George Michael Forums

Go Back   George Michael Forums > George Michael > News

Old 17th August 2017, 00:07
GMfan87' GMfan87' est déconnecté
Flawless

Thanked 1,696 Times in 813 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepBlueDee View Post
Agreed!!! Very jealous! Still a bucket-list band for me, too.
Saw them on their Elevation tour back in 2000. Very good . Hope you get to catch them
The Following User Says Thank You to GMfan87' For This Useful Post:
DeepBlueDee (17th August 2017)
Old 17th August 2017, 00:41
GreekGirl GreekGirl est déconnecté
Flawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMfan87' View Post
I'm jealous , it was an impossible ticket here in the east coast ! Would of really liked to have went . But yes U2 is one of the few remaining real rock n' roll bands , still recording , doing some of the best live shows besides Bruce & ESB.
Impossible ticket for us here in Toronto too....

I'm dating myself, but I saw the original U2 Joshua Tree tour in October 1987 at Exhibition Stadium in Toronto. My Greek godfather (I have the best godfather! ) had entertainment connections and was able to secure 9 tickets for me. I took 8 of my closest girlfriends and we sweet talked some security guards into giving us access to the floor in front of the stage. I recall that Bono had hurt his arm and was wearing a sling that night, but he was simply a phenomenal showman. His voice just soared. I remember how great the concert was to this day.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GreekGirl For This Useful Post:
EvenOlder (17th August 2017), GMfan87' (17th August 2017), ladyjayne (17th August 2017)
Old 17th August 2017, 00:45
GMfan87' GMfan87' est déconnecté
Flawless

Thanked 1,696 Times in 813 Posts

So jealous of you now ! Great experience, good for you.
The Following User Says Thank You to GMfan87' For This Useful Post:
backforwood88 (17th August 2017)
Old 17th August 2017, 00:49
Bobby101 Bobby101 est déconnecté
Star People

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekGirl View Post

I'm dating myself, but I saw the original U2 Joshua Tree tour in October 1987 at Exhibition Stadium in Toronto. My Greek godfather (I have the best godfather! ) had entertainment connections and was able to secure 9 tickets for me. I took 8 of my closest girlfriends and we sweet talked some security guards into giving us access to the floor in front of the stage. I recall that Bono had hurt his arm and was wearing a sling that night, but he was simply a phenomenal showman. His voice just soared. I remember how great the concert was to this day.
Bono for sure is one of the all time great showman. I was astounded at how big and booming his vocals still were. He sounds better than ever.! His father was a trained tenor so guess he inherited it.!

He's such an enigmatic performer. We got right up the front 6 lines from the stage. It was an incredible concert. The performance of 'Bad' was a real stand out.

Ive seen U2 several times however this was the highlight. They are total masters of their craft. The Edges musicianship and the overall show of course is very impressive.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bobby101 For This Useful Post:
GMfan87' (17th August 2017)
Old 17th August 2017, 01:28
GMthx GMthx est actuellement connecté
Flawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekGirl View Post

Greek girl you have got to be kidding me! LOL. That was the first concert I was ever allowed to go to. CNE stadium. Bono with the sling. And my friends and I also got moved up to the section I believe stage right that had initially been reserved for the press but they opened up the extras. Sooo close! Otherwise we would have been far back. I remember I kept that ticket that the security put the yellow "x" on which sent us up to the front for the longest time. Little Steven opened up for them. I happily went to the Joshua tree anniversary concert too at the end of June this year. Brought back a lot of memories.
Old 17th August 2017, 04:32
SirLala SirLala est déconnecté
Flawless

Quote:
I strongly disagree that Faith is an overrated R&B Pop album. If all you heard on FAITH was Pop and/or R&B, I would respectfully suggest you give it another listen. Which I did, again and again, when it was released, until I wore one out and bought a second.
As for whether I think LWP is or is not a better album, it's really irrelevant to the survey link posted, and the comments I left there, as they are asking about the Best Albums Released In 1987.
Faith had only one dance-rock song that is Monkey but Faith is mostly a Pop album of sort which is fine, but there are better GM albums out there, Older, LWP hell even in my opinion, Patience is even better than faith.

