George Michael Forums

Go Back   George Michael Forums > George Michael > News

Old 21st April 2017, 22:03
EmilyPost EmilyPost est déconnecté
#######

Thanked 25,863 Times in 7,342 Posts

It seems to be a rebuttal to the tabloid articles by a fan or someone unofficial. I do not see any new sources or official statements.
Old 21st April 2017, 22:18
ladyjayne ladyjayne est actuellement connecté
Flawless

Thanked 1,974 Times in 576 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilyPost View Post
It seems to be a rebuttal to the tabloid articles by a fan or someone unofficial. I do not see any new sources or official statements.
No but the editing is slick and the copy is quite professional. Plainly American from the spelling. It seems too sophisticated for a fan. I think someone has been paid to do this.
Old 21st April 2017, 22:23
#######

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyjayne View Post
No but the editing is slick and the copy is quite professional. Plainly American from the spelling. It seems too sophisticated for a fan. I think someone has been paid to do this.
Someone should be able to find out who owns the website.
Old 22nd April 2017, 02:22
Angelfish Angelfish est déconnecté
Flawless

The person who did it did it without being asked and is not paid or hired, they just happen to be very disturbed by the treatment Fadi has received and decided to make that website.

They waited to post it until Fadi gave them his 'ok'.

Someone can have professional abilities and be a fan as well..
Old 22nd April 2017, 02:41
Flawless

Last edited by Angelfish; 24th April 2017 at 17:52..
Old 22nd April 2017, 03:25
#######

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelfish View Post
The person who did it did it without being asked and is not paid or hired, they just happen to be very disturbed by the treatment Fadi has received and decided to make that website.

They waited to post it until Fadi gave them his 'ok'.

Someone can have professional abilities and be a fan as well..
Is there some reason this person is not identified on the site? It is well done and professional looking. No need to be anonymous and mysterious.
Old 22nd April 2017, 05:49
Flawless

Last edited by Angelfish; 24th April 2017 at 17:52..
Old 22nd April 2017, 09:03
SirLala SirLala est déconnecté
Flawless

So much drama....
Old 22nd April 2017, 10:32
GMMegaFan GMMegaFan est actuellement connecté
Flawless

Thanked 1,691 Times in 519 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirLala View Post
So much drama....
Fadi will find out that the only reason people were interested in him was because of George Michael. I think some misguided people on social media took out their anger and frustrations about GMs death on this guy. FF didnt help it by his immature behaviour and tweets bordering on stupidity. Equally misguided I think is the fan club that has come up around him on social media.

After the funeral, fans have started moving on from all the drama and just focusing on enjoying GMs music. The tabloids will follow him around for a little while to see if they can dig up some scurrilous stories via him. Then they will move on to. FF looks like he likes the attention too much. Well he wont get much of it very soon.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GMMegaFan For This Useful Post:
GMfan87' (22nd April 2017), KDM (23rd April 2017), keren_be (23rd April 2017), ladyjayne (22nd April 2017)
Old 22nd April 2017, 12:21
Flawless

I try to frame my appraisal of Fadi in logic, but there is something fundamentally creepy and troubling about his conduct. This latest website is bizarre - just re-cycling the same self-serving tweets. Yes, the media mis report and distort but none of the questions about his own behaviour are answered. Probably sensible for him not to try but what is he hoping to achieve by this endless self-promotion.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ladyjayne For This Useful Post:
DeepBlueDee (23rd April 2017), GMfan87' (22nd April 2017), KDM (23rd April 2017), keren_be (23rd April 2017), Mortisha (7th May 2017), Toto (22nd April 2017)
Old 22nd April 2017, 13:33
GMMegaFan GMMegaFan est actuellement connecté
Flawless

Thanked 1,691 Times in 519 Posts

Quote:
I try to frame my appraisal of Fadi in logic, but there is something fundamentally creepy and troubling about his conduct. This latest website is bizarre - just re-cycling the same self-serving tweets. Yes, the media mis report and distort but none of the questions about his own behaviour are answered. Probably sensible for him not to try but what is he hoping to achieve by this endless self-promotion.
I think there is a great deal of self-interest involved here. To put it in rather crude terms, if he can monetise the relationship he had with GM, he will be set for life. What great career prospects does he really have? I am sure GM who can be generous to a fault would have provided for him. But he wants more. If he overplays his hand, he will only harm his prospects. But he does not appear to be a very intelligent or well-advised guy.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to GMMegaFan For This Useful Post:
DeepBlueDee (23rd April 2017), GMfan87' (22nd April 2017), KDM (23rd April 2017), ladyjayne (22nd April 2017), Mortisha (7th May 2017)
Old 22nd April 2017, 17:11
Flawless

Last edited by Angelfish; 24th April 2017 at 17:54..
Old 22nd April 2017, 17:18
Flawless

Quote:
Fadi was obviously very upset about being lied about in the press. Why is it bizarre that someone tried to help out by making a clear and fact based site, (which isn't intended to be only about Fadi in the long run) to try and help him out? In trying to defend himself against the press it was just getting messier... maybe it'll help him deal with it better and give people who may be confused about some of the facts easy access to what's been going on.
Old 22nd April 2017, 18:51
Flawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelfish View Post
Fadi was obviously very upset about being lied about in the press. Why is it bizarre that someone tried to help out by making a clear and fact based site, (which isn't intended to be only about Fadi in the long run) to try and help him out? In trying to defend himself against the press it was just getting messier... maybe it'll help him deal with it better and give people who may be confused about some of the facts easy access to what's been going on.
I can well understand anyone being upset if they are lied about in the press. There is a perfectly simple solution for the person concerned - complain and ask for a retraction and if one is not forthcoming take the matter through press complaints procedure. Andrew Ridgeley is the perfect example - he did so in relation to the story that he had refused to do a reading at the funeral and there was an apology and retraction in the Mail the following day. To date, it appears Fawaz has not chosen to pursue that obvious (and free - unlike legal action) remedy.
If this website is nothing to do with him and has been set up without his encouragement or involvement then it's certainly not his fault that it looks like a crass attempt at media manipulation and it is unfortunate that, while it is slickly presented, it carefully omits to give any clue as to who is running it and for what purpose. To me, it largely does not read as a 'fact-based' site; it simply re-cyles old stories and Fawaz' responses, with the author's own polemic, frequently relying on other people's tweets or articles from the very media outlets being criticised. as' proof ', when they are no such thing
For the record, i believe that many of the stories printed about Fawaz are speculative/exaggerated and possibly untrue. For e.g. I am quite prepared he was invited to the funeral and arrived in a pre-ordered limo not a taxi (although the video on the website doesn't clearly show him, just that the Daily Star says it was him!). But other stories have the ring of truth and this site does nothing to help him prove the opposite if he wishes to. IMO, of course.

Last edited by ladyjayne; 22nd April 2017 at 19:57..
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ladyjayne For This Useful Post:
GMfan87' (22nd April 2017), keren_be (23rd April 2017), Toto (23rd April 2017)
Old 22nd April 2017, 19:40
GMfan87' GMfan87' est déconnecté
Flawless

Thanked 1,133 Times in 580 Posts

To me I was hopeful we had heard the last of Fawaz after the funeral . I truly don't understand why he's a topic or a person who inspires such sympathy from some fans . If he really cared for George ( which nothing in his behavior indicates that to me ) then I'm sorry he had to find him and for his loss , that's the end of it .
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GMfan87' For This Useful Post:
KDM (23rd April 2017), ladyjayne (22nd April 2017), Toto (23rd April 2017)