George Michael Forums

Go Back   George Michael Forums > George Michael > News

Old 19th May 2017, 21:37
Onemoretry Onemoretry est déconnecté
Flawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepBlueDee View Post
I'm pretty sure Alex also said more or less the same thing recently. Considering he is not normally revealing ANYTHING of a personal nature, I took it as if he had lost his cool (and his patience) and let loose with his frustrations. While we don't really know all the details of what was going on in GM'S last days, Alex was there, was close, involved, and IMHO knows plenty. I believe him.
I was told what I posted, but I totally agree about Alex. He had had enough of the lying and posturing.

Alex Georgiou‏
@AlexTiger888

fadi is a liar and a user from the moment he met George he was building his profile constantly using George liberty taker still in his house
Alex Georgiou‏ @AlexTiger888 May 7

sorry but thats the truth over stayed welcome by about a year

Last edited by Onemoretry; 19th May 2017 at 21:50..
Old 19th May 2017, 22:30
GreekGirl GreekGirl est déconnecté
Flawless

Maybe it is just me, but I would love it if people used correct punctuation when tweeting and putting any other sort of communication out into the world via social media. The meaning of the tweet gets lost without it. Was Alex trying to say that Fadi was building his profile constantly, for instance? Or was it that Fadi was constantly using George? I guess I must be old fashioned, but punctuation would help to get the message across....
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GreekGirl For This Useful Post:
TrueLoveAFN (20th May 2017), Whamtastic (20th May 2017)
Old 19th May 2017, 22:50
Onemoretry Onemoretry est déconnecté
Flawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekGirl View Post
Maybe it is just me, but I would love it if people used correct punctuation when tweeting and putting any other sort of communication out into the world via social media. The meaning of the tweet gets lost without it. Was Alex trying to say that Fadi was building his profile constantly, for instance? Or was it that Fadi was constantly using George? I guess I must be old fashioned, but punctuation would help to get the the message across....
I think they skip the punctuation because there is a character limit. Capitol letters to start a sentence would help!

Last edited by Onemoretry; 19th May 2017 at 23:03..
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Onemoretry For This Useful Post:
DeepBlueDee (20th May 2017), GreekGirl (19th May 2017), TrueLoveAFN (20th May 2017)
Old 19th May 2017, 23:07
GMfan87' GMfan87' est déconnecté
Flawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettyblue View Post
Well, I was referring to only 2 times: Parsons (a journalist with whom he had shared years of close friendship) and Pafford (a journalist with whom he had shared, according to Pafford, some relaxed casual sex before and a friendship, or sort of, then).
I wondered about him having been happy - or not - with Pafford's "revelations" only because we know how unhappy he had been with Parsons' similar ones (in that case he surely did care).
Just noticed your part about two times, I meant that many times within these two instances .
Old 19th May 2017, 23:22
pas1974 pas1974 est déconnecté
Cowboy or Angel?

Quote:
Maybe it is just me, but I would love it if people used correct punctuation when tweeting and putting any other sort of communication out into the world via social media. The meaning of the tweet gets lost without it. Was Alex trying to say that Fadi was building his profile constantly, for instance? Or was it that Fadi was constantly using George? I guess I must be old fashioned, but punctuation would help to get the message across....
Here's my take:

"Fadi is a liar and a user.
From the moment he met George, he was building his profile, constantly using George.
Liberty taker. Still in his house."
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pas1974 For This Useful Post:
GreekGirl (20th May 2017), Nanabug (20th May 2017), Onemoretry (20th May 2017), Sonya7 (20th May 2017), TrueLoveAFN (20th May 2017)
Old 20th May 2017, 06:03
GMMegaFan GMMegaFan est déconnecté
Flawless

