George Michael Forums

Go Back   George Michael Forums > George Michael > News


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 29th January 2017, 12:07
Parklife Parklife est déconnecté
Flawless
 
Join Date: 01-2015
Location: London
Posts: 865
Thanks: 443
Thanked 948 Times in 409 Posts
Default Showtime documentary | Producer Nile Rodgers was filming upcoming George Michael documentary at star's home...

https://youtu.be/-lGzSNQdZAY



Just seen this clip on You Tube. Looks like George was working on two documentaries. The one referred to here seems to be more about the song writing process than LWP. Sounds very interesting indeed and it looks like it is finished! So he really was back in the creative spirit again. What a bloody shame!

Last edited by EmilyPost; 29th January 2017 at 14:47.. Reason: added yt brackets
Reply With Quote
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Parklife For This Useful Post:
Angelfish (29th January 2017), BANDIT (30th January 2017), blink (6th February 2017), EmilyPost (29th January 2017), GM40fansince'89 (17th May 2017), ieremiadis (3rd February 2017), ivory (9th March 2017), jarofchains (30th January 2017), LYDIA (29th January 2017), mare (30th January 2017), pas1974 (4th February 2017), Pippy (6th February 2017), Sami (30th January 2017), snoopy (30th January 2017), Toto (30th January 2017), Yogifan (5th March 2017)
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 29th January 2017, 12:24
EmilyPost's Avatar
EmilyPost EmilyPost est déconnecté
#######
 
Join Date: 03-2005
Location: USA
Posts: 18,238
Thanks: 9,728
Thanked 25,862 Times in 7,341 Posts
Default

At the very beginning,I think he starts to say "he just got his driver's"....very sad indeed.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 29th January 2017, 12:37
Angelfish Angelfish est déconnecté
Flawless
 
Join Date: 08-2016
Location: USA
Posts: 841
Thanks: 628
Thanked 864 Times in 387 Posts
Default

Oh man... Just signed contracts to make new music together? Supposed to call Xmas day? Sigh.

Makes it so much harder, waiting and wondering what happened. What could've and should've been.

Really another thing that makes suicide sound very unlikely.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 29th January 2017, 23:23
EmilyPost's Avatar
EmilyPost EmilyPost est déconnecté
#######
 
Join Date: 03-2005
Location: USA
Posts: 18,238
Thanks: 9,728
Thanked 25,862 Times in 7,341 Posts
Default

You have to wonder if this will ever see the light of day.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 29th January 2017, 23:25
Katra's Avatar
Katra Katra est déconnecté
Flawless
 
Join Date: 12-2007
Location: Europe
Posts: 251
Thanks: 674
Thanked 247 Times in 130 Posts
Default

Mixed feelings ...
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 30th January 2017, 01:57
snoopy's Avatar
snoopy snoopy est déconnecté
Member
 
Join Date: 10-2004
Location: Club Tropicana
Posts: 192
Thanks: 221
Thanked 347 Times in 110 Posts
Default

OMG... waiting for a call on Christmas day.... and instead they got the news alert...
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 30th January 2017, 05:47
Angelfish Angelfish est déconnecté
Flawless
 
Join Date: 08-2016
Location: USA
Posts: 841
Thanks: 628
Thanked 864 Times in 387 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilyPost View Post
You have to wonder if this will ever see the light of day.

Would be nice. Even if just one or two songs could be completed.

I keep wondering what George's voice was like just recently. Hopefully what he did with that Naughty Boy guy will be released sometime soon, at the very least.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 30th January 2017, 09:59
Ciara1976 Ciara1976 est déconnecté
Star People
 
Join Date: 01-2017
Location: USA
Posts: 53
Thanks: 60
Thanked 105 Times in 31 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parklife View Post
Just seen this clip on You Tube. Looks like George was working on two documentaries. The one referred to here seems to be more about the song writing process than LWP. Sounds very interesting indeed and it looks like it is finished! So he really was back in the creative spirit again. What a bloody shame!
The second film might've been not another documentary though- one article mentions that he was redoing Freedom 90 video specifically for this documentary? Anyway, sounds interesting:
http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrit...coming-9521818
And another article - definitely sounds like it isn't just about LWP:
http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...icle-1.2924707

