George Michael Forums

Go Back   George Michael Forums > George Michael > News

Old 22nd June 2017, 02:06
UnRayodeSol UnRayodeSol est déconnecté
Flawless

Thanked 3,049 Times in 1,465 Posts
Thumbs up

Oh really comforting and very sweet. Geri is alway the best at that! I love it!!! Thanks a lot to Geri too for her good tribute, all of them really, all tributes have been helping a lot to get through the mourning. At least to me. If only all mourning were like this one actually ironic life. Very intense man that he was in the pain and now in the healing he could not be least just through all his friends

Very well done. thanks a lot again!
Old 22nd June 2017, 02:16
DonnaJ DonnaJ est déconnecté
Young Gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by qp65 View Post
The video is very good, which made me a bit emotional again.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmT2aSEayWQ
Video is great - and yes, I am in tears! When will this grief end????

I am struck by the singers and musicians-they seemed so happy to be back together and singing the "George classic lyrics". Imagine how they feel having sung and toured with him for decades. He really is AMAZING! I do not have any Geri criticism. The song is pretty, video is great, and she really does appear to love him. Like everyone, who does not have a major crush on George!

Last edited by DonnaJ; 22nd June 2017 at 09:46..
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DonnaJ For This Useful Post:
daztew (24th June 2017), KojiTaku (23rd June 2017), suvernscorpio (22nd June 2017), VigilanteMovie (22nd June 2017)
Old 22nd June 2017, 02:45
Nanabug Nanabug est déconnecté
Flawless

The video is really sweet. I liked seeing George's backing singers together again. You could see they felt happy to be together again too. I don't know anything much about Geri but she seems very sincere in her desire to honor her beloved friend and keep his memory and his charity causes alive.
The Following User Says Thank You to Nanabug For This Useful Post:
VigilanteMovie (22nd June 2017)
Old 22nd June 2017, 07:00
snoopy snoopy est déconnecté

The song is better than I expected. I don't really get the lyrics, and I'm not sure that I like the fact that she used George's lyrics in this song. As someone previously said, I don't think any tribute will live up to the standard set by George.

George did give a lot to Geri, and in return, I think Geri gave George the gift of being needed. I never knew that she stayed in his house for several months after Bluebell was born. It must have been a scary time for her to suddenly have an unexpected fallout with the father and a newborn to care for. George was raised to look after women, he was responsible for chaperoning his older sister when they went out in their teen years. So I see how this extended into his adult life. It also gave him a sense of the family life he could have had if he were straight.

I find it strange that she refers to him as a father figure. He was only 10 years older than her, I would call that more of a brother than a father. She definitely needed someone to fill the father role in her life.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to snoopy For This Useful Post:
GMfan87' (22nd June 2017), Kitty Purry (22nd June 2017), KojiTaku (23rd June 2017), ladyjayne (22nd June 2017), Ozfan (23rd June 2017)
Old 22nd June 2017, 18:13
EmilyPost EmilyPost est déconnecté
#######

Thanked 25,981 Times in 7,383 Posts

The song is pleasant enough and clearly heartfelt. The video featuring George's singers was very nice. I can't say that it is that memorable however.
The Following User Says Thank You to EmilyPost For This Useful Post:
KojiTaku (23rd June 2017)
Old 22nd June 2017, 18:31
heights91 heights91 est déconnecté
Flawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by qp65 View Post
The video is very good, which made me a bit emotional again.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmT2aSEayWQ
It's ok. It might grow on me but I doubt I'll hear it much in the US. The words don't make a lot of sense to me. Just an opportunity to throw in GM song phrases. That part seems really opportunistic. I can't help but think that George could have tweaked it and it would be a great song. I thought George and Geri had a falling out in the last few years but I see she was at his Olympics after party.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to heights91 For This Useful Post:
GMfan87' (22nd June 2017), GMthx (24th June 2017)
Old 22nd June 2017, 19:37
GMfan87' GMfan87' est actuellement connecté
Flawless

Thanked 1,715 Times in 822 Posts

Think it was more like he backed away from seeing her as much, (guesing because of his comment about her living for the publicity) but remained friends.
Old 22nd June 2017, 20:12
TrojanSoul TrojanSoul est déconnecté
Star People

