George Michael Forums

Go Back   George Michael Forums > George Michael > News

Old 10th August 2017, 15:43
Guinness Guinness est déconnecté
Flawless

Dallas is the home of the Southfork range, a posh design. On the other hand there was George and Kenny's apartment with balcony in the trees. Could have been worth the visit to Dallas after all

I saw footage on youtube about their apartment. Great style indeed.
I thought is wat strange though that George was not in the footage and that the house was filmed from the inside. George was a very private man with all that public attention I heard/read. I love their styles. Strange that I also had a candles shaped lamp (no true candles I had to explain every once in a while) above the table. Their apartment was a true cosy house and still with a lot of art. I can imagine it is still a cosy home of Kenny.
I saw a balcony in the treetops. Cool. Reading bookies on a sunny breezy day, luring some local birds in those trees for some background sounds, music in the player and Cappuchino and I'd like to stay there for a while! ehe.... dream on! I recon there is airco though, and wifi ......? I cannot live without wifi.

xxxxx Guinness
Old 10th August 2017, 16:12
GMfan87' GMfan87' est actuellement connecté
Flawless

Thanked 1,715 Times in 822 Posts

Yes I visited Southfork , used to watch Dallas in reruns years ago so it was a real treat to see it . House inside is mostly different from what you saw on TV but the exterior and grounds are the same. You are referring to an apartment , didn't they only have a house that just sold ?
Old 11th August 2017, 02:30
GMthx GMthx est déconnecté
Flawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMfan87' View Post
Yes I visited Southfork , used to watch Dallas in reruns years ago so it was a real treat to see it . House inside is mostly different from what you saw on TV but the exterior and grounds are the same. You are referring to an apartment , didn't they only have a house that just sold ?
In about 2005 there was a feature of their condo with Kenny being interviewed. Not sure if they kept it or sold it when the house was purchased. George liked his privacy so maybe they owned both at the same time. Guinness definitely saw the same feature I did. I believe it was the Turtle Creek area. There were some funny phallic looking knick-knacks and some fun wall sculptures too if I recall correctly. Tiny bAlcony. Otherwise pretty dull browns and beiges. The lights above the dining room table might have been unusual in 2005 but pretty standard / common in any lighting store now - bunch of what was made to look like pillar candles clustered together. I was somewhat underwhelmed after seeing how beautiful George's other properties were inside. But it was early to mid 2000's timing and A condo vs a mansion.
Kenny stays in hotels when he visits Dallas now.
Kudos to anyone who can dig it up. I first saw this in the early days after George died. I can't locate it now. It seems buried underneath the media storm since. I think it may have even been a video/ walking tour through the condo. I think it was a part of the buzz Kenny was making when the gallery was coming together.
EDIT: found it
watch?v=EPKV53rxAwI

Last edited by EmilyPost; 11th August 2017 at 13:37.. Reason: tv clip
The Following User Says Thank You to GMthx For This Useful Post:
GMfan87' (11th August 2017)
Old 11th August 2017, 17:02
EmilyPost EmilyPost est déconnecté
#######

Thanked 25,981 Times in 7,383 Posts

The condo was here I think : http://www.vendomedallas.com
Old 11th August 2017, 22:43
Flawless

Kenny staying in a hotel in Dallas is not so cosy than an own home I guess. I hope he takes care for himself very well now. Hopefully he has cosy friends and family.
Anyways, the apartment building from the outside seems huge then. I just saw the inside somewhere on Youtube. It must be somewhere low on the building with the trees and all.

xxxxx Guinness
Old 12th August 2017, 18:40
heights91 heights91 est déconnecté
Flawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onemoretry View Post
Kenny went to rehab,twice. The first time was in 2003, for sleeping pills and alcohol, for 5 weeks in Arizona.I'm not sure of the year the second time. He said in the interview last week, he was drinking to sleep. He forgot to mention the sleeping pills. He said he was a MEAN DRUNK. He was asked in the first interview in Dallas, a month after Georges death, and again last week during This Morning, why they broke up. George said he broke up with Kenny, in the BBC interview, but never gave a reason. Kenny was evasive in both interviews, saying there was no real reason, there wasn't a fight, they weren't mad.

George sent a text to Paul Stag, after the Symphonica press conference, in May 2011, which was on a Wednesday, saying Kenny had shown up at the press conference, unannounced, messed with his head for an hour, Kenny had been coming around everyday, and was SO SCARED. The text was on a Wednesday.

George then announced in August 2011, he and Kenny had split 2.5 years prior. Kenny had his own substance issues, the MAIN one being alcohol and it was the SCARIEST thing he had ever seen. This man has brought me a lot of joy and a lot of pain. My love life has been a lot more turbulent than I've let on.
I always thought George broke up with Kenny and not the other way around. Kenny looked very possessive to me even in the PDA pictures. And mean drunks are often violent or at least volatile. I totally get being scared of a mean drunk. When Kenny showed up at the Symphonica press conference he looked very tense and George didn't acknowledge him. I get that too. When you have someone in your life who is unpredictable you try not to do anything to upset them. Almost frozen. At least George had Security. The one time he probably needed to be in public. I think George and Kenny behind closed doors was not safe for George. Probably mid to the end of the relationship at least. Just an instinct I get. I've been there. I read some comments by people who say that George was being vindictive when during the tour he said that Kenny had issues with alcohol. I see this differently. I think George was trying to explain why he had lied for two years. Kenny could hurt him in lots of ways. George had to finally speak his piece. It still made him sad but he got some of his power back and needed to stand up for himself.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to heights91 For This Useful Post:
BluenBaltimore (16th August 2017), duke (13th August 2017), GMMegaFan (13th August 2017), isilweth (12th August 2017), ladyjayne (12th August 2017), Nanabug (17th August 2017), Onemoretry (12th August 2017), pas1974 (14th August 2017)
Old 12th August 2017, 19:45
GMfan87' GMfan87' est actuellement connecté
Flawless

