George Michael Forums

Go Back   George Michael Forums > George Michael > News

Old 6th February 2017, 17:34
Katra Katra est déconnecté
Flawless

And I remember his tweet from maybe beginning of January 2014 that 2013 was worst year ever ...
Old 6th February 2017, 18:11
freeek freeek est déconnecté
He sang thirty years and a day, but nothing changed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katra View Post
And I remember his tweet from maybe beginning of January 2014 that 2013 was worst year ever ...
Indeed it was, and he hoped that we could forgive him for his silence.

I said it in one of my posts a few weeks back, something terrible must have happened within George towards the end of 2012, beginning with the cancellation of the Australian tour, for the following 3 or so years of his life to unfold as they did.

I don't think it was all bad, and I do believe he was in a better place towards the end, but he was by no means the man he was pre-pneumonia or even immediately after. He was so positive, so joyful and so uplifted after his recovery, but evidently his demons just became too much for him.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to freeek For This Useful Post:
Angelfish (6th February 2017), ivory (9th March 2017), Katra (6th February 2017), pas1974 (6th February 2017)
Old 6th February 2017, 18:21
Katra Katra est déconnecté
Flawless

I agree

I remember telling myself that after that pneumonia George is gonna survive everything but
Old 6th February 2017, 18:44
pas1974 pas1974 est déconnecté
Cowboy or Angel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeek View Post
Indeed it was, and he hoped that we could forgive him for his silence.

I said it in one of my posts a few weeks back, something terrible must have happened within George towards the end of 2012, beginning with the cancellation of the Australian tour, for the following 3 or so years of his life to unfold as they did.

I don't think it was all bad, and I do believe he was in a better place towards the end, but he was by no means the man he was pre-pneumonia or even immediately after. He was so positive, so joyful and so uplifted after his recovery, but evidently his demons just became too much for him.
I agree, 2nd half of 2016. Maybe he hit the road back too early instead of taking care of his post-traumatic disorder (which can be extremely serious).
Old 6th February 2017, 19:21
elayman elayman est actuellement connecté
Flawless

Quote:
Bare in mind that he was in a rehab facility in Australia for the first 3 months of 2013. Not long after this was the M1 incident. He was pictured several times throughout 2013 looking more or less okay, but didn't tweet from the January of 2013 until January 2014! Then there was the incident at his house in May 2014, and then the next thing we heard of him he was in Zurich on an "extended break". He also didn't tweet from June 2014 until June 2015 when he tweeted to say that he was enjoying the tennis like everyone else and not to believe what was in the papers.

So while he wasn't in rehab for 3 full years he was definitely there on and off over the same time period, and his erratic tweeting (especially after being so prolific before) points to him being "pre-occupied". At several points there were even debates about whether his tweets were actually authored by him.
Wasn't he also supposedly in a halfway house type arrangement after the initial residency ? So it is very possible he could still have been considered an official client of the center even while living off site most of those years.
Old 6th February 2017, 20:11
Angelfish Angelfish est déconnecté
Flawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas1974 View Post
I agree, 2nd half of 2016. Maybe he hit the road back too early instead of taking care of his post-traumatic disorder (which can be extremely serious).
Did George have PTSD? I know how serious it is. I've had it since childhood.
Old 6th February 2017, 20:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by elayman View Post
Wasn't he also supposedly in a halfway house type arrangement after the initial residency ? So it is very possible he could still have been considered an official client of the center even while living off site most of those years.
Yes I believe from what was publicised that that was the reason he was in Zurich for so long. So when his people said he was there on an "extended break" they weren't necessarily lying, but weren't exactly telling the whole truth of the matter either!

I spent some time at the start of the year trying to piece together the last 3/4 years, and I find the situation incredibly sad and heartbreaking.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to freeek For This Useful Post:
Angelfish (6th February 2017), elayman (6th February 2017)
Old 6th February 2017, 20:38
Cowboy or Angel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelfish View Post
Did George have PTSD? I know how serious it is. I've had it since childhood.
I think he mentioned it in a 2012 inteview (with Phil Marriott).
The Following User Says Thank You to pas1974 For This Useful Post:
Angelfish (6th February 2017)
Old 6th February 2017, 21:34
Flawless

Quote:
I think he mentioned it in a 2012 inteview (with Phil Marriott).
Wow. I wonder what from. I suppose maybe the pneumonia could've caused it. Severe trauma of any kind can, usually people think of just war and abuse, but if it's from even father back in his life, that would certainly explain a lot.
Old 6th February 2017, 21:41
blink blink est déconnecté
Star People

Thank you for posting that! Now I am positive that soon we will see this new Documentary. Showtime is the company another of my favorites - Oliver Stone is working with. And this guy - Nile Rodgers looks like having very positive energy. Besides, he confirms in the video - they had signed contracts and everything sealed. Can't wait to see the film.
Old 6th February 2017, 21:41
Cowboy or Angel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelfish View Post
Wow. I wonder what from. I suppose maybe the pneumonia could've caused it. Severe trauma of any kind can, usually people think of just war and abuse, but if it's from even father back in his life, that would certainly explain a lot.
Yes it was related to pneumonia and how the doctors had told him to rest and avoid any work but he couldn't because he was quickly getting very restless...
Old 6th February 2017, 22:32
Flawless

Quote:
Yes it was related to pneumonia and how the doctors had told him to rest and avoid any work but he couldn't because he was quickly getting very restless...
Oh, I've seen that. I wouldn't think of PTSD though. More general anxiety. Which is still awful and also a stress disorder. ptsd I thought it would've been flashbacks, night terrors, panic attacks, that sort of thing. (Who knows, though maybe he had much more from it than what he said.)
Old 8th February 2017, 22:33

It's actually not long until LWP and the Freedom documentary is released, I wonder if George is featured on screen or if it's just his voice? If the album is due to be out on the 3rd March the documentary cant be far behind.

Interesting that George also seemed to be getting a few producers on board for a new album (assuming that's what Nile was talking about, and not just the other documentary thing), going right back to Older that seemed to have been common criticism of the way he recorded albums.
Old 8th February 2017, 22:52
Cowboy or Angel?

Quote:
It's actually not long until LWP and the Freedom documentary is released, I wonder if George is featured on screen or if it's just his voice? If the album is due to be out on the 3rd March the documentary cant be far behind.

Interesting that George also seemed to be getting a few producers on board for a new album (assuming that's what Nile was talking about, and not just the other documentary thing), going right back to Older that seemed to have been common criticism of the way he recorded albums.
I'm really sorry to write this...but apparently the release of LWP25 is postponed (HMV now says Sept 8th)...
I don't think George appears on screen on the documentary, not the 2016 George anyway.

Is Nile Rodgers talking about a remix he'd done for a new song? (The disc he had in his hand on the picture and that George wanted that they listen to it together?)
I didn't catch everything...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pas1974 For This Useful Post:
blink (8th February 2017), lynzpie (9th February 2017)
Old 8th February 2017, 23:13
Flawless

Quote:
I'm really sorry to write this...but apparently the release of LWP25 is postponed (HMV now says Sept 8th)...
I don't think George appears on screen on the documentary, not the 2016 George anyway.

Is Nile Rodgers talking about a remix he'd done for a new song? (The disc he had in his hand on the picture and that George wanted that they listen to it together?)
I didn't catch everything...

Wow, September? I knew when they first bumped it, I wasn't likely to see/hear it.

And yes he said he'd been working on a remix. It doesn't seem clear if it was a brand new song though. Sounds like it could've been.