George Michael Forums

Go Back   George Michael Forums > George Michael > General Discussion


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 3rd January 2017, 22:15
WonderingQuestion WonderingQuestion est déconnecté
Young Gun
 
Join Date: 01-2017
Location: FL
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Does anyone know if George really burned his jacket in Freedom 90 music video?

I have searched the internet but I can't find the answer.

In the music video for the iconic FREEDOM '90 song, does anyone know if George REALLY burned his famous "Faith" jacket and really blew up his guitar from the Faith video?

I think it was special effects with a replica.

So where is his original Faith jacket and guitar now? Or did he really burn the originals in that video??????
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 4th January 2017, 01:27
jlb jlb est déconnecté
Young Gun
 
Join Date: 12-2016
Location: Yorkshire
Posts: 19
Thanks: 3
Thanked 39 Times in 8 Posts
Default Faith

I have never read about what happened to the faith jacket (of which there were at least two anyway). I'd be amazed if they were destroyed. Somethings you don't give away or destroy and those Jackets I think he will have kept.

A bit of trivia; I did see his boots from faith in a display case, in the Hard Rock in San Francisco (I think it was San Francisco, but was definitely a Hard Rock Cafe). He'd signed it, "I miss my boots"
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 4th January 2017, 02:21
backforwood88 backforwood88 est déconnecté
Young Gun
 
Join Date: 12-2016
Location: UK
Posts: 8
Thanks: 5
Thanked 13 Times in 3 Posts
Default

no he has said in plenty of interviews - it wasn't the real one.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 7th January 2017, 08:08
WonderingQuestion WonderingQuestion est déconnecté
Young Gun
 
Join Date: 01-2017
Location: FL
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlb View Post
I have never read about what happened to the faith jacket (of which there were at least two anyway). I'd be amazed if they were destroyed. Somethings you don't give away or destroy and those Jackets I think he will have kept.

A bit of trivia; I did see his boots from faith in a display case, in the Hard Rock in San Francisco (I think it was San Francisco, but was definitely a Hard Rock Cafe). He'd signed it, "I miss my boots"
Quote:
Originally Posted by backforwood88 View Post
no he has said in plenty of interviews - it wasn't the real one.
Thanks for the replies. I am relieved to know that he didn't really burn the real jacket and guitar.

Does anyone know who I can contact to purchase the original jacket and/or guitar from the Faith video?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 7th January 2017, 08:37
slash_mj slash_mj est déconnecté
Young Gun
 
Join Date: 10-2006
Location: Poland
Posts: 2
Thanks: 12
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderingQuestion View Post
Thanks for the replies. I am relieved to know that he didn't really burn the real jacket and guitar.

Does anyone know who I can contact to purchase the original jacket and/or guitar from the Faith video?
Most likely George himself held on to it. Perhaps he gave it to a close friend or a family member.
If the jacket/guitar ever end up on sale, they will most likely go for 50-100k USD. Celebrity memorabilia of this notoriety usually goes for about this much. Especially now that he's gone.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 8th January 2017, 01:55
jlb jlb est déconnecté
Young Gun
 
Join Date: 12-2016
Location: Yorkshire
Posts: 19
Thanks: 3
Thanked 39 Times in 8 Posts
Default More ££££

Quote:
Originally Posted by slash_mj View Post
Most likely George himself held on to it. Perhaps he gave it to a close friend or a family member.
If the jacket/guitar ever end up on sale, they will most likely go for 50-100k USD. Celebrity memorabilia of this notoriety usually goes for about this much. Especially now that he's gone.
If proved to be authentic, I think the jacket would go for more...
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 8th January 2017, 17:31
backforwood88 backforwood88 est déconnecté
Young Gun
 
Join Date: 12-2016
Location: UK
Posts: 8
Thanks: 5
Thanked 13 Times in 3 Posts
Default

George had it hung in his closet (so he said in interviews about Freedom 90 anyway)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


Custom Search


All times are GMT +3. The time now is 17:50.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

'George Michael Forums' is a non-commercial, private and unofficial fan site dedicated to George Michael and Wham!.
Content published on 'George Michael Forums' requires permission for reprint. No infringement of any copyright is intended.

Disclaimer | Impressum


Free Visitor Maps at VisitorMap.org
Get a FREE visitor map for your site!