George Michael Forums

Go Back   George Michael Forums > George Michael > News

Old 20th December 2016, 17:53
Fennris Fennris est déconnecté
Holistic Haberdasher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parklife View Post
But the thing is he still has an awful lot of fans who care very much. Certainly enough to get an album to number one in quite a few countries. That's sucessful for most artists. As Notorious says the promotion would be to increase that and reach out to non fans or people who may have liked him once and given up. So I half agree with you in that he needs some promotion to do himself justice so non fans hear the album but he doesn't need it for it to do reasonably well sales wise.
Oh, there's little doubt in my mind that it will be a success among fans, but if he has any hopes of reaching a new audience, he will need lots of promotion. Maybe George doesn't even care about that though. Frankly, as long as it's good I couldn't care less about what the newer generation thinks about it.
Parklife (20th December 2016)
Old 20th December 2016, 18:30
Amazone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelfish View Post
Yeah hard to imagine GM not being involved in the production.
I personally don't expect anything from GM.com unless they're about to drop a song/record.

But I check now and then to see if anything is up.
Quote:
I think he could hold his own without the duets. (Personally I think he should. But just my opinion.) If the album is good, it's gonna do well in Europe /UK (and do ok even if it's not) I really hope you're right about the style of a new album. I think trying to sound like the current pop artists would be a travesty.
HAve you heard btw. "Real Love" by the Duet GM and Mutya Buena?
Old 20th December 2016, 21:26
Notorious Notorious est déconnecté

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fennris View Post
Oh, there's little doubt in my mind that it will be a success among fans, but if he has any hopes of reaching a new audience, he will need lots of promotion. Maybe George doesn't even care about that though. Frankly, as long as it's good I couldn't care less about what the newer generation thinks about it.
Totally agree. I actually hope he’s beyond caring about success in terms of sales, and puts his effort into what really counts – the music (sounding like its 1990 all over again!). I also believe he compromises his talent/music by trying to write for a wider audience. Kinda feels like he dumbs it all down. Oh well . . time will hopefully tell.
The Following User Says Thank You to Notorious For This Useful Post:
Angelfish (21st December 2016)
Old 21st December 2016, 00:31
Parklife Parklife est déconnecté
Flawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notorious View Post
Totally agree. I actually hope he’s beyond caring about success in terms of sales, and puts his effort into what really counts – the music (sounding like its 1990 all over again!). I also believe he compromises his talent/music by trying to write for a wider audience. Kinda feels like he dumbs it all down. Oh well . . time will hopefully tell.
Agree ..back to GM basics would be wonderful. He is timeless (and at his best) when he does that.
Old 21st December 2016, 20:36
KojiTaku KojiTaku est déconnecté
GMFs-unfit

Xmas

Quote:
http://metro.co.uk/2016/12/20/video-...thing-6334035/ So naughty Boy has a new album due in April, and supposedly GM will be in one of the songs. But then he adds 'hopefully'
"It’s out in April. I’ve got a couple of songs, one with Mike Posner, one with DNCE on the album. Shawn Mendes, George Michael hopefully will be on there. I just wanted to make it eclectic. New artists, current, links to the past."
hmm, well let's hope too!
Quote:
Collab on someone else's album full of current pop stars? Pretty easy way to get noticed again, and to the younger crowd.
Yes and he wouldn't have to promote it! The others could do that...
The Following User Says Thank You to KojiTaku For This Useful Post:
LoicV (25th December 2016)
Old 2nd July 2017, 06:11
timtom3x timtom3x est déconnecté
Flawless

Default George's new song is imminent

So apparently the release of George's collaboration with Naughty Boy is imminent:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrit...efore-10721747
Old 2nd July 2017, 06:18
Flawless

Sorry, I just noticed this was mentioned in another thread. Excuse me.
Old 2nd July 2017, 06:44
GMMegaFan GMMegaFan est déconnecté
Flawless

