Flawless

The Following User Says Thank You to Sonya7 For This Useful Post:
GMMegaFan (15th April 2017)
Old 15th April 2017, 13:31
Christiane Christiane est déconnecté
Young Gun

Quote:
B A C K !

Last edited by Christiane; 15th April 2017 at 15:53..
Old 15th April 2017, 23:34
Sonya7 Sonya7 est déconnecté
Flawless

GEORGE'S RESTING PLACE George Michael’s grave is seen for the first time after protective screens are removed from the family plot

GEORGE Michael’s final resting place can be seen for the first time after a protective barrier was taken down.

But there was no sign of a headstone for the superstar among the fresh white flowers on the family plot in Highgate Cemetery, North London.

source: https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbi...e-family-plot/
Old 16th April 2017, 00:09
lynzpie lynzpie est déconnecté
Star People

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonya7 View Post
GEORGE'S RESTING PLACE George Michael’s grave is seen for the first time after protective screens are removed from the family plot

GEORGE Michael’s final resting place can be seen for the first time after a protective barrier was taken down.

But there was no sign of a headstone for the superstar among the fresh white flowers on the family plot in Highgate Cemetery, North London.

source: https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbi...e-family-plot/
Just saw his myself. It is a little strange perhaps that the plot looks untouched but there would be no headstone yet anyway usually due to both settling of the ground and also having a stone made and the time that takes. It had been reported that George was to be buried beside his mum but its difficult to tell whether that may be the case. If he was buried with her in the same plot then I would assume the stone slab would have been removed and left off for a time to allow the ground to settle properly. Then again maybe this cemetery does things differently.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lynzpie For This Useful Post:
GM40fansince'89 (16th April 2017), maheidi2002 (16th April 2017)
Old 16th April 2017, 13:00
Parklife Parklife est déconnecté
Flawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynzpie View Post
Just saw his myself. It is a little strange perhaps that the plot looks untouched but there would be no headstone yet anyway usually due to both settling of the ground and also having a stone made and the time that takes. It had been reported that George was to be buried beside his mum but its difficult to tell whether that may be the case. If he was buried with her in the same plot then I would assume the stone slab would have been removed and left off for a time to allow the ground to settle properly. Then again maybe this cemetery does things differently.
I'm not sure if there is an inscription on the headstone itself. I think there is a separate stone laid flat on the ground from what I can see. So it's possible that an inscription has been added to that. I wouldn't be surprised if there is no seperate headstone and he is with his mum rather than alongside. It's not unusual to do that. If so I think it's fitting - simple and beautiful.... and probably just what he wanted. No fuss!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Parklife For This Useful Post:
GM40fansince'89 (16th April 2017), GMthx (18th April 2017), lynzpie (16th April 2017), Pippy (20th April 2017)
Old 16th April 2017, 13:58
GMMegaFan GMMegaFan est actuellement connecté
Flawless

Thanked 1,691 Times in 519 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parklife View Post
I'm not sure if there is an inscription on the headstone itself. I think there is a separate stone laid flat on the ground from what I can see. So it's possible that an inscription has been added to that. I wouldn't be surprised if there is no seperate headstone and he is with his mum rather than alongside. It's not unusual to do that. If so I think it's fitting - simple and beautiful.... and probably just what he wanted. No fuss!
I feel bad asking about this. This photograph looks like the photo before the burial with the yellow flowers around, now with white flowers. Will they bury GM in the same spot as his mother? I thought they would bury him next to her
The Following User Says Thank You to GMMegaFan For This Useful Post:
GMthx (18th April 2017)
Old 16th April 2017, 15:21
GMthx GMthx est déconnecté
Flawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMegaFan View Post
This looks more like Yioda than Melanie. Melanie had darker, longer hair and was more heavy. She was staying at the Highgate house I think. Some English fans who went to the house late in the night to pay homage on the day of the funeral said they thought they saw Melanie at a window that night.

But then who knows? Full marks to the sisters for keeping themselves away from the spotlight so effectively
Go back to pages in the mid to high eighties of this thread. Or at least the dates of the funeral and a few days after. It was discussed in great detail by many. Conclusion - not Melanie. Other pictures linked are more likely her. No one knows about Yioda because she has not been seen since almost the early 80's. Honestly though go back On the thread as this is not new news.
Old 16th April 2017, 19:07
jlb jlb est déconnecté
Star People

Default Agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamMan View Post
There's only 1 factor that matters in whether the material will be released.

And that's whether the estate owner wants it to be released. I don't know who the estate owner is/will be but it would be reasonable to assume it's George's sisters and possibly his father. It could be many more months before probate is completed and decisions can be made.

Their decision would come down to whether George would have wanted it released. I would imagine David Austin will be a big part of that yes/no decision and also in choosing which songs. It's irrelevant what they know about the business side of things.

Record companies, executives and producers needed to finish recordings/mixes (if David doesn't do it) will fall over themselves. There will be plenty of help available. That said I don't think they will release anything that isn't 100% finished already in George's own hand.

My best guess is we will see 1 new album of original material and then the door will be closed. I don't think they will want to spend the rest of their lives watching over this and turning it into a carnival of releases.

