George Michael Forums

Go Back   George Michael Forums > George Michael > News

Old 18th May 2017, 04:29
Onemoretry Onemoretry est actuellement connecté
Flawless

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrit...rtful-10442228

In interviews, for which Kenny, 58, was given £100,000 for the Goss-Michael Foundation he set up with George, he spoke candidly about the singer’s funeral.

Kenny said: “Melanie stood up and said some amazing things about myself and other guests. She talked about how in love George was with me and how excited he was to meet me.” It's all about Kenny. UHHHH
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Onemoretry For This Useful Post:
bettyblue (20th May 2017), pas1974 (19th May 2017)
Old 18th May 2017, 14:48
betteb betteb est déconnecté
Flawless

Thanked 2,427 Times in 716 Posts

SADLY, I just discovered that Kennys talking is also being quoted in tabloids outside UK now (and No I will not post link) But of course they also focus on the drugs and the toilet. and they are quoting both the Sun and the latest from Mirror about the payment. (And they are telling about Shirlies supportive tweet).
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to betteb For This Useful Post:
GMMegaFan (18th May 2017), mare (19th May 2017), pas1974 (19th May 2017)
Old 19th May 2017, 20:59
tropik-ana tropik-ana est déconnecté
Star People

The place Kenny and GM met is also one for cruising, which I guess is the reason why

Kenny repeats '' posh'' when he says to have met at Beverly Hills Hot Springs.

It's not really in Beverly Hills.
Old 19th May 2017, 21:07
Flawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropik-ana View Post
The place Kenny and GM met is also one for cruising, which I guess is the reason why

Kenny repeats '' posh'' when he says to have met at Beverly Hills Hot Springs.

It's not really in Beverly Hills.
They made up the story they had met at a restaurant. George finally admitted, at one point, it was a spa. Kenny didn't realize he'd come clean, and kept up the story about the restaurant. He was called out on social media, saying they weren't honest about the spa because they didn't want people to think it was a gay spa, which obviously it was

Last edited by Onemoretry; 20th May 2017 at 18:02..
Old 20th May 2017, 12:10
bettyblue bettyblue est actuellement connecté
Flawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seba.GM View Post
Shirlie on Twitter this morning:
Shirlie's "likes" page on Twitter (her May 13 ones in particular) is also worth a look: https://twitter.com/Shirliekemp/likes

If anyone is interested in keeping a sort of archive with all those interview segments plus the TV one in just one page, here they are: https://www.intelligentgossip.com/ba...n=IG%20Twitter
The Following User Says Thank You to bettyblue For This Useful Post:
pas1974 (20th May 2017)
Old 20th May 2017, 15:09
Flawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onemoretry View Post
I think his boyfriends were like everything else in his life, addictive. He was so desperate for, and to be loved. He met Anselmo in Rio, and two weeks later, they were living together in LA. That's a whole other story. He met Kenny, and on their 3 date, George told him he loved him. Kenny told George he didn't know who he was. It takes a long time to get to know someone well enough to love them. Takes 3 dates to decide of you even want a 4th! George said all 3 relationships were love at first sight. Is the 3rd Fadi? George and Kenny's relationship was a vicious cycle fueled by substance abuse, which enabled each other. Their insecurities drew and kept them together, but it was ultimately what broke them up.
He even sang it ...

We're like victims of the same disease
Look at your Big Bad Daddy, and your mom
And your mom ....was always acting crazy

BTW these are quite tough (although real) things indeed to put into a song of love and gratitude ... Since the very first time I listened to Amazing - which I love; I also love American Angel and Where I Hope You Are and regret that the latter was never recorded as a single to be purchased - I have been wondering how its recipient might have taken the bit about his deceased parents. Then again, last February he showed he wasn't too familiar with its lyrics, so who knows.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bettyblue For This Useful Post:
Nanabug (20th May 2017), VigilanteMovie (20th May 2017)
Old 20th May 2017, 17:40
pas1974 pas1974 est déconnecté
Cowboy or Angel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettyblue View Post
Shirlie's "likes" page on Twitter (her May 13 ones in particular) is also worth a look: https://twitter.com/Shirliekemp/likes

If anyone is interested in keeping a sort of archive with all those interview segments plus the TV one in just one page, here they are: https://www.intelligentgossip.com/ba...n=IG%20Twitter
Very interesting indeed. Just shows that KG's interviews were totally inapropriate.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pas1974 For This Useful Post:
bettyblue (20th May 2017), SpinningTheWheel (20th May 2017)
Old 20th May 2017, 17:41
pas1974 pas1974 est déconnecté
Cowboy or Angel?

Quote:
He even sang it ...

