George Michael Forums

Go Back   George Michael Forums > George Michael > General Discussion

Old 13th October 2016, 18:41
Angelfish Angelfish est déconnecté
Flawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albion66 View Post
It's the reason that she is a senior member that has made me so concerned when I read this. I just get the impression that it is about something far more significant than that photograph. Therefore, until the reason for her post is confirmed I can't help but remain worried.
I agree that the initial post seems pretty melodramatic if it refers only to these photos, which frankly, don't surprise me at all. However, if it's 'far more significant' in a bad way, I think it seems strange that they'd say something like - if not great, don't bother to read this, lol- (idr exactly how it was put, but close to that)

If something is seriously wrong, that part just doesn't fit, IMO.

Anyway, I'm done speculating, and not going to worry about it. Those pics are from September according to the article. Considering we have nothing else to go on, George seems like he's doing okay, and has just put on weight.

I think the fact that he was out in public and seen, should lessen people's worries.
The Following User Says Thank You to Angelfish For This Useful Post:
Albion66 (13th October 2016)
Old 13th October 2016, 19:13
Darth Father Figure Darth Father Figure est déconnecté

Lovelys, stop reading. For the others... I knew it was bad when he 'fell' out of a car and when he was nowhere to seen at the launch of Symphonica cd. Will he say in the 'all tell' documentary soon that he's ill? I don't know but it wouldn't be a surprise to me. The only surprise would be he brings out new songs. I've cared for him 25 years. Thought he was different than the average popstar. But since he has more reissus and best ofs than original albums... I've lost interest. Hope he's ok though but communicate with the fans.. It wouldn't hurt.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Darth Father Figure For This Useful Post:
Angelfish (13th October 2016), Older445 (14th October 2016), Verena (13th October 2016)
Old 13th October 2016, 21:05
KojiTaku KojiTaku est déconnecté
GMFs-unfit

Suspect

f*** I read on...

now the thread turns to become bad...

@any GMF Team Members: please close this thread! Thx.
Old 13th October 2016, 21:06
BANDIT BANDIT est déconnecté
Flawless

Thanked 2,182 Times in 454 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariblu View Post
All of us know how bad the press can be about George and about other stars too. Not the first time neither the last. As always we can't see him clearly in those pics because they are blurry and enlarged . It seems he's eating in a restaurant probably with David Austin, in Oxfordshire (so is he in UK?). You can put weight when you are relaxed and inactive but when you take some drugs too, like steroids and benzodiazepine (they increase the need of eating). We can't say if he's well or not but it's nice to see him and that he's not alone . He probably needs of quiet life, away from the crowd and the press. We should respect that . George we love you always.
To be honest I dont like to see those stolen pics ... what does it bring ? except to know that he is alive, and thats something we already knew.
22/09/2011 - Symphonica - Nice

14/10/2012 - Symphonica - London
Old 13th October 2016, 22:06
Flawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANDIT View Post
To be honest I dont like to see those stolen pics ... what does it bring ? except to know that he is alive, and thats something we already knew.
While I agree on 'stolen pics' there are a lot of fans out there who fear he's on the brink of death, due to the utter silence, zero visibility, weird accidents, rehab, unexplained health incidents, and yes, he's entitled to privacy but at least the photos show genuinely concerned fans he is well enough to go out and function.
The Following User Says Thank You to Angelfish For This Useful Post:
Notorious (13th October 2016)
Old 13th October 2016, 22:23
Notorious Notorious est déconnecté

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelfish View Post
But I do feel bad for George, I know he's always been insecure about his looks/weight. It doesn't help that so much emphasis was put on his appearance as a 'sex symbol'

George used his looks to his advantage, particular on the faith releases, and it no doubt contributed a great deal to the high sales figures of the album/singles for that period. Can’t then say we feel sorry for him being viewed as a sex symbol. He created that from the first bum wiggle a mere few seconds into Faith.
The Following User Says Thank You to Notorious For This Useful Post:
Angelfish (13th October 2016)
Old 13th October 2016, 22:48
Flawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notorious View Post
George used his looks to his advantage, particular on the faith releases, and it no doubt contributed a great deal to the high sales figures of the album/singles for that period. Can’t then say we feel sorry for him being viewed as a sex symbol. He created that from the first bum wiggle a mere few seconds into Faith.
I know he created that image himself, it was there in Wham! Too. Look at club Tropicana o.o
I don't feel sorry for him there.. I'm sure he was loving the attention initially, but those bum wiggles bit him in the a$$.

He ended up with a following that just wouldn't quit. Even after years of inactivity people are talking about him, obsessed with him. Oogling photos from 30 years ago. Professing their love to him on social media. He has taken accounting and voiced his regret, back in freedom90. He couldn't handle it well then. But I doubt he, or anyone would've foreseen him being in his 50s and hiding, most likely because he isn't impervious to aging, may be ill, and is still being hounded by media.

