George Michael Forums

Go Back   George Michael Forums > George Michael > News

Old 19th May 2017, 15:00
bettyblue bettyblue est déconnecté
Flawless

Thanked 1,949 Times in 648 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyjayne View Post
Steve Pafford wrote about their first 'non-professional' meeting and telling GM about Fadi this year. You could say this was yet another 'kiss and tell', although I doubt he got paid much for it by DNA, but to me it reads as a much more affectionate and I hope accurate portrait than Kenny's effort. I doubt GM would have minded at all about this one.

https://www.pressreader.com/australi...81586650341834
Yes, it had been posted here a couple of months ago. [EDIT: Same article here, too: http://stevepafford.com/i-want-sex-r...eorge-michael/]
I tend to agree with you about the "more affectionate" quality, all in all, of this "kiss and tell" but had George's harsh judgement about Michael Jackson been somehow made public by George himself when he was alive? I don't know whether it happened or not, while I see that Pafford had made it public already in 2013 (a bit Tony Parsons-like or even worse, I'd say, because it clearly wasn't planned as an interview but was a private and intimate chat between two men who back then were lovers, if occasional ones ... : http://www.guyspy.com/an-evening-wit...chael-jackson/) ; otherwise it'd be quite unrespectful and indiscreet IMHO to have unveiled something like that. Ditto for the Mick Hucknall bit.
On the other hand I liked to see that George did find Stevie Wonder to be adorable in real life, too, besides adoring his musical output.
Another part I liked about Pafford's "kiss and tell" was George saying "I knew I was never gonna be Bowie, with a level of coolness that was way above everyone. I always thought I was gonna be Elton without the piano" ... smart definition; too humble, though: George's lyrics were written by himself, no Bernie Taupin here!

Last edited by bettyblue; 19th May 2017 at 21:15..
Old 19th May 2017, 17:48
Onemoretry Onemoretry est déconnecté
Flawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMegaFan View Post
Pls dont rake up all that stuff. Atleast I think we should leave these things well alone. It is what it is. The man is gone and he suffered enough when he was alive. Let him rest in peace. That is why Kenny did him a huge disservice by putting so much focus on all the negative events of the past like he did.
That wasn't my intention, at all. George was very honest and upfront about his lifestyle. It was speaking to Fadi, and HIS background. Fadi's "relationship" with George, was not what Fadi is playing it up to be. I'm looking forward to the day they haul him out of the Regant Park house. The sooner the better.

Last edited by webmaster; 24th May 2017 at 21:49..
Old 19th May 2017, 18:25
GMfan87' GMfan87' est déconnecté
Flawless

Thanked 1,695 Times in 813 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettyblue View Post
Yes, it had been posted here a couple of months ago.
I tend to agree with you about the "more affectionate" quality, all in all, of this "kiss and tell" but had George's harsh judgement about Michael Jackson been somehow made public by George himself when he was alive? I don't know whether it happened or not, while I see that Pafford had made it public already in 2013 (a bit Tony Parsons-like or even worse, I'd say, because it clearly wasn't planned as an interview but was a private and intimate chat between two men who back then were lovers, if occasional ones ... : http://www.guyspy.com/an-evening-wit...chael-jackson/) ; otherwise it'd be quite unrespectful and indiscreet IMHO to have unveiled something like that. Ditto for the Mick Hucknall bit.
On the other hand I liked to see that George did find Stevie Wonder to be adorable in real life, too, besides adoring his musical output.
Another part I liked about Pafford's "kiss and tell" was George saying "I knew I was never gonna be Bowie, with a level of coolness that was way above everyone. I always thought I was gonna be Elton without the piano" ... smart definition; too humble, though: George's lyrics were written by himself, no Bernie Taupin here!
Not sure GM would of unveiled level of harshness so publicly (although I believe true about Jackson) or Hucknall but look back at 80's interviews he was not afraid to give snarky comments about people in interviews. This Pafford interview revealed more to me than Goss honestly. But I realize Goss was much closer to GM so it is looked upon differently.
The Following User Says Thank You to GMfan87' For This Useful Post:
bettyblue (19th May 2017)
Old 19th May 2017, 18:28
Flawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onemoretry View Post
That wasn't my intention, at all. George was very honest and upfront about his lifestyle. It was speaking to Fadi, and HIS background. Fadi's "relationship" with George, was not what Fadi is playing it up to be. I'm looking forward to the day they haul him out of the Regant Park house. The sooner the better.
It does all look that way from the outside, but why did GM keep such a person around him?!He had enough of emotional attachments? I understand the sensitivity about George especially given way he passed away but some of it is just truth , and things he publicly admitted or accepted about himself. Not things we necessarily liked, not the way we would have wanted his life to play out.

