George Michael Forums

Go Back   George Michael Forums > George Michael > News

Old 9th May 2017, 18:46
freedom! freedom! est déconnecté
Flawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMegaFan View Post
But they want the dirt. Open relationship, cruising Hampstead Heath everyday, hard drugs etc. They will spin what Kenny said and twist it to suit their own agenda. .
This isn't dirt - these are FACTs confirmed by George himself. Not sure why people are angry.

KG's been very smart. Got a big donation for his foundation [probably millions] and didn't reveal anything new really other than George used to wake up at 9am !

Relax people.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to freedom! For This Useful Post:
DeepBlueDee (11th May 2017), EmilyPost (9th May 2017), Gmfan25 (9th May 2017), Toto (10th May 2017), War (9th May 2017), Whamtastic (10th May 2017)
Old 9th May 2017, 19:03
ladyjayne ladyjayne est actuellement connecté
Flawless

Thanked 3,052 Times in 893 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMfan87' View Post
Kenny probably didn't know the cause of the accident , maybe George didn't even realize what happened . He did make it sound or the paper made his words sound like he hooked up with that guy . Yes he denied it but it's possible it was true ,I know the email denial and the guy retracting it but who knows .. George was very honest but he also worried what people thought of him .
GM claimed to have no memory of the M1 incident when he was fit to be interviewed. True or false, that would be entirely compatible with a head injury. However, there were two other people in the vehicle, a driver and another passenger. So far as I am aware neither have been publicly identified but must have been known to the police and therefore the next of kin after a serious accident. It is beyond my comprehension that the other two people in the vehicle wouldn't know what had happened in the car and that the family wouldn't therefore also have some idea. If, as seems to be the thesis of many, Kenny is so close to the family that they have okayed this soul baring to the Sun, it is surely equally inconceivable that he doesn't know. He's surely not so incurious he wouldn't have asked. [I don't necessarily believe he really is that close to the family - I can't see any evidence of it one way or the other].
But I agree with Greekgirl the choice of words Kenny uses is significant. To me it suggests he either believes it was possibly a suicide attempt or wants the reader to believe that. The wording re Norman Kirkland is just plain malicious to me - payback from Kenny for GM telling the world about his alcoholism (without warning I think Kenny said on his Instagram). I do have some sympathy for Kenny in relation to that (and my sympathy for him is in pretty short supply overall!) but this whole Sun charade does seem like a pretty low passive aggressive payback with benefits for being ditched.
As people have said, nothing very new here to anybody who has followed the stories over the years but the overall effect is to make their relationship sound really, really sh*tty. A kind of "Whatever happened to Baby Jane" parody with booze, drugs, separate rooms, psychiatrists and mutual recriminations. I think the Sun copywriters have their tongues so firmly in their cheeks with all the lovey-dovey soulmate stuff it's a wonder they can squeak out the headlines!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ladyjayne For This Useful Post:
Angelfish (9th May 2017), bettyblue (9th May 2017), GMMegaFan (9th May 2017), GreekGirl (9th May 2017), Math398 (10th May 2017), pas1974 (9th May 2017)
Old 9th May 2017, 19:08
bettyblue bettyblue est actuellement connecté
Flawless

Thanked 1,990 Times in 658 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom! View Post
This isn't dirt - these are FACTs confirmed by George himself. Not sure why people are angry.

KG's been very smart. Got a big donation for his foundation [probably millions] and didn't reveal anything new really other than George used to wake up at 9am !

Relax people.
The 95% are facts confirmed by George, true, but The Sun puts these same old, tired, well-known and boring (IMHO) facts in such a frame, rehashing them with its usual ridiculous big screaming titles and all, that is quite clashing with George's loathing of that specific tabloid.

The 5% (the ancient scandal of the "portly pensioner" and the actual reasons for the M1 accident, which anyway not even Goss does know, embarking here on petty speculation himself) aren't facts confirmed by George at all.

Then there are those childish, puerile and self-centered attacks vs. Fawaz ("I talked of politics with George! He didn't! He is the polar opposite of mine!") which would be laughable if they weren't so petty, and which make both guys, Goss and Fawaz alike, look like the pair of not very bright people who both of them most probably are.

