George Michael Forums

Go Back   George Michael Forums > George Michael > News


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #61  
Old 9th May 2017, 23:41
EmilyPost's Avatar
EmilyPost EmilyPost est déconnecté
#######
 
Join Date: 03-2005
Location: USA
Posts: 18,333
Thanks: 9,761
Thanked 25,981 Times in 7,383 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyjayne View Post
Paid by who? Family or others? They were undoubtedly present at the scene (according to witnesses) and must have given details (dob and addresses which checked out) and probably witness statements to the police. This was a serious incident and if anyone had scarpered at the scene Herts police would usually have made that clear and that they were trying to trace them.
Since there were apparently no laws broken,the police report has not been made public (am I wrong about that?) and these folks have not been identified and will not be. They signed non disclosure agreements,received some type of payment from George's lawyers and went back to what they usually do. Is that so farfetched?
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EmilyPost For This Useful Post:
GMfan87' (10th May 2017), Whamtastic (10th May 2017)
  #62  
Old 10th May 2017, 00:01
ladyjayne ladyjayne est actuellement connecté
Flawless
 
Join Date: 03-2017
Location: uk
Posts: 1,124
Thanks: 1,038
Thanked 3,054 Times in 893 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilyPost View Post
Since there were apparently no laws broken,the police report has not been made public (am I wrong about that?) and these folks have not been identified and will not be. They signed non disclosure agreements,received some type of payment from George's lawyers and went back to what they usually do. Is that so farfetched?
You are quite right - the police reports have not been published and the witnesses are therefore not made public by the police. But they must have checked out with the police because it was a serious RTA, they would have been required to give name, address and dob. Those must have checked out on the Police National Computer. It is therefore slightly unlikely that any known or convicted drugs dealer was driving but definitely that the driver's insurance must have checked out. We do know it was GM's car and therefore the driver must have been insured to drive GM's car. Of course, GM could have insured all sorts of random people to drive but but it seems more probable to me it was someone who regularly drove GM's car, whose details checked out immediately and gave the police no cause for concern. So yes, your theory is possible, if these druggie associates were insured and had no convictions but why do you think it is more likely than one of his usual drivers or friends? No need for payment to keep quiet then.
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 10th May 2017, 00:04
Guinness Guinness est déconnecté
Flawless
 
Join Date: 03-2017
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 184
Thanks: 156
Thanked 161 Times in 95 Posts
Default

Reading all comments makes me feel like I have missed actual proof that Kenny had talked to the Sun. For now I just believe a Sun gang member has been sitting in the Sunnnn with his laptop and a joint trying to make up a story which will be copied by most press and brings in more Money on the lazy Sunnnnnday!
Proof is what I need before I can evaluate whether or not Kenny has gone to the press or not. Paroooooooof.
And me (Dutch saying "sitting on the roof"). I am so getting the rash from the press!


xxxx Guinness
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 10th May 2017, 00:07
EmilyPost's Avatar
EmilyPost EmilyPost est déconnecté
#######
 
Join Date: 03-2005
Location: USA
Posts: 18,333
Thanks: 9,761
Thanked 25,981 Times in 7,383 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyjayne View Post
You are quite right - the police reports have not been published and the witnesses are therefore not made public by the police. But they must have checked out with the police because it was a serious RTA, they would have been required to give name, address and dob. Those must have checked out on the Police National Computer. It is therefore slightly unlikely that any known or convicted drugs dealer was driving but definitely that the driver's insurance must have checked out. We do know it was GM's car and therefore the driver must have been insured to drive GM's car. Of course, GM could have insured all sorts of random people to drive but but it seems more probable to me it was someone who regularly drove GM's car, whose details checked out immediately and gave the police no cause for concern. So yes, your theory is possible, if these druggie associates were insured and had no convictions but why do you think it is more likely than one of his usual drivers or friends? No need for payment to keep quiet then.
Do you think his usual driver would be present for a drug fueled hookup?

Lack of information creates a vacuum which is filled with all kinds of speculation!
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 10th May 2017, 00:08
ladyjayne ladyjayne est actuellement connecté
Flawless
 
Join Date: 03-2017
Location: uk
Posts: 1,124
Thanks: 1,038
Thanked 3,054 Times in 893 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinness View Post
Reading all comments makes me feel like I have missed actual proof that Kenny had talked to the Sun. For now I just believe a Sun gang member has been sitting in the Sunnnn with his laptop and a joint trying to make up a story which will be copied by most press and brings in more Money on the lazy Sunnnnnday!
Proof is what I need before I can evaluate whether or not Kenny has gone to the press or not. Paroooooooof.
And me (Dutch saying "sitting on the roof"). I am so getting the rash from the press!


xxxx Guinness
Try watching the videos of him giving the interview on the Sun website. Alternatively you could check out Kenny's own instagram where he explains why he has talked to the Sun.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ladyjayne For This Useful Post:
pas1974 (10th May 2017)
  #66  
Old 10th May 2017, 00:10
Guinness Guinness est déconnecté
Flawless
 
Join Date: 03-2017
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 184
Thanks: 156
Thanked 161 Times in 95 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyjayne View Post
Try watching the videos of him giving the interview on the Sun website. Alternatively you could check out Kenny's own instagram where he explains why he has talked to the Sun.

