George Michael Forums

Go Back   George Michael Forums > George Michael > General Discussion

Old 12th October 2016, 23:42
LYDIA LYDIA est déconnecté
PreBoxRemix
Zookeeper Champion, Pipes Champion

Thanked 14,202 Times in 5,445 Posts
Cool

not much to freak out about if that's it. weight gain was really on the end of my worries/wonders.

PhoenixDallasHouston
...nothing was further from my mind
than this moment with you...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LYDIA For This Useful Post:
KojiTaku (13th October 2016), mariasiv (15th October 2016), zeph11 (14th October 2016)
Old 13th October 2016, 00:44
Angelfish Angelfish est déconnecté
Flawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilyPost View Post
Could be these photos. Can anyone translate.?

http://www.iltasanomat.fi/viihde/art...5.html?ref=rss
A drastic change for a long time, on publicity out pysytellyttä musician George Michael is not to identify him from photos taken recently.
Musician George Michael was long the actual sex symbol. As a young singer worked mallinakin cheered not only the ears to the eyes, first in the 1980s in the popular Wham! -brittiduossa Almost kiiltokuvapoikamaisella beauty. Since then, a moderately successful solo career created the star seemed to aging gratefully, and the man's charm when it only increased over the years.
Now, however, it seems that the famous magnificence is woefully neglected 53-year-old musician's nature.

That's the first part, in google translate. I didn't bother with more. Just talking about his weight it looks like.

The pictures are weird. Smoky or blurred. Strange.

I don't care if he's out of shape, whatever. First off.
People can lose weight.

Second, I don't like anyone, singers, friends, lovers even, based on anything so shallow.

But I do feel bad for George, I know he's always been insecure about his looks/weight. It doesn't help that so much emphasis was put on his appearance as a 'sex symbol'
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Angelfish For This Useful Post:
Albion66 (13th October 2016), KojiTaku (13th October 2016), mariblu (13th October 2016), wena (13th October 2016)
Old 13th October 2016, 00:53
Flawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by LYDIA View Post
not much to freak out about if that's it. weight gain was really on the end of my worries/wonders.
Yeah, if this is all they were talking about, it's a relief.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Angelfish For This Useful Post:
Albion66 (13th October 2016), KojiTaku (13th October 2016)
Old 13th October 2016, 01:28
Flawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notorious View Post
He lools like a cuddly toy bear! Kinda cute, kinda . . . well, cuddly! An ewok maybe ? :-)

No doubt he will be narrating the new doc
He is cute. But.. An ewok? He is far too tall.

Anyway, I wish he would appear in the documentary. Many celebs, like other, normal people, have struggled with weight, and I know media is heartless about it, some people more than others, but I'm so tired of this body-shaming in society.

I'm just glad he appears in general, to be healthy, I mean, he's upright, and it looks like he's at dinner somewhere..

You can be in better health and be overweight than underweight. (Within reason)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Angelfish For This Useful Post:
pas1974 (13th October 2016), wena (13th October 2016)
Old 13th October 2016, 02:04
WhamMan WhamMan est déconnecté

Okay so the photos show he's looking old and fat. Nothing new here and I'd find Peace's message to be unnecessarily cryptic if it's that.

Peace seems to suggest we'll probably get to hear of another mishap and encourages us to be gentle. Some will, some won't. Another mishap, split opinions. Nothing new here either but go on, bring the news on and perhaps it will be something original rather than crashing a car, taking drugs, getting caught in a public place or not releasing an album any time soon. I hope it's not something even more serious but let's face it history suggests it will just be something cringe-worthy.

Or perhaps Peace is just mistaken or misrepresenting something.

If you post a message like that then the speculation above is all you can reasonably expect.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WhamMan For This Useful Post:
Albion66 (13th October 2016), Onef*ckfantasy (13th October 2016)
Old 13th October 2016, 10:51
hugh jass hugh jass est déconnecté

Maybe he's signed up for fit club or I'm a celebrity. Lol
Old 13th October 2016, 12:21
MAUROMICHAEL MAUROMICHAEL est déconnecté

Thanked 1,375 Times in 299 Posts

non mi importa se George adesso è grasso, l'importante è che stia bene! poi piano piano tornerà in forma , palestra e dieta il George che tutti noi conosciamo !!!! we love you
Old 13th October 2016, 13:25
mariblu mariblu est déconnecté
Flawless