I hope we get at least few new songs out of whatever is left...
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 3rd February 2017, 03:19
xyladecor's Avatar
xyladecor xyladecor est déconnecté
www.georgemichaelconcerts .co.uk
 
Join Date: 04-2006
Location: Vienna
Posts: 1,030
Thanks: 1,947
Thanked 1,005 Times in 301 Posts
Default

If i read who all worked and partied with George the last weeks and months i have strang doubts they all really tell the truth and have more the feeling they want in the media focus. Because the reality looked totally different. We had no life sign of George since years, no releases, no interviews with sound and/or picture, absolutely nothing. And we have all the worried messages from various people the past years about George, who retreated from social life. So i dont believe anything in media all i know since more than 3 years that something was really wrong, and nothing was okay. Otherwise we hadnt this silence and abstinence with the sadest of all final options, in particular his dead.
__________________

Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to xyladecor For This Useful Post:
Katra (3rd February 2017), Mortisha (6th March 2017), Pippy (6th February 2017)
  #10  
Old 3rd February 2017, 09:56
.y.'s Avatar
.y. .y. est déconnecté
sommes lancés
 
Join Date: 07-2004
Location: Beyonirrelevancton
Posts: 2,222
Thanks: 53
Thanked 1,525 Times in 370 Posts
Default

I remember to have read last year that LWP25 was postponed in order to film a documentary and release it with the anniversary album. What should be the reason else because the content of the album didn't change during that time.
__________________
»Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.«
»…bombing for peace is like fuɕking for virginity…«

Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 3rd February 2017, 20:18
ieremiadis's Avatar
ieremiadis ieremiadis est déconnecté
Junior Member
 
Join Date: 08-2006
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 920
Thanks: 1,231
Thanked 1,300 Times in 396 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xyladecor View Post
If i read who all worked and partied with George the last weeks and months i have strang doubts they all really tell the truth and have more the feeling they want in the media focus. Because the reality looked totally different. We had no life sign of George since years, no releases, no interviews with sound and/or picture, absolutely nothing. And we have all the worried messages from various people the past years about George, who retreated from social life. So i dont believe anything in media all i know since more than 3 years that something was really wrong, and nothing was okay. Otherwise we hadnt this silence and abstinence with the sadest of all final options, in particular his dead.
I believe it was quite normal for us not to see or hear anything from him for the last 3 years since he was in the rehab in Swiss for these 3 years!
And just when it all ended and he was back clean and willing to start all over, he passed away! Such a shame...
__________________
---------------------------------------------------
London, Earls Court 28-11-06 - BLK 19 - ROW A
Athens, OAKA Stadium 26-07-07 - Gate 7B - ROW 15
London, Earls Court 24-08-08 - FINAL TWO - Block 5 Row J
The Best Days Of My Life!!!
Thank You, George!
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ieremiadis For This Useful Post:
KojiTaku (6th February 2017), pas1974 (4th February 2017)
  #12  
Old 4th February 2017, 02:52
Angelfish Angelfish est déconnecté
Flawless
 
Join Date: 08-2016
Location: USA
Posts: 841
Thanks: 628
Thanked 864 Times in 387 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ieremiadis View Post
I believe it was quite normal for us not to see or hear anything from him for the last 3 years since he was in the rehab in Swiss for these 3 years!
And just when it all ended and he was back clean and willing to start all over, he passed away! Such a shame...
I thought he was in rehab for about a year..? Three years?
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Angelfish For This Useful Post:
xyladecor (4th February 2017)
  #13  
Old 4th February 2017, 03:50
xyladecor's Avatar
xyladecor xyladecor est déconnecté
www.georgemichaelconcerts .co.uk
 
Join Date: 04-2006
Location: Vienna
Posts: 1,030
Thanks: 1,947
Thanked 1,005 Times in 301 Posts
Default

Absolutely right. George was not 3 years in rehab.

