George Michael Forums

Go Back   George Michael Forums > George Michael > News

Old 9th May 2017, 12:36
betteb betteb est déconnecté
Flawless

Thanked 2,442 Times in 719 Posts

Also Kenny announced on his Instagram that he had made an interview about his work of the Goss-Michael Foundation and his desire to keep George's legacy burning bright around the world.

So far I haven’t found much talk about that foundation, so naive of Kenny to talk to the Sun, it’s all very odd, how could he
(there must be some other reason than money - think we will never get to know the full truth about Kenny doing all this).
The Following User Says Thank You to betteb For This Useful Post:
Angelfish (9th May 2017)
Old 9th May 2017, 13:35
Amazone

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom! View Post
He's dead so won't know about any of this.
He might, see all from ABOVE...
Old 9th May 2017, 14:18
pas1974 pas1974 est déconnecté
Cowboy or Angel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilyPost View Post
It's really silly for fans to get personally invested in all this. No one has any idea who tried to help George and what his reaction was.
I don't think it's silly at all that fans find it wrong that George's life and death are being sold by someone he loved to a company he hated.

A book, he could just have written a book with the help of a writer and a direction, even with intimate details and I'm sure the foundation would have made at least as much money on the longer run and not just one-shot.
But not that.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to pas1974 For This Useful Post:
Angelfish (9th May 2017), betteb (9th May 2017), bettyblue (9th May 2017), GMMegaFan (9th May 2017), TrueLoveAFN (10th May 2017), VigilanteMovie (9th May 2017)
Old 9th May 2017, 14:29
EmilyPost EmilyPost est déconnecté
#######

Thanked 25,981 Times in 7,383 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas1974 View Post
I don't think it's silly at all that fans find it wrong that George's life and death are being sold by someone he loved to a company he hated.

A book, he could just have written a book with the help of a writer and a direction, even with intimate details and I'm sure the foundation would have made at least as much money on the longer run and not just one-shot.
But not that.
I was really referring to the discussion about why George's friends and family didn't help him by making him go to rehab etc.( probably the wrong thread).

As I have said repeatedly, I would be shocked if Kenny did not consult with family before he did this. If it was ok with them,it is certainly ok with me.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EmilyPost For This Useful Post:
GMfan87' (9th May 2017), Toto (10th May 2017)
Old 9th May 2017, 14:38
pas1974 pas1974 est déconnecté
Cowboy or Angel?

Quote:
I was really referring to the discussion about why George's friends and family didn't help him by making him go to rehab etc.( probably the wrong thread).

As I have said repeatedly, I would be shocked if Kenny did not consult with family before he did this. If it was ok with them,it is certainly ok with me.
Thanks for clearing up.
Old 9th May 2017, 14:52
GMMegaFan GMMegaFan est déconnecté
Flawless

Thanked 2,304 Times in 706 Posts

Today's popular headline on Twitter based on the "open relationship" story:
"George Michael’s ex Kenny Goss says they had open relationship and shared sex stories"
Grrrr... What is left now? Hope The Sun gets it over with quickly or are they going to milk this for what its worth for days to come.
Old 9th May 2017, 15:27
freedom! freedom! est déconnecté
Flawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMegaFan View Post
Today's popular headline on Twitter based on the "open relationship" story:
"George Michael’s ex Kenny Goss says they had open relationship and shared sex stories"
Grrrr... What is left now? Hope The Sun gets it over with quickly or are they going to milk this for what its worth for days to come.
Nothing new here. George told us himself. No story really.
The Following User Says Thank You to freedom! For This Useful Post:
Whamtastic (10th May 2017)
Old 9th May 2017, 16:23
Flawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom! View Post
Nothing new here. George told us himself. No story really.
The non-story that is a story across the tabloids because Mr Kenny Goss felt the need to share information that was nothing new anyways. All for a good cause of course. Never heard of departed souls being allowed to rest in peace apparently.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GMMegaFan For This Useful Post:
qp65 (9th May 2017), TrueLoveAFN (10th May 2017)
Old 9th May 2017, 16:32
GreekGirl GreekGirl est actuellement connecté
Flawless

I seriously can't keep up on here!

