George Michael Forums

Go Back   George Michael Forums > George Michael > News

Old 23rd April 2017, 07:38
SirLala SirLala est actuellement connecté
Flawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMegaFan View Post
GM has devoted fans all around the world including the USA and he knew it. Good to hear college kids are listening to him. In my experience, the younger lot know very little about him.
The way younger generation around 13 to 16, Really don't know who George Michael and Janet Jackson are, But I surprised kids around my age group (20 to 26) know who George Michael and name at least four to five songs, but its nice know he wasn't completely forgotten in America.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SirLala For This Useful Post:
GMfan87' (23rd April 2017), GMMegaFan (23rd April 2017)
Old 23rd April 2017, 07:44
GMMegaFan GMMegaFan est déconnecté
Flawless

Thanked 1,222 Times in 386 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMfan87' View Post
I think at the time it was all too fresh for me and I have been unable to view it again since . I will try again , I understand she took a song that she started being a fan because of . The lyrics , too are actually sad in many ways , it reminded me too much of his downfall. As for Martin , I liked that tribute. It was very moving to see his old Wham! pals especially Andrew paying tribute and Martin was appropriate as I heard GM was a Coldplay fan. Of course his voice isn't a very good one and A Different Corner is a tough one to cover but all in all well done . Didn't you love the end , how they blended their voices ? Touching . Chris Martin looked like he was tearing up .
I have listened to those tributes many times since then. The Brit Awards tribute was beautiful and still makes me tear up. David Austin did a great job on both tributes.
Old 23rd April 2017, 07:52
SirLala SirLala est actuellement connecté
Flawless

Quote:
I have listened to those tributes many times since then. The Brit Awards tribute was beautiful and still makes me tear up. David Austin did a great job on both tributes.
I'm sorry but Chris Martin was just tragic, The vocals, the set up and even the song was just NOOO...

God awful tribute...
The Following User Says Thank You to SirLala For This Useful Post:
Natou (23rd April 2017)
Old 23rd April 2017, 10:28
Flawless

Default GM tribute

I wanted to post a link to this tribute because it is a good one and the cheeky headline taken from Saturday Night Live made me smile :
http://www.savingcountrymusic.com/ge...utlive-us-all/

A link to that SNL skit about his butt which George Michael himself referred to when he received the MTV award from Madonna who introduced him as "the diva himself" GM: "Thanks to Saturday Night Live for giving my rearend the celebrity it deserves" Back in the day, how famous was GMs butt
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MI2Kl8hpuY
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GMMegaFan For This Useful Post:
bettyblue (23rd April 2017), Toto (23rd April 2017), VigilanteMovie (23rd April 2017)
Old 23rd April 2017, 10:33
ladyjayne ladyjayne est déconnecté
Flawless

Thanked 1,154 Times in 352 Posts

Quote:
When I first heard Adele's almost funeral song like version of Fast Love, I didnt like it. But since then, I have come to like the kind of melancholic effect the song has. Same with Chris Martin's Different Corner. Listening to it live, like everybody else was tweeting, I thought why is he murdering this beautiful song. But later I kind of like his rough singing of the song as compared to GMs highly nuanced, smooth singing. The respect both of them had for GM really came through.
I thought Chris Martin's rendition was perfect for a tribute - raw and emotional. I know a lot of people hated it and the fact he was off key at points but I found it deeply moving when George 'joined in' and seemed to pull Martin into key. People forget how tricky some of GM's songs are to sing and how technically gifted George was - his pitch was always perfect, even when he had a cold or was nervous. Given this was tribute, it was fitting it was all about showing how good George was and how much we will miss him. I also loved the video montage and thought it was the perfect mix of public and personal - George cupping his ear for applause at the end and Prince wishing him 'Peace' reduced me to tears again after I had just recovered after Andrew and the girls!
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to ladyjayne For This Useful Post:
betteb (23rd April 2017), bettyblue (23rd April 2017), DeepBlueDee (24th April 2017), Georgeforever (23rd April 2017), GMfan87' (23rd April 2017), GMMegaFan (23rd April 2017), GMthx (25th April 2017), GreekGirl (23rd April 2017), Ibiza76 (23rd April 2017), jas1970 (25th April 2017), Katra (23rd April 2017), Nanabug (23rd April 2017), Toto (23rd April 2017), Verena (23rd April 2017), Whamtastic (24th April 2017), xfreader (24th April 2017)
Old 23rd April 2017, 10:39
ladyjayne ladyjayne est déconnecté
Flawless

Thanked 1,154 Times in 352 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirLala View Post
I'm sorry but Chris Martin was just tragic, The vocals, the set up and even the song was just NOOO...

God awful tribute...
The song is rumoured to be one of George's favourite creations so appropriate in that sense.
The Following User Says Thank You to ladyjayne For This Useful Post:
Georgeforever (23rd April 2017)
Old 23rd April 2017, 11:03
Verena Verena est déconnecté
Flawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirLala View Post

God awful tribute...
Imo Chris Martin doesnt have the best voice, but i found his tribute very touching and honest
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Verena For This Useful Post:
Aimee (23rd April 2017), bettyblue (23rd April 2017), Georgeforever (23rd April 2017), GMfan87' (23rd April 2017), GMthx (23rd April 2017), lynzpie (26th April 2017), xfreader (24th April 2017)
Old 23rd April 2017, 13:41
Sonya7 Sonya7 est déconnecté
Flawless

Adele tribute has it's own thread go discuss there please! I don't want to read pages about Adele in every thread. this is not Adele fansite or fan forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMfan87' View Post
So glad though it was not Beyoncé ( makes everything about her , overexposed )
Just like what Adele did even the tribute was about her. she is the definition of overexposed.

