George Michael Forums

Go Back   George Michael Forums > George Michael > News

Old 7th February 2017, 14:51
FiRe FiRe est déconnecté

Default Tribute segments for George Michael by Adele at the Grammys 2017 - 12. February 2017

Just a thought; wouldn't it be great if Adele chose to pay tribute to GM in some way at the event... she's a massive admirer after all... performing one of his songs maybe... haven't seen any tribute planned for him at the upcoming Grammys.

Stay strong y'all!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to FiRe For This Useful Post:
blink (7th February 2017), G.M.Freak (14th February 2017), pas1974 (7th February 2017), Sami (8th February 2017), webmaster (13th February 2017)
Sponsored Links
Old 7th February 2017, 15:06
blink blink est déconnecté
Star People

There was an article on Hollywood reporter or Hollywood life, dont remember - there they were planning a special tribute event in memory of George Michael for the Grammys 2017. There were some names in the article mentioned to perform there, but do not remember... Something like Elton and Mariah...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to blink For This Useful Post:
FiRe (7th February 2017), KojiTaku (7th February 2017), webmaster (8th February 2017)
Old 7th February 2017, 17:41
EmilyPost EmilyPost est déconnecté
#######

Thanked 25,862 Times in 7,341 Posts

David Bowie and Prince also died in 2016. I can't imagine that the Grammy's would ignore them.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EmilyPost For This Useful Post:
KojiTaku (7th February 2017), webmaster (8th February 2017)
Old 7th February 2017, 18:42
Angelfish Angelfish est déconnecté
Flawless

I've read quite a few big names in music are boycotting the Grammys this year. I haven't payed attention to them in at least a decade. Not my thing. But James Corden is hosting this year, and I'm sure he will be mentioning George as well as David and prince. And I'd think it strange if Leonard Cohen were left out.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Angelfish For This Useful Post:
KojiTaku (7th February 2017), Sonya7 (7th February 2017)
Old 7th February 2017, 22:54
Sonya7 Sonya7 est déconnecté
Flawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilyPost View Post
David Bowie and Prince also died in 2016. I can't imagine that the Grammy's would ignore them.
They did Bowie tribute last year Lady Gaga performed some of Bowie's songs (medley of 10 songs i think) and that was really bad

I think Adam Lambert is great singer I hope they get Adam if they have a plan to doing tribute to George, he is also admirer of Prince and he can sing prince's songs too and maybe Hozier for Leonard Cohen tribute?
in my opinion they should have asked Adam for Bowie tribute last year he could have done so much better than Gaga if someone doubts in my words or Adam's Vocal Abilities just watch some of his live performances

If not Adam, Carrie Underwood or someone who can really sing pls not average singers they will ruin G's songs. most of famous singers who are always performing in Grammys or other music awards ceremonies can't even sing their own songs there is no need to asking them to sing George's songs. G's songs are not easy to sing at all and i can't think of anyone who can sings them as good as George but i think Adam is not a bad choice for doing tribute . and i prefer no tribute to terrible tribute like Bowie tribute last year that was very disrespectful
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sonya7 For This Useful Post:
KojiTaku (9th February 2017), neko011 (8th February 2017)
Old 8th February 2017, 00:09
Sonya7 Sonya7 est déconnecté
Flawless

There is also The Bee Gees tribute this year

Grammys is terrible in my opinion i barely watched any of music awards shows since i don't know when! there are always same singers every year performing and winning awards. and quality of live performances is poor and not satisfying. list of nominees and winners started to be really embarrassing since years ago they really don't appreciate real talents. the whole ceremony is very boring. whenever i watched shows like Grammys or Billboard or others it made me regret wasting my time and decided to only watch my favourite singers performance from youtube instead of torturing myself with watching the whole ceremony.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sonya7 For This Useful Post:
KojiTaku (9th February 2017), Mortisha (14th February 2017), webmaster (8th February 2017)
Old 8th February 2017, 17:15
qp65 qp65 est déconnecté
Flawless

Tribute segments for George Michael and Prince at the Grammys

http://www.independent.ie/style/cele...-35434772.html

Neil Portnow, president and chief executive of the Recording Academy, said: " George Michael and Prince were pop icons who showcased rare musical genius and otherworldly charisma.
"While each possessed a distinct style and sound, they were both adored by audiences worldwide. The passings of two such creative innovators were a huge loss for the creative community.