Thanked 1,718 Times in 624 Posts

All of us know how bad the press can be about George and about other stars too. Not the first time neither the last. As always we can't see him clearly in those pics because they are blurry and enlarged . It seems he's eating in a restaurant probably with David Austin, in Oxfordshire (so is he in UK?). You can put weight when you are relaxed and inactive but when you take some drugs too, like steroids and benzodiazepine (they increase the need of eating). We can't say if he's well or not but it's nice to see him and that he's not alone . He probably needs of quiet life, away from the crowd and the press. We should respect that . George we love you always.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mariblu For This Useful Post:
Albion66 (13th October 2016), Angelfish (13th October 2016), chris59 (13th October 2016), mare (13th October 2016), Natou (14th October 2016), zeph11 (14th October 2016)
Old 13th October 2016, 13:34
chris59 chris59 est déconnecté
Flawless

Well said Mariblu, thank you
The Following User Says Thank You to chris59 For This Useful Post:
mariblu (13th October 2016)
Old 13th October 2016, 13:52
wena wena est déconnecté
Flawless

As for me, there is nothing wrong or nothing bad about George's new look. He is still the George Michael i admire and love 32 years ago. People changed in appearance as time goes by and George is not exempt to that fact. I am so glad that he is fine, although he gained weight,still i hope he is healthy.
Albion66 (13th October 2016), Angelfish (13th October 2016), ieremiadis (13th October 2016), mare (13th October 2016), mariblu (13th October 2016)
Old 13th October 2016, 15:33
1967 1967 est déconnecté

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAUROMICHAEL View Post
non mi importa se George adesso è grasso, l'importante è che stia bene! poi piano piano tornerà in forma , palestra e dieta il George che tutti noi conosciamo !!!! we love you
anche io spero stia bene,e che prima o poi torni in forma.ma in questa foto non sembra quasi piu' lui, con tutti quei kg. in piu'.e dagli ultimi concerti di ottobre di 4 anni fa, come mai non e' piu' tornato come prima? anzi peggio,oltre ad essere totalmente scomparso, e oltre a non pubblicare un disco di inediti dal 2004?non ci prendiamo in giro ragazzi.....questa persona ha problemi enormi.io sono triste e dispiaciuto per come stanno andando le cose, ma non voglio ne illudermi ne fare finta di niente.....
The Following User Says Thank You to 1967 For This Useful Post:
MAUROMICHAEL (13th October 2016)
Old 13th October 2016, 16:48
Albion66 Albion66 est déconnecté
Young Gun

Firstly I have no idea why Peace posted the initial comment. It doesn't say what it refers to and therefore makes no sense. Why highlight something and then leave people hanging? If it is to do with a photo of George looking overweight then it seems a lot of fuss over nothing. There can be many reasons for drastic weight gain and I think it's wrong to speculate without knowing the facts (not that we have a right to know about his private life). It would be nice if he did post his thoughts online like he used to or announced his retirement publicly just so his fans know what's going on in his professional life. But when your a fan of George's I guess you know it's never an easy ride.
Old 13th October 2016, 17:12
EmilyPost EmilyPost est déconnecté
#######

Thanked 25,205 Times in 7,148 Posts

Peace has been a member here for many years. She apparently has her reasons for cryptic posts.

Last edited by EmilyPost; 13th October 2016 at 17:30..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EmilyPost For This Useful Post:
Albion66 (13th October 2016), KojiTaku (13th October 2016)
Old 13th October 2016, 18:40
KojiTaku KojiTaku est déconnecté
OFF the LINE

@1967 and @ MAUROMICHAEL: PLEASE speak english in the main boards..

I guess if Peace would have posted only the link at first, the tone in this thread would be an other...

Speculation is not forbidden as long as everyone can distinguish between worries, funnies and bad jokes...

George looks well with a glas of champagne? and David? or Fadi?
For me it looks like in a garden... Is it warm in UK? (Next to George, yes... )
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KojiTaku For This Useful Post:
Angelfish (13th October 2016), MAUROMICHAEL (13th October 2016)
Old 13th October 2016, 19:11
Albion66 Albion66 est déconnecté
Young Gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilyPost View Post
Peace has been a member here for many years. She apparently has her reasons for cryptic posts.
It's the reason that she is a senior member that has made me so concerned when I read this. I just get the impression that it is about something far more significant than that photograph. Therefore, until the reason for her post is confirmed I can't help but remain worried.
The Following User Says Thank You to Albion66 For This Useful Post:
Angelfish (13th October 2016)