George Michael Forums

Go Back   George Michael Forums > George Michael > News

Old 7th July 2017, 09:10
bettyblue bettyblue est déconnecté
Flawless

Thanked 1,958 Times in 653 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMegaFan View Post
Then with Phil Ramone passing away in March 2013, they had to work to release the Symphonica album in 2014. From 2013 to 2015, with his health problems how much work on this new album he did we don't know, if at all. In 2016, he was working on the documentary, LWP re-release and again on this album as Niall Flynn was saying. Kahane was saying in December 2016, GM played some new songs to him. Nile Rodgers mentioned a remix, was it for a new song?

Were these songs sufficiently finished for a new release? Would not his focus have been more on the documentary and release of LWP in March before concentrating fully on a new album. We can only keep our fingers crossed and hope....
We don't know how much work he did on the new album during that period but he definitely did some, according to Universal Music UK's boss David Joseph, who in early 2014 publicly enthused about having meetings with George who let him listen, from time to time, to new songs:

"... There is one song in particular that I've heard that is beyond exceptional. The lyrics are incredible, the way it's structured, just beautiful ... you're nicely invited to hear stuff, and he listens to comments ... the stuff I've heard is beyond exciting and it will be worth the wait ... I enjoy his company, and the company of his team, I enjoy the discussions and the debate, it's healthy ..."

http://georgemichaelforums.com/showthread.php?t=147945
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bettyblue For This Useful Post:
Fortheloveofyou (7th July 2017), GMMegaFan (7th July 2017), GoodFairy (7th July 2017)
Old 7th July 2017, 10:01
GoodFairy GoodFairy est déconnecté
Flawless

gosh guys, I love so much these 'Sherlok Holmes' dialogs, proofs and logic!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GoodFairy For This Useful Post:
bettyblue (7th July 2017), GMMegaFan (7th July 2017)
Old 7th July 2017, 13:14
GMMegaFan GMMegaFan est déconnecté
Flawless

Thanked 2,293 Times in 704 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettyblue View Post
"... There is one song in particular that I've heard that is beyond exceptional. The lyrics are incredible, the way it's structured, just beautiful ... you're nicely invited to hear stuff, and he listens to comments ... the stuff I've heard is beyond exciting and it will be worth the wait ... I enjoy his company, and the company of his team, I enjoy the discussions and the debate, it's healthy ..."
http://georgemichaelforums.com/showthread.php?t=147945
GM was definitely working on it. Given his pace of working are the songs finished enough to be released? As Andrew mentioned after he passed away, GM controlled his output very tightly. So what instructions are there regarding release of the songs posthumously, if at all. I think the record company could be the positive moving force to get the music released because of the huge potential commercial value for them. Hope they will make it happen.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GMMegaFan For This Useful Post:
bettyblue (7th July 2017), neko011 (7th July 2017)
Old 7th July 2017, 14:29
bettyblue bettyblue est déconnecté
Flawless

Thanked 1,958 Times in 653 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMegaFan View Post
GM was definitely working on it. Given his pace of working are the songs finished enough to be released? As Andrew mentioned after he passed away, GM controlled his output very tightly. So what instructions are there regarding release of the songs posthumously, if at all. I think the record company could be the positive moving force to get the music released because of the huge potential commercial value for them. Hope they will make it happen.
Let's not forget (otherwise I admit that I wouldn't be so hopeful at all) what David Austin told our French forum member Frédérique - whose username here is BANDIT - during a meeting they had in London last spring:

http://georgemichaelforums.com/showp...2&postcount=10

Quote:
When I read the French fan site report about that I tried to stifle my enthusiasm telling myself that it was just referred to the confirmed October release of both LWPV1 reissue and Freedom! documentary ... Nonetheless, and even more for me by reading it in its original French, it does look, re-reading it, like the two announces are separate and different from one another.
Actually David wouldn't have felt the need to specify that they won't "sell George's memory" (very appreciated, BTW), if he had been talking only of the two October-delayed projects which had already been announced when George was alive ... would he?

http://www.george-michael-news.com/2017/05/de-retour-de-highgate.html

Pour le futur, de très belles et grandes choses sont en préparation de façon posée et dans la qualité "comme avant", il n'est pas question de "vendre" la mémoire de George.

David a confirmé la sortie de l'album anniversaire de LISTEN WITHOUT PREJUDICE en Octobre, ainsi que du film documentaire FREEDOM ( avec une très belle interview de George) dans les salles de cinéma et à la télévision.
Quote:
Well, it's not something David Austin wrote. It's the Google Translate version, translated from French language, of what French fan Frédérique, who met him, wrote in her website about their London meeting.

Pour le futur, de très belles et grandes choses sont en préparation de façon posée et dans la qualité "comme avant", il n'est pas question de "vendre" la mémoire de George.

De façon posée can also be translated into "calmly and reasonably"; "in a sensible manner"; "without hurrying up"; "at a measured pace" ... i.e. "you've gotta be very patient before something new will come, but it'll eventually come".
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to bettyblue For This Useful Post:
BANDIT (7th July 2017), GM40fansince'89 (8th July 2017), GMMegaFan (7th July 2017), Guinness (18th July 2017), neko011 (7th July 2017), SirLala (7th July 2017), VigilanteMovie (7th July 2017)