"The Recording Academy is humbled to pay homage to their tremendous legacies on the Grammy stage."
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to qp65 For This Useful Post:
FiRe (8th February 2017), G.M.Freak (8th February 2017), ieremiadis (9th February 2017), KojiTaku (8th February 2017), LYDIA (8th February 2017), pas1974 (8th February 2017), Sami (8th February 2017), Toto (8th February 2017), webmaster (8th February 2017)
Old 8th February 2017, 18:16
LYDIA LYDIA est déconnecté
PreBoxRemix
Zookeeper Champion, Pipes Champion

Thanked 14,252 Times in 5,466 Posts

I'm so curious of who and how they will tribute GM and Prince.....two very unique people who made huge marks in the music world over decades.
For prince I can imagine John Meyer having a part only because his guitar skills are on the higher levels of talent and Prince dominated the guitar. So maybe Purple Rain which includes iconic guitar work.
For GM I hope for the strongest voices possible. Yes, Adam L is a strong voice but hasn't the popularity in the States that I think he might have over seas. MaryJ of course has worked with GM and she also has worked with Sam Smith on many occasions....who knows.

PhoenixDallasHouston
...nothing was further from my mind
than this moment with you...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LYDIA For This Useful Post:
KojiTaku (8th February 2017), Sonya7 (9th February 2017), webmaster (8th February 2017)
Old 8th February 2017, 18:18
FiRe FiRe est déconnecté

Not a big fan of awards shows either, but this one I'll just have to watch... for GM, Prince and others. Bruno Mars is supposed to perform with The Time and Bruno and Adele have worked together, so... Just toying with the idea that when it's Adele's turn to perform, she just delivers a perfect version of some of his songs... nothing extravagant, just a heartfelt performance as only she can, you know...
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to FiRe For This Useful Post:
G.M.Freak (8th February 2017), ieremiadis (9th February 2017), KojiTaku (8th February 2017), LYDIA (8th February 2017), qp65 (8th February 2017)
Old 8th February 2017, 19:52
qp65 qp65 est déconnecté
Flawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiRe View Post
Not a big fan of awards shows either, but this one I'll just have to watch... for GM, Prince and others. Bruno Mars is supposed to perform with The Time and Bruno and Adele have worked together, so... Just toying with the idea that when it's Adele's turn to perform, she just delivers a perfect version of some of his songs... nothing extravagant, just a heartfelt performance as only she can, you know...
really like the idea that both Bruno Mars and Adele are involved in the GM tribute, with Adele for a ballad (One More Try) and Bruno for an upbeat dance track. Freedom 90 hopefully will be featured as it is a signature song of GM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qp65 For This Useful Post:
FiRe (9th February 2017), KojiTaku (9th February 2017)
Old 8th February 2017, 21:02
Newsbot Newsbot est déconnecté
always up to date

Thanked 10,717 Times in 3,225 Posts
Default Prince, George Michael to get Grammy tributes

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Prince and George Michael will be honored at the Grammy Awards on Sunday with separate tributes, but organizers did not say on Wednesday which musicians will perform them.

More...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Newsbot For This Useful Post:
blink (9th February 2017), FiRe (9th February 2017), KojiTaku (8th February 2017), Verena (9th February 2017)
Old 8th February 2017, 23:35
jlb jlb est déconnecté
Star People

Default Adele

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiRe View Post
Just a thought; wouldn't it be great if Adele chose to pay tribute to GM in some way at the event... she's a massive admirer after all... performing one of his songs maybe... haven't seen any tribute planned for him at the upcoming Grammys.

Stay strong y'all!
Was a bit surprised Adele didn't release any statement when George passed...unless I missed it.
Old 9th February 2017, 09:28
FiRe FiRe est déconnecté

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlb View Post
Was a bit surprised Adele didn't release any statement when George passed...unless I missed it.
I have to admit... I thought about it too. Do you remember; on her bday she dressed up as GM...
Old 9th February 2017, 14:52
webmaster webmaster est déconnecté
Gold
Space Invaders Champion, Breakout Champion, Ice Age 1 - Scrat Jump Champion, Queens Jewels Champion, Happy Tree Friends: Dynamite Champion, Happy Tree Friends: Lumpy Artist Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion

Thanked 74,571 Times in 16,611 Posts

Nothing new, just wanted to post some graphics

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to webmaster For This Useful Post:
LYDIA (9th February 2017), neko011 (9th February 2017)
Old 9th February 2017, 16:46
Angelfish Angelfish est déconnecté
Flawless

Wish they'd have Muse (Matt ballamy is incredible on guitar and vocals) and Hozier, he is one of the few I'd actually like to hear cover a GM song. He's got a great voice, too. Even Florence Welch, she's got lungs alright. Haven't seen any of them mentioned.