George Michael Forums

Go Back   George Michael Forums > George Michael > News

Old 23rd April 2017, 17:25
GMMegaFan GMMegaFan est actuellement connecté
Flawless

Thanked 1,691 Times in 519 Posts

Maybe that website defending FF has come up because of this highly misguided change.org petition that a George Michael fan has started and is doing the rounds on Twitter:
https://www.change.org/p/george-mich...-no_src-no_msg
Cannot these people apply some modicum of intelligence to their reasoning? After the prolonged police and coroner investigation, if there was any question of foul play, would not the cops have investigated it?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GMMegaFan For This Useful Post:
Katra (23rd April 2017), Verena (23rd April 2017)
Old 23rd April 2017, 17:32
GMfan87' GMfan87' est déconnecté
Flawless

Thanked 1,133 Times in 580 Posts

I'm sure they did investigate it but as we know without evidence you can't proceed . There are questions unanswered but doesn't necessarily mean foul play , I for the most part don't believe there was . ( I really questioned it for a while ) Yes I feel bad for the family , too in so many ways. Who knows how many years they felt powerless to help George ? I think I posted in Remembering thread how if I was them music releases and things of that nature would not be on my mind till everything was settled .
Old 23rd April 2017, 17:35
Flawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by VigilanteMovie View Post
I think the tribute concert will go ahead as I can't see why the family would be against it. I'm still in two minds about the Grammy tribute. While Adele's version of Fastlove was interesting, poignant and well-received, I also think a medley of his hits would have reminded the global audience of the massive impact he had and earned more attention from young viewers, especially if Beyonce and Rihanna were involved as well as Adele.

Having said that last bit, has Rihanna ever made any acknowledgement of George's music? Maybe a male voice instead of hers, preferably someone who was a fan, would have been good. But the Adele performance worked well alongside the montage.
Or just a montage of him singing , do we really need anyone's take on his songs ?!
Old 23rd April 2017, 18:34
Katra Katra est déconnecté
Flawless

I dont need.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Katra For This Useful Post:
GMfan87' (23rd April 2017), Verena (23rd April 2017)
Old 23rd April 2017, 18:46
Ibiza76 Ibiza76 est déconnecté
Star People

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMfan87' View Post
Hope so , too and your charity ideas are good ones. Wonder why Oct.? That is the month of LWP rerelease supposedly now .. Why not something for his birthday ?
That's too soon. A lot of performers are touring as well in June- Adele, Robbie Williams, Coldplay, Ed Sheeran, Adam Lambert with Queen etc.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ibiza76 For This Useful Post:
GMfan87' (23rd April 2017), SirLala (23rd April 2017)
Old 23rd April 2017, 19:00
Guinness Guinness est déconnecté
Star People

Somehow, I think we've all missed the window for a "formal" musical tribute concert before Georges farewell due to the months of uncertainty. Now George is laid to rest, I think it is not OK to do this.

In the Netherlands, we had great tributes for George's life. Concerning a "formal" tribute, I think this has already been made by Andrew, Pepsi and Shirley at the Brits. Words expressed by them were so close as Georges music. So warming. They were so close to George that only they could have done this best I think. After the farewell, I think things need to be left alone for all people to give his farewell a place. This is respectful. At least, that's what I think.

xxxxx Guinness
The Following User Says Thank You to Guinness For This Useful Post:
bettyblue (23rd April 2017)
Old 23rd April 2017, 21:56
Ibiza76 Ibiza76 est déconnecté
Star People

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinness View Post
Somehow, I think we've all missed the window for a "formal" musical tribute concert before Georges farewell due to the months of uncertainty. Now George is laid to rest, I think it is not OK to do this.

