George Michael Forums

Go Back   George Michael Forums > George Michael > News

Old 13th February 2017, 21:32
Shooting Star Shooting Star est déconnecté
Young Gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by liztay View Post
Can anyone send me the link so I can watch it in full as going mad only seeing the fluffed version and I really want to see it in full!!!
Full performance over here: http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/..._all_dt_fb_top

Unfortunately they did take out the swearing
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shooting Star For This Useful Post:
liztay (13th February 2017), mare (14th February 2017)
Old 13th February 2017, 21:45
WhamMan WhamMan est déconnecté

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMthx View Post
I must be alone in this. I don't feel she did him justice, even if her heart was fully in the right place.
I won't comment on her starting over, but she did it with no class by swearing her head off on stage and making it all about her vs the man with a 35 year music career who just died. The American media is only talking about her and how wonderful she is now. I thought it was diva behaviour and she kind of took George's moment. Also when you listen carefully she said " want to get this right for you" (audience) not "him" as she is being misquoted as saying now. The family should have just stuck to not having anyone pay tribute. The us media was never going to give him his due. Adele didn't help matters unfortunately though I know she loved him. And that arrangement was generally horrible except for the last few lyrics.
Trust me, you are not alone.

I can't get my head round how messing around with his song so much is a tribute. It just became an Adele showcase. I don't need the song slowed down to understand the lyrics. It was written as an uptempo song and should have stayed that way.

Marc Almond has a new song called A Kind of Love which is a great 80s style piece of pop. I think of George when I listen to that as it reminds me so much of how catchy George's music was. And if you shut one ear George could have written it many years ago. I'd rather remember George through that than Adele.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to WhamMan For This Useful Post:
Hollylove (14th February 2017), Mortisha (14th February 2017), msgm2 (14th February 2017), xfreader (14th February 2017)
Old 13th February 2017, 21:51
Boris Boris est déconnecté
Enjoy What You Do

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMthx View Post
I must be alone in this. I don't feel she did him justice, even if her heart was fully in the right place.
I won't comment on her starting over, but she did it with no class by swearing her head off on stage and making it all about her vs the man with a 35 year music career who just died. The American media is only talking about her and how wonderful she is now. I thought it was diva behaviour and she kind of took George's moment. Also when you listen carefully she said " want to get this right for you" (audience) not "him" as she is being misquoted as saying now. The family should have just stuck to not having anyone pay tribute. The us media was never going to give him his due. Adele didn't help matters unfortunately though I know she loved him. And that arrangement was generally horrible except for the last few lyrics.
She clearly says "I am Sorry, I can't mess this up for him". Watched it at least 10 times on my DVR and there is no doubt about it.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Boris For This Useful Post:
jeffmo789 (17th February 2017), KojiTaku (14th February 2017), msgm2 (14th February 2017), neko011 (13th February 2017)
Old 13th February 2017, 23:18
Mr.Michaels Mr.Michaels est déconnecté
Star People

I'm not a fan of Adele, but she has a great voice. I don't like it when uptempo songs are turned into ballads.

But I loved this performance and rendition. It was very moving and beautiful. The pictures of George were also well chosen. And the whole backdrop thing was also in sync with the song. I bet George would have loved it.

For example The Bee Gees "tribute" was like one of those boring Idols sing-along group things. Barry Gibb looked very impressed after Adele's performance and wouldn't surprise me if he was thinking "yes, that's a TRIBUTE".
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mr.Michaels For This Useful Post:
jeffmo789 (17th February 2017), KojiTaku (14th February 2017)
Old 14th February 2017, 01:15
Georgeforever Georgeforever est déconnecté
Flawless

Default A sombre tribute

I would have liked it if it all had gone smoothly without having to start over.
Of course, things do go wrong sometimes - but still the swearing was not appropriate for the occasion.

Apart from that, the tribute itself was beautiful.

The surprise element of listening to something unexpected.
Not a ballad sung as a ballad - but an uptempo song turned into a tragic haunting melody. I felt that this melancholy truly reflected the tragedy that is George's loss. (and the tragedies that he experienced in his life)

The string arrangement was beautiful. I think that George himself would have liked it.
Adele's voice was very good as always. But it drives home the fact that we will not hear George singing his own songs again - from now on it will be done by other people and no matter how good they are, they can never be nearly as good as George.

