George Michael Forums

Go Back   George Michael Forums > George Michael > News

Old 29th July 2016, 19:28
EmilyPost EmilyPost est déconnecté
#######

Thanked 25,548 Times in 7,239 Posts

Is this incorrect then?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don%..._Go_Down_on_Me

The footage used for the single's music video (directed by Andy Morahan)[14] was taken from a "live" concert in Chicago with 70,000 fans. "The video was actually shot over several days," confirms Michael Pagnotta, George's publicist. "It was shot in an airline hangar in Burbank, California where George had been rehearsing; Elton came in for a night and they ran through the song a couple of times. Then the song was filmed in its entirety live in Chicago in the middle of October as part of that Cover to Cover tour, and when Elton came out from the wings, that place went crazy."[citation needed]
Old 29th July 2016, 20:15
Disney Disney est déconnecté
Thank you for 25 Live!

Thanked 3,738 Times in 415 Posts

I thought the vocal was recorded from Wembely and the Visuals from Chicago....funny mixture for a live single

Thank you George!
Old 30th July 2016, 15:02
hugh jass hugh jass est actuellement connecté

That right, a review of the show (Q MAGAZINE) in Chicago and interview I think said this, the song was performed twice I think, or he put the same outfit on as he had worn earlier in the show.

I have also read that a lot of the video was rerecorded somewhere else as were a lot of the vocals.(vocals in a studio)
Old 31st July 2016, 22:29
ridgewater ridgewater est déconnecté
Young Gun

They did perfrom at wembley, but vocals there are very different from chicago version.

There is a recording from audience of chicago concert in entirety I think, the version there sounds identical to the one that got eventually released. George tells before performance that it's gonna be filmed and used for a video. Were the vocals prerecorded or not I don't know, but I believe he could pull it off completly live. He did later on in 92.
Old 3rd August 2016, 00:15
BANDIT BANDIT est déconnecté
Flawless

Thanked 2,171 Times in 451 Posts

New post on the official George's website :
http://www.georgemichael.com/seeking...michael-media/
22/09/2011 - Symphonica - Nice

14/10/2012 - Symphonica - London
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BANDIT For This Useful Post:
cowboysandangels (3rd August 2016), HSL (3rd August 2016), mare (3rd August 2016), mariblu (3rd August 2016), webmaster (3rd August 2016)
Old 3rd August 2016, 10:31
Notorious Notorious est déconnecté

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANDIT View Post
New post on the official George's website :
http://www.georgemichael.com/seeking...michael-media/
That's cool - such a callout generally implies a box set on the way. Wouldn’t be surprised if a what 3-4 CD set is in the pipeline. Hopefully The Final DVD included!
The Following User Says Thank You to Notorious For This Useful Post:
BANDIT (3rd August 2016)
Old 3rd August 2016, 12:07
cowboysandangels cowboysandangels est déconnecté

Yes I was looking at this last night - it is quite odd - the thrust of the message seems to want to look at material from the Wham days but, as a few of those who have commented on the official website also mention, the dates of 88 to 94 are clearly at odds with the Wham period - that's way past anything Wham oriented?

That first line is also odd: '...GM is personally reaching out to fans and friends...' - why would you reach out to friends in particular via your website? Wouldn't you just call or ask them? Is this indicative/confirmation of his (apparent) isolation, that he doesn't even contact friends any more? Or are they just using the term friends/fans more loosely, interchangeably almost?

It is odd in my view - a bit like the last bit they posted on there re Gove and his infamous rap - not quite sure what they are trying to do with these bits these days - smacks of a lack of coherent marketing strategy anyways...

There's even a bit of me that wonders are they/George actually looking for something in particular for some reason - a smoking gun of sorts? Are they looking for the presence of someone/some particular people in those hi-res photos of crowds or of them backstage? With some of that date range of years, there's even a part of me that wonders is George looking for some old photo's of Anselmo, without directly asking for it?

Or could it all just be a ploy to get fans talking about him again?

Anyway, enough of the conspiracy theories... What I will say is if they are going to put a boxed-pack together that covers his material from those dates, it could be great - there's clearly masses of material from that time that was never released including footage of the Faith & C2C tours, the Freddie Mercury tribute, his performances for Red Hot & Dance, LWP2, Trojan Souls etc. - that period of 88 to 94 was in my view his most creative (I've said elsewhere that I suspect much of the material for Older, arguably his last great studio album, was probably written a year or two before the release in early 96, so the period 88 to 94 would also potentially cover out-takes from Older).
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cowboysandangels For This Useful Post:
BANDIT (3rd August 2016), bluegangsta (3rd August 2016)
Old 4th August 2016, 00:39
WhamMan WhamMan est déconnecté

It's the usual GM oddness. You hear nothing and then he pops back up like he's your best mate and never been away.

I think you're reading too much into it cowboysandangels. Those are pretty wild conspiracy theories!

I don't get the date range though. The only loose association I can make is that they tend to represent George as a solo artist at his peak.

The Wham! bit is odd. Anachronistic dates aside George rarely shows much affection for the Wham! days.