Old 23rd April 2017, 14:35
EmilyPost EmilyPost est déconnecté
#######

Thanked 25,797 Times in 7,317 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyjayne View Post
I can well understand anyone being upset if they are lied about in the press. There is a perfectly simple solution for the person concerned - complain and ask for a retraction and if one is not forthcoming take the matter through press complaints procedure. Andrew Ridgeley is the perfect example - he did so in relation to the story that he had refused to do a reading at the funeral and there was an apology and retraction in the Mail the following day. To date, it appears Fawaz has not chosen to pursue that obvious (and free - unlike legal action) remedy.
If this website is nothing to do with him and has been set up without his encouragement or involvement then it's certainly not his fault that it looks like a crass attempt at media manipulation and it is unfortunate that, while it is slickly presented, it carefully omits to give any clue as to who is running it and for what purpose. To me, it largely does not read as a 'fact-based' site; it simply re-cyles old stories and Fawaz' responses, with the author's own polemic, frequently relying on other people's tweets or articles from the very media outlets being criticised. as' proof ', when they are no such thing
For the record, i believe that many of the stories printed about Fawaz are speculative/exaggerated and possibly untrue. For e.g. I am quite prepared he was invited to the funeral and arrived in a pre-ordered limo not a taxi (although the video on the website doesn't clearly show him, just that the Daily Star says it was him!). But other stories have the ring of truth and this site does nothing to help him prove the opposite if he wishes to. IMO, of course.
So cryptic

https://mobile.twitter.com/IntelliGo...88095387742210

Old 23rd April 2017, 15:04
Flawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonya7 View Post
Rather than simply tweeting out the snap, Fadi decided to update his cover photo with the NSFW reveal.
Making sure his fans didn't miss the X-rated update, the 40-year-old wrote: "I forgot to mention the cover picture is a self portrait of myself by me."
He deleted the offensive tweets over a period of time and went quiet. FF cant help himself can he.
Attention-Seeking, Self-Promotion, Classless , Loose Cannon all come to mind. What does he hope to achieve with all this ? I dont understand why GM fans engage with him. Best to ignore him and freeze him out.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GMMegaFan For This Useful Post:
DeepBlueDee (24th April 2017), GMfan87' (23rd April 2017), Ibiza76 (23rd April 2017), Toto (23rd April 2017)
Old 23rd April 2017, 15:15
GMfan87' GMfan87' est déconnecté
Flawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonya7 View Post
Adele tribute has it's own thread go discuss there please! I don't want to read pages about Adele in every thread. this is not Adele fansite or fan forum.

Just like what Adele did even the tribute was about her. she is the definition of overexposed.

http://www.georgemichaelforums.com/s...t=546&page=157

http://www.georgemichaelforums.com/s...t=546&page=157

Ok , relax , it wasn't much so you can choose to ignore just like I will about FF who has nothing to do with what happens next incidentally . There can be a thread to complain about or support him .
The Following User Says Thank You to GMfan87' For This Useful Post:
SirLala (23rd April 2017)
Old 23rd April 2017, 16:33
Gia James Gia James est déconnecté
Star People

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilyPost View Post
Is there some reason this person is not identified on the site? It is well done and professional looking. No need to be anonymous and mysterious.

If you click on the link to the article in the picture of Fadi and George, and then scroll to the bottom of the page, it identifies the author as Isabel Isidro and it gives a little synopsis of who she is.
Old 23rd April 2017, 16:48
Flawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gia James View Post
If you click on the link to the article in the picture of Fadi and George, and then scroll to the bottom of the page, it identifies the author as Isabel Isidro and it gives a little synopsis of who she is.
Isabel Isidro is the name on the website and her company https://www.powerhomebiz.com/ is the owner of the domain name www.intelligentgossip.com
Old 23rd April 2017, 16:50
EmilyPost EmilyPost est déconnecté
#######

Thanked 25,797 Times in 7,317 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gia James View Post
Found it...thanks.

Quote:
Isabel Isidro is a writer based in the Washington D.C. area. She mostly writes about business and entrepreneurship, but loves to occasionally indulge herself in celebrity gossip.
Old 23rd April 2017, 17:17
VigilanteMovie VigilanteMovie est déconnecté
Flawless

Quote:
I really hope the family agrees to this. When in the other threads, some of us posted about the family being a little bit more considerate about the fans, some posters were saying the family does not owe anything to the fans etc.

I was astonished when Adele said initially the family and management did not want to have the Grammy tribute. Beyonce and Rihanna wanted to sing, but then they said it could go ahead only if Adele sang. Why?? What greater platform to highlight his career and reach a global audience of people esp. the younger generation. Imagine if Adele-Rihanna-Beyonce, the reigning pop queens, had sung a medley of GM songs. It shows a lack of vision on the part of the family and mgmt.

Fans are not asking for anything other than the family doing a lot more to see that GMs memory is honoured and long term his musical legacy is preserved.
I think the tribute concert will go ahead as I can't see why the family would be against it. I'm still in two minds about the Grammy tribute. While Adele's version of Fastlove was interesting, poignant and well-received, I also think a medley of his hits would have reminded the global audience of the massive impact he had and earned more attention from young viewers, especially if Beyonce and Rihanna were involved as well as Adele.

Having said that last bit, has Rihanna ever made any acknowledgement of George's music? Maybe a male voice instead of hers, preferably someone who was a fan, would have been good. But the Adele performance worked well alongside the montage.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to VigilanteMovie For This Useful Post:
GMfan87' (23rd April 2017), GMMegaFan (23rd April 2017), SirLala (23rd April 2017)