Go Back   George Michael Forums > George Michael > General Discussion

Old 21st April 2017, 13:47
DeepBlueDee DeepBlueDee est actuellement connecté
Young Gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katra View Post
I am curious ...
From BRAVO TV website bio about his son and his connection to GM:
*These days, Andros is a social media consultant for Public Images Ltd., a social media management agency, and an Internet marketing consultant for The Design People web design studio, according to his LinkedIn page. In fact, Andros is using his social media know-how to help his son get his music out there and build his brand as an artist. "My dad's an expert in social media, basically growing your look," James said on the most recent episode of the Vanderpump Rules After Show. "He understands what you need. You need the talent, you need the music, but you also need a look as well. You need a brand." *
The Following User Says Thank You to DeepBlueDee For This Useful Post:
Katra (21st April 2017)
Old 21st April 2017, 14:15
DeepBlueDee DeepBlueDee est actuellement connecté
Young Gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyjayne View Post
One hopes getting on with their lives; one suspects in negotiations for a pay-off (in Fadi's case at least)
Sadly, I don't think we've heard the last from the "Fine Art Photographer" I truly hope that I am proven wrong.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DeepBlueDee For This Useful Post:
GMfan87' (21st April 2017), Katra (21st April 2017), Whamtastic (21st April 2017)
Old 21st April 2017, 14:31
GMMegaFan GMMegaFan est déconnecté
Flawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepBlueDee View Post
Sadly, I don't think we've heard the last from the "Fine Art Photographer" I truly hope that I am proven wrong.
The Fine Art Photographer hopefully was signed to a NDA in GMs lifetime and will get an adequate payoff. Basically once the main protagonist is dead, people can say what they want. So it is better to make sure they keep their mouths shut.
I remember the story long ago of Simon Cowell and Jonathan Ross meeting at GMs house as Cowell wanted to see GM and Ross make a comeback. But never knew what Ross said later about why the interview did not happen:
https://www.rte.ie/entertainment/201.../426902-rossj/
This and Andros's dark hints at something in GMs childhood etc suggests a few books will come out. I think just as the GM is gay story did not matter to his fans, these things will also not matter.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GMMegaFan For This Useful Post:
Katra (21st April 2017), Whamtastic (21st April 2017)
Old 21st April 2017, 20:18
GMfan87' GMfan87' est déconnecté
Flawless

That's interesting.. only thing I can think of is abuse (and I am not alleging by immediate family) could be anyone , bullying at school.. ? Whatever it was, George just really had a hard time of it in his life, didn't he .. very sad.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GMfan87' For This Useful Post:
GMMegaFan (21st April 2017), GMthx (23rd April 2017)
Old 21st April 2017, 20:24
ladyjayne ladyjayne est actuellement connecté
Flawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMfan87' View Post
That's interesting.. only thing I can think of is abuse (and I am not alleging by immediate family) could be anyone , bullying at school.. ? Whatever it was, George just really had a hard time of it in his life, didn't he .. very sad.
Abuse is what springs to mind for me too. Maybe I am jumping to conclusions but his massive (and secret) support of Childline - a charity geared to helping children who have no one to talk to about their problems - seems significant. It looks as if he gave millions and this was kept completely secret in his lifetime (when we did in fact know of his support for Aids charities, nurses etc)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ladyjayne For This Useful Post:
GMfan87' (21st April 2017), GMMegaFan (21st April 2017), GMthx (23rd April 2017)
Old 21st April 2017, 21:50
Flawless

True but he seemed to keep most charity secret . Could of been whatever feelings he had as a child , he talked of not feeling safe , not held , etc.. that made him feel more for these children .
Old 21st April 2017, 21:59
Flawless

If we are on the right track ( God I hope not ) it could explain his self loathing - low self esteem , self destructive behavior , inability to move forward besides his clinical depression . He reminded me of women who look in mirror and see themselves as fat and it's very far from the truth . He would see his flaws only and imagine himself in his pre -adolescent awkward stage instead of the handsome man he grew up to be. He was too hard on himself and saw himself often as fat , he was overweight in recent years but never in the public eye before that. There was an interview promoting Ladies and Gentlemen cd and he said I know I'm not ugly but I don't want people to think I'm ugly . He also said if people saw a real picture , it would all be over . Wow .. No way , so photogenic

Last edited by GMfan87'; 21st April 2017 at 23:18..
The Following User Says Thank You to GMfan87' For This Useful Post:
GMthx (23rd April 2017)
Old 21st April 2017, 22:08
Katra Katra est déconnecté
Flawless

He said as kid he had to be quite at home because the father is tired and sleeping.
Old 21st April 2017, 22:32
Flawless

Simon Napier Bell (Wham's manager) says in his book, I'm coming to take you to lunch

"Andrew brimmed with natural self-confidence; as a child he must have been given nothing but love and encouragement. George, I decided, some time in his childhood, must have been let down badly by someone in whom he'd put faith. He could shoot mistrust from his eyes like fire from a flame thrower. One moment you would be discussing a routine piece of business, the next you were enveloped in burning suspicion".
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ladyjayne For This Useful Post:
GMfan87' (21st April 2017), Nanabug (21st April 2017)
Old 22nd April 2017, 20:10
Flawless

This is the falling out thread I know. But shouldnt we look at the way he made up with Elton John and his long time adversary Boy George
Elton John:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...ter-feuds.html

Boy George:

@BoyGeorge Hi George, did u get the mixes sent to you yet? How is Ibiza, fun?

