George Michael Forums

Go Back   George Michael Forums > George Michael > News

Old 21st May 2017, 01:52
pas1974 pas1974 est déconnecté
Cowboy or Angel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onemoretry View Post
Kenny looked angry, and upset. He showed up half way through the press conference, which I think is what George was referring to as "showed up unannounced".
No, in that text to Stagg, George said K showed up unannounced after the press conference and that he turned up everyday (I suppose at home).
But indeed during the conference he looked upset, as if he didn't want to be there (maybe he was asked to be there just to keep the image of them still being together at the time).
The Following User Says Thank You to pas1974 For This Useful Post:
GMthx (21st May 2017)
Old 21st May 2017, 02:55
Onemoretry Onemoretry est actuellement connecté
Flawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas1974 View Post
No, in that text to Stagg, George said K showed up unannounced after the press conference and that he turned up everyday (I suppose at home).
But indeed during the conference he looked upset, as if he didn't want to be there (maybe he was asked to be there just to keep the image of them still being together at the time).
I don't think George knew when he got there, or even realized he was there, until it was over. If he wanted to keep up an image, he would have walked over to him, to be seen and photographed together. He never once looked over that way, during the press conference. If he did know he was there, when it was over, George got up and walked in the opposite direction, then eventually Kenny followed. George was already seeing Fadi at this point, and they went public a few months later.

Last edited by Onemoretry; 21st May 2017 at 03:41..
Old 21st May 2017, 03:07
Onemoretry Onemoretry est actuellement connecté
Flawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbiejo View Post
It had been posted a while back, that Kenny found more drugs after George had told him that he had stopped taking drugs. I can't recall if Paul Stag or someone else had said that. But supposedly, that was the cause of Kenny's leaving.

George had not always been truthful. He lied for about 2 yrs by saying that Kenny and he were still together when they had actually broken up. The lyrics to the song "Where I Hope You Are" seem to indicate that George was responsible for the break up. We probably never will know what actually happened. It appears that they still remained close and kept in contact. There were some rumors that they were getting back together before George passed away. But we will never know for certain.
It was Paul Stagg. Those rumors, were just that. Kenny denied them, he had moved to LA to be with his new boyfriend. They did not remain close, for a few years, initially. They saw one another at Roman Kemps birthday party, and resumed a friendship.

Last edited by Onemoretry; 21st May 2017 at 16:21..
Old 21st May 2017, 10:29
pas1974 pas1974 est déconnecté
Cowboy or Angel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbiejo View Post
It had been posted a while back, that Kenny found more drugs after George had told him that he had stopped taking drugs. I can't recall if Paul Stag or someone else had said that. But supposedly, that was the cause of Kenny's leaving.

George had not always been truthful. He lied for about 2 yrs by saying that Kenny and he were still together when they had actually broken up. The lyrics to the song "Where I Hope You Are" seem to indicate that George was responsible for the break up. We probably never will know what actually happened. It appears that they still remained close and kept in contact. There were some rumors that they were getting back together before George passed away. But we will never know for certain.
Which lyric exactly?
Old 21st May 2017, 11:17
ladyjayne ladyjayne est actuellement connecté
Flawless

Thanked 1,092 Times in 332 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas1974 View Post
Which lyric exactly?
I wondered that too - the lyrics read exactly the opposite way to me. G is sorry and sad but Kenny's alcoholism brought about the end and his parents 'won', but he wishes Kenny well. I don't read any acceptance of blame here.
The Following User Says Thank You to ladyjayne For This Useful Post:
pas1974 (21st May 2017)
Old 21st May 2017, 14:37
GMfan87' GMfan87' est déconnecté
Flawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onemoretry View Post
That's a different discussion. I was addressing the question as to what happened to cause the break up.

"Sometimes people should know when their demons are more interested in each other, than they are"
Ok , and it was a relationship with many problems on both sides , mostly due to addiction it sounds like . At least GM was able to put it in the past and maintain a friendship with KG.
Old 21st May 2017, 20:36
bobbiejo bobbiejo est déconnecté
Star People

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyjayne View Post
I wondered that too - the lyrics read exactly the opposite way to me. G is sorry and sad but Kenny's alcoholism brought about the end and his parents 'won', but he wishes Kenny well. I don't read any acceptance of blame here.
George, repeatedly sang "I'm so sorry in the song". There is a lyric "my life got bad for you". Towards the end, he sang a lyric "But it can happen, I've been told. Sometimes, babe, drunken angels stumble home.

Those lyrics show that George took some of the responsibility for the relationship ending and that maybe some day his drunken angel, Kenny might find his way back home to George.

Those lyrics seem to support what supposedly Paul Stag said about Kenny leaving George.

But discussing this is all speculation as we will never know the complete truth about the reason for the break up.

To me the saddest thing was to watch George perform the song and see him cry. That shows how much the relationship had meant to him.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bobbiejo For This Useful Post:
GMMegaFan (22nd May 2017), Katra (21st May 2017), whamhamster (23rd May 2017), Whamtastic (21st May 2017)