George Michael Forums

Go Back   George Michael Forums > George Michael > News

Old 6th August 2016, 12:57
BANDIT BANDIT est déconnecté
Flawless

Thanked 2,239 Times in 467 Posts

What I understand when reading the official website latest news is :
They are searching for everything rare from Wham! andeverything rare from George Michael from 88 to 96.
22/09/2011 - Symphonica - Nice

14/10/2012 - Symphonica - London
Old 6th August 2016, 14:52
Seba.GM Seba.GM est déconnecté
old fan and collector

Thanked 1,591 Times in 485 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANDIT View Post
They are searching for everything rare from Wham! andeverything rare from George Michael from 88 to 96.
Correct Bandit, 2 different projects are on the way ...

If you are the desert
I'll be the sea
If you ever hunger
Hunger for me
Whatever you ask for
That's what I'll be
The Following User Says Thank You to Seba.GM For This Useful Post:
BANDIT (6th August 2016)
Old 6th August 2016, 16:55
qp65 qp65 est déconnecté
Flawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANDIT View Post
This is also how I read into the statement.
The period of 88 to 96 is when GM was in his prime both creatively and vocally, IMO. If sth can be released with the major inputs from that era, it would be great.
The Following User Says Thank You to qp65 For This Useful Post:
BANDIT (6th August 2016)
Old 6th August 2016, 17:08
qp65 qp65 est déconnecté
Flawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parklife View Post
Has he screwed us all around? I'm not sure. We are the ones speculating about this and that. He went silent and has said nothing for 3 years....probably because he's just not very well and cant cope with us/press, whatever. Why should he have to explain before he is ready? That alone would bring more pressure and interest in him which he can do without. His team or people around him have more to gain from any of this than him so they are keeping feelers out to keep some interest going in him. Clearly the man we all know would not let these "mistakes" happen so he clearly has nothing to do with it or isn't well enough to care IMHO.
Looking back, Symphonica is probably really a gift from GM to his fans as he was not likely in good condition (depression?) as he did not even participate in his own promotion parties. I hope that he is getting much better now.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to qp65 For This Useful Post:
Angelfish (7th August 2016), Parklife (7th August 2016), Sami (8th August 2016), Seba.GM (6th August 2016)
Old 6th August 2016, 23:41
WhamMan WhamMan est déconnecté

Thanked 1,105 Times in 366 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parklife View Post
Has he screwed us all around?
People who think like me - yes.

People who think like you - no.

Anyway, that debate will be boring yet again. The point is the original poster seemed a bit troubled by George and I was more interested in suggesting they let it go.
The Following User Says Thank You to WhamMan For This Useful Post:
Angelfish (7th August 2016)
Old 7th August 2016, 22:05
Angelfish Angelfish est déconnecté
Flawless

Default Hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamMan View Post
People who think like me - yes.

People who think like you - no.

Anyway, that debate will be boring yet again. The point is the original poster seemed a bit troubled by George and I was more interested in suggesting they let it go.
Thank you, WhamMan for having acknowledged my post, (It is me you're referring to, I thought after posting, why didn't I just sign up, so, I did, but then couldn't access for a bit while it was processed).

Hi. I'm akward and new here. Hadn't ever known there was a GM forum until recently. Certainly don't want to stir up any disagreements between anyone.
I think you both have valid feelings on it all, but unless George lets people know what's been going on with him, it's seems unfair to judge.

I wonder if he's a bit between a rock and a hard place when it comes to any official statements. If they say too little, or too much, it would only generate questions and media attention that have finally diminished. For all we know he may be in a situation that makes him feel very guilty. He knows he has a lot of concerned fans and may feel he's letting people down, but he's got to do what's best for him.

I remember how shaken I was after watching that interview after he was home from the hospital. I wondered why he did that while still in such a fragile state. (A deeply emotional feeling of responsibility seemed most likely to me.) I hadn't even known he'd been so ill until after he was out of the hospital. Maybe in the US there wasn't heavy coverage of it?

In the meantime... This recent request has his loyal fans taking time out of their lives to happily dig through old storage bins and closets for 30 year old media to offer. I hope it's truly at his request. If so whatever he is doing, I'm sure will be quite a huge thank you to all his 'lovelies'. (Just hope it doesn't take too long.)
Old 8th August 2016, 15:19
Unregistered

Default News on the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seba.GM View Post
Correct Bandit, 2 different projects are on the way ...
Hi everyone
i can confirm us the news are on the way... something new is coming soon...
two projects are coming , one this year and more next year....
Old 12th August 2016, 13:12
Amazone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelfish View Post
Thank you, WhamMan for having acknowledged my post, (It is me you're referring to, I thought after posting, why didn't I just sign up, so, I did, but then couldn't access for a bit while it was processed).

Hi. I'm akward and new here. Hadn't ever known there was a GM forum until recently. Certainly don't want to stir up any disagreements between anyone.
I think you both have valid feelings on it all, but unless George lets people know what's been going on with him, it's seems unfair to judge.

I wonder if he's a bit between a rock and a hard place when it comes to any official statements. If they say too little, or too much, it would only generate questions and media attention that have finally diminished. For all we know he may be in a situation that makes him feel very guilty. He knows he has a lot of concerned fans and may feel he's letting people down, but he's got to do what's best for him.