Oh damn, so it is true. Thanks for the info. I'll check.

xxxxxx Guinness
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 10th May 2017, 00:13
GMfan87''s Avatar
GMfan87' GMfan87' est actuellement connecté
Flawless
 
Join Date: 02-2017
Location: Ct.
Posts: 1,389
Thanks: 2,048
Thanked 1,715 Times in 822 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyjayne View Post
We don't know for sure, for sure. But what are the chances that GM, who was famously stubborn and rarely changed his opinions about anything important, even when it resulted in him losing millions, would have said he was fine with his ex lover even buying a copy of the Sun let alone selling his story to the publication who defamed him and he hated to his dying day. Maybe the sun won't rise in the sky tomorrow; we can't be sure, but on past evidence we can be pretty certain. And, honestly, I struggle to believe GM, who returned an advance for his memoirs when he discovered the publisher was a remote subsidiary of the Murdoch empire, would not have gone 'apesh*t' at the idea of taking their money for anything, let alone a kiss and tell. If Kenny believed he was so fine with it, why didn't he do it when GM was alive? There would have been plenty of offers on the table.
Responding to the idea that it's a fact George would of been furious , cut Kenny Goss off.. The thing about George is sometimes it seemed like he protested too much so it made me wonder is he trying to convince himself . Not just the Sony issue , a few other things that he kept mentioning years later. Just because he presented it to public , it's impossible to know what he said or thought privately . Based on what we've seen and heard he was a mass of contradictions so it's not impossible for me to believe this may not have been a big deal to him . You ever read an item about a celebrity or a biography and they have said or done something polar opposite to what they give off ?! In that world there are many phonies and hypocrites , not saying he was ( don't believe he was) but he could of had different ways of looking at something .( the example that if this went to something he believed in )
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GMfan87' For This Useful Post:
ladyjayne (10th May 2017)
  #68  
Old 10th May 2017, 00:14
ladyjayne ladyjayne est actuellement connecté
Flawless
 
Join Date: 03-2017
Location: uk
Posts: 1,124
Thanks: 1,038
Thanked 3,054 Times in 893 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilyPost View Post
Do you think his usual driver would be present for a drug fueled hookup?

Lack of information creates a vacuum which is filled with all kinds of speculation!
Well that is true but I do try for logical speculation and, generally, the simpler the explanation the more likely it is.
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 10th May 2017, 00:18
GMfan87''s Avatar
GMfan87' GMfan87' est actuellement connecté
Flawless
 
Join Date: 02-2017
Location: Ct.
Posts: 1,389
Thanks: 2,048
Thanked 1,715 Times in 822 Posts
Default

Oh and someone posted why now for KG reveal , because the foundation isn't being funded by GM any longer. By the way the tabloids had originally said Kenny was a flight attendant when they met which got disputed here , then he had a sucessful sporting good business , if so why does he need this money for foundation ? You'd think he was wealthy and would have many connections in the business world and whom ever he met thru GM.
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 10th May 2017, 00:21
pas1974's Avatar
pas1974 pas1974 est déconnecté
Cowboy or Angel?
 
Join Date: 10-2005
Location: Bruxelles
Posts: 718
Thanks: 1,266
Thanked 917 Times in 336 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyjayne View Post
Well that is true but I do try for logical speculation and, generally, the simpler the explanation the more likely it is.
Could well be just Alex that was his alternative driver (alternative as opposed to Ronnie who I think was driving George when there was anything official, concerts,etc)
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to pas1974 For This Useful Post:
ladyjayne (10th May 2017)
  #71  
Old 10th May 2017, 00:23
ladyjayne ladyjayne est actuellement connecté
Flawless
 