Thanked 1,715 Times in 822 Posts

Could of been mutual .. We don't know what went on but we know besides Kenny's addiction, George had many of his own .
The Following User Says Thank You to GMfan87' For This Useful Post:
heights91 (12th August 2017)
Old 12th August 2017, 19:50
Flawless

Whatever happened back then, I hope Kenny is taking care of himself like all of us should!
By taking care of yourself you can take care of others!

xxxxx Guinness
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Guinness For This Useful Post:
Heidi1 (14th August 2017), heights91 (12th August 2017), isilweth (12th August 2017), Love George Michael (13th August 2017)
Old 12th August 2017, 19:59
GreekGirl GreekGirl est actuellement connecté
Flawless

Thanks for sharing your sensitive insights, heights91. Sometimes it takes people a long time (if ever) to share aspects of their private story with others, especially if they are seen from the outside as having it all together. Perhaps this was in fact the case with George. He seemed to be a very proud man, and might have felt ashamed on some level to admit that his relationship had come to an end.

He was also an addict, and likely clinically depressed at times, and no doubt was a very difficult person to share one's life with as well....

The whole George-Kenny thing makes me think about ducks, strangely. From our vantage point as observers, when we see a duck floating serenely on the surface of a calm lake, it appears to be doing so rather effortlessly. However, just below the surface, that duck is paddling like crazy to stay afloat....
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to GreekGirl For This Useful Post:
BluenBaltimore (16th August 2017), Guinness (12th August 2017), Heidi1 (14th August 2017), heights91 (12th August 2017), isilweth (12th August 2017), ladyjayne (12th August 2017), Nanabug (17th August 2017), Onemoretry (12th August 2017), Penguin (14th August 2017)
Old 12th August 2017, 20:17
Flawless

.... and it feels like also the pond is leaking. Maybe all of us had such an experience of some sort every once in a while. I'd say, chin up, eat and drink good food, be with people and do things that give you energy instead of the ones that take your energy and there ....... you can jetski through that pond on duck flippers.

xxxx Guinness
The Following User Says Thank You to Guinness For This Useful Post:
Heidi1 (14th August 2017)
Old 13th August 2017, 06:08
Flawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilyPost View Post
The condo was here I think : http://www.vendomedallas.com
I see you removed my YouTube link. For those interested - go to YouTube and search Kenny goss apartment tour. What you posted right after has nothing of the interview and tour he gave.
Old 13th August 2017, 06:11
Flawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinness View Post
Kenny staying in a hotel in Dallas is not so cosy than an own home I guess. I hope he takes care for himself very well now. Hopefully he has cosy friends and family.
Anyways, the apartment building from the outside seems huge then. I just saw the inside somewhere on Youtube. It must be somewhere low on the building with the trees and all.

xxxxx Guinness
I posted a YouTube link forgetting that was not allowed. See my follow up post. It can indeed he found on YouTube and included an interview with Kenny.
Old 13th August 2017, 13:17
EmilyPost EmilyPost est déconnecté
#######

Thanked 25,981 Times in 7,383 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMthx View Post
I see you removed my YouTube link. For those interested - go to YouTube and search Kenny goss apartment tour. What you posted right after has nothing of the interview and tour he gave.
TV clips/programs uploaded by fans who do not own the copyright are prohibited which is why it was removed.

Refer to forum rule #7.
Old 14th August 2017, 06:13
Flawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekGirl View Post
Thanks for sharing your sensitive insights, heights91. Sometimes it takes people a long time (if ever) to share aspects of their private story with others, especially if they are seen from the outside as having it all together. Perhaps this was in fact the case with George. He seemed to be a very proud man, and might have felt ashamed on some level to admit that his relationship had come to an end.

He was also an addict, and likely clinically depressed at times, and no doubt was a very difficult person to share one's life with as well....

The whole George-Kenny thing makes me think about ducks, strangely. From our vantage point as observers, when we see a duck floating serenely on the surface of a calm lake, it appears to be doing so rather effortlessly. However, just below the surface, that duck is paddling like crazy to stay afloat....
Been around ducks. But never close enough underwater to see their feet paddling. Its a very compelling image.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to heights91 For This Useful Post:
GreekGirl (14th August 2017), Heidi1 (14th August 2017)
Old 15th August 2017, 05:07
Flawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekGirl View Post

And thank you also for your kind words. I'm in a good place now but as I said I've been there. And I guess I'm just biased about George but I have never seen or read anything ever about George being violent. He was loud and opinionated for sure. But he was peace loving as evidenced by his many interviews (his Hard Talk interview being my very favorite). And difficult to live with but never more difficult than to live with himself.

Last edited by heights91; 15th August 2017 at 05:17..
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to heights91 For This Useful Post:
bettyblue (18th August 2017), GMfan87' (15th August 2017), GMMegaFan (15th August 2017), GoodFairy (15th August 2017)