Old 20th June 2017, 16:25
Kiri Kiri est déconnecté
:)
Yeti Sports 4 - Albatross Overload Champion, Turkey War Champion

Thanked 8,660 Times in 2,843 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by yog_63 View Post
i'm probably going to be in the minority here...but i don't like it
me too I appreciate her tribute, but song is not remarkable.

"Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.”
The Following User Says Thank You to Kiri For This Useful Post:
KojiTaku (23rd June 2017)
Old 20th June 2017, 16:42
KAB71 KAB71 est déconnecté
Young Gun

I'm really liking this song. I found a link on YouTube that had it, since in the US the links to Spotify, Google Play, etc don't work :-( Hopefully that gets fixed soon.
I especially like George's backup singers in the song. Very touching.
I can imagine George telling Geri "This is bloody fantastic!!".
The Following User Says Thank You to KAB71 For This Useful Post:
Old 20th June 2017, 17:08
Kitty Purry Kitty Purry est déconnecté
Flawless

For the fans in the States...
I really, really like this song. I got a little emotional.
Awesomeness GERI!!!

Yes, G would be proud...

https://eastwest1.lnk.to/GeriAngelsInChainsTA

Last edited by webmaster; 20th June 2017 at 17:21.. Reason: no links to non official videos.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kitty Purry For This Useful Post:
Old 20th June 2017, 17:26
webmaster webmaster est déconnecté
Gold
Space Invaders Champion, Breakout Champion, Ice Age 1 - Scrat Jump Champion, Queens Jewels Champion, Happy Tree Friends: Dynamite Champion, Happy Tree Friends: Lumpy Artist Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion

Thanked 74,588 Times in 16,616 Posts

You can listen to the show for 29 days now

Old 20th June 2017, 19:41
Aggie Aggie est déconnecté
Flawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by yog_63 View Post
i'm probably going to be in the minority here...but i don't like it
There are probably far more fans that don't like it. Maybe they are too polite or simply underwhelmed to even comment.
The round of interviews and promotion feels like the usual Halliwell show. That tribute of her feels cheap to me. Sorry. I rather hear the occasional anecdote or cover by people with a more pleasing, less selfcentered personality. I simply can't get over the fact that she really lacks talent, depth and humour. all the things that made George so special.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Aggie For This Useful Post:
DeepBlueDee (21st June 2017), GMMegaFan (20th June 2017), Kiri (21st June 2017), KojiTaku (23rd June 2017), maya (21st June 2017), Moonchild (20th June 2017), yog_63 (20th June 2017)
Old 20th June 2017, 20:01
GMfan87' GMfan87' est actuellement connecté
Flawless

Thanked 1,715 Times in 822 Posts

I'm sure she has humor as GM was hanging out with her often for a time. Did some fans not like Geri because they were jealous of her time spent w/ G? There's nothing wrong with not liking it, I'm in the indifferent camp as well but the sentiment is nice,and the charity benefits most importantly.
The Following User Says Thank You to GMfan87' For This Useful Post:
Old 20th June 2017, 20:12
yog_63 yog_63 est déconnecté
Young Gun

...just my opinion but she's wanted a music comeback for some time; she should have done it on her own merit, not on the back of George's memory, or soundbites of his lyrics. I think the intention of the GM singers is pure and from the heart though...it must have been so emotional for them to record this...

as for Geri and her charitable intentions, it would be nice if she matched the proceeds to charity, as George did (i know of at least one example)

sorry guys, but i'd rather keep my focus on George, not on the Halliwell Show...
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to yog_63 For This Useful Post:
Aggie (20th June 2017), DeepBlueDee (21st June 2017), GMMegaFan (20th June 2017), Moonchild (20th June 2017), Ozfan (22nd June 2017), suvernscorpio (20th June 2017)
Old 20th June 2017, 20:43
Flawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMfan87' View Post
I'm sure she has humor as GM was hanging out with her often for a time. Did some fans not like Geri because they were jealous of her time spent w/ G? There's nothing wrong with not liking it, I'm in the indifferent camp as well but the sentiment is nice,and the charity benefits most importantly.
Don't think jealousy is a reason. A lot of people simply find her annoying. She' been around for a long time but she's still a great wannabe. Wannabe singer, yoga teacher, cook whatever. People have their reasons for being sceptical. Especially since she's suddenly talking about a whole new album after being rejected by the record company for 12 years. She's always been doing this. As far as I remember she always managed to use every given oportunity to promote herself. It's a win-win situation for her as she's not investing her own money for this charity single. The recording's been paid by the record company. So if the single sells it's the company that get's money first. If there's anything left, it will go to charity. The Publicity for herself she has for now is so much more worth than anything this song will make.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Aggie For This Useful Post:
DeepBlueDee (21st June 2017), GMMegaFan (20th June 2017), Moonchild (20th June 2017), Ozfan (22nd June 2017), suvernscorpio (20th June 2017), Whamtastic (22nd June 2017), yog_63 (20th June 2017)
Old 20th June 2017, 21:06
GMMegaFan GMMegaFan est déconnecté
Flawless

Thanked 2,305 Times in 706 Posts

It is a decent song. I do not want to judge her intentions. Who knows what is in a person's heart and mind. But if she is going to on the back of this single's release use it to promote an album that is coming, it wont be nice.

For me it is like sops to GMs fans to use his song titles in the lyrics like she has. The line "George your faith will never end (you gotta have faith)" made me cringe. What exactly are the lyrics saying anyway? "You're not to blame" reminds GM fans of some song does it not....