Thanked 1,222 Times in 386 Posts

Really funny clip with James Corden and Harry Styles with the "Wake Me Up Before You Go Go" part starting at 3:15. That song, that T-Shirt and that dance with the rolling of the eyes will live on forever. George Michael might have talked down the video later, but it is forever associated with him :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1cIoZACSwE
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to GMMegaFan For This Useful Post:
bettyblue (20th May 2017), DeepBlueDee (20th May 2017), ladyjayne (20th May 2017), qp65 (20th May 2017), SirLala (20th May 2017)
Old 20th May 2017, 06:09
SirLala SirLala est actuellement connecté
Flawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMegaFan View Post
Really funny clip with James Corden and Harry Styles with the "Wake Me up Before You Go Go" part starting at 3:15 :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1cIoZACSwE
Harry Styles Debut Album is actually pretty damn good.
Old 20th May 2017, 07:15
Flawless

Quote:
Yes, it had been posted here a couple of months ago. [EDIT: Same article here, too: http://stevepafford.com/i-want-sex-r...eorge-michael/]
I tend to agree with you about the "more affectionate" quality, all in all, of this "kiss and tell" but had George's harsh judgement about Michael Jackson been somehow made public by George himself when he was alive?
The only time I have seen him talk on record about Michael Jackson was in an interview with Danish TV. That is a really good interview with GM relaxed and making some self-deprecatory comments about himself. But I think it was a little bit lost on the interviewer who did not seem to pick up the sarcasm. After 1998, most of these interviews had so many questions about the LA incident and his sexuality. It must have been really grating for him to keep getting these questions. Here in good humour he asks:
"Lot of gay questions. Is this for Gay TV?"

"Part of my success with lyrics is I think I have quite a good take on both sexes. Maybe because I grew up with 2 sisters and also because of the relationships I had
in my earlier life with women and having become totally part of gay culture now. But I feel like I have an understanding of both sexes. And I think my understanding of both sexes lyrically and I think my ambiguity probably means I have the attention of both sexes. And that has got to contribute to a successful career. You are talking about the whole of the population rather than one sex. So much of music these days is directed completely at women as they are such a big part of the market now. I genuinely believe I have never aimed for one segment but aimed for everybody in more ways than one" The more ways than one was totally lost on the interviewer though

On Michael Jackson(this is 2004) this answer is given in response to a question "do you face homophobia" : "Jesus you think about it. You think how much benefit of the doubt Michael Jackson has been given over the years. He has been accused of something terrible. Regardless of whatever else he is or he is not, he is a genius, a musical genius. He has given people a lot. When people appreciate someone's talent to that degree, they don't want to believe anything bad about them. And they are incredibly forgiving of some things. What Michael Jackson is accused of is not forgivable and would not be overcomeable. In comparison with that, you can see why I have had a relatively easy time of it. People dont want to see me gone"

youtube video - George Michael Interview 2004 Part 1

Last edited by GMMegaFan; 20th May 2017 at 10:04..
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to GMMegaFan For This Useful Post:
Albion66 (20th May 2017), bettyblue (20th May 2017), GMfan87' (21st May 2017), GoodFairy (20th May 2017), qp65 (20th May 2017), SirLala (20th May 2017), TrueLoveAFN (20th May 2017)
Old 20th May 2017, 12:20
Bobby101 Bobby101 est déconnecté
Young Gun

Quote:
Yes, I know about his snarky comments. He could be quite piquant if he wanted, true.
However, one thing is to be publicly snarky about entertainment matters and another quite different thing is to be publicly harsh about delicate matters such paedophilia and jurors having been perhaps corrupted. I guess that any of us thought the very same things about Michael Jackson's trial at the time, even telling our thoughts to our friends, but if you're a colleague you don't necessarily want them to be printed, do you?
His experience with Tony Parsons hadn't taught George a lot, it seems: he kept on being truly naive about being so intimate with journalists, allowing them to get his personal opinions about such delicate and confidential matters and hoping they wouldn't have printed them.
George definitely could be quite biting with his comments.. I remember a scathing comment about Gary Barlow from Take That not having any talent in Q magazine in 1998.. Slightly uncalled for.