I'm choosing to think some sort of project is on the way - well why wouldn't you. Unless George wants to do some new reminiscing as part of his therapy - now that's me with the unusual theories!
The Following User Says Thank You to WhamMan For This Useful Post:
cowboysandangels (4th August 2016)
Old 5th August 2016, 00:36
cowboysandangels cowboysandangels est déconnecté

Curious and curiouser... they've changed the posting - it now reads '...1988 through 1996' - previously it said '...1988 through 1994' (trust me, I even checked the Google cache which still reads '1988 through 1994'!) - of course extending the timeframe in this way still excludes any Wham! years, so perhaps the thrust is less Wham! material, and more George material from his heyday - this basically now covers everything from the Faith tours through to the release and promotion of Older.

I wondered what had happened to the 25th anniversary of LWP last year - the marketing machine had begun to stir into life (remember the snippets of PFT and the poll of your fave track from the album?) - but then it all went quiet again - it's almost as if they decided to pan the idea of a 25th-anniversary LWP remaster/re-release, and maybe now they've rolled it into this 88 to 96 period instead. If they released something next year (perhaps a big boxed-set with one or two new singles from the album we were promised years ago?) they could market it as a 35-year career celebration (1982 to 2017)???

All just seems to raise more questions than answers... would still just settle for a short formal statement on his health, but hey-ho we've been here several times before...
Old 5th August 2016, 01:04
timtom3x timtom3x est déconnecté
Flawless

The only thing about this that bothers me is that it likely means nothing is going to be released this year. If this figures into something he was planning on releasing. I think he's probably doing this too late in the year for it to be ready for release before early next year. So what I get from this is, "Oh, geez, more waiting..." Not that we weren't waiting before, with nothing definite on the horizon. But I was at least holding out for a surprise album or something in the fall. I think this pretty much shoots that down.
Old 5th August 2016, 11:15
Unregistered

Default Sigh

This whole thing is all rather peculiar, the time frame not matching, etc. (why the Wham! emphasis? If those are the dates they're seeking?) But, I was, at first, glad to see it may mean some activity.. But I'd been hoping that, as had been mentioned not long ago, the LWP anniversary album would be out soon. If this means it's a new project being shoved off for a year or so, I'll likely never see what it is. (I'm literally Praying for time, personally)

Also, as much as I dislike it, there's a part of me that can't help feel this is no less grim.

I hate to sound morbid, and perhaps its my own illness, and the withdrawing from everyone/everything it's caused me (that and there still no actual sign of George, who as a self proclaimed perfectionist- wouldn't he likely want things stated in a clear, non confusing way on the website?) brings my mind here, but.. Most of the sort of things you're describing, I'd thought about, (big box set) after just having been reading about the box set, the who can I be now album, Lazarus in London, black star and art auction... For Bowie.

Sorry if im out of line as I'm not a member here, as I can't type much, but have been reading up on things. I've actually never 'worried' about a famous person before. It's odd. I was only a little kid when he was at the height of his career and I'm not the fanatical type. But I've always loved his music and personality. He's the only 80s 'pop' star I've followed, actually, and for some reason, while watching a live YouTube performance ....maybe 6-8 months ago, I became very concerned about George, and can't shake it.

Since, I've been periodically seeking and hoping for signs he's okay. This doesn't really feel like one. Or is it just me?
Old 5th August 2016, 21:55
WhamMan WhamMan est déconnecté

Would concentrate on your own issues if you are unwell for your sake. George will have to sort his own problems out. We're all worried about him but frankly he's screwed us all around with still no explanation. Don't put yourself through it.
The Following User Says Thank You to WhamMan For This Useful Post:
Angelfish (7th August 2016)
Old 5th August 2016, 23:10
Unregistered

Well, thank you, and you're right to a point, but dwelling on my own health only makes things worse, actually. I'm not obsessively worrying about a person I don't know in some detrimental way, so please don't take it to mean that. It's just that music, and a bit of reading or writing is all I'm physically able to do anymore, on a good day.

So checking here and there for signs of George, because for whatever reason he's in the back of my mind, I suppose it's one of the things that distracts me and believe me, I do need to find distractions.

And yes, I can tell his erratic, reckless, self destructive behavior followed by silences has left anyone who cares worried, and likely feeling a bit slighted and full of speculations.
However, I'm all too aware that caring too much and not caring at all can look very similar at times, especially if something is very wrong and you can barely even handle simple daily life (let alone the hopes and expectations of millions? Eek.)

Anyway, thanks again. Take care.

I'll just keep poking around now and then, hoping for some good news.
But I won't hold my breath.
Old 6th August 2016, 02:23
Parklife Parklife est déconnecté
Flawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamMan View Post
Would concentrate on your own issues if you are unwell for your sake. George will have to sort his own problems out. We're all worried about him but frankly he's screwed us all around with still no explanation. Don't put yourself through it.
Has he screwed us all around? I'm not sure. We are the ones speculating about this and that. He went silent and has said nothing for 3 years....probably because he's just not very well and cant cope with us/press, whatever. Why should he have to explain before he is ready? That alone would bring more pressure and interest in him which he can do without. His team or people around him have more to gain from any of this than him so they are keeping feelers out to keep some interest going in him. Clearly the man we all know would not let these "mistakes" happen so he clearly has nothing to do with it or isn't well enough to care IMHO.
Old 6th August 2016, 12:44
pas1974 pas1974 est déconnecté
Cowboy or Angel?

Looking for Wham media from '88 to '96 makes no sense at all so I agree with everyone that it's a pretty weird "mistake" (even if '78 is too early, the '78 to '86 period would have made more sense...).
As far as I remember, the one and only remotely Wham sign after '88 was Andrew's appearance on stage with George in Rock in Rio in '91.