George Michael Forums

Go Back   George Michael Forums > George Michael > News

Old 8th May 2017, 16:20
freedom! freedom! est déconnecté
Flawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by qp65 View Post
According to your logic, one can do whatever for the sake of a good cause, even at an expense of someone you claim to be a love of your life.
Kenny split with George in 2009 and Kenny is still on good terms with the family so I'm sure they would have been aware/approved.

Like I've said I don't think Kenny discredited George in anyway. If people think he did then please give examples of what crime Kenny has actually committed.
Old 8th May 2017, 16:33
GMMegaFan GMMegaFan est déconnecté
Flawless

Thanked 2,304 Times in 706 Posts

Maybe fellow Texan George Bush Jr is interested in supporting charities dealing with mental health and addiction issues. Kenny could find out. Surely Tony Blair has a lot of loose change lying around and could be in a charitable mood. What does it matter where the money comes from? As long as it is being used for a good cause. How will George even know or care anymore?

@GeorgeMichael 15 May 2011
But at the same time, those kinder journos who think it's only my sex life that brings about the tabloid homophobia I referred to...
Forget that the Murdoch rags referred to me as 'poof' and 'pervert' several times in response to my campaign against the bombing of Iraq....

Absolutely forget everything, after all it is such a noble cause the money is going to be used for........................

#SARCASM

Last edited by GMMegaFan; 8th May 2017 at 16:51..
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to GMMegaFan For This Useful Post:
bettyblue (8th May 2017), freedom! (8th May 2017), GoodFairy (8th May 2017), ladyjayne (8th May 2017), qp65 (8th May 2017), Sonya7 (9th May 2017), TrueLoveAFN (10th May 2017), VigilanteMovie (8th May 2017)
Old 8th May 2017, 16:48
GMfan87' GMfan87' est actuellement connecté
Flawless

Thanked 1,715 Times in 822 Posts

I see the points being made but it's been done so only way to look at it reasonably now is more harm wasn't done to George's memory as Kenny didn't reveal extremely private unknown details , thankfully . Even if someone is no longer here , it doesn't mean you don't respect their memory (referring to post that he's gone ) especially when they have family still here . With a public personality more care should be taken of course , especially with someone who went thru quite a lot in his life . The general public will view it as more sensationalism and another troubled entertainer .. Maybe if Kenny could explain why the Sun , was it to profit from George's nemesis ? If not it wasn't in the best taste .
The Following User Says Thank You to GMfan87' For This Useful Post:
Katra (8th May 2017)
Old 8th May 2017, 17:31
Angelfish Angelfish est déconnecté
Flawless

I'm disgusted by this, I'm sure there are much more respectable publications he could've went to, and other ways to raise money than selling stories about George, if he absolutely felt this was necessary.

For those saying it could be to get money from George's nemesis, stop and think...

Do you think the sun paid him anywhere near as much money as they're going to make off all these stories. Do you think that's how it works? Do you think Murdoch would take a hit to his bankroll to kindly honor George's memory, or fund good causes in George's name?

I don't.

Something about this doesn't sit right, and isn't there more to come? I thought Kenny said over the next several days there would be more stories on his Instagram. Unless he didn't think they'd be releasing 3 in one day, 2 the next.

The timing with the Alex/Fadi thing is hard to ignore too. I'm not sure what to think of that yet.

I will say, these interviews (and the alex/fadi tweets) have only left me fed up, sad, confused, and questioning the characters and motives of everyone involved.
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Angelfish For This Useful Post:
fastlover (10th May 2017), GMMegaFan (8th May 2017), GMthx (9th May 2017), GoodFairy (8th May 2017), Hollylove (8th May 2017), It'sOnlyMe (8th May 2017), Katra (8th May 2017), kay (4th June 2017), ladyjayne (8th May 2017), pas1974 (9th May 2017), qp65 (8th May 2017), Sonya7 (9th May 2017), TrueLoveAFN (10th May 2017), Verena (8th May 2017), VigilanteMovie (8th May 2017)
Old 8th May 2017, 18:32
EmilyPost EmilyPost est déconnecté
#######

Thanked 25,981 Times in 7,383 Posts

It's really silly for fans to get personally invested in all this. No one has any idea who tried to help George and what his reaction was.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to EmilyPost For This Useful Post:
bobbiejo (9th May 2017), GMthx (9th May 2017), Kitty Purry (8th May 2017), Whamtastic (9th May 2017)
Old 8th May 2017, 23:02
Guinness Guinness est déconnecté
Flawless

Yeah, I am fed up with all this media nonsense. Let it rest!
No way hoseeee that Kenny has spoken to the Sun. I don't think that would have been a wise thing to do.

xxxxxx Guinness
Old 9th May 2017, 03:28
jlb jlb est déconnecté
Star People

Default Not the Sun

Irrespective of what Kenny said, whether it was revealing or whether it wasn't, I think that misses the point!