Last edited by webmaster; 24th May 2017 at 21:49..
Old 19th May 2017, 18:41
Flawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMfan87' View Post
It does all look that way from the outside, but why did GM keep such a person around him?!He had enough of emotional attachments? I understand the sensitivity about George especially given way he passed away but some of it is just truth , and things he publicly admitted or accepted about himself. Not things we necessarily liked, not the way we would have wanted his life to play out.
It WAS that way. It was only an on and off again casual relationship. Fadi played on his vulnerability, loneliness and kindness. George was trying to end it, "Things had gotten complicated lately", but Fadi wasn't having it
Old 19th May 2017, 18:59
Flawless

Quote:
Not sure GM would of unveiled level of harshness so publicly (although I believe true about Jackson) or Hucknall but look back at 80's interviews he was not afraid to give snarky comments about people in interviews. This Pafford interview revealed more to me than Goss honestly. But I realize Goss was much closer to GM so it is looked upon differently.
Yes, I know about his snarky comments. He could be quite piquant if he wanted, true.
However, one thing is to be publicly snarky about entertainment matters and another quite different thing is to be publicly harsh about delicate matters such paedophilia and jurors having been perhaps corrupted. I guess that any of us thought the very same things about Michael Jackson's trial at the time, even telling our thoughts to our friends, but if you're a colleague you don't necessarily want them to be printed, do you?
His experience with Tony Parsons hadn't taught George a lot, it seems: he kept on being truly naive about being so intimate with journalists, allowing them to get his personal opinions about such delicate and confidential matters and hoping they wouldn't have printed them.
Old 19th May 2017, 19:20
Flawless

I'm sure it's been discussed here, but I'd be interested in everyone's perspective on Tony Parsons. Georges side was, he told him details about his life in '98, as a friend, and to "let him know what was going on with me" and Parsons betrayed that trust. Parsons was, they were friends, but he was there as a reporter, with a tape recorder, to promote his latest release, and George tried to use the friendship to keep him printing certain details he'd told him, in hindsight.

Did Parson tale advantage, and put his professional life before their friendship, or did George later regret what he told him, when it was on the record? Regardless, my issue with Parsons was, he didn't stop there. He had many vicious article about George over the years, which sounded like sour grapes for George cutting him out of his life.

His tweet on Christmas was "Sad but not surprising. Thanks for the music George". He got a lot of backlash
The Following User Says Thank You to Onemoretry For This Useful Post:
pas1974 (19th May 2017)
Old 19th May 2017, 19:32
Flawless

Quote:
I'm sure it's been discussed here, but I'd be interested in everyone's perspective on Tony Parsons. Georges side was, he told him details about his life in '98, as a friend, and to "let him know what was going on with me" and Parsons betrayed that trust. Parsons was, they were friends, but he was there as a reporter, with a tape recorder, to promote his latest release.

Did Parson tale advantage, and put his professional life before their friendship, or did George later regret what he told him, when it was on the record? Regardless, my issue with Parsons was, he didn't stop there. He had many vicious article about George over the years, which sounded like sour grapes for George cutting him out of his life.

His tweet on Christmas was "Sad but not surprising. Thanks for the music George". He got a lot of backlash
Many of us recently posted out thoughts - your "sour grapes" theory is mine, too - about Parsons here (in the "Falling out with people" thread) ...