@BoyGeorge just realised having lost the phone I can't message u anymore anyway....so it'll have to be on here....

@BoyGeorge yes ive got a new phone with same number but i didnt have it backed up so no numbers until people call me, u see. How r u? x

By the way, pleeeease go to mixmags top100 dj's poll and vote for boy george, he's ****ed off with me as it is.....
Boy George and i have a very amusing history really....but eventually we have way more in common than most.
The Following User Says Thank You to GMMegaFan For This Useful Post:
TrojanSoul (23rd April 2017)
Old 22nd April 2017, 21:57
TrojanSoul TrojanSoul est déconnecté
Star People

I think George's donations to childline were related to his desire to help gay children. I'm not sure there was any abuse in George's childhood, I think it unlikely. I think, reading between the lines, things might have been very different for him if he had been able to come to terms with his sexuality much earlier in life. Maybe if he had been born to a father who was less rigid in his views, if his mother hadn't had such fear of her sons sexuality, if he had felt accepted and loved regardless of his sexual orientation...? Living with such a secret for all those years was bound to take it's toll mentally. Regarding George's looks, I wonder if he actually feared turning into his father, who despite being a good looking man in his youth was actually hugely overweight. I wonder if he resented his fathers hairy greek looks to a degree. I wonder if when he looked in the mirror he saw his father looking back, even though he managed for most of his life to remain slim and attractive.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TrojanSoul For This Useful Post:
GMMegaFan (23rd April 2017), Katra (22nd April 2017)
Old 23rd April 2017, 11:26
TrojanSoul TrojanSoul est déconnecté
Star People

I reckon Boy George was secretly in love with our George. I think they would definitely have had lots in common. Such a shame that George couldn't have sorted himself out the way Boy George has done- I so wish it was GM we were watching on the TV now.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TrojanSoul For This Useful Post:
GMMegaFan (23rd April 2017), Katra (23rd April 2017)
Old 23rd April 2017, 11:35
Flawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrojanSoul View Post
I reckon Boy George was secretly in love with our George. I think they would definitely have had lots in common. Such a shame that George couldn't have sorted himself out the way Boy George has done- I so wish it was GM we were watching on the TV now.
I think both agreed eventually that they had a lot in common but when they were younger and GM was so much more serious and uptight, it wouldn't have seemed that way at all. I always thought it was rich of Boy to be so critical of George being economical with the truth about his sexuality, when he himself was so coy about his relationship with Jon Moss at the time. I think he was jealous of GM - he pretty much admits that now - but I'm not sure he really fancied him, much less was 'in love' with him. Boy George's love life problems seem to stem from the fact he is largely attracted to straight men.
The Following User Says Thank You to ladyjayne For This Useful Post:
GMfan87' (23rd April 2017)
Old 23rd April 2017, 12:10
Flawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyjayne View Post
I think both agreed eventually that they had a lot in common but when they were younger and GM was so much more serious and uptight, it wouldn't have seemed that way at all. I always thought it was rich of Boy to be so critical of George being economical with the truth about his sexuality, when he himself was so coy about his relationship with Jon Moss at the time. I think he was jealous of GM - he pretty much admits that now - but I'm not sure he really fancied him, much less was 'in love' with him. Boy George's love life problems seem to stem from the fact he is largely attracted to straight men.
In the Different Story documentary, Boy George says back in the day the others thought George Michael was in love with Andrew Ridgeley. Both GM and Andrew giggle on hearing that. GM said he cannot think of anything more vile than sleeping with Andrew
There was nothing romantic about GMs love for Andrew. But the way he used to look at Andrew with those puppy brown eyes with complete admiration in all those pictures back then was something one can never forget. Maybe Andrew was the one person who could have stepped in at some point and brought GM back in line. But though they kept in touch, they didnt see each other on a regular basis and AR was too removed from the musical scene.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GMMegaFan For This Useful Post:
GM40fansince'89 (24th April 2017), GMfan87' (23rd April 2017), Nanabug (23rd April 2017)
Old 23rd April 2017, 13:00
Flawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMegaFan View Post
In the Different Story documentary, Boy George says back in the day the others thought George Michael was in love with Andrew Ridgeley. Both GM and Andrew giggle on hearing that. GM said he cannot think of anything more vile than sleeping with Andrew
There was nothing romantic about GMs love for Andrew. But the way he used to look at Andrew with those puppy brown eyes with complete admiration in all those pictures back then was something one can never forget. Maybe Andrew was the one person who could have stepped in at some point and brought GM back in line. But though they kept in touch, they didnt see each other on a regular basis and AR was too removed from the musical scene.
I think it would be next to impossible, were it to be true, for either George or Andrew to acknowledge, certainly publicly, and probably not openly to each other that George's feelings for Andrew were ever anything more than friendship. I have certainly never been convinced by GM's explanation that Andrew was not his 'type' - the similarities between Andrew and Anselmo for e.g., both physically and, by all accounts, personality wise are too obvious to ignore. I don't think Boy George is lying when he says he wasn't the only one back in the day to think that AR was the great unrequited love of GM's life. Whatever the truth, they appear to have successfully negotiated their changing relationship over the years. It's tempting to think Andrew could have intervened more successfully than others but ultimately, whatever their affection for and loyalty to each other, the inherent complexities in their relationship would have made that very difficult for both of them.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ladyjayne For This Useful Post:
GMMegaFan (23rd April 2017), GreekGirl (23rd April 2017)