The video of George in the background, the stunning beauty, the dancing, his smile, him conquering the stage with his unique charisma - with the blond hair, then with the beard, then the sunglasses... each part of the video so associated with different phases of his career, each associated with memories of my life when I would see him in these videos and photos, all rolling before me in a few minutes.

Then I realised that Adele had chosen the right song... "I miss my baby"

This is so heart-breaking.

And so beautiful at the same time.
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Georgeforever For This Useful Post:
BostonTurk (14th February 2017), G.M.Freak (14th February 2017), GMfan87' (14th February 2017), jeffmo789 (17th February 2017), KojiTaku (14th February 2017), Kyriacos (14th February 2017), Lisbeth (14th February 2017), liztay (14th February 2017), LYDIA (14th February 2017), lynzpie (15th February 2017), marjo (14th February 2017), neko011 (14th February 2017), pas1974 (14th February 2017), RealLove (14th February 2017), Sami (14th February 2017)
Old 14th February 2017, 04:04
G.M.Freak G.M.Freak est déconnecté
Insatiable Naughty Angel;)

Thanked 31,953 Times in 12,824 Posts
Unhappy

I think Adele's tribute to George was beautiful and moving. For a second,I thought her stopping,then starting over was kinda odd....but I realised that she just wanted to get it right for George. I cried like a baby during her performance. I liked her slow rendition of "Fast Love" ..it broke my heart when she sang at the last "I miss my baby". You could see her heartbreak on her face and her words as she sang. Watching the pictures of George in the background...seeing his beautiful face and gorgeous smile..I cried even harder .This performance made my mind finally realise ..he is really gone, I can finally let go of the grief I've been holding in since he died. Christmas will never be the same.I had four losses last year..SO much grief. Two were family..then Prince died. March and April 2016 where the saddest months of my life. I remember thinking "We still have George,Thank God!" Christmas Eve I played "Last Christmas" about 10 times lol. Life can be so unpredictable and so damned cruel .
As for Bruno Mar's tribute for Prince...I LOVED it!!!He was spot on and I was butt-dancin' on my couch. His guitar skills are awesome..and he is hot..so what is there not to likeAnywhoo... I thought it was awesome. Plus,I loved "The Time" being there."Jungle Love" put me right back to 1985.Morris Day still has the moves! I still get very sad when I listen to Prince songs and watch his videos. I'm just so glad that I was born at a time that Prince and George were a great part of my life and always be. I am freakin' glad that 2016 is over..it REALLY sucked!!

I'm just waiting for the time I can listen and watch George videos without crying.I can listen to his music,but I still can't watch the videos for some reason . I know I will get there,but it's going to take some more time.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to G.M.Freak For This Useful Post:
GMfan87' (14th February 2017), KojiTaku (14th February 2017), Kyriacos (14th February 2017), mare (14th February 2017), marjo (14th February 2017), neko011 (14th February 2017), pas1974 (14th February 2017), RealLove (14th February 2017), UnRayodeSol (21st February 2017), Verena (14th February 2017)
Old 14th February 2017, 06:13
GMfan87' GMfan87' est actuellement connecté
Flawless

Yes the " I miss my baby" part was heartbreaking to me , too. It is going to take more time to be able to listen to and watch him without tears . I believe knowing what happened to him and a burial will help somewhat . Looking forward to Brit awards , hope they have a bigger tribute and include his voice in it .
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to GMfan87' For This Useful Post:
G.M.Freak (14th February 2017), Georgeforever (15th February 2017), lynzpie (15th February 2017), marjo (14th February 2017), neko011 (14th February 2017), Verena (14th February 2017)
Old 14th February 2017, 07:55
Boris Boris est déconnecté
Enjoy What You Do

http://consequenceofsound.net/2017/0...e-and-rihanna/

I am sorry but after reading the above I feel Adele was being selfish. A celebration of George's music with her, James Corden, Beyonce and Rihanna would have been amazing and significantly better than what we got. I am warming up to Adele's tribute especially after the restart but the original plan for the tribute could have been epic.
Old 14th February 2017, 08:06
.y. .y. est déconnecté
sommes lancés

Thanked 1,525 Times in 370 Posts

Am I the only one who thinks Adele stopped and restarted to sing "bullshít conversation" instead of "useless conversation" b/c it's real lyrics? And that media like Youtube consequently censor these words automatically?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to .y. For This Useful Post:
BostonTurk (14th February 2017), KojiTaku (14th February 2017), LYDIA (14th February 2017)
Old 14th February 2017, 09:08
googoodoll googoodoll est déconnecté
Flawless

The video behind her was stunning and whoever put it together deserves a lot of praise. I loved that it was all about him, there were no shots of his various duets, which they could've gone overboard with to show how respected he was, it included shots from the Outside video with the disco bathroom and him dressed as a cop, it included the Fony headphones (with a Sony artist on stage), it was synced with the song being performed and it encompassed his entire career. Really, really impressive!

