George Michael Forums

Go Back   George Michael Forums > George Michael > News > George Michael mention on the Net

Old 16th November 2015, 09:56
HSL HSL est déconnecté

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onef*ckfantasy View Post
Read back through this long trail of destruction.. sorry, discussion (actually several back) and you'll understand the reference to Lego!
No time buddy but I know what Lego is as my 3 year old plays with it everyday as well (a-hem).

Have a good day.

Last edited by HSL; 16th November 2015 at 10:59..
Old 16th November 2015, 15:51
Darth Father Figure Darth Father Figure est déconnecté

One more addition to my previous post... I've looked it up on the net.

First a bit of context... George Michael would perform in Antwerp during the Faith tour in the late 80's. I remember it well because I was thrilled with the announcement... I was 13 or 14 at the time. But the concert never took place due to voice problems.

So I've waited and waited and waited and waited until 2006... 20 years later... 25 live... George Michael comes to Antwerp - Belgium finally. I gues many people waited for this a long time. And yes, the concert was sold out quickly... But as I mentioned before, many of the audience weren't even Belgians and many in the audience came to see their youth hero from Wham! So much of it was nostalgia. Nevertheless, the concert was great and Belgian press wrote very positive comments.

One year later... 2007... 25 live - the big open stadium tour. And from now on especially for HSL I will give facts. English is my 3th language by the way, if you want to try dutch please be my guest and google 'George Michael Werchter' and you'll see the following facts are true:

- George Michael 25 live at Werchter on 23 june 2007.
- Capacity of Werchter venue: between 30.000 and 65.000 people (depending on the artist performing)
- Presale starts on 8 march 2007
- Communication through the media on 7 juni 2007 (2 weeks before the concert) which said:
1. Until now 11.500 tickets were sold
2. The concert will go on at Antwerp (capacity 15.000) instead of Werchter because the stage can be build quicker on the inside venue of Sportpaleis Antwerp instead of the outside venue Werchter.

And if you want to compare... On 11 july 2009 Madonna would also perform on Werchter. 65.000 places sold out in one day.

By the way HSL and others... I know G can't do anything bad in your eyes but 'The Final One' and 'The Final Two'... That's a reference to the Final from Wham. And it was well communicated then by George himself and his team and the media those were the last live shows he would ever play. During those shows George gave a speech where he told it was enough (performing live). At the begin of the concert he shouted 'This is the last time' (I was there 25th of august). If you look back at it... just another lie to raise concert prices. HSL, you blame me I assume a lot.... Well HSL... I don't know how long you follow George and his communications but if you say 'George once said that so that must be true'.... well, you can better assume. George told many of things. And no, George never told anyone in public he has problems. But if you don't realise the man got problems... Where have you been the last 10 years? And why go to a clinic in Zurich? To enjoy life? For the good weather? Please... try to be objective for once, even if it concerns your God.
The Following User Says Thank You to Darth Father Figure For This Useful Post:
Onef*ckfantasy (16th November 2015)
Old 16th November 2015, 16:46
Parklife Parklife est déconnecté
Flawless

http://www.marshall-arts.com/news/an...nica-tour.html

Loath to get back into this debate - but in truth you can find whatever argument you want to support on the internet. This link I found in 30 seconds just now and is about Symphonica "sold out in record time"... etc.

I'm sure others can find something to the contrary. Facts only speak for themselves if there are no other conflicting facts.

I'm not sure anyone has said he hasn't got any troubles. It's pretty clear he has been off the rails and his own worst enemy for some time. On that I think we are all pretty much agreed.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Parklife For This Useful Post:
HSL (16th November 2015), mariblu (16th November 2015)
Old 16th November 2015, 18:42
Tigger1 Tigger1 est déconnecté

Thanked 1,298 Times in 283 Posts

concert gets sold out and often tickets are released on a later date, just think back to the This is It tour of Michael Jackson, Lady GAGA and Madonna.
When those expensive packages don't sell these seats are eihter put on the market again or empty., often this is not up to the artist at all. Simply depends on the deal between artist, promoter and venue.

I loved the shows that I went to, and would like to see more. No mather how they are labeld. I buy my tickets to see and hear George, nothing less or more.
The Following User Says Thank You to Tigger1 For This Useful Post:
Parklife (16th November 2015)
Old 16th November 2015, 22:07
HSL HSL est déconnecté

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Father Figure View Post
By the way HSL and others... I know G can't do anything bad in your eyes
Mr Vader, you seem rather upset based on your last post for some reason. Somehow we seem to be debating whether George's concerts were sold out or not (God knows how we got here).

