George Michael Forums

Go Back   George Michael Forums > George Michael > News

Old 12th April 2017, 18:30
GMMegaFan GMMegaFan est déconnecté
Flawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamMan View Post
There's only 1 factor that matters in whether the material will be released.

And that's whether the estate owner wants it to be released. I don't know who the estate owner is/will be but it would be reasonable to assume it's George's sisters and possibly his father. It could be many more months before probate is completed and decisions can be made.

Their decision would come down to whether George would have wanted it released. I would imagine David Austin will be a big part of that yes/no decision and also in choosing which songs. It's irrelevant what they know about the business side of things.

Record companies, executives and producers needed to finish recordings/mixes (if David doesn't do it) will fall over themselves. There will be plenty of help available. That said I don't think they will release anything that isn't 100% finished already in George's own hand.

My best guess is we will see 1 new album of original material and then the door will be closed. I don't think they will want to spend the rest of their lives watching over this and turning it into a carnival of releases.

I think it will be very harsh on the fans and George's legacy if we see nothing. But if George had already issued an instruction it will be adhered to and it could well be no releases. Difficult one really. I shall expect nothing but hope for that 1 album. Maybe 12-18 months after his passing.
As Andrew Ridgeley tweeted : "No, #GM controlled all his output. I, nor anyone else have the right to transgress that principle."
One album of unreleased material lies in the vaults controlled by Andros they say as he was the top exec at GM owned Aegean Records. Andros would probably want to release it for the money, but nothing can be released unless GM signs off on it according to the contract.
For the same reason, I think the dance album he was working on wont come out. He would have made provisions in his will on who will get the royalties from his work ad infinitum. I suspect he would have left it to his fav charities. But I dont think he expected this to happen so suddenly and I doubt if he would have made any provisions for the release of his material.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GMMegaFan For This Useful Post:
Georgeforever (12th April 2017), neko011 (12th April 2017)
Old 12th April 2017, 18:38
Georgeforever Georgeforever est déconnecté
Flawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamMan View Post
There's only 1 factor that matters in whether the material will be released.
Thank you very much WhamMan. I am really interested in finding out what could happen with new releases in the future. Any posts that could enlighten us on this matter are very useful.
I'm thinking about the importance of listening to completely new songs; particularly the songs that George was working on in 2016!
I think that, at this stage, this is the main crucial issue for fans.
The Following User Says Thank You to Georgeforever For This Useful Post:
neko011 (12th April 2017)
Old 12th April 2017, 19:01
bettyblue bettyblue est déconnecté
Flawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgeforever View Post
Thank you, bettyblue. I appreciate your post and your suggestion.

I just think that if we discuss George's legacy and how it can be preserved and further appreciated from now on, then this refers to the future.

Therefore, this comes under the category "What happens next".

At least, this is how I see it.
(I don't know if I'm wrong...)

I do appreciate you suggestion, though; you have been an enthusiastic member, so all the best to you.
Well, this "what happens next" thread was created - in the News section - a few days after the Coroner report which had sealed the previous "what really happened" thread, as a sort of sequel to that one.
This specific one was actually meant by the webmasters, as I now gather, as being functional only to collect news about what was happening in the future, e.g. news about the funeral (at the time still a big question mark), the will, the houses, Fawaz, things like that.
Once George has finally been laid to rest I don't have any kind of interest anymore, not even remotely, in this kind of news e.g. his will, his houses, Fawaz etc., 'cause I feel (mere personal opinion) that's none of my business.
Ourselves exchanging creative ideas about how to preserve and enhance George's artistic legacy in the future is something much more appealing to me than talking about those "news" ... but we can't define that as "news" as well. In that the webmasters are perfectly right IMHO (although I surely enjoyed our bizarre free-flowing, forum rules-breaking chat quite a lot!).
Just my two cents on it.

