George Michael Forums

Go Back   George Michael Forums > George Michael > General Discussion

Old 9th January 2017, 01:59
Boris Boris est déconnecté
Enjoy What You Do

You are loved. Remember that on days you may not feel like it.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Boris For This Useful Post:
G.M.Freak (10th January 2017), KojiTaku (9th January 2017), Yogifan (15th January 2017)
Old 11th January 2017, 16:17
Vickio Vickio est déconnecté

I would tell him much I'd adored him since I was 13 years old; and how now at 45 I can't imagine life without his beautiful voice and infectious grin. I'd say his lyrics and voice have touched my heart more than any others.

I wrote something on FB and I'd like to just copy what I wrote here, if it's ok.

You have been loved, George. xxx

https://www.facebook.com/notes/vicki...54691941110708
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vickio For This Useful Post:
KojiTaku (12th January 2017), Moonchild (14th January 2017)
Old 11th January 2017, 19:57
Michael27 Michael27 est déconnecté

Thanks for all musics. You were, you are, and you will be always a brillant artist, a incredible songwriter. I miss you George. Always. XXX

From France. We love U.
The Following User Says Thank You to Michael27 For This Useful Post:
KojiTaku (12th January 2017)
Old 13th January 2017, 02:27
.y. .y. est déconnecté
sommes lancés

Thanked 1,517 Times in 366 Posts

Time is
Too slow for those who Wait,
Too swift for those who Fear,
Too long for those who Grieve,
Too short for those who Rejoice,
But for those who Love,
Time is Eternity."

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to .y. For This Useful Post:
Angelfish (15th January 2017), freedom! (15th January 2017), jarofchains (13th January 2017), KDM (13th January 2017), KojiTaku (13th January 2017), Vickio (13th January 2017)
Old 13th January 2017, 16:15
KDM KDM est déconnecté
Young Gun

I have a daily prompt book for poetry ('The Daily Poet') that I just started using this year and yesterday's prompt was to write to an artist. I chose George. I used his nickname in the title not to imply that I personally knew him but moreso to connect with the individual first. At my boyfriend's suggestion, I'm posting it here as my message to him and his spirit.

Yog Is Free

Sad songs echo in the chambers
Of our hearts as we mourn
The moment a bright, joyous day
Became a starless night.

Sorrow became an unwanted,
Constant companion
Hiding behind every corner
Like the paparazzi.

You were born to be an artist
Of highest caliber;
Giving your song and expression
To the hearts of strangers.

You were born to become a voice
For those who could not speak
And the tenants of the outskirts
Of the accepted crowd.

The chambers of our hearts light up
As we remember you.
The chambers of our hearts light up
As we remember you.

Written by Kirk DeMatas
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to KDM For This Useful Post:
Angelfish (15th January 2017), G.M.Freak (14th January 2017), KojiTaku (13th January 2017), qp65 (13th January 2017), timtom3x (15th January 2017)
Old 13th January 2017, 23:07
Christy T Christy T est déconnecté
Young Gun