What I am trying to figure out is WHY Kenny felt compelled to speak in such an AMBIGUOUS manner when, by all accounts, he was coming forth to speak openly and honestly about his relationship with the love of his life, George Michael. I need to re-read all of the articles closely again, but there are things that he says that really make me wonder.

Please tell me whether I am off base, as I am still in learning mode about all of this.

WHY did he say what he did about the "bloke" in Hampstead Heath? George himself went to great lengths on several platforms to deny the encounter with that particular man. Putting all of George's denials aside for a moment, Kenny's statement, by my read, makes it seem like the encounter, in fact, DID take place. Why open up that can of worms again? Kenny could have easily set the record straight on this one by saying, "No. That encounter did not take place. But we had a good laugh about the fact that it was that poor bloke who followed George out of the park." Or he could have echoed George's own words: "George could have any man he wanted. He only met up with beautiful people." Good grief! I really don't know what to think about this one.

The other very strange thing he said was in reference to the M1 incident. Did anyone else pick up on that too? Kenny is quoted as stating, “I like to believe it was an accident not a suicide attempt and I have to believe that.” WHAT is he saying here? WHY did he phrase this statement in this way? All a statement like this does is raise even more questions about what actually happened in the car that day and what George's frame of mind really was. Kenny did not have to say this. He could have simply said that he travelled to the UK to spend time with George after the M1 incident and was glad he could provide some comfort.

It all defies logic....
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to GreekGirl For This Useful Post:
Faithgirl (10th May 2017), ladyjayne (9th May 2017), Math398 (9th May 2017), Nanabug (9th May 2017), pas1974 (9th May 2017), TrueLoveAFN (10th May 2017), VigilanteMovie (9th May 2017)
Old 9th May 2017, 16:42
Flawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekGirl View Post
It all defies logic....
The Sun paid money for this story not to help paint George Michael as a Saint. They will pay some token homage to his charity work for sure. But they want the dirt. Open relationship, cruising Hampstead Heath everyday, hard drugs etc. They will spin what Kenny said and twist it to suit their own agenda. Kenny does not seem to be the sharpest tool in the shed to me, for all his successful businessman credentials. They are playing him nicely, only hope atleast Kenny got whatever he wanted. Dont try to read any deep meaning into all this. Not worth the time and effort.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GMMegaFan For This Useful Post:
betteb (9th May 2017), bettyblue (9th May 2017), GreekGirl (9th May 2017), TrueLoveAFN (10th May 2017)
Old 9th May 2017, 16:45
bettyblue bettyblue est actuellement connecté
Flawless

Thanked 1,990 Times in 658 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekGirl View Post

What I am trying to figure out is WHY Kenny felt compelled to speak in such an AMBIGUOUS manner when, by all accounts, he was coming forth to speak openly and honestly about his relationship with the love of his life, George Michael. I need to re-read all of the articles closely again, but there are things that he says that really make me wonder.

Please tell me whether I am off base, as I am still in learning mode about all of this.

WHY did he say what he did about the "bloke" in Hampstead Heath? George himself went to great lengths on several platforms to deny the encounter with that particular man. Putting all of George's denials aside for a moment, Kenny's statement, by my read, makes it seem like the encounter, in fact, DID take place. Why open up that can of worms again? Kenny could have easily set the record straight on this one by saying, "No. That encounter did not take place. But we had a good laugh about the fact that it was that poor bloke who followed George out of the park." Or he could have echoed George's own words: "George could have any man he wanted. He only met up with beautiful people." Good grief! I really don't know what to think about this one.

The other very strange thing he said was in reference to the M1 incident. Did anyone else pick up on that too? Kenny is quoted as stating, “I like to believe it was an accident not a suicide attempt *and I have to believe that.” WHAT is he saying here? WHY did he phrase this statement in this way? All a statement like this does is raise even more questions about what actually happened in the car that day and what George's frame of mind really was. Kenny did not have to say this. He could have simply said that he travelled to the UK to spend time with George after the M1 incident and was glad he could provide some comfort.

It all defies logic....
I may be cynical but I can't help thinking that The Sun specifically asked Goss to speak about such topics, too (using himself, as one can notice, the typical insinuating methods of tabloid press: he's not giving facts about the M1, he's just badly speculating, as anyone else has done so far) specifically in order to fuel the gossip level (perhaps because false old tales of portly pensioners and true old tales of drugs, cottaging, toilets and open relationship - all of them widely and candidly covered by George himself in his own interviews - weren't juicy enough). Ditto, IMHO, for Goss' unrequited and gossip-fuelling opinions about that other bright and articulate guy Fawaz.