Why the Sun? A paper that George openly loathed. I think maybe Kenny did it with good intentions and I also think he is naive in the extreme.

Does anyone seriously believe George would have wanted his ex-lover doing an "exclusive" interview 4 months after his death with the Sun newspaper, with a headline, "I flushed his drugs down the toilet" or whatever it was?

Never, ever, ever in a million years. Kenny, you have been duped I fear, perhaps in the genuine intention of putting across something positive about your foundation. Wrong publication. Just naive.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jlb For This Useful Post:
bettyblue (9th May 2017), GMMegaFan (9th May 2017), GoodFairy (9th May 2017), VigilanteMovie (9th May 2017)
Old 9th May 2017, 05:33
Nanabug Nanabug est déconnecté
Flawless

Latest installment from Sun's interview with Kenny. Thought this one quote abt George hating doctors was very telling

"Later the singer tried to avoid doctors and hospitals as they brought back such bad memories.Kenny recalled: “He didn’t like to go to the doctor at all, he missed most of his doctors’ appointments.“And if someone got sick or was in the hospital he couldn’t be around them because he was so worried about losing them.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.the...is-lovers/amp/
The Following User Says Thank You to Nanabug For This Useful Post:
GMMegaFan (9th May 2017)
Old 9th May 2017, 06:10
bettyblue bettyblue est actuellement connecté
Flawless

Thanked 1,991 Times in 658 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanabug View Post
Latest installment from Sun's interview with Kenny. Thought this one quote abt George hating doctors was very telling
(...)
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.the...is-lovers/amp/
Thanks to Kenny Goss' choice of "opening up" - this time about their open relationship - to no less than The Sun, here it is: the tabloid most loathed by George rehashing with sheer delight its tired "portly pensioner" stuff again, in the year 2017, after George documented years ago the set-up ...

http://georgemichaelforums.com/showp...&postcount=251

http://georgemichaelforums.com/showp...&postcount=258
The Following User Says Thank You to bettyblue For This Useful Post:
Faithgirl (9th May 2017)
Old 9th May 2017, 06:26
GMMegaFan GMMegaFan est déconnecté
Flawless

Thanked 2,304 Times in 706 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettyblue View Post
Thanks to Kenny Goss' choice of "opening up" - this time about their open relationship - to no less than The Sun, here it is: the tabloid most loathed by George rehashing with sheer delight its tired "portly pensioner" stuff again, in the year 2017, after George documented years ago the set-up ...
Is this the last installment or is there more to come? So we have had 6 articles so far: GM at home, the funeral. flushing drugs, charity, LA incident, open relationship or have they posted more? It looks like Kenny did not know about the portly van driver and the followup GM did. So The Sun conveniently peddled the old story again as truth. The more Kenny talks and we see him, the less impressive he is.

Why all the Fadi digs I wonder:
“I don’t understand why George chose him. George was a bright man, an academic. Fadi was the polar opposite of me. George and I liked to chat about politics – I think he thought Brexit was the stupidest thing ever!”

Frankly GM comes across as a very sympathetic character who deserved better than these guys. The part about not liking to see Doctors, how he worried about everybody around him and so on reinforces what we always thought about him.

Last edited by GMMegaFan; 9th May 2017 at 07:12..
The Following User Says Thank You to GMMegaFan For This Useful Post:
bettyblue (9th May 2017)
Old 9th May 2017, 06:31
bettyblue bettyblue est actuellement connecté
Flawless

Thanked 1,991 Times in 658 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMegaFan View Post
Is this the last installment or is there more to come? So we have had 6 articles so far: GM at home, the funeral. flushing drugs, charity, LA incidence, open relationship or have they posted more? It looks like Kenny did not know about the portly van driver and the followup GM did. So The Sun conveniently peddled the old story again as truth. The more Kenny talks and we see him, the less impressive he is.