P.S. Adele was audibly off before stopping and restarting the performance. I'm surprised people think she did this because of the nonsense/bullshit lyrics. Nice touch to return to the original the second time around, but I think it was pretty obvious she was not in tune at the beginning.
More than you think is fair or right

You may want to change your mind
You may wish you could turn back time.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to googoodoll For This Useful Post:
ieremiadis (14th February 2017), jeffmo789 (17th February 2017), Mortisha (14th February 2017), neko011 (14th February 2017), qp65 (14th February 2017)
Old 14th February 2017, 09:52
Seba.GM Seba.GM est déconnecté
old fan and collector

Thanked 1,379 Times in 434 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by googoodoll View Post
The video behind her was stunning and whoever put it together deserves a lot of praise. I loved that it was all about him, there were no shots of his various duets, which they could've gone overboard with to show how respected he was, it included shots from the Outside video with the disco bathroom and him dressed as a cop, it included the Fony headphones (with a Sony artist on stage), it was synced with the song being performed and it encompassed his entire career. Really, really impressive!
Kenny wrote on Instagram that David Austin was involved with production but a few minutes later he cancelled his thanks to David ...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Kenny.jpg (17.8 KB, 137 views)

If you are the desert
I'll be the sea
If you ever hunger
Hunger for me
Whatever you ask for
That's what I'll be
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Seba.GM For This Useful Post:
blink (14th February 2017), EmilyPost (14th February 2017), G.M.Freak (14th February 2017), googoodoll (14th February 2017), KojiTaku (14th February 2017), LYDIA (14th February 2017), pas1974 (14th February 2017), Sami (14th February 2017), Toto (14th February 2017), tropik-ana (14th February 2017), webmaster (14th February 2017)
Old 14th February 2017, 11:00
googoodoll googoodoll est déconnecté
Flawless

It was indeed David A.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/ne...edium=referral
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to googoodoll For This Useful Post:
blink (14th February 2017), EmilyPost (14th February 2017), FiRe (14th February 2017), ieremiadis (14th February 2017), KojiTaku (14th February 2017), pas1974 (14th February 2017), Toto (14th February 2017), tropik-ana (14th February 2017)
Old 14th February 2017, 13:18
EmilyPost EmilyPost est déconnecté
#######

Thanked 25,548 Times in 7,239 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seba.GM View Post
Kenny wrote on Instagram that David Austin was involved with production but a few minutes later he cancelled his thanks to David ...
Here is the link to Kenny Goss Instagram.I guess it is official although there is no certification that I can see.

https://www.instagram.com/kenny_goss/?hl=en

Last edited by EmilyPost; 14th February 2017 at 15:51..
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to EmilyPost For This Useful Post:
KojiTaku (14th February 2017), Seba.GM (14th February 2017), Toto (14th February 2017)
Old 14th February 2017, 14:25
Shooting Star Shooting Star est déconnecté
Young Gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.M.Freak View Post
I'm just waiting for the time I can listen and watch George videos without crying.I can listen to his music,but I still can't watch the videos for some reason . I know I will get there,but it's going to take some more time.
I am experiencing exactly the same thing. At first, I couldn't even listen to him, but meanwhile I love to hear his songs again. But watching him move about is just too painful, I cry my eyes out every time, can't even get through 3 songs at a time. So, just to let you know you are not alone and I too hope we will get there eventually
Old 14th February 2017, 14:39
webmaster webmaster est déconnecté
Gold
Space Invaders Champion, Breakout Champion, Ice Age 1 - Scrat Jump Champion, Queens Jewels Champion, Happy Tree Friends: Dynamite Champion, Happy Tree Friends: Lumpy Artist Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion

Thanked 74,542 Times in 16,596 Posts