I remember how shaken I was after watching that interview after he was home from the hospital. I wondered why he did that while still in such a fragile state. (A deeply emotional feeling of responsibility seemed most likely to me.) I hadn't even known he'd been so ill until after he was out of the hospital. Maybe in the US there wasn't heavy coverage of it?

In the meantime... This recent request has his loyal fans taking time out of their lives to happily dig through old storage bins and closets for 30 year old media to offer. I hope it's truly at his request. If so whatever he is doing, I'm sure will be quite a huge thank you to all his 'lovelies'. (Just hope it doesn't take too long.)
WOW; you write so much i cant even read so fast...
Old 12th August 2016, 13:22
Amazone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan View Post
wasnt there that interview with that universal exec that his album of new material and george himself said it would come out before hes 53? is that not happening now?
Dont you watch his official Site? There is a sweeet kitty btw.
Old 14th August 2016, 09:25
Flawless

Default George 'bouncing back' article

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazone View Post
WOW; you write so much i cant even read so fast...
I have to type very slowly. One hand and a tablet. Sometimes I come back to things later.

So.. Don't worry about the speed of reading it lol.

Anyway...There's nothing 'new' in this article, exactly, stuff we know but it is interesting that it appears newly written and they published it today.

Perhaps a hint that he's planning to 'bounce' again soon?

https://www.the-newshub.com/music/ge...-bouncing-back

Last edited by Angelfish; 14th August 2016 at 09:39..
Old 15th August 2016, 18:16
Older445 Older445 est déconnecté
Flawless

http://www.google.com/translate?u=ht...&hl=fr&ie=UTF8

"Contacted by Metro UK, the press secretary George Michael has denied:

"There is no documentary in progress on Wham! There are other projects that are coming and
announcements will be made in due course"
But we'll take our chances
Because god's stopped keeping score.
The Following User Says Thank You to Older445 For This Useful Post:
Angelfish (15th August 2016)
Old 16th August 2016, 12:40
Oliver Park Oliver Park est déconnecté

Default something new

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi everyone
i can confirm us the news are on the way... something new is coming soon...
two projects are coming , one this year and more next year....
We all would like to know how you can be so sure. We have a lot of best-knowers in the past (including me by the way) and nothing happened. So how can you know...don't make hope to all of us without knowing exactly and thruthfully
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Oliver Park For This Useful Post:
Angelfish (16th August 2016), mariasiv (17th August 2016), Older445 (16th August 2016), webmaster (16th August 2016)
Old 16th August 2016, 19:41
Toto Toto est actuellement connecté

Thanked 1,307 Times in 108 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Older445 View Post
http://www.google.com/translate?u=ht...&hl=fr&ie=UTF8

"Contacted by Metro UK, the press secretary George Michael has denied:

"There is no documentary in progress on Wham! There are other projects that are coming and
announcements will be made in due course"

Link to that Metro article is here:

http://metro.co.uk/2016/08/15/sorry-...r-all-6068777/
Earls Court - 25/11/06 ... Wembley Arena - 11/12/06, 15/12/06, 17/12/06 ... Wembley Stadium - 09/06/07, 10/06/07 ... Earls Court - 24/08/08, 25/08/08 ... RAH - 25/10/11, 29/10/11 ... RAH - 29/09/12 ... Earls Court - 13/10/12, 14/10/12, 17/10/12

Every single night was awesome!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Toto For This Useful Post:
Older445 (16th August 2016)
Old 17th August 2016, 12:33
cowboysandangels cowboysandangels est déconnecté

I still think an LWP remaster/boxed-set was probably originally planned for last year (25th anniversary) rather than this year - a 26th anniversary project is just odd.

There are several members on here who are almost conspicuous through their absence of comments on this topic - my guess is they are as bored with it all as I am - George's team will continue to play their games and there's little point in speculation until they make some firm and clear announcements.

Overall personally I just feel an overwhelming sense of sadness about anything to do with George anymore. Sadness on two fronts. Firstly for him. Clearly he's not been well for a while and I have only wished him the best of health and wellbeing for some years now.

Secondly, sadness for what we've lost. There was a time (decades ago now) when his thoughts, opinions, interviews, as well as his musical output of course, were hugely impressive. I fear that's probably gone forever now.
The Following User Says Thank You to cowboysandangels For This Useful Post:
Angelfish (17th August 2016)
Old 17th August 2016, 22:07
Flawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboysandangels View Post
I still think an LWP remaster/boxed-set was probably originally planned for last year (25th anniversary) rather than this year - a 26th anniversary project is just odd.

There are several members on here who are almost conspicuous through their absence of comments on this topic - my guess is they are as bored with it all as I am - George's team will continue to play their games and there's little point in speculation until they make some firm and clear announcements.

Overall personally I just feel an overwhelming sense of sadness about anything to do with George anymore. Sadness on two fronts. Firstly for him. Clearly he's not been well for a while and I have only wished him the best of health and wellbeing for some years now.

Secondly, sadness for what we've lost. There was a time (decades ago now) when his thoughts, opinions, interviews, as well as his musical output of course, were hugely impressive. I fear that's probably gone forever now.
Sigh.

The recent media circus is so absurd. Been so much stirred up lately.
Can't help wonder why. But yeah, until it's really 'officially' announced I won't begin to believe it.

I just hope he's as well as can be, and that I at least get to see/hear the oddly timed LWP release.

If that's released and he says nothing about it himself, ugh.