George Michael Forums

Go Back   George Michael Forums > George Michael > News

Old 23rd June 2017, 18:34
Nanabug Nanabug est déconnecté
Flawless

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.the...riendship/amp/

Better info abt George and Geri's time together.
Old 23rd June 2017, 20:02
ladyjayne ladyjayne est actuellement connecté
Flawless

Thanked 3,054 Times in 893 Posts

Apparently she's playing G-A-Y on Saturday night with George's musicians. Gotta admire her energy 5 months after giving birth!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...bute-song.html
Old 23rd June 2017, 21:05
alexa alexa est déconnecté
Young Gun

I have just seen the Video. It's not the greatest song, but it's not bad either.

George wrote songs about the people he loved, so someone doing the same for him is kind of nice. It's was also a chance for his band to say goodbye musically.
The Following User Says Thank You to alexa For This Useful Post:
LYDIA (24th June 2017)
Old 24th June 2017, 09:04
GMthx GMthx est déconnecté
Flawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopy View Post
The song is better than I expected. I don't really get the lyrics, and I'm not sure that I like the fact that she used George's lyrics in this song. As someone previously said, I don't think any tribute will live up to the standard set by George.

George did give a lot to Geri, and in return, I think Geri gave George the gift of being needed. I never knew that she stayed in his house for several months after Bluebell was born. It must have been a scary time for her to suddenly have an unexpected fallout with the father and a newborn to care for. George was raised to look after women, he was responsible for chaperoning his older sister when they went out in their teen years. So I see how this extended into his adult life. It also gave him a sense of the family life he could have had if he were straight.

I find it strange that she refers to him as a father figure. He was only 10 years older than her, I would call that more of a brother than a father. She definitely needed someone to fill the father role in her life.
It's funny how the story had changed in the news as I had always heard he let her stay in the regents park home so she could have privacy with the baby. That was also repeated in earlier articles in the last few days. Im sure he came around a lot. But now she is saying they lived together after the baby. I don't think she lived at the highgate house then.
The Following User Says Thank You to GMthx For This Useful Post:
DeepBlueDee (26th June 2017)
Old 26th June 2017, 13:56
VigilanteMovie VigilanteMovie est déconnecté
Flawless

Geri's performance at G.A.Y. on Saturday night/Sunday morning is on Youtube. She was backed by Chris Cameron, Phil, Shirley, Jay and Shirley's sister Dee Lewis and performed AIC as well as a medley of the two Freedoms. Also, for those in the UK, don't forget The One Show tonight.
Old 26th June 2017, 21:48
Aimee Aimee est déconnecté
Young Gun

Geri and George's background singers just performed Angels in chains on BBC1
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08w2h01
Old 26th June 2017, 23:05
WhamMan WhamMan est déconnecté

Thanked 1,105 Times in 366 Posts

Poor Geri. She's taking quite a bashing here. I like her and I like a few of her songs too.

In fact I've long thought that George had a hand in writing Bag It Up. To my ear it sounds sooo George of that time.

Angels in Chains is a genuine tribute to me and it's a half decent song too.

And lets not forget that 5 of George's long-standing band plus Chris Porter have put their name to it and wouldn't have done that lightly. Chris Cameron, Phil Palmer and Chris Porter are extremely accomplished musicians who don't need the publicity. I'm sure the same is true of the backing singers but I know less about them away from their life with George.

I've found it intensely moving watching the 6 of them in the video. Very poignant seeing them perform with 'the boss'. So different to the last time I saw them (well some of them) together with George in Vienna.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WhamMan For This Useful Post:
bettyblue (27th June 2017), VigilanteMovie (27th June 2017)
Old 26th June 2017, 23:08
WhamMan WhamMan est déconnecté

Thanked 1,105 Times in 366 Posts

George once said if he was straight Geri was exactly the sort of woman he'd want to be with.

So I think that says much of what you'd want to know about what he thought of her.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WhamMan For This Useful Post:
Heidi1 (12th August 2017), Nanabug (27th June 2017)
Old 27th June 2017, 01:51
Flawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamMan View Post
George once said if he was straight Geri was exactly the sort of woman he'd want to be with.