If some money goes to charity, that is good. Geri is all over the place promoting and saying "George did this for me and that for me". The question that came to mind was "What did you do for him Geri?".
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to GMMegaFan For This Useful Post:
Aggie (20th June 2017), DeepBlueDee (21st June 2017), Fortheloveofyou (20th June 2017), GMfan87' (20th June 2017), maya (21st June 2017), snoopy (22nd June 2017), suvernscorpio (20th June 2017), yog_63 (20th June 2017)
Old 20th June 2017, 21:52
GMfan87' GMfan87' est actuellement connecté
Flawless

Thanked 1,715 Times in 822 Posts

Don't know much of her history , as once Spice Girls ended she was over in US as well, and I was never a fan of them. Hopefully it comes from the heart but like GMmegafan says who's to know.. and of course self promo, is involved as anyone who releases a single especially one who's career hasn't taken off solo. I prefer to keep focus on our beloved George , too, never been terribly interested in those connected to him, anyway besides chatting a bit here and there on the forum. As for what she did for GM maybe it was just he simply liked her company and trying to mentor her.
The Following User Says Thank You to GMfan87' For This Useful Post:
GMMegaFan (20th June 2017)
Old 20th June 2017, 21:54
Guinness Guinness est déconnecté
Flawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMegaFan View Post
It is a decent song. I do not want to judge her intentions. Who knows what is in a person's heart and mind. But if she is going to on the back of this single's release use it to promote an album that is coming, it wont be nice.

For me it is like sops to GMs fans to use his song titles in the lyrics like she has. The line "George your faith will never end (you gotta have faith)" made me cringe. What exactly are the lyrics saying anyway? "You're not to blame" reminds GM fans of some song does it not....

If some money goes to charity, that is good. Geri is all over the place promoting and saying "George did this for me and that for me". The question that came to mind was "What did you do for him Geri?".
Common guys, I think it's no point putting these questions that cannot be answered on the forums here. Sorry for my umpire status here. It only gives the impression that Geri should be ashamed somehow. For what! She has made a genuine song from the heart, which I happen to love. And I think it is beautiful that she made the song for George. And herewith also is a true gift to fans of George. Oh yeah, I have noticed on the tabloids throughout the many years that George and Geri have been befriended for very long. So Geri must have meant a lot for George. She even shared the first months of her firstborn with George. Believe me, they have given each other a very big gift there. That has meant not only something but a lot! A strong relationship between the two only makes a success in that possible. So quit discussing those things, because it makes me

Guinness
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Guinness For This Useful Post:
KojiTaku (23rd June 2017), VigilanteMovie (21st June 2017)
Old 20th June 2017, 22:01
Flawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinness View Post
Common guys, I think it's no point putting these questions that cannot be answered on the forums here. Sorry for my umpire status here. It only gives the impression that Geri should be ashamed somehow. For what! She has made a genuine song from the heart, which I happen to love. And I think it is beautiful that she made the song for George. And herewith also is a true gift to fans of George. Oh yeah, I have noticed on the tabloids throughout the many years that George and Geri have been befriended for very long. So Geri must have meant a lot for George. She even shared the first months of her firstborn with George. Believe me, they have given each other a very big gift there. That has meant not only something but a lot! A strong relationship between the two only makes a success in that possible. So quit discussing those things, because it makes me

Guinness
People here make valid points about her. It's their opinion and far from disrespectful. Really don't know why they should not express their concerns while it's ok for you to express your unfiltered Geri love.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aggie For This Useful Post:
DeepBlueDee (21st June 2017), suvernscorpio (21st June 2017)
Old 20th June 2017, 22:20
ladyjayne ladyjayne est actuellement connecté
Flawless

Thanked 3,054 Times in 893 Posts

She's not my cup of tea musically, but I struggle with the proposition that as a member of the most successful female band ever (whose departure led to it's speedy demise so presumably she wasn't just a spare part!) who then went on to have 3 or 4 no 1's in her own right, lacks any talent. I'm talentless (so far as being a recording artist is concerned) but it's a push to describe the female singer with the third-most number-one singles in UK singles chart history that way, surely? But of course people are free to dislike her and suspect her motives. At least her stories about George are pleasant and make him look good, which is more than can be said for others.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ladyjayne For This Useful Post:
Ciara1976 (21st June 2017), Kitty Purry (20th June 2017), KojiTaku (23rd June 2017), Ozfan (22nd June 2017), pas1974 (20th June 2017), VigilanteMovie (21st June 2017)
Old 20th June 2017, 22:32
Nanabug Nanabug est déconnecté
Flawless

Song is very decent. But more importantly is the love and admiration you can so clearly see when she talks about George. She obviously absolutely adored him and looked to him for advice both professionally and personally. Such a refreshing change to hear her sweet stories abt him. Kenny should take note and if/when he decides to speak abt George ever again know that this is what the fans want to hear abt rather than salacious gossipy stuff.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nanabug For This Useful Post:
KojiTaku (23rd June 2017), pas1974 (20th June 2017)
Old 20th June 2017, 22:33
pas1974 pas1974 est déconnecté
Cowboy or Angel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyjayne View Post
She's not my cup of tea musically, but I struggle with the proposition that as a member of the most successful female band ever (whose departure led to it's speedy demise so presumably she wasn't just a spare part!) who then went on to have 3 or 4 no 1's in her own right, lacks any talent. I'm talentless (so far as being a recording artist is concerned) but it's a push to describe the female singer with the third-most number-one singles in UK singles chart history that way, surely? But of course people are free to dislike her and suspect her motives. At least her stories about George are pleasant and make him look good, which is more than can be said for others.
Exactly my thoughts, thank you.