Last edited by bettyblue; 9th May 2017 at 17:28..
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bettyblue For This Useful Post:
GMfan87' (9th May 2017), GMMegaFan (9th May 2017), GreekGirl (9th May 2017)
Old 9th May 2017, 17:03
atevi atevi est déconnecté
Young Gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMegaFan View Post
The Sun paid money for this story not to help paint George Michael as a Saint. They will pay some token homage to his charity work for sure. But they want the dirt. Open relationship, cruising Hampstead Heath everyday, hard drugs etc. They will spin what Kenny said and twist it to suit their own agenda. Kenny does not seem to be the sharpest tool in the shed to me, for all his successful businessman credentials. They are playing him nicely, only hope atleast Kenny got whatever he wanted. Dont try to read any deep meaning into all this. Not worth the time and effort.
of course not, they wanted dirt like drugs, cruising, smth about Fadi etc and Kenny gladly gave it to them. My problem with it is that Georges name is dragged through the mud, once again. And I hate to read some homophobic, drug related awful comments toward George under those articles. George does not deserve that. We had all those articles soon after he died and now again. I suppose Kenny did not think he will get so much negative response after the interview and now tries to explaine to people why on his instagram.
None of closest Georges friends, family members ever, besides Andros, talked to tabloids, and I suppose he trusted that none ever will. His trust betrayed the lowest way.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to atevi For This Useful Post:
bettyblue (9th May 2017), Math398 (9th May 2017), TrueLoveAFN (10th May 2017), Verena (9th May 2017)
Old 9th May 2017, 17:48
GMfan87' GMfan87' est actuellement connecté
Flawless

Thanked 1,715 Times in 822 Posts

Kenny probably didn't know the cause of the accident , maybe George didn't even realize what happened . He did make it sound or the paper made his words sound like he hooked up with that guy . Yes he denied it but it's possible it was true ,I know the email denial and the guy retracting it but who knows .. George was very honest but he also worried what people thought of him .
Old 9th May 2017, 17:51
EmilyPost EmilyPost est déconnecté
#######

Thanked 25,981 Times in 7,383 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMfan87' View Post
Kenny probably didn't know the cause of the accident , maybe George didn't even realize what happened . He did make it sound or the paper made his words sound like he hooked up with that guy . Yes he denied it but it's possible it was true ,I know the email denial and the guy retracting it but who knows .. George was very honest but he also worried what people thought of him .
Sometimes George was very economical with the truth. Sorry but it is true.Fans who followed him for decades will tell you this.

Before anyone goes nuts,it doesn't mean he wasn't a kind generous human being.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to EmilyPost For This Useful Post:
DeepBlueDee (11th May 2017), Katra (9th May 2017), Moonchild (9th May 2017), Seba.GM (9th May 2017), Verena (9th May 2017), Whamtastic (10th May 2017)
Old 9th May 2017, 18:15
bettyblue bettyblue est actuellement connecté
Flawless

Thanked 1,990 Times in 658 Posts

Quote:
Sometimes George was very economical with the truth. Sorry but it is true.Fans who followed him for decades will tell you this.

Before anyone goes nuts,it doesn't mean he wasn't a kind generous human being.
Sure, but I honestly don't think that he would've embarked on something like sending false evidence (re: the excuse letter sent to him by the pensioner) to the Leveson Inquiry, and so many years later besides.
Also he never denied his robust penchant for cottaging, as we all know. He didn't even deny having cottaged that specific night. Just not with the pensioner guy.
I know he was very far from being a saint but I also find a bit unfair to think a priori that everything he said about any of his mishaps was untrue. In this specific case there is some evidence on his side, too.
Anyway, to see all of this ancient and tired stuff being rehashed again and again by The Sun with Goss' cooperation is an overall miserable sight IMHO.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to bettyblue For This Useful Post:
Angelfish (9th May 2017), GMMegaFan (9th May 2017), Math398 (9th May 2017), pas1974 (9th May 2017), qp65 (9th May 2017), TrueLoveAFN (10th May 2017), VigilanteMovie (9th May 2017)