Thanked 2,293 Times in 704 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by timtom3x View Post
Sorry, I just noticed this was mentioned in another thread. Excuse me.
We are all super excited that is why. As soon as I saw the article I wanted to post the link and did a quick check and saw yog_63 had beaten me to it
This is interesting from Naughty Boy: “I just wish George was here to tell me what he thought of it. I’m sad I never got to meet him.”
Does this mean he never met GM in person? Nile Rodgers also mentioned being in GM's house before Christmas and working with him, then later he said he did not meet him in person.
The Following User Says Thank You to GMMegaFan For This Useful Post:
DeepBlueDee (2nd July 2017)
Old 2nd July 2017, 07:12
DeepBlueDee DeepBlueDee est actuellement connecté
Flawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMegaFan View Post
We are all super excited that is why. As soon as I saw the article I wanted to post the link and did a quick check and saw yog_63 had beaten me to it
This is interesting from Naughty Boy: “I just wish George was here to tell me what he thought of it. I’m sad I never got to meet him.”
Does this mean he never met GM in person? Nile Rodgers also mentioned being in GM's house before Christmas and working with him, then later he said he did not meet him in person.
I noticed that too. Working in the studio together but never met him? Sounds kind of contradictory to me. Didn't know Niles was quoted as saying he hadn't met him either. Definitely bizarre, but with all the electronic capabilities we have these days, I suppose it's possible. Would be kind of sad though, to have released a record you collaborated on with George Michael and not even been in the same room.
The Following User Says Thank You to DeepBlueDee For This Useful Post:
GMMegaFan (2nd July 2017)
Old 2nd July 2017, 13:51
Flawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepBlueDee View Post
I noticed that too. Working in the studio together but never met him? Sounds kind of contradictory to me. Didn't know Niles was quoted as saying he hadn't met him either. Definitely bizarre, but with all the electronic capabilities we have these days, I suppose it's possible. Would be kind of sad though, to have released a record you collaborated on with George Michael and not even been in the same room.
I guess you can do that in this day and age. People work from all kinds of remote locations without seeing each other ever. I do that all the time. Felt kind of sad reading it though
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GMMegaFan For This Useful Post:
DeepBlueDee (3rd July 2017), Katra (2nd July 2017)
Old 2nd July 2017, 16:27
Flawless

George probably had a demo or completed vocals he had worked on by himself, and sent it to Naughty Boy to see what he would make of it. You wouldn't really need any in-person contact, just maybe emails or phone calls or notes through an agent.
Old 2nd July 2017, 16:49
ladyjayne ladyjayne est actuellement connecté
Flawless

Thanked 3,033 Times in 885 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMegaFan View Post
I guess you can do that in this day and age. People work from all kinds of remote locations without seeing each other ever. I do that all the time. Felt kind of sad reading it though
It's been common in the recording industry for a long time. I happened to be reading about Bowie this week and was reminded that he and Jagger managed to record their vocals for "Dancing in the Street" at the same studio but never met for the laying down of vocals or mixing because of tight schedules. That was 1985.
Old 2nd July 2017, 19:27
Flawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyjayne View Post
It's been common in the recording industry for a long time. I happened to be reading about Bowie this week and was reminded that he and Jagger managed to record their vocals for "Dancing in the Street" at the same studio but never met for the laying down of vocals or mixing because of tight schedules. That was 1985.
I understand people work like that and from remote locations all the time. But in this case one wonders if the stories about GM being reclusive and not meeting with people in the last year other than a tight circle of friends which included the Kemps, David Austin and his immediate family were true.

He greatly admired Nile Rodgers and was speaking to him on the phone and we know Nile was in his house. Normally you would think GM would have met him. So the fact that he did not meet these people he was working with professionally makes one think he did keep himself isolated. We can understand why, but still makes one sad to think of it like that.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GMMegaFan For This Useful Post:
DeepBlueDee (3rd July 2017), GMfan87' (2nd July 2017), Katra (2nd July 2017), ladyjayne (2nd July 2017)
Old 2nd July 2017, 23:46
freeek freeek est déconnecté
He sang thirty years and a day, but nothing changed.

Please let this happen. I want to hear his voice again and have something positive to think about rather than what we've had to endure over the last 6 months, and it would be very interesting to hear how different a non-GM produced track would sound!
betteb (3rd July 2017), Fish (5th July 2017), Fortheloveofyou (6th July 2017), GMfan87' (3rd July 2017), GMMegaFan (3rd July 2017), GoodFairy (3rd July 2017), Guinness (3rd July 2017), SirLala (3rd July 2017)
Old 3rd July 2017, 00:09
Flawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeek View Post
Please let this happen. I want to hear his voice again and have something positive to think about rather than what we've had to endure over the last 6 months, and it would be very interesting to hear how different a non-GM produced track would sound!
Do you think this is for real or another false dawn? I would give just about anything to hear his voice and a new track too.
The Following User Says Thank You to GMMegaFan For This Useful Post:
GoodFairy (3rd July 2017)