Also, in those days I don't think the depression and anxiety had hit him full on, and he hadn't dealt with grief yet... Let alone near death experiences.

Perhaps if he communicated, if he officially said he was on sabbatical or retiring, or something it would help. Whatever the issue is, it's not been handled well by him and his team, not on our side of the glass anyway.

I feel bad for him because I understand depression, insecurity and anxiety and illness.. even now, he can't really escape the monster his fame created. If he's doing bad emotionally/physically that's gotta be hell.

But, he said it best himself. Some mistakes were built to last.

Last edited by Angelfish; 13th October 2016 at 23:16..
Old 14th October 2016, 10:59
timtom3x timtom3x est déconnecté
Flawless

He's got nothing to be ashamed of. His fan base is aging right along with him, and I doubt any of us look the same as we did twenty years ago. I was never a fan because of his looks anyway. For me, it's always been about the voice and the songwriting talent.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to timtom3x For This Useful Post:
Angelfish (14th October 2016), KojiTaku (14th October 2016), mare (14th October 2016), qp65 (14th October 2016), SonyPaysMe (19th October 2016)
Old 14th October 2016, 11:26
Ermann66 Ermann66 est déconnecté
Peace and Love !

Thanked 13,788 Times in 3,925 Posts

I hope george has no health problems
everything else (concerts songs etc etc) for now do not matter

sorry my bad english

05 Ottobre 2006Datchforum Assago Milano 15 17 Dicembre2006 Londra Wembley Arena 09 10 Giugno 2007Wembley Stadium Londra 21 Luglio 2007Roma Stadio Olimpico.New York Madison Square Garden 21 23 Luglio 2008
The Final 2 Londra E.Court 24 25Agosto 2008

Symphonica 2011 Napoli 11 /09
Old 14th October 2016, 12:37
KojiTaku KojiTaku est déconnecté
GMFs-unfit

Love2

by the way:
why do we all believe, that that man on the fotos IS George Michael??

I only wonder why no other online press talks about it... or did I missed the hype? Or did they became polite?

what I only find:
all old stuff... so why do we believe that finnish site?

a second by the way

Peace did not yet posted what she/he wanted to... and her/his mood is "lurking"...

Last edited by KojiTaku; 14th October 2016 at 12:50..
Old 14th October 2016, 15:13
EmilyPost EmilyPost est déconnecté
#######

Thanked 25,791 Times in 7,316 Posts

I believe my own eyes. It resembles other photos seen in the last years.

https://images.search.yahoo.com/yhs/...&hsimp=yhs-001
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EmilyPost For This Useful Post:
Angelfish (14th October 2016), zeph11 (14th October 2016)
Old 14th October 2016, 16:06
pas1974 pas1974 est déconnecté
Cowboy or Angel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by timtom3x View Post
He's got nothing to be ashamed of. His fan base is aging right along with him, and I doubt any of us look the same as we did twenty years ago. I was never a fan because of his looks anyway. For me, it's always been about the voice and the songwriting talent.
I share your opinon but what strikes me is that this change has been sudden and I'm wondering what could cause that.
Old 14th October 2016, 17:20
Flawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas1974 View Post
I share your opinon but what strikes me is that this change has been sudden and I'm wondering what could cause that.
A year or so isn't that sudden. I've seen images in past years where he's looked to have fluctuated in weight some too. Just not as big of a gain. A lot of medications cause weight gain.

I have known quite a few people who have gained quite a bit from antidepressants. And that is mostly people younger than George. Some other meds they give along with them also cause very severe weight gain in some. They can even cause binge eating I've read, and diabetes. We all know he's got depression and anxiety issues.

Anyway that's my guess.

Last edited by Angelfish; 14th October 2016 at 17:49..
Old 14th October 2016, 17:59
Flawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by KojiTaku View Post
by the way:

I only wonder why no other online press talks about it... or did I missed the hype? Or did they became polite?

what I only find:

a second by the way

Peace did not yet posted what she/he wanted to... and her/his mood is "lurking"...
I believe it's him. Im not surprised and it looks like him. Nobody should be surprised, really. Your metabolism slows as you age, and George has been hiding from sight all year. So many things can cause weight gain, it's useless to speculate much. But in general a lot of people just gain weight as they age. Pics from 2 years ago he was looking a bit bigger, too.

I wondered that as well, about why it's only mentioned there, but saw something about tabloids saying that the enquirer had just recently mentioned Georges weight, though online I couldn't find an article from them. Not that I want to read the enquirer anyway. But it was same time these came out, I'm guessing it was related.

And Peace said they weren't going to give any information as to what it was. So i don't think they intend to post 'something' they were more bracing people for something that would 'find its way here' eventually.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Angelfish For This Useful Post:
KojiTaku (14th October 2016), Older445 (15th October 2016)
Old 14th October 2016, 18:22
HSL HSL est déconnecté

Quote:
Originally Posted by KojiTaku View Post
by the way:

what I only find:

a second by the way

Wow. That is George. Wow. No sure what to write for a change.