I have to give Geri the benefit of the doubt. She clearly was a fan as well as his friend, and obviously had a huge crush on George, along with many other women of her generation. I think the song is a genuine tribute to him, not just a blatant self promotion. I'm so jealous that she got to do what lots of us would love to have done, and be part of his life.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TrojanSoul For This Useful Post:
GMfan87' (22nd June 2017), Heidi1 (12th August 2017), KojiTaku (23rd June 2017), suvernscorpio (23rd June 2017)
Old 22nd June 2017, 22:09
Guinness Guinness est déconnecté
Flawless

I've just been able to see the video. Twice. Beautiful. Also nice to see the artists again who have accompanied George for all those year.

xxxxx (big kiss) Guinness
The Following User Says Thank You to Guinness For This Useful Post:
KojiTaku (23rd June 2017)
Old 23rd June 2017, 00:09
gm06 gm06 est déconnecté
Young Gun

The first Geri's song that I can listen. Very good job.
Old 23rd June 2017, 09:20
Darth Father Figure Darth Father Figure est déconnecté

Quote:
Originally Posted by heights91 View Post
It's ok. It might grow on me but I doubt I'll hear it much in the US. The words don't make a lot of sense to me. Just an opportunity to throw in GM song phrases. That part seems really opportunistic. I can't help but think that George could have tweaked it and it would be a great song. I thought George and Geri had a falling out in the last few years but I see she was at his Olympics after party.
Is there anyone left George didn't had a falling out with the last years?
The Following User Says Thank You to Darth Father Figure For This Useful Post:
Heidi1 (12th August 2017)
Old 23rd June 2017, 15:22
GMMegaFan GMMegaFan est déconnecté
Flawless

Thanked 2,305 Times in 706 Posts
Default GMs items in Auction

These are the items from Lot 88 to Lot 95 that are/were on auction at Bonhams. GM giving these items to various charities for auction seems to be where most of them came from. I was wondering if the family would quietly buy back the significant items and the items which have several copies etc leave it. Now all these items have been marked as "Withdrawn" :
George Michael: The black leather biker jacket worn in the 'Faith' video
George Michael: A pair of Ray-Ban sunglasses,
George Michael: Handwritten notes relating to his lawsuit with Sony

Maybe the estate quietly bought it back? The only items of significance still on auction are the IWYS jacket and MTV 1994 black leather coat
http://www.bonhams.com/search/?q=geo...orge%2Bmichael

Last edited by GMMegaFan; 23rd June 2017 at 20:12..
Old 23rd June 2017, 15:54
KojiTaku KojiTaku est déconnecté
GMFs-unfit

Xmas

@GMMegaFan: maybe the wrong thread?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm06 View Post
The first Geri's song that I can listen. Very good job.
Count me in!
... can listen again!
Old 23rd June 2017, 18:16
GMMegaFan GMMegaFan est déconnecté
Flawless

Thanked 2,305 Times in 706 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KojiTaku View Post
@GMMegaFan: maybe the wrong thread?
Count me in!
... can listen again!
Earlier on in this thread there was a discussion about the memorabilia on auction. So this was a followup
Old 23rd June 2017, 18:33
Nanabug Nanabug est déconnecté
Flawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopy View Post
The song is better than I expected. I don't really get the lyrics, and I'm not sure that I like the fact that she used George's lyrics in this song. As someone previously said, I don't think any tribute will live up to the standard set by George.

George did give a lot to Geri, and in return, I think Geri gave George the gift of being needed. I never knew that she stayed in his house for several months after Bluebell was born. It must have been a scary time for her to suddenly have an unexpected fallout with the father and a newborn to care for. George was raised to look after women, he was responsible for chaperoning his older sister when they went out in their teen years. So I see how this extended into his adult life. It also gave him a sense of the family life he could have had if he were straight.

I find it strange that she refers to him as a father figure. He was only 10 years older than her, I would call that more of a brother than a father. She definitely needed someone to fill the father role in her life.
I am thinking he was a father figure to her daughter and that's what she meant. Plus she was using the title of his song as well.