BTW these are quite tough (although real) things indeed to put into a song of love and gratitude ... Since the very first time I listened to Amazing - which I love; I also love American Angel and Where I Hope You Are and regret that the latter was never recorded as a single to be purchased - I have been wondering how its recipient might have taken the bit about his deceased parents. Then again, last February he showed he wasn't too familiar with its lyrics, so who knows.
I'm pretty sure it will be released when the time is right.
Old 20th May 2017, 17:45
Flawless

Quote:
He even sang it ...

George wrote Amazing when he first met Kenny. Kenny did not have a good relationship with his parents, who his brother described as "dysfunctional alcoholics"
Old 20th May 2017, 17:48
GMMegaFan GMMegaFan est actuellement connecté
Flawless

Thanked 1,153 Times in 366 Posts

Quote:
Where I Hope You Are and regret that the latter was never recorded as a single to be purchased - I have been wondering how its recipient might have taken the bit about his deceased parents. Then again, last February he showed he wasn't too familiar with its lyrics, so who knows.
In the NBC5 interviews, Kenny said he had never listened to "Where I Hope You are". Kenny was not musical, but still you would think if you lived for years with one of the top singers in the world, you would atleast develop some interest in his music. But he seemed very disconnected from that part of GMs life, even though he travelled with him during the 25Live tour.
Old 20th May 2017, 18:03
Flawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMegaFan View Post
In the NBC5 interviews, Kenny said he had never listened to "Where I Hope You are". Kenny was not musical, but still you would think if you lived for years with one of the top singers in the world, you would atleast develop some interest in his music. But he seemed very disconnected from that part of GMs life, even though he travelled with him during the 25Live tour.
He couldn't even remember a line from American Angel!
The Following User Says Thank You to Onemoretry For This Useful Post:
bettyblue (20th May 2017)
Old 20th May 2017, 19:10
Flawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onemoretry View Post
George wrote Amazing when he first met Kenny. Kenny did not have a good relationship with his parents, who his brother described as "dysfunctional alcoholics"
I know that. Both KG and his brother Tim made it public at least in 2005 (I don't know whether they had publicly said that before, though): https://www.dallasnews.com/arts/visu...george-michael

Nonetheless I just wondered how to find that saddening angle of his own life being put so clearly into a song - and it was such a popular single besides - could be painless for KG.
I feel no sympathy at all for the guy after his recent Sun tales but that's something I respect a lot. He obviously had no fault for having that kind of parents (and his brother has depicted their childhood and adolescence as having been some sort of nightmare precisely because of that).

P.S. I'm not so sure about Amazing havin been written by George when he first met him (1996), since he talks about his mother in past time and KG's mother died in the year 2000.
Old 20th May 2017, 19:57
qp65 qp65 est déconnecté
Flawless

Quote:
I know that. Both KG and his brother Tim made it public at least in 2005 (I don't know whether they had publicly said that before, though): https://www.dallasnews.com/arts/visu...george-michael

Nonetheless I just wondered how to find that saddening angle of his own life being put so clearly into a song - and it was such a popular single besides - could be painless for KG.
I feel no sympathy at all for the guy after his recent Sun tales but that's something I respect a lot. He obviously had no fault for having that kind of parents (and his brother has depicted their childhood and adolescence as having been some sort of nightmare precisely because of that).

P.S. I'm not so sure about Amazing havin been written by George when he first met him (1996), since he talks about his mother in past time and KG's mother died in the year 2000.
In the MTV interview in 2004 after George released Patience, he mentioned that he wrote most of the song about 5 years ago, which would be 1999. He probably did some revision afterwards.

I agree that the lyrics of Amazing are pretty heavy for a celebratory song. The melody pf the song is very catchy, and so I did not pay too much attention to that song until recently. I have always loved the line, "I think it's amazing, The way that love can you set you free"
Old 20th May 2017, 20:02
qp65 qp65 est déconnecté
Flawless

Kenny's recent interview made me wonder what exactly triggered their final splitting. From what we know now, Kenny's alcohol problems got worse after his parents died in the early 2000s? GM showed sign of troubles from 2005-, and then toured from 2006 to 2008. So they split in early 2009. Was it because both got worse in terms of addition? Given their problems, they stayed together for a pretty long time.
Old 20th May 2017, 20:02
Flawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by qp65 View Post
In the MTV interview in 2004 after George released Patience, he mentioned that he wrote most of the song about 5 years ago, which would be 1999. He probably did some revision afterwards.

I agree that the lyrics of Amazing are pretty heavy for a celebratory song. The melody pf the song is very catchy, and so I did not pay too much attention to that song until recently. I have always loved the line, "I think it's amazing, The way that love can you set you free"
The whole lyric is full of beautiful images. I just love, among others, the image of George's reflection - like some sort of modern day Narcissus - that begs him not to let go that chance.

Last edited by bettyblue; 21st May 2017 at 03:02..
The Following User Says Thank You to bettyblue For This Useful Post:
pas1974 (20th May 2017)