I think it will be very harsh on the fans and George's legacy if we see nothing. But if George had already issued an instruction it will be adhered to and it could well be no releases. Difficult one really. I shall expect nothing but hope for that 1 album. Maybe 12-18 months after his passing.

I agree with this totally. GM would never want a 20 year late version of Trojan Souls etc. If there is to be anything, it will be his recent work and I think there just might be one full new album. I think legally it will be the family that get to decide. However, I think David Austin will ultimately be the one that makes it fly or not as I believe the family will trust his judgement. If David feels GM was satisfied that the tracks were mostly complete, I believe and hope he will agree that they should be released. If David believes GM wouldn't want them releasing then, I think that will be it. They should call it "Finally - George Michael" (a play on finale and The Final)
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jlb For This Useful Post:
GMfan87' (17th April 2017), KDM (18th April 2017), Nanabug (17th April 2017), neko011 (16th April 2017)
Old 16th April 2017, 19:51
splitch splitch est déconnecté

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlb View Post
I agree with this totally. GM would never want a 20 year late version of Trojan Souls etc. If there is to be anything, it will be his recent work and I think there just might be one full new album. I think legally it will be the family that get to decide. However, I think David Austin will ultimately be the one that makes it fly or not as I believe the family will trust his judgement. If David feels GM was satisfied that the tracks were mostly complete, I believe and hope he will agree that they should be released. If David believes GM wouldn't want them releasing then, I think that will be it. They should call it "Finally - George Michael" (a play on finale and The Final)
Sorry but i hope u are wrong , because George knew how muche we want his music, i believe we could have some extras from the LWP vol 2 like a The Cover to Cover DVD and new Symphonica album( some songs were recorded like russian roulette , patience , older, this kind of love where i hope u are etc...) the gay album supposed be out in 2012 and the last songs he wrote between 2014 and 2016.it 's a dream but not impossible. Hope
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to splitch For This Useful Post:
neko011 (18th April 2017), SirLala (16th April 2017)
Old 16th April 2017, 19:53
SirLala SirLala est déconnecté
Flawless

Boo... I say release them, How bad could they be honestly? I wouldn't seeing Vol. 2 and Trojan Souls be released, George wouldn't want this to upset his fans.
Old 16th April 2017, 19:59
SirLala SirLala est déconnecté
Flawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by splitch View Post
Sorry but i hope u are wrong , because George knew how muche we want his music, i believe we could have some extras from the LWP vol 2 like a The Cover to Cover DVD and new Symphonica album( some songs were recorded like russian roulette , patience , older, this kind of love where i hope u are etc...) the gay album supposed be out in 2012 and the last songs he wrote between 2014 and 2016.it 's a dream but not impossible. Hope
Please, let THAT be released, I would get my ever lasting LIFE with that one...
The Following User Says Thank You to SirLala For This Useful Post:
neko011 (18th April 2017)
Old 17th April 2017, 00:54
splitch splitch est déconnecté

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirLala View Post
Please, let THAT be released, I would get my ever lasting LIFE with that one...
I cant believe that new songs won't be released , as i see Robbie williams told he has got over 500 new songs in his vault..
We know george recorded lot of songs when he worked, i hope David austin or his family will deliver the songs... Hope ,Hope ,Hope....
The Following User Says Thank You to splitch For This Useful Post:
neko011 (18th April 2017)
Old 17th April 2017, 04:52
snoopy snoopy est déconnecté

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMegaFan View Post
I feel bad asking about this. This photograph looks like the photo before the burial with the yellow flowers around, now with white flowers. Will they bury GM in the same spot as his mother? I thought they would bury him next to her
The headstone marks his mothers grave. I think he was buried next to her (to the right from our point of view) and they placed 3 pots of flowers on top of his grave. If you look closely, it looks like the ground is slightly raised in the area where I think he is buried. Someone told me that you have to wait at least 6 months for the ground to settle before a stone can be placed.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to snoopy For This Useful Post:
GMfan87' (17th April 2017), Ibiza76 (17th April 2017)
Old 17th April 2017, 05:11
LTS LTS est déconnecté
Star People

Tonight in the U.S., CBS aired a special tribute to the Bee Gees. I thought it was really good. Whomever was in charge of that show should do a tribute show for George Michael. Did anybody else in the U.S. watch it?
The Following User Says Thank You to LTS For This Useful Post:
GMfan87' (17th April 2017)
Old 17th April 2017, 08:39
GMMegaFan GMMegaFan est actuellement connecté
Flawless

Thanked 1,691 Times in 519 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopy View Post
The headstone marks his mothers grave. I think he was buried next to her (to the right from our point of view) and they placed 3 pots of flowers on top of his grave. If you look closely, it looks like the ground is slightly raised in the area where I think he is buried. Someone told me that you have to wait at least 6 months for the ground to settle before a stone can be placed.
Thanks for that. Being a non-Christian I do not know how things are done, so I was totally puzzled. I posted the 2 pictures. Breaks my heart

Last edited by EmilyPost; 17th April 2017 at 13:20.. Reason: Unsourced likely copyrighted images
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GMMegaFan For This Useful Post:
GMfan87' (17th April 2017), Katra (17th April 2017), TrojanSoul (17th April 2017)