Robbie Williams i could understand that comment!

Gary Barlow used to express his admiration for George all the time until that happened. Then i noticed he never mentioned GM again.

http://www.george.michael.szm.com/Esection/E1998q.html

Also George and Mick Hucknall sorted out their differences. As Mick was very respectful and full of praise for George in more recent interviews.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bobby101 For This Useful Post:
bettyblue (20th May 2017), GMMegaFan (20th May 2017)
Old 20th May 2017, 12:34
bettyblue bettyblue est déconnecté
Flawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby101 View Post
George definitely could be quite biting with his comments.. I remember a scathing comment about Gary Barlow from Take That not having any talent in Q magazine in 1998.. Slightly uncalled for.

Gary Barlow used to express his admiration for George all the time until that happened. Then i noticed he never mentioned GM again.

Also George and Mick Hucknall sorted out their differences. As Mick was very respectful and full of praise for George in more recent interviews.
George was unfairly harsh to Gary Barlow but Barlow quite gentlemanly did mention George again, for example in order to praise his cover of Let Her Down Easy in 2014: https://twitter.com/garybarlow/statu...41713561112576

Then again, as I said before, one thing is willingly choosing to be unnecessarily biting in a public statement about entertainment matters (consciously taking all your well-deserved responsibility for that). Another - very different - thing is talking privately with a supposed "friend" about delicate matters and then finding your private talking put in print without your previous consent.
The Following User Says Thank You to bettyblue For This Useful Post:
GMMegaFan (20th May 2017)
Old 20th May 2017, 14:30
GreekGirl GreekGirl est déconnecté
Flawless

[quote=GMMegaFan;977920] "I genuinely believe I have never aimed for one segment but aimed for everybody in more ways than one" The more ways than one was totally lost on the interviewer though

GMMegaFan, I saw that interview too, and I must say that I picked up on this comment as well. George could be a rascal when he wanted to be!
The Following User Says Thank You to GreekGirl For This Useful Post:
GMMegaFan (20th May 2017)
Old 20th May 2017, 15:46
Flawless

Quote:
"I genuinely believe I have never aimed for one segment but aimed for everybody in more ways than one" The more ways than one was totally lost on the interviewer though
GMMegaFan, I saw that interview too, and I must say that I picked up on this comment as well. George could be a rascal when he wanted to be!
There was an article in The Guardian I think, during the 25Live Tour, when the writer was on a chartered flight with GM, Kenny and his 2 sisters. She mentioned that his sisters were also very funny and the whole family could have been standup comedians. George had a good sense of humour esp. in the latter years. He was really funny on Twitter. Boy George was not right when he said GM did not have a good sense of humour. In his younger days, I think GM was overly cautious because he was carrying the burden of a big secret inside.

Last edited by GMMegaFan; 20th May 2017 at 17:27..
The Following User Says Thank You to GMMegaFan For This Useful Post:
GreekGirl (20th May 2017)
Old 20th May 2017, 17:31
litzmee litzmee est déconnecté
Star People

I never liked Gary Barlow. His singing is average and I get that GM did not want anything to with fabricated boy bands.

Same thing goes for this new kid, Harry, he can sing, but it is so forgettable... I like that he sang Go go, but he sounds like any kid with any music talent.
Old 20th May 2017, 18:38
freeek freeek est déconnecté
He sang thirty years and a day, but nothing changed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby101 View Post

What is the history between Mick and George? I've never heard this before.
Old 20th May 2017, 19:22
bettyblue bettyblue est déconnecté
Flawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeek View Post
What is the history between Mick and George? I've never heard this before.
I only know what is in this Steve Pafford article: https://www.pressreader.com/australi...81586650341834
The Following User Says Thank You to bettyblue For This Useful Post:
freeek (21st May 2017)