With respect, I'm still trying to work out what your point is. I think you are saying people like me (stating George sold out his concerts) need to get a reality check because George is not as popular as we think. I may be wrong. Like I said I can't work out what your point is.

The example you gave is not very credible. As Parklife pointed out evidence to support either argument is available. If you really feel the need to prove that George is not very popular anymore then I would need to see credible evidence.

Furthermore, your other point stating George can do no wrong in my eyes....If you really think about it what bad things has George actually done? Yes, he drove and crashed his car when he should not have been driving once in his life. He smokes cannabis. He does what he does in Hampstead Heath. So what? This does not make him a bad person does it?

He’s is a decent man (not perfect I know), who has does so much for charity and the less fortunate. He donates money all the time to charity. I believe him to be an honest man. Yes he promised us an album which he did not deliver but it’s hardly crime of the century and does not make him bad.

By the way your English is not bad given it’s your 3rd language. It’s better than most people’s on this forum including me.

I really want to understand where your anger is coming from towards George....
Old 16th November 2015, 22:59
Onef*ckfantasy Onef*ckfantasy est déconnecté

Thanked 1,398 Times in 529 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSL View Post
Mr Vader, you seem rather upset based on your last post for some reason. Somehow we seem to be debating whether George's concerts were sold out or not (God knows how we got here).

With respect, I'm still trying to work out what your point is. I think you are saying people like me (stating George soldf out his concerts) need to get a reality check because George is not as popular as we think. I may be wrong. Like I said I can't work out what your point is.

The example you gave is not very credible. As Parklife pointed out evidence to support either argument is available. If you really feel the need to prove that George is not very popular anymore then I would need to see credible evidence.

Furthermore, your other point stating George can do no wrong in my eyes....If you really think about it what bad things has George actually done? Yes, he drove and crashed his car when he should not have been driving once in his life. He smokes cannabis. He does what he does in Hampstead Heath. So what? This does not make him a bad person does it?

He’s is a decent man (not perfect I know), who has does so much for charity and the less fortunate. He donates money all the time to charity. I believe him to be an honest man. Yes he promised us an album which he did not deliver but it’s hardly crime of the century and does not make him bad.

By the way your English is not bad given it’s your 3rd language. It’s better than most people’s on this forum including me.

I really want to understand where your anger is coming from towards George....
I believe it was you who first brought up mention of GM's ticket-selling prowess as proof of his enduring popularity, OnePluck..
Old 16th November 2015, 23:02
HSL HSL est déconnecté

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onef*ckfantasy View Post
I believe it was you who first brought up mention of GM's ticket-selling prowess as proof of his enduring popularity, OnePluck..
Nope wasn't me.

#LEGO

Old 16th November 2015, 23:57
Onef*ckfantasy Onef*ckfantasy est déconnecté

Thanked 1,398 Times in 529 Posts

What's the deal with the Lego - you seem to have cottoned onto that... I'm not sure why!
Old 17th November 2015, 01:32
pas1974 pas1974 est actuellement connecté
Cowboy or Angel?

My 2 cents, as we're talking about GM's concerts in Belgium :

- 1st Symphonica date : Antwerp, sold out
- 2nd Symphonica date (added because the 1st was sold out) : Brussels, sold out (at Forest National, love this venue btw and the crowd was amazing)
- 3rd Symphonica date (2nd leg) : Brussels again, sold out (I think)

So all in all, for a small country like Belgium and over such a short period of time, I don't think it's that bad, right?
The Following User Says Thank You to pas1974 For This Useful Post:
HSL (17th November 2015)
Old 17th November 2015, 09:09
HSL HSL est déconnecté

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas1974 View Post
My 2 cents, as we're talking about GM's concerts in Belgium :

- 1st Symphonica date : Antwerp, sold out
- 2nd Symphonica date (added because the 1st was sold out) : Brussels, sold out (at Forest National, love this venue btw and the crowd was amazing)
- 3rd Symphonica date (2nd leg) : Brussels again, sold out (I think)

So all in all, for a small country like Belgium and over such a short period of time, I don't think it's that bad, right?
It's not bad. Its excellent.
The Following User Says Thank You to HSL For This Useful Post:
pas1974 (17th November 2015)