Why all the Fadi digs I wonder:
“I don’t understand why George chose him. George was a bright man, an academic. Fadi was the polar opposite of me. George and I liked to chat about politics – I think he thought Brexit was the stupidest thing ever!”

Frankly GM comes across as a very sympathetic character who deserved better than these guys. The part about not liking to see Doctors, how he worried about everybody around him and so on reinforces what we always thought about him.
I may be cynical but:
a) Fawaz for sure doesn't look bright at all but such statements give the exact impression that neither Goss is.
b) the very same statements give another, even worse, impression: that The Sun specifically asked Goss to speak about topics such as the Fawaz one in order to fuel the gossip level (perhaps because false old tales of portly pensioners and true old tales of drugs weren't juicy enough).
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bettyblue For This Useful Post:
GMMegaFan (9th May 2017), pas1974 (9th May 2017), TrueLoveAFN (10th May 2017)
Old 9th May 2017, 08:51
freedom! freedom! est déconnecté
Flawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlb View Post
Why the Sun? .
KG explained that in his statement - they offered the most dosh and George would have approved - he said.
Old 9th May 2017, 09:57
jlb jlb est déconnecté
Star People

Default 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom! View Post
KG explained that in his statement - they offered the most dosh and George would have approved - he said.
Throughout his career George was never easily swayed to do things for money. Wham were offered a fortune to do something with Pepsi. George wouldn't release a live tour video for Faith etc etc etc. He was extremely principalled like that. Chances of George allowing an interview to be published in the Sun because "they offered the most"....0%
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to jlb For This Useful Post:
Angelfish (9th May 2017), bettyblue (9th May 2017), GMMegaFan (9th May 2017), GoodFairy (9th May 2017), kay (4th June 2017), ladyjayne (9th May 2017), pas1974 (9th May 2017), Sonya7 (9th May 2017), xfreader (9th May 2017)
Old 9th May 2017, 10:01
Angelfish Angelfish est déconnecté
Flawless

Kenny certainly is making George sound bad in order to keep his light shining or, whatever he claimed the purpose of this was.

Bragging about his conquests...leaving him at dinner parties? Is it me or is Kenny coming off at times as very bitter, almost like this is a passive aggressive revenge thing?

Why all the Fadi digs?

I think Fadi's a lot smarter than people give him credit for, and he's also a bit of a wildcard. People may be concerned about what he knows and what he may reveal... not just about George, but about them... If/when he tells his side of things.

His emotional reactions and issues expressing himself well in English at times don't mean he is stupid. Fadi may also very well have been George's crying shoulder while things were ending with Kenny, meaning Fadi may know a lot about Kenny, while Kenny doesn't really know anything about Fadi, other than repeating what's been said by others. Maybe why he admitted to being a mean drunk...

At least Fadi didn't sell out to the sun, and seems to know and appreciate George's music.

And I think there's one more installment to come...
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Angelfish For This Useful Post:
Hollylove (9th May 2017), kay (4th June 2017), Math398 (10th May 2017), xfreader (9th May 2017)
Old 9th May 2017, 12:06
atevi atevi est déconnecté
Young Gun

what a chatty boy is Kenny!? I wonder for how many days The Sun will stretch the interview and make headlines? I suppose The Sun agreed to pay, if certain topics will be discussed as Fadi, funeral.

was it really the only way Kenny could find some funding for the foundation? I really cannot understand that. I am sure he heard George complaining about that rag magazine many times and now he goes and sells George out. Yes, we knew most of the things he told, but headlines are not about Georges generosity, foundation, but about his addictions, sex life, lewd act in LA. no money, especially from Georges long time nemesis, make it worth to betray George that way.

and since Kenny claims he is in very good relationship with Georges family, why not to wait and see what happens with his will, money, estate? I am more than sure, if for some reason he or the foundation are not in the will, family would still support the foundation and it would get some cut from Georges money, cause they knew it was important to George.

Last edited by atevi; 9th May 2017 at 14:56..
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to atevi For This Useful Post:
betteb (9th May 2017), GoodFairy (9th May 2017), kay (4th June 2017), TrueLoveAFN (10th May 2017), Verena (9th May 2017), VigilanteMovie (9th May 2017)