In the Netherlands, we had great tributes for George's life. Concerning a "formal" tribute, I think this has already been made by Andrew, Pepsi and Shirley at the Brits. Words expressed by them were so close as Georges music. So warming. They were so close to George that only they could have done this best I think. After the farewell, I think things need to be left alone for all people to give his farewell a place. This is respectful. At least, that's what I think.

xxxxx Guinness
I completely disagree...loads of people want a proper tribute. We want to be able to celebrate his life with artists performing his songs, just like the Freddie Mercury concert held exactly 25 years ago. I'm fed up with all these people moaning saying nobody can sing George's songs like him...I used to think that about Freddie until I saw "Somebody to Love".
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ibiza76 For This Useful Post:
heights91 (14th June 2017), SirLala (23rd April 2017), thebridge (25th April 2017)
Old 23rd April 2017, 22:30
SirLala SirLala est déconnecté
Flawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibiza76 View Post
I completely disagree...loads of people want a proper tribute. We want to be able to celebrate his life with artists performing his songs, just like the Freddie Mercury concert held exactly 25 years ago. I'm fed up with all these people moaning saying nobody can sing George's songs like him...I used to think that about Freddie until I saw "Somebody to Love".
This.

And lets not forget, MJ, Prince and Bowie were getting endless tributes before and after they were all laid to rest, George should be honored the same way.
Old 24th April 2017, 00:54
Flawless

True he should have a proper tribute but GEORGE did "Somebody to Love " , is there anyone else out there that can pull off George's songs as well? Either way i'll enjoy watching his music being celebrated.
Old 24th April 2017, 04:25
GMMegaFan GMMegaFan est actuellement connecté
Flawless

Thanked 1,691 Times in 519 Posts
Default Tribute concert

Freddie died on Nov 24, 1991. The concert was held on April 20, 1992. It was held 5 months later approx. Even though it has been 4 months since George Michael passed away, the funeral took place less than a month ago. These concerts take a lot of time and logistics to organize. Should it be a smaller affair held at the Royal Albert Hall or a big one at say the Wembley Stadium or Earls Court (venue of GMs last concert)?

Also I think there are some great singers out there especially of the older generation who can be part of this concert. One would think of the older generation Stevie Wonder, Mariah Carey, Lionel Richie, KD Lang, Elton John, Sting. Lisa Stansfield, Bob Geldof, Bono, Duran Duran, Boy George, Annie Lennox, Mutya Buena, Toby Burke and others would come. Of the younger lot Adele, Chris Martin, Robbie Williams, Gary Barlow, Sam Smith, Ed Sheeran, Bruno Mars, Lily Allen. Katy Perry, Carrie Underwood ??

Back in the day did anybody think GM would be the star of the Freddie Mercury Tribute Concert? A few singers could surprise us. If reports are to be believed, Dame Esther Rantzen(Childline) has been talking about this Tribute Concert without first talking to the family? I would think the family would not like one person or organization to do this. If there is going to be a tribute concert they would want to be the main people making the plans and deciding which charities should benefit. I think that is fair.

Last edited by GMMegaFan; 24th April 2017 at 04:40..
The Following User Says Thank You to GMMegaFan For This Useful Post:
heights91 (14th June 2017)
Old 24th April 2017, 05:07
Angelfish Angelfish est déconnecté
Flawless

http://gooodmedic.com/hiv/george-mic...-vernal-scott/

Against All Gods (aka God’s Other Children): A London Memoir. The book includes scores of previously unpublished photos from events funded by George. In the wake of George’s passing, Vernal is reminded of a poignant line from his book, which reads: “In all of its apparent destructive finality, death is incapable of destroying love”.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Angelfish For This Useful Post:
VigilanteMovie (24th April 2017), Whamtastic (24th April 2017)
Old 24th April 2017, 06:31
LTS LTS est déconnecté
Star People

art exhibit tribute .. brought to us by Fadi ..
https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbi...e-late-singer/
Old 24th April 2017, 09:10
Angelfish Angelfish est déconnecté
Flawless

Last edited by Angelfish; 24th April 2017 at 17:56..
Old 24th April 2017, 12:23
SirLala SirLala est déconnecté
Flawless

I just love the people on this site, they complain about Fadi yet... certain members keep bringing him up therefore maintaining the attention back to him, Stop feeding the troll if you have a problem with him, The utter comedy every time someone brings him up than trash talks him.
The Following User Says Thank You to SirLala For This Useful Post:
Verena (24th April 2017)
Old 24th April 2017, 14:45
Flawless

Yes best to ignore him but some recent posts are from some who have shown sympathy towards Fawaz. Everyone is entitled to their opinion , let's keep the peace , but why does that belong on " what happens next.."? Separate thread for him those for him or against can visit . At this point there isn't much left for this thread Property, will .. Any new info in articles about George, tribute talk. Tribute should probably have own thread in music .