What we know on the scaring key data is:
May 2013 was the serious car accident on the M1, in May 2014 there was the collapse at his house in highgate. And June 2015 was reported George is on rehab in the switzerland "since months". Later was reported the rehab took nearly 1 year, but not really confirmed too..

As far as i remember the last picture of him was from September 2013 at highgate area. Beside these pictures of him which sould have been taken a few weeks before his deas, but not really confirmed as there is no chance to prove that. Other as the pic from September 2013 which could proved by areference to newspaper ad or something similar.

I hope really that anytime later a biography about George´s life will bring light in the last 5 years of his life. I have not much hope that we ever get it, but David would be the best person for that and know maybe at best, how big the desire of George fanbase is to get the truth of their idol. Now everything is over there are no more secrets necessary and a clear story of everything with open cards would be so appreciated by his fans, who accompanied for so long.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xyladecor For This Useful Post:
ieremiadis (6th February 2017), Pippy (6th March 2017)
  #14  
Old 6th February 2017, 12:35
ieremiadis's Avatar
ieremiadis ieremiadis est déconnecté
Junior Member
 
Join Date: 08-2006
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 920
Thanks: 1,231
Thanked 1,300 Times in 396 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xyladecor View Post
Absolutely right. George was not 3 years in rehab.

What we know on the scaring key data is:
May 2013 was the serious car accident on the M1, in May 2014 there was the collapse at his house in highgate. And June 2015 was reported George is on rehab in the switzerland "since months". Later was reported the rehab took nearly 1 year, but not really confirmed too..

As far as i remember the last picture of him was from September 2013 at highgate area. Beside these pictures of him which sould have been taken a few weeks before his deas, but not really confirmed as there is no chance to prove that. Other as the pic from September 2013 which could proved by areference to newspaper ad or something similar.

I hope really that anytime later a biography about George´s life will bring light in the last 5 years of his life. I have not much hope that we ever get it, but David would be the best person for that and know maybe at best, how big the desire of George fanbase is to get the truth of their idol. Now everything is over there are no more secrets necessary and a clear story of everything with open cards would be so appreciated by his fans, who accompanied for so long.
Andros mentioned in his interview to BBC that GM was in rehab for the last 3 years!
Also, from what I can understand his rehab thing was something on & off, or at least for certain periods.
I suppose he had to be physically there (in Swiss) for soem time getting his counselling and/or treatment, flew back home where he was secluded in a way, returned back to rehab & so on...
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 6th February 2017, 17:27
freeek's Avatar
freeek freeek est déconnecté
He sang thirty years and a day, but nothing changed.
 
Join Date: 11-2004
Location: belfast
Posts: 199
Thanks: 84
Thanked 310 Times in 106 Posts
Default

Bare in mind that he was in a rehab facility in Australia for the first 3 months of 2013. Not long after this was the M1 incident. He was pictured several times throughout 2013 looking more or less okay, but didn't tweet from the January of 2013 until January 2014! Then there was the incident at his house in May 2014, and then the next thing we heard of him he was in Zurich on an "extended break". He also didn't tweet from June 2014 until June 2015 when he tweeted to say that he was enjoying the tennis like everyone else and not to believe what was in the papers.

So while he wasn't in rehab for 3 full years he was definitely there on and off over the same time period, and his erratic tweeting (especially after being so prolific before) points to him being "pre-occupied". At several points there were even debates about whether his tweets were actually authored by him.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to freeek For This Useful Post:
ieremiadis (7th February 2017)
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


Custom Search


All times are GMT +3. The time now is 08:27.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

'George Michael Forums' is a non-commercial, private and unofficial fan site dedicated to George Michael and Wham!.
Content published on 'George Michael Forums' requires permission for reprint. No infringement of any copyright is intended.

Disclaimer | Impressum


Free Visitor Maps at VisitorMap.org
Get a FREE visitor map for your site!