Right now, as I sit here I could drive to the exact intersection my mother and I were idling at when I first heard Wake Me Up Before you Go Go. I was 12 and not much into any of the other artists that were all the rage at the time - Madonna did not do it for me nor did Jackson or Prince really. But you, that voice, that sound crept under my skin and into my blood. From that point on not a day went by that you did not pass through my thoughts. Now that you are gone I realize how much you cross my mind because now tears come to my eyes every other hour. On Twitter Andrew has said that to call you the ex Wham singer cheapens your legacy because you were so much more than that. I say to call you an incredibly talented songwriter also understates who you were because you were so much more than that. Even though all you ever wanted was to make music that people loved and remembered, that is not your legacy to the people you touched the most. Your legacy is you inspired us to each be the best version of ourselves. To be generous with our time, treasure and talent. To truly Listen Without Prejudice. To everyone. Everyday. To think beyond the things we see hear and experience in our daily lives. I am not sure I would care as deeply about gay rights as I do if not for you. I am not sure I would pay attention to the world the way I do if not for you. Anyone can have children but not everyone gets a legacy. I really hope you have been able to see the flowers and the notes and the balloons. Your death left quite a mark but so did you life sweet man. Give Hippy a hug for me.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Christy T For This Useful Post:
Angelfish (15th January 2017), freedom! (15th January 2017), GMsgirl (17th January 2017), KDM (14th January 2017), KojiTaku (16th January 2017), princess (15th January 2017), Shooting Star (14th January 2017), timtom3x (15th January 2017), Vickio (14th January 2017)
Old 15th January 2017, 10:55
freedom! freedom! est déconnecté
Young Gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christy T View Post
Right now, as I sit here I could drive to the exact intersection my mother and I were idling at when I first heard Wake Me Up Before you Go Go. I was 12 and not much into any of the other artists that were all the rage at the time - Madonna did not do it for me nor did Jackson or Prince really. But you, that voice, that sound crept under my skin and into my blood. From that point on not a day went by that you did not pass through my thoughts. Now that you are gone I realize how much you cross my mind because now tears come to my eyes every other hour. On Twitter Andrew has said that to call you the ex Wham singer cheapens your legacy because you were so much more than that. I say to call you an incredibly talented songwriter also understates who you were because you were so much more than that. Even though all you ever wanted was to make music that people loved and remembered, that is not your legacy to the people you touched the most. Your legacy is you inspired us to each be the best version of ourselves. To be generous with our time, treasure and talent. To truly Listen Without Prejudice. To everyone. Everyday. To think beyond the things we see hear and experience in our daily lives. I am not sure I would care as deeply about gay rights as I do if not for you. I am not sure I would pay attention to the world the way I do if not for you. Anyone can have children but not everyone gets a legacy. I really hope you have been able to see the flowers and the notes and the balloons. Your death left quite a mark but so did you life sweet man. Give Hippy a hug for me.
My word what an amazing post. I'm not going to lie but this post has brought me to tears. Truely amazing words.
Old 15th January 2017, 17:36
JennyS JennyS est déconnecté
Flawless

Default Thx

First of all, thank you for the music because it was all about that for me. Thank you for being an insperation in difficult times, your voice allways made me feel happy, no matter what. It helped me cope, it helped me smile, it made me feel good, then, yes, but even today, in my grief.

(years of joy have turned into tears these last few weeks)

You hated public life and hated most of what was written about you, I didn't read it, in some ways I respected your own request to be left alone and you wanting to live your life. When you were out there, it is because you wanted that.
(and even then you were kind to most of the strangers you met)

When you no longer appeared in shows and (proper) news papers, I thougt, this man is living the good life wich he deserved. I really wanted to believe that, that you were happy and content.

I do not want to pry in your personal life today, but it would mean a lot to me today, to know that you went peacefully. I can't stand the thought of you taking your own life. My gut feeling says your heart just gave up, to soon, off course! I hope so much, it has nothing to do with dope/drugs and others. If it is, it's oké by me but I would like so much not to read tabloids spelling out; "Yes, it's confirmed, drugs killed George on X-mas !!"

I've read dozens of books on the afterlife and if it is anywhere near as beautiful as discribed, you are doing well when you reach it (allready or in a little while) and you will look back on all this and smile (that gorgeous smile) for all the bad times that you knew. If you are out there, you are one the most developped spirits in this world. (doing the right thing, no matter what)

If being 'out there' is a happier place for you, I'll be happy and say, enjoy it and remember, you have been loved so much. So much, by so many you don't even know of.........the onces who loved you aren't in newspapers and get headlines, no they are at home, suffering, hating what has happened and wishing.... wishing.......wishing so much.

Be good to yourself 'cause nobody else has the power to make you happy.
George Michael
The Following User Says Thank You to JennyS For This Useful Post:
qp65 (15th January 2017)