Last edited by bettyblue; 12th April 2017 at 21:48..
Old 12th April 2017, 19:05
Sonya7 Sonya7 est déconnecté
Flawless

Old 12th April 2017, 19:10
Flawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettyblue View Post
This specific one was actually meant by the webmasters, as I now gather, as being funcional only to collect news about what was happening in the future, e.g. news about the funeral (at the time still a big question mark), the will, the houses, Fawaz, things like that.
If there is new music, it will be in the news. Simple as that.
I would rather not talk about this thread subject any more.
But, in any case, thank you for your reply - it is much appreciated.
Old 12th April 2017, 19:16
Flawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonya7 View Post
George Michael Donated A Ton Of Money During His Life, With One Catch – He Didn't Want Any Credit
maybe you can take another page from Michael's book and spread kindness and generosity.
source: http://www.celebritynetworth.com/art...t-want-credit/
This is a wonderful article about George!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Georgeforever For This Useful Post:
GMfan87' (12th April 2017), Sonya7 (12th April 2017)
Old 12th April 2017, 19:16
bettyblue bettyblue est déconnecté
Flawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgeforever View Post
If there is new music, it will be in the news. Simple as that.
I would rather not talk about this thread subject any more.
But, in any case, thank you for your reply - it is much appreciated.
Yes. Only actual new music is "news", not our (very stimulating and interesting, mind you) discussions on how and when - and IF - it will be released.
Therefore, until an actual release (upon which I'm personally very skeptical), all of that stimulating speculation shoud be the object, according to the forum rules we have been invited to respect, of the General Discussion section. Simple and harmless.
Old 12th April 2017, 19:22
Flawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettyblue View Post
Only actual new music is "news"
I disagree and I answered above. If there is news about his music, it will not be "actual" music, as you say, but it will be news. This argument can go on - but I would please ask you, one more time, if we could end it here. Once more, thank you.

Last edited by Georgeforever; 12th April 2017 at 19:34..
Old 12th April 2017, 19:58
Heidi1 Heidi1 est déconnecté
Star People

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMegaFan View Post
After being really down the last few days, that made me smile Sorry. "it wont be released often" GM ever the perfectionist spent years on his records. On a radio interview, I heard David Austin say he met a Sony exec on a flight to NY once. The guy asked him what GM was working on. David told him on the "December Song" which David co-wrote with GM. And the exec asked him how many years would it take for the song to be released. I am roughly paraphrasing here. Oh GM !! Loved him for all his quirks and imperfections as much as for his excellence
"December Song" along with "This is Not Real Love" are underrated gems that deserve a larger audience
On what CD is This Is Not Real Love on? I admit haven't heard of it!
The Following User Says Thank You to Heidi1 For This Useful Post:
GMMegaFan (13th April 2017)
Old 12th April 2017, 21:16
Sonya7 Sonya7 est déconnecté
Flawless

"This Is Not Real Love" is the second single from George Michael's greatest hits album Twenty Five. The single features Mutya Buena, the ex-Sugababe and was released on 6 November 2006.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sonya7 For This Useful Post:
GMMegaFan (12th April 2017)
Old 12th April 2017, 21:26
GMMegaFan GMMegaFan est déconnecté
Flawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi1 View Post
On what CD is This Is Not Real Love on? I admit haven't heard of it!
"This is not Real Love" is a duet between Mutya Buena (Sugababe group) and George Michael. It was released as a single in 2006 and it was I think on the Twenty Five album
It has simple but beautiful lyrics from GM and both their voices blend superbly. They did not even make a proper video because both Mutya and GM were busy. Just search for it in youtube. There is an official video and one live performance in London during the 25 Live tour (bad audio and video). Tell me what you think after you hear it. One of my favourite GM songs. And we should not talk about this on this thread. Need to go to the new thread
The Following User Says Thank You to GMMegaFan For This Useful Post:
Heidi1 (12th April 2017)
Old 12th April 2017, 21:36
GMfan87' GMfan87' est déconnecté
Flawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonya7 View Post
Heard him do this on you tube clip , Netaid concert , sounds like same version. Very good, thnx

Last edited by GMfan87'; 13th April 2017 at 01:59..
Old 12th April 2017, 23:41
LYDIA LYDIA est déconnecté
PreBoxRemix
Zookeeper Champion, Pipes Champion

Thanked 14,219 Times in 5,451 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMfan87' View Post
Oh out of curiosity where did some of the original posters go ? I read bunch of old posts after his passing and several of those seemed to fade away afterwards. Suppose they felt there was nothing left to say. Sadly many worries about him for quite a few years on here.
Hello, older member here. Most of us are all still here and there. Keep in mind what others have said, we've been here together a very long time so we have little left to say on the old topics that are suddenly new for so many of our newest members. So our silence just stems from that mostly.