All of that, besides, totally distracts people (me, too, and I loathe it ) from talking about George's artistic persona ... then again we widely know, by now, that we can't get anything valuable from Goss (who a couple of months ago, interviewed in Dallas, couldn't even manage to remember correctly a single verse from the songs dedicated to him) about this far more interesting side of George Michael.

Last edited by bettyblue; 9th May 2017 at 19:28..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bettyblue For This Useful Post:
Angelfish (9th May 2017), TrueLoveAFN (10th May 2017)
Old 9th May 2017, 19:09
Flawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom! View Post

Relax people.
You have a very unrealistic view of what tabloids pay even for big stories. Six figures at most - more likely five for this.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ladyjayne For This Useful Post:
Angelfish (9th May 2017), bettyblue (9th May 2017), DeepBlueDee (11th May 2017), GMfan87' (9th May 2017), GMMegaFan (9th May 2017), pas1974 (9th May 2017)
Old 9th May 2017, 19:53
EmilyPost EmilyPost est déconnecté
#######

Thanked 25,981 Times in 7,383 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyjayne View Post
You have a very unrealistic view of what tabloids pay even for big stories. Six figures at most - more likely five for this.
Is there a way to find out the amount?
Old 9th May 2017, 20:00
Flawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilyPost View Post
Is there a way to find out the amount?
I don't think in relation to any specific current story. Not subject of FOI requests because of commercial sensitivity. But we all got a good idea during the Levison enquiry when there was quite a lot of evidence about figures for past stories.

Of course, presumably it will end up in the filed a/cs for GmG org!
The Following User Says Thank You to ladyjayne For This Useful Post:
EmilyPost (9th May 2017)
Old 9th May 2017, 20:58
jlb jlb est déconnecté
Star People

Default Just No

People who think that Kenny hasn't really revealed anything are missing the point entirely.

George would be horrified that his ex-lover has sold his story to The Sun! End of...

He wouldn't be thinking...what a smart move Kenny getting some money for the Foundation? The money for the story won't be massively significant to what GM put into that foundation. If G were here it wouldn't have happened, but if it had K would be "Androsed"!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jlb For This Useful Post:
atevi (9th May 2017), GMMegaFan (9th May 2017), ladyjayne (9th May 2017), pas1974 (10th May 2017), TrueLoveAFN (10th May 2017)
Old 9th May 2017, 21:04
GMfan87' GMfan87' est déconnecté
Flawless

Thanked 1,715 Times in 822 Posts

Quote:
Sometimes George was very economical with the truth. Sorry but it is true.Fans who followed him for decades will tell you this.

Before anyone goes nuts,it doesn't mean he wasn't a kind generous human being.
I agree! Also like anyone when we get embarassed we sometimes try to cover the truth .
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GMfan87' For This Useful Post:
DeepBlueDee (11th May 2017), TrueLoveAFN (10th May 2017)
Old 9th May 2017, 21:15
Flawless

Ladyjayne- in reference to your post , I think Kenny may not have known details as he seemed to stay in touch with him via texts , calls, doesn't seem they saw each other often , given the distance and lives in different directions that makes sense. Even if Kenny asked , if he does stay in touch with the family here and there ,they could of said it was an accident , not sure. It could be possible it happened quickly in George's head without him saying anything and he opened the door before anyone could stop it. Kenny may have just assumed it was a suicide attempt or he knows a little more detail. He probably had a good rapport with family and maybe they approve of him because he was by GM's side many years , they didn't know everything going on between them. There are many people who say they are close to people when they really aren't , they either have a different definition of that and feel they are or they think it makes them look good to outside world .
The Following User Says Thank You to GMfan87' For This Useful Post:
ladyjayne (9th May 2017)
Old 9th May 2017, 21:17
Flawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlb View Post
People who think that Kenny hasn't really revealed anything are missing the point entirely.

George would be horrified that his ex-lover has sold his story to The Sun! End of...