Join Date: 03-2017
Location: uk
Posts: 1,124
Thanks: 1,038
Thanked 3,054 Times in 893 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMfan87' View Post
Responding to the idea that it's a fact George would of been furious , cut Kenny Goss off.. The thing about George is sometimes it seemed like he protested too much so it made me wonder is he trying to convince himself . Not just the Sony issue , a few other things that he kept mentioning years later. Just because he presented it to public , it's impossible to know what he said or thought privately . Based on what we've seen and heard he was a mass of contradictions so it's not impossible for me to believe this may not have been a big deal to him . You ever read an item about a celebrity or a biography and they have said or done something polar opposite to what they give off ?! In that world there are many phonies and hypocrites , not saying he was ( don't believe he was) but he could of had different ways of looking at something .( the example that if this went to something he believed in )
I've never said it was a fact - obviously it's all hypothesis because Kenny chose not to sell his story until after George was dead and couldn't react one way or the other. I'm simply operating on probabilities. Since he never responded benignly to the Sun carrying a story on his sex life and always ranted about them I just think it more logical to suppose that he might have had the same reaction this time round, but you are absolutely right that people do not always behave logically. What we're really talking about though is not what George would have said but what Kenny thinks he would have said I do wonder why, if Kenny is so sure George would have been so happy for a story to be sold to the Sun provided it raised money for charity he didn't do it when George was alive, the better to fill him with joy at the payment.
Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ladyjayne For This Useful Post:
bettyblue (10th May 2017), GMfan87' (10th May 2017), GreekGirl (10th May 2017), pas1974 (10th May 2017)
  #72  
Old 10th May 2017, 00:28
Guinness Guinness est déconnecté
Flawless
 
Join Date: 03-2017
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 184
Thanks: 156
Thanked 161 Times in 95 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyjayne View Post
Try watching the videos of him giving the interview on the Sun website. Alternatively you could check out Kenny's own instagram where he explains why he has talked to the Sun.
I have just checked the uploaded vids from the Sun with Kenny. The vids are very sweet and shines a light on the farewell ceremony. Something we all were curious about I think. I don't see footage of Kenny claiming he had flushed drugs through the toilet etc. This proof is missing. On his Instagram Kenny highlighted that the interview was mainly done for the fundraising of the foundation. I don't think the Sun had the intention to give him this opportunity, when reading the whole topic. Or it may be very late in the evening here and me not being able to find all footage on the Chaotic Sunnnn site!

Anyways, Kenny is a honey and I don't think he will tell such inside info as drug use to the press.

xxxxx Guinness
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 10th May 2017, 00:30
GMfan87''s Avatar
GMfan87' GMfan87' est actuellement connecté
Flawless
 
Join Date: 02-2017
Location: Ct.
Posts: 1,389
Thanks: 2,048
Thanked 1,715 Times in 822 Posts
Default

No you ( ladyjayne)didn't say it was fact, some one else did but I wanted to respond also to rest of your post . My whole point was just you would think he wouldn't like it at all but we just don't know , and there are many acting outraged on his behalf . Good point to do it while he was here but best guess is he didn't need money as much then .
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 10th May 2017, 00:34
EmilyPost's Avatar
EmilyPost EmilyPost est déconnecté
#######
 
Join Date: 03-2005
Location: USA
Posts: 18,333
Thanks: 9,761
Thanked 25,981 Times in 7,383 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMfan87' View Post
No you didn't , some one else did but I wanted to respond also to rest of your post . My whole point was just you would think he wouldn't like it all but we just don't know , and there are many acting outraged on his behalf . Good point to do it while he was here but best guess is he didn't need money as much then .
I am looking for a 2011 article in a Texas newspaper where Kenny discussed the finances of GMF. It was quite interesting if I can locate it somewhere. He talked about the foundation often being asset rich but cash poor depending on sales and acquisitions.
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 10th May 2017, 00:48
pas1974's Avatar
pas1974 pas1974 est déconnecté
Cowboy or Angel?
 
Join Date: 10-2005
Location: Bruxelles
Posts: 718
Thanks: 1,266
Thanked 917 Times in 336 Posts
Default

Again, then Kenny could just as well co-write a dignified book (which is probably not excluded)
What George said were his own words and as far as I know, he never ever gave away any detail about someone who wasn't there anymore to defend themselves.
I don't know, this just looks so wrong to me. Something like "ok, you told the world I'm an alcoholic, then I have every right to say what I want".
Fair enough, then why not sell pictures of the funeral if it's for the foundation? Good cause? Yes, let's go!
Seems to me alcohol has burnt his remaining neurone(s).
And we can say anything about Fadi but so far, I haven't read any intimate details revealed by him (and I hope I never will).

Yes we know most of it, blablabla. But it's about principles here.
Soulmate, my arse. I would never EVER do this to the man I love.
Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to pas1974 For This Useful Post:
atevi (10th May 2017), bettyblue (10th May 2017), isilweth (10th May 2017), ladyjayne (10th May 2017), Math398 (10th May 2017), qp65 (10th May 2017), tropik-ana (10th May 2017), TrueLoveAFN (10th May 2017)
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


Custom Search


All times are GMT +3. The time now is 01:05.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

'George Michael Forums' is a non-commercial, private and unofficial fan site dedicated to George Michael and Wham!.
Content published on 'George Michael Forums' requires permission for reprint. No infringement of any copyright is intended.

Disclaimer | Impressum


Free Visitor Maps at VisitorMap.org
Get a FREE visitor map for your site!