During the early days of what came from christmas eve I believe most of the old members communicated via private messages etc....I know I received and sent many.
We've shared so much together over the years not just of GM but we've also seen forum friendships, marriages, divorces, babies, illness and deaths among other life things. This place provided many things for many of us with one special love in common which of course is GM. So what began as a forum to come and talk about GM became so many other things to many members.
What you are getting out of this place is common ground and safety which is a wonderful and different experience for any of us....it takes all of us to make this forum flow! The new, the old, the quiet and the loud!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by War View Post
...By the way if you take the time and look around you will see that we touched during the years. You would find so many interesting things, I am sure....
Warbabe is correct as usual! Use the search function or just expand a section, we can expand all the way to the beginning which is awesome! And yes, some old links are dead links and some photos are long gone but the information is still there. The lively and interesting discussions are all there and unless a thread is closed we can all still post away bringing life to old threads!

PhoenixDallasHouston
...nothing was further from my mind
than this moment with you...
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to LYDIA For This Useful Post:
betteb (13th April 2017), DeepBlueDee (13th April 2017), GMfan87' (13th April 2017), GMMegaFan (13th April 2017), GoodFairy (12th April 2017), lynzpie (13th April 2017), mare (13th April 2017), VigilanteMovie (13th April 2017), War (13th April 2017)
Old 13th April 2017, 00:21
GoodFairy GoodFairy est déconnecté
Star People

Quote:
Originally Posted by LYDIA View Post
Hello, older member here. Most of us are all still here and there. Keep in mind what others have said, we've been here together a very long time so we have little left to say on the old topics that are suddenly new for so many of our newest members. So our silence just stems from that mostly.

During the early days of what came from christmas eve I believe most of the old members communicated via private messages etc....I know I received and sent many.
We've shared so much together over the years not just of GM but we've also seen forum friendships, marriages, divorces, babies, illness and deaths among other life things. This place provided many things for many of us with one special love in common which of course is GM. So what began as a forum to come and talk about GM became so many other things to many members.
What you are getting out of this place is common ground and safety which is a wonderful and different experience for any of us....it takes all of us to make this forum flow! The new, the old, the quiet and the loud!!

Warbabe is correct as usual! Use the search function or just expand a section, we can expand all the way to the beginning which is awesome! And yes, some old links are dead links and some photos are long gone but the information is still there. The lively and interesting discussions are all there and unless a thread is closed we can all still post away bringing life to old threads!
Thanks a lot, really appreciate nice words like these as a newer member. What you say is quite right and, I suppose I can speak for all newer members, I guess with posting in one thread we had a feeling of a 'round table' where in one place we all could discuss everything connected with our dear GM.
Then there is another reason probably: the reality that people who are 40 or 50+ are maybe not very much (or not at all) used to forums (where to look, where to click, what's new, what' old etc.) and now this sudden situation with GM and our love for him brought us together.
I can say for myself that I did some research and found some extraordinary stuff. And as there is so much more to read, it gives me the reason for digging every day and I highly recommend it to all other newer members. It will bring some more tears but also joy.
I also have to admit I did some long lurking before I joined here, as I do have some odd sence of hostily for FB, Twitter and similar... So I was sceptical about a forum too. But this is something very, very different. I know it is a result of 'this and now' sad and tragic thing that happend in December with George and I imagine some of us can recuperate during the day only by reading other soulmates' feelings and sharing this huge pain with others in the way each of us only can.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to GoodFairy For This Useful Post:
GMfan87' (13th April 2017), GMMegaFan (13th April 2017), jas1970 (15th April 2017), LYDIA (13th April 2017), War (13th April 2017)
Old 13th April 2017, 00:49
WhamMan WhamMan est déconnecté

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMegaFan View Post
"This is not Real Love" is a duet between Mutya Buena (Sugababe group) and George Michael. It was released as a single in 2006 and it was I think on the Twenty Five album
It has simple but beautiful lyrics from GM and both their voices blend superbly. They did not even make a proper video because both Mutya and GM were busy. Just search for it in youtube. There is an official video and one live performance in London during the 25 Live tour (bad audio and video). Tell me what you think after you hear it. One of my favourite GM songs. And we should not talk about this on this thread. Need to go to the new thread
Superb and very-underated track. Probably the last piece of original old-school George he put out along with December Song.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to WhamMan For This Useful Post:
bettyblue (13th April 2017), Georgeforever (13th April 2017), GMMegaFan (13th April 2017), jas1970 (15th April 2017), Parklife (17th April 2017), Seba.GM (13th April 2017)