He wouldn't be thinking...what a smart move Kenny getting some money for the Foundation? The money for the story won't be massively significant to what GM put into that foundation. If G were here it wouldn't have happened, but if it had K would be "Androsed"!
The thing is we don't really know for sure though , with what you bring up yes that would make sense but.. maybe GM would look at it just the way Kenny said .
Old 9th May 2017, 22:09
pas1974 pas1974 est déconnecté
Cowboy or Angel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlb View Post

That's exactly why it didn't happen while G was here.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pas1974 For This Useful Post:
jlb (10th May 2017), ladyjayne (9th May 2017), tropik-ana (10th May 2017), TrueLoveAFN (10th May 2017)
Old 9th May 2017, 22:22
Flawless

Quote:
The thing is we don't really know for sure though , with what you bring up yes that would make sense but.. maybe GM would look at it just the way Kenny said .
We don't know for sure, for sure. But what are the chances that GM, who was famously stubborn and rarely changed his opinions about anything important, even when it resulted in him losing millions, would have said he was fine with his ex lover even buying a copy of the Sun let alone selling his story to the publication who defamed him and he hated to his dying day. Maybe the sun won't rise in the sky tomorrow; we can't be sure, but on past evidence we can be pretty certain. And, honestly, I struggle to believe GM, who returned an advance for his memoirs when he discovered the publisher was a remote subsidiary of the Murdoch empire, would not have gone 'apesh*t' at the idea of taking their money for anything, let alone a kiss and tell. If Kenny believed he was so fine with it, why didn't he do it when GM was alive? There would have been plenty of offers on the table.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ladyjayne For This Useful Post:
bettyblue (10th May 2017), jlb (10th May 2017), Math398 (10th May 2017), qp65 (9th May 2017), tropik-ana (10th May 2017)
Old 9th May 2017, 22:29
Flawless

Quote:
Ladyjayne- in reference to your post , I think Kenny may not have known details as he seemed to stay in touch with him via texts , calls, doesn't seem they saw each other often , given the distance and lives in different directions that makes sense. Even if Kenny asked , if he does stay in touch with the family here and there ,they could of said it was an accident , not sure. It could be possible it happened quickly in George's head without him saying anything and he opened the door before anyone could stop it. Kenny may have just assumed it was a suicide attempt or he knows a little more detail. He probably had a good rapport with family and maybe they approve of him because he was by GM's side many years , they didn't know everything going on between them. There are many people who say they are close to people when they really aren't , they either have a different definition of that and feel they are or they think it makes them look good to outside world .
I agree with all this in the sense I have't seen any evidence that Kenny was close to the family or even GM in GM's final years but it seems to be accepted as fact by many who have followed him on here and elsewhere for many years more than me so I may be wrong. But there are ways and means for those with genuine connections to the family to know a lot more about what went on in that car. For e.g., it seems very likely to me that the driver was a 'usual' driver - and that's a very small pool of people, most likely a family member or very close friend. Unless Kenny was amazingly uncurious about his 'soulmate's' welfare or very ostracised by the family and friends who undoubtedly must know what went on in the car that day, he must have spoken to others around George, if only out of concern, to find out what had happened and what he could do to help.
Old 9th May 2017, 23:13
EmilyPost EmilyPost est déconnecté
#######

Thanked 25,981 Times in 7,383 Posts

My theory is that the other people in the car were from George's other group of "friends" either hookups or drug buddies (most likely both),people who were not known to his family or close friends. I think they were paid to disappear and keep silent.
Old 9th May 2017, 23:33
Flawless

Quote:
My theory is that the other people in the car were from George's other group of "friends" either hookups or drug buddies (most likely both),people who were not known to his family or close friends. I think they were paid to disappear and keep silent.
Paid by who? Family or others? They were undoubtedly present at the scene (according to witnesses) and must have given details (dob and addresses which checked out) and probably witness statements to the police. This was a serious incident and if anyone had scarpered at the scene Herts police would usually have made that clear and that they were trying to trace them.
The Following User Says Thank You to ladyjayne For This Useful Post:
bettyblue (9th May 2017)