George Michael Forums

Go Back   George Michael Forums > George Michael > News

Old 19th July 2016, 09:43
HSL HSL est déconnecté

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notorious View Post
If the LWP remaster/re-release in Sep is not a double set including LWP2, it will be a full on disappointment.

Marketing the re-release as “including the legendary unreleased volume 2” would certainly greatly add to attention/sales and pave the way to re-launching his career (once again). Just remastering/re-releasing it wont gain much attention and only sales to the die hard audiophiles out there. A further SuperDeluxe package including both volumes and the ‘cover to cover’ blue ray & CD would be the way to go, in a luxurious box set, with possible inclusion of heavy weight vinyl for both volumes, glossy informative book etc [great photos around that time] would certainly draw in all the diehards [as I assume all who are still here are]. Anything else, once again, a missed opportunity. Anyone disagree?
What songs would LWP2 include though? If it's not new then what's the point
Old 20th July 2016, 07:15
Notorious Notorious est déconnecté

Well, we all know for sure it was Too Funky, Happy, Do You Really Want to Know, Crazyman Dance, but that’s only 4 tracks. Still leave at least another 4 tracks – we have a very average quality Disco out there, and some other bits and pieces that were possibly demoded for the album. There is scope for another 3-4 unreleased tracks – possibly more!
Old 21st July 2016, 01:42
Parklife Parklife est déconnecté
Flawless

Quote:
Well, we all know for sure it was Too Funky, Happy, Do You Really Want to Know, Crazyman Dance, but that’s only 4 tracks. Still leave at least another 4 tracks – we have a very average quality Disco out there, and some other bits and pieces that were possibly demoded for the album. There is scope for another 3-4 unreleased tracks – possibly more!
This kind of love could make it on perhaps ....and maybe the morcheeba track?
Old 21st July 2016, 02:44
jacksonkelly jacksonkelly est déconnecté
Star People

I heard it was going to be half dance tracks and half C2C.
So I'd add: Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me/I Believe/Calling You/Killer, Papa/Tonight.
Old 21st July 2016, 06:39
Parklife Parklife est déconnecté
Flawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksonkelly View Post
I heard it was going to be half dance tracks and half C2C.
So I'd add: Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me/I Believe/Calling You/Killer, Papa/Tonight.
I don't think he'd release an album with so many covers...unless it was a covers album.
Old 21st July 2016, 09:25
Star People

I can't recall where I heard it, to be honest, so I can't say for 100 per cent sure that that would have been the case. But I think it was more that he was to include recordings from his latest concert, which just happened to be covers.
I do recall an interview with Paul Young at the time who said that George was planning to include Calling You on the album (Paul released his version of the song around the same time). And I imagine the Elton John duet may have made it.
He's released various live recordings as B-sides in the past so I don't think it would be all that surprising.
Old 21st July 2016, 10:42
Notorious Notorious est déconnecté

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksonkelly View Post
I can't recall where I heard it, to be honest, so I can't say for 100 per cent sure that that would have been the case. But I think it was more that he was to include recordings from his latest concert, which just happened to be covers.
I do recall an interview with Paul Young at the time who said that George was planning to include Calling You on the album (Paul released his version of the song around the same time). And I imagine the Elton John duet may have made it.
He's released various live recordings as B-sides in the past so I don't think it would be all that surprising.
Very doubtful vol 2 was going to include live cuts as it was to be an uptempo counterpart to the more sombre vol 1. Only possible exception is the "live" 'Killer/Papa' as it wouldn't be out of place on the end of a studio dance album.

There were a lot of different iterations rumoured thereafter, possibly fuelled by Sony trying to put together an 'album' of some sort after the dispute put a stop to George wanting to release new material through them. His intention for vol 2 however certainly would not have been a mish mash of contemporary dance material and downtempo live covers.
Old 22nd July 2016, 05:16
timtom3x timtom3x est déconnecté
Flawless

Did anyone else hear that Star People was originally recorded for LWP 2? Not the Older version, but what I call the "Members Online" version because that's where I originally heard it, way back in the late 90's on Aegean.net. The version that has the break in the middle where he says, "When I grow up, I want to be someone..."
Old 24th July 2016, 08:31
Star People

Quote:
Very doubtful vol 2 was going to include live cuts as it was to be an uptempo counterpart to the more sombre vol 1. Only possible exception is the "live" 'Killer/Papa' as it wouldn't be out of place on the end of a studio dance album.

There were a lot of different iterations rumoured thereafter, possibly fuelled by Sony trying to put together an 'album' of some sort after the dispute put a stop to George wanting to release new material through them. His intention for vol 2 however certainly would not have been a mish mash of contemporary dance material and downtempo live covers.
You may well be right. An uptempo album was the original plan, I believe. Although LWP Vol 1 included 2 uptempo tracks so I think he could have included a couple on slower numbers on Vol 2. Perhaps not more than that, as you say. I just wonder if he would have released any remaining tracks from LWP Vol 2 elsewhere, like he did with the 3 tracks on the Red Hot and Dance album, along with the Too Funky B-side. I could just see him deciding to add concert tracks as he is notoriously lazy. 5 of his last 6 albums have been 2 Greatest Hits albums, a covers album, a live album (with mainly covers), and Faith 25.
Old 24th July 2016, 08:40
Star People

This isn't mine but someone's idea of a track listing I saw online. I think a couple of these may have been intended for Trojan Souls.

01-Too Funky
02-Disco
03-Happy
04-So Damn Hard
05-Do You Really Want To Know?
06-Crazyman Dance
07-Pieces (instrumental)
08-Killer/Papa
09-Lonely Nights
10-Fantasy
11-Safe
12-Calling You (live)
13-Day And Night
14-Tonight (live)
15-Thank You
Old 28th July 2016, 16:56
bluegangsta bluegangsta est déconnecté
Young Gun

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluegangsta For This Useful Post:
LoicV (29th July 2016), Tigger1 (28th July 2016)
Old 28th July 2016, 17:17
HSL HSL est déconnecté

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegangsta View Post
DLTSGDOm was actually recorded at Earls Court not Wembley.
Old 28th July 2016, 19:48
hugh jass hugh jass est déconnecté

I think it was Wembley
Old 28th July 2016, 22:15
Seba.GM Seba.GM est déconnecté
old fan and collector

Thanked 1,591 Times in 485 Posts

yes it was Wembley

If you are the desert
I'll be the sea
If you ever hunger
Hunger for me
Whatever you ask for
That's what I'll be
Old 29th July 2016, 11:18
bluegangsta bluegangsta est déconnecté
Young Gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSL View Post
DLTSGDOm was actually recorded at Earls Court not Wembley.
It was recorded on the 23rd of March 1991, at Wembley.