So I think that says much of what you'd want to know about what he thought of her.
I actually think the opinions of Geri here have been varied and not indicative of her taking a beating. As far as the comment above - are you referring to the interview quiz he gave for charity (I can't recall which charity but it was a 20 questions sort of thing). Only reference I know to what you say here and it's not quite the same context as how you put it - as he was referring to whether she'd be his type in bed after being asked about a rumour if they ever had gotten together despite him being gay. I can't seem to pull it up easily at the moment. Unless you have something else?
Regardless, George's friendship with Geri, particularly during the "Kenny years," was obviously a good one. I don't think there is much disagreement there.

Last edited by GMthx; 27th June 2017 at 02:13..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GMthx For This Useful Post:
GMfan87' (27th June 2017), Heidi1 (12th August 2017)
Old 27th June 2017, 04:40
GMMegaFan GMMegaFan est déconnecté
Flawless

Thanked 2,305 Times in 706 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMthx View Post
Only reference I know to what you say here and it's not quite the same context as how you put it - as he was referring to whether she'd be his type in bed after being asked about a rumour if they ever had gotten together despite him being gay. I can't seem to pull it up easily at the moment. Unless you have something else?
Probably this is the interview you are speaking about. The one with Piers Morgan for the Daily Mirror after GM said he would speak to any tabloid about anything if they promoted NetAid.
Q: Geri Halliwell. Is it true that you and Kenny teamed up for a threesome with her?
A: I've heard that one but it's false, very false.
Q: Any semblance of truth?
A: None whatsoever. But if I was going to revert, then I'd say Geri's probably worth it. She's great looking but that's as far as it goes.
Q: Do you maintain that she was the sexiest Spice Girl?
A: By far. Haven't you seen her latest video? She's definitely the sexiest of those girls. I'm a Ginger rather than a Posh any day. I like girls with a bit of meat on them.
Q: If you had to have sex with one woman, who would it be?
A: In history, I'd say Elizabeth Taylor. Right now, Halle Berry.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GMMegaFan For This Useful Post:
GMfan87' (27th June 2017), GMthx (27th June 2017), Heidi1 (12th August 2017), Onemoretry (27th June 2017)
Old 1st July 2017, 03:39
Flawless

http://metro.co.uk/2017/06/30/geri-h...chart-6747138/
The Following User Says Thank You to GMthx For This Useful Post:
DeepBlueDee (3rd July 2017)
Old 3rd July 2017, 05:18
DeepBlueDee DeepBlueDee est déconnecté
Flawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMthx View Post
Was just about to post this myself, and saw you already had...

Geri Horner’s tribute single for George Michael fails to make the Official Top 40 Singles Chart

Sadly, can't say that I'm exactly surprised. Feel bad for his band and that less money will go to Childline, though.
Old 3rd July 2017, 05:36
SirLala SirLala est déconnecté
Flawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepBlueDee View Post
Was just about to post this myself, and saw you already had...

Geri Horner’s tribute single for George Michael fails to make the Official Top 40 Singles Chart

Sadly, can't say that I'm exactly surprised. Feel bad for his band and that less money will go to Childline, though.
Hopefully, that Naughty Boy song is true so they can donate the royalties of that song to childline, since that might have a better chance of at least being a top ten hit.
Old 13th July 2017, 20:19
GoodFairy GoodFairy est déconnecté
Flawless

Default Geri Horner continues to promote her poignant George Michael tribute single

Slim Geri Horner teams pastel pink biker jacket with skinny jeans as she continues to promote her poignant George Michael tribute single
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...hael-song.html
(or maybe I'd rather move this to the 'Fashion' topic thread... )
Old 13th July 2017, 23:57
GMfan87' GMfan87' est actuellement connecté
Flawless

Thanked 1,715 Times in 822 Posts

She looks way too skinny here , hope she doesn't have any issues with that.