Sorry for being off-topic earlier..
Old 17th August 2017, 05:52
DeepBlueDee DeepBlueDee est déconnecté
Flawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirLala View Post
Faith had only one dance-rock song that is Monkey but Faith is mostly a Pop album of sort which is fine, but there are better GM albums out there, Older, LWP hell even in my opinion, Patience is even better than faith.

Sorry for being off-topic earlier..
Again, you missed the point.(though I don't believe you actually did at all) It was not a question of what GM album is best, but what album released in 1987 is my favorite and why. You continue to stir the pot, just for the sake of it, seeking a reaction and attention, then pretending you have no idea what you did when called on it. Sorry, not engaging in this kind of crap with you again, as you have already shown you are not able to have a discussion or debate on a topic where someone doesn't agree with your opinion, without using other people's pilfered commentary to support your reasoning with rude condescension.
Old 17th August 2017, 06:20
Flawless

Quote:
Again, you missed the point.(though I don't believe you actually did at all) It was not a question of what GM album is best, but what album released in 1987 is my favorite and why. You continue to stir the pot, just for the sake of it, seeking a reaction and attention, then pretending you have no idea what you did when called on it. Sorry, not engaging in this kind of crap with you again, as you have already shown you are not able to have a discussion or debate on a topic where someone doesn't agree with your opinion, without using other people's pilfered commentary to support your reasoning with rude condescension.
What an minute?

What are you taking about? Faith was brought up because of your question of which I said Faith is overrated and there are better GM albums out there.. I don't know why your getting ****ed at me for a little harmless comment Sorry for not answering your question earlier, not need for the rudeness

To answer your question, I think MJ's Bad, George's Faith are the 1987's best.

Last edited by SirLala; 17th August 2017 at 06:34..
Old 17th August 2017, 06:35
Flawless

Prince's Sign o the times is also good.

Gmfan87, Was I honestly being rude?
Old 17th August 2017, 06:47
DeepBlueDee DeepBlueDee est déconnecté
Flawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirLala View Post
What an minute?

What are you taking about? Faith was brought up because of your question of which I said Faith is overrated and there are better GM albums out there.. I don't know why your getting ****ed at me for a little harmless comment Sorry for not answering your question earlier, not need for the rudeness

To answer your question, I think MJ's Bad, George's Faith are the 1987's best.
Right on time, and exactly as expected^
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepBlueDee
"You continue to stir the pot, just for the sake of it, seeking a reaction and attention, then pretending you have no idea what you did when called on it"
Neither I or anyone else posted a question. Another member posted a link to a survey I responded to. Period. End of story, and end of my engaging with you again.
Old 17th August 2017, 06:53
Flawless

Quote:
Right on time, and exactly as expected^
Neither I or anyone else posted a question. Another member posted a link to a survey I responded to. Period. End of story, and end of my engaging with you again.
I knew about the question.. I didn't answer it and brought up my comment, just because I go off topic didn't give you the right to go all ****ed at me... so I don't know why your making a big case out of something so little and petty.

And what pot? your the one that arguing with me for no reason, I know you need someone to rant on to ease your day but..I'm not in the mood...
Old 17th August 2017, 07:25
Flawless

Look DeepBlueDee... I really don't want tension between us again.
Old 17th August 2017, 11:32
Ibiza76 Ibiza76 est déconnecté
Star People

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMegaFan View Post
I think a lot of us would like to fill up this form for FAITH as one of the best albums of 1987:
Voted
https://www.theguardian.com/music/20...albums-of-1987
The Following User Says Thank You to Ibiza76 For This Useful Post:
GMMegaFan (17th August 2017)