http://www.georgemichaelforums.com/s...=147564&page=4

... and here (in the "what happens next" thread):

http://www.georgemichaelforums.com/s...147388&page=60
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bettyblue For This Useful Post:
Onemoretry (19th May 2017), pas1974 (19th May 2017)
Old 19th May 2017, 20:17
Flawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettyblue View Post
Yes, I know about his snarky comments. He could be quite piquant if he wanted, true.
However, one thing is to be publicly snarky about entertainment matters and another quite different thing is to be publicly harsh about delicate matters such paedophilia and jurors having been perhaps corrupted. I guess that any of us thought the very same things about Michael Jackson's trial at the time, even telling our thoughts to our friends, but if you're a colleague you don't necessarily want them to be printed, do you?
His experience with Tony Parsons hadn't taught George a lot, it seems: he kept on being truly naive about being so intimate with journalists, allowing them to get his personal opinions about such delicate and confidential matters and hoping they wouldn't have printed them.
Sure is a different matter but maybe not naïve maybe he didn't care.(?) Someone that was savvy, had distrust, dislike for press forgets himself (or trusts they won't print it) that many times ?! He had strong opinions, and he could be kind of a bad ass, that way at times, if you will. Sometimes I found it amusing because it was hard to believe he said certain things, and he was right much of time. Guess he lost respect for Jackson after he was treated rudely by him .
Old 19th May 2017, 20:23
Flawless

Quote:
I'm sure it's been discussed here, but I'd be interested in everyone's perspective on Tony Parsons. Georges side was, he told him details about his life in '98, as a friend, and to "let him know what was going on with me" and Parsons betrayed that trust. Parsons was, they were friends, but he was there as a reporter, with a tape recorder, to promote his latest release, and George tried to use the friendship to keep him printing certain details he'd told him, in hindsight.

Looking at it now , don't know what either of them expected celebrity/ journalist friendship automatically compromised, guess would of been best if ground rules were laid from the start. I know if it were me I would of asked him what was ok to print, but Parsons may have figured he knows the deal.. Yes he wrote with insensitivity later but maybe he had heard more about latest with George, so no surprise but it doesn't sound nice at all.
Old 19th May 2017, 20:36
tropik-ana tropik-ana est déconnecté
Star People

Quote:
George was trying to end it, "Things had gotten complicated lately", but Fadi wasn't having it

Was it '' Things had gotten complicated lately'', or was it '' things have been complicated lately''?

I think the next part of the sentence was something like '' .....but he was looking forward to Christmas..." (?)

Maybe he was just talking about the complications in George's life, such as health issues, for example, and

not necessarily their relationship (?).

Last edited by tropik-ana; 20th May 2017 at 00:27..
Old 19th May 2017, 20:48
tropik-ana tropik-ana est déconnecté
Star People

Quote:
It WAS that way. It was only an on and off again casual relationship.
Is anybody other than Andros saying that?
Old 19th May 2017, 20:51
Flawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropik-ana View Post
Yes
The Following User Says Thank You to Onemoretry For This Useful Post:
DeepBlueDee (19th May 2017)
Old 19th May 2017, 21:02
Flawless

Quote:
Sure is a different matter but maybe not naïve maybe he didn't care.(?) Someone that was savvy, had distrust, dislike for press forgets himself (or trusts they won't print it) that many times ?! He had strong opinions, and he could be kind of a bad ass, that way at times, if you will. Sometimes I found it amusing because it was hard to believe he said certain things, and he was right much of time. Guess he lost respect for Jackson after he was treated rudely by him .
Well, I was referring to only 2 times: Parsons (a journalist with whom he had shared years of close friendship) and Pafford (a journalist with whom he had shared, according to Pafford, some relaxed casual sex before and a friendship, or sort of, then).
I wondered about him having been happy - or not - with Pafford's "revelations" only because we know how unhappy he had been with Parsons' similar ones (in that case he surely did care).

Last edited by bettyblue; 19th May 2017 at 21:22..
The Following User Says Thank You to bettyblue For This Useful Post:
GMfan87' (19th May 2017)
Old 19th May 2017, 21:26
DeepBlueDee DeepBlueDee est déconnecté
Flawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropik-ana View Post
I'm pretty sure Alex also said more or less the same thing recently. Considering he is not normally revealing ANYTHING of a personal nature, I took it as if he had lost his cool (and his patience) and let loose with his frustrations. While we don't really know all the details of what was going on in GM'S last days, Alex was there, was close, involved, and IMHO knows plenty. I believe him.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to DeepBlueDee For This Useful Post:
GMfan87' (19th May 2017), Mortisha (21st May 2017), Onemoretry (19th May 2017), pas1974 (19th May 2017), Sonya7 (26th May 2017), tropik-ana (20th May 2017), Whamtastic (20th May 2017)