heard about those two incidents but it was reported he covered the cost . If that's the case I see nothing wrong with that . Agreed on the personality traits from what we saw and heard and that probably made life more trying for him . Andrew had described him as frustrating when asked on the GM doc . A Different Story .
The Following User Says Thank You to GMfan87' For This Useful Post:
Katra (14th April 2017)
Old 14th April 2017, 20:33
Flawless

Insecurity in a personality can come out in so many different ways but people who are like this are very hard work and draining to be around.
Old 14th April 2017, 21:18
Flawless

I know when you have a good looking pal and they always go on negatively about how they look it's as frustrating and boring as someone who shows off about their looks. You just want to scream at them...lol
The Following User Says Thank You to Hollylove For This Useful Post:
Heidi1 (19th April 2017)
Old 14th April 2017, 21:33
ladyjayne ladyjayne est actuellement connecté
Flawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollylove View Post
I know when you have a good looking pal and they always go on negatively about how they look it's as frustrating and boring as someone who shows off about their looks. You just want to scream at them...lol
Lol - I hear you! Can you imagine being, for e.g. snub-nosed, portly, balding Elton John, having to listen to George only being photographed on 'his good side' - when either side was frankly better than pretty much anyone on the planet in the 80's and 90's! It's a wonder they stayed talking as long as they did!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ladyjayne For This Useful Post:
GMfan87' (14th April 2017), GMMegaFan (15th April 2017), Katra (14th April 2017), Nanabug (18th April 2017)
Old 14th April 2017, 21:45
qp65 qp65 est déconnecté
Flawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyjayne View Post
Lol - I hear you! Can you imagine being, for e.g. snub-nosed, portly, balding Elton John, having to listen to George only being photographed on 'his good side' - when either side was frankly better than pretty much anyone on the planet in the 80's and 90's! It's a wonder they stayed talking as long as they did!
Your post made me giggle. Sometimes George is really a bit ridiculous.
Old 14th April 2017, 22:56
Flawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by qp65 View Post
Your post made me giggle. Sometimes George is really a bit ridiculous.

That is funny. Didn't seem like him and EJ were ever really close though, friendly collaborators ( for music and charity ) I'll call them . Sounded like it was just an old feeling of insecurity he had from childhood . He didn't stop seeing himself as an awkward 12 year old . Maybe similar to when someone sees themselves as overweight and they are not , he also seemed to worry he was fat often. About the right side of his face what was wrong if anything ? Does anyone know? I saw two pictures where it looked to me besides having couple moles on side of his nose ( big deal, they could of been removed) that maybe his nose sloped down a bit , wasn't as good a profile as left side. But it wasn't like oh my gosh that looks awful . Possibly he was used to being all done up perfectly and he knew his flaws and imperfections and wasn't easy for him to accept .
Old 14th April 2017, 22:59
Flawless

About EJ and Madonna , two notoriously difficult personalities . Not sure GM was the problem there, they seemed to have falling outs with many people.

Last edited by GMfan87'; 15th April 2017 at 07:28..
The Following User Says Thank You to GMfan87' For This Useful Post:
SirLala (14th April 2017)
Old 14th April 2017, 23:15
Flawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMfan87' View Post
About EJ and Madonna , two notoriously difficult personalities . Not sure GM was the problem there, they seemed to have fallen outs with many people.
Both EJ and Madonna even had a fallen out together..