George Michael Forums

Go Back   George Michael Forums > George Michael > News

Old 19th January 2017, 22:55
qp65 qp65 est déconnecté
Flawless

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/articl...-collaboration

I thought when Naughty Boy mentioned that George would have an album out in 2017, he meant a studio album but not a re-release. I am hoping for the rumored dancing album, which presumably was finished in 2012. George's former manager mentioned his new songs in a recent interview published on the Billboard magazine after his passing.
The Following User Says Thank You to qp65 For This Useful Post:
pas1974 (19th January 2017)
Old 19th January 2017, 23:02
freedom! freedom! est déconnecté
Young Gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by empty charms View Post
No. I read somewhere that his grandfather (Colin's father) commited suicide after 7 months, depresed after Colin's suicide. Not Colin. Colin took his life on 25 june. George never transformed his life more tragical than it was, turned into a soap. He simply told the truth.
Ah ok that makes sense. So George was born and Colin commits suicde on the same day and then Colin's dad commits suicide 7 months later.

1963 was a very bad year for Lesley !
Old 19th January 2017, 23:04
freedom! freedom! est déconnecté
Young Gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeph11 View Post
That was post the Snappy-Snaps crash and prison sentence and pre-Symphonica, probably early 2011, if I remember correctly. At the time, George was being photographed with several men, Fadi among them. During the pneumonia, Fadi seemed to assume more prominence, being photographed at the hospital along with George's inner circle, David and the sisters among them. He was officially "the boyfriend" shortly afterwards.

Since the falling out the car (2013), it's been pretty much total silence from George in public. He did a small amount of voiceover work for a Symphonica documentary, but other than that, I can't remember him speaking or singing at all since that event.
Thats what I thought - since the fall I have not heard his voice at all. I actually think the Symphonica voice over was before the car fall.
Old 20th January 2017, 01:05
WhamMan WhamMan est déconnecté

Has this been posted yet? Update on Naughty Boy collaboration which seems to be genuine and mostly in the can before George died. It might appear as a single.

The Following User Says Thank You to WhamMan For This Useful Post:
Notorious (20th January 2017)
Old 20th January 2017, 01:17
purceg purceg est déconnecté
Flawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelfish View Post
Is or isn't legally his? How could George's vocals, music, and production be his? George wrote it all. If Andros has some sort of claim to this... Wouldn't that mean while George was alive he could've gotten a producer and released these songs years ago?

Maybe he has the only masters of at least part of the album, maybe vocals that weren't ever mixed in with music, and claims they his physical property?

And he and his wife have done other things they could've been sued for.

I just hope if anything is done with this, it's done/released by those George himself left in charge of his affairs concerning music.
Think of it this way, if you are an employee or contractor, you are in contract with the employer. If there is an intellectual property clause, anything you create or invent during your tenure remains the property of the employer. I would imagine that artists operate under something similar with a record company but they are awarded creation "credit" and perhaps major shareholding of the product. If George was presumably a contractor to Aegean, this intellectual property agreement may have been in place. However, I have done some looking! George and Andros were both (equal?) Directors of Aegean.net. So the fact that one former director has intellectual property of the company still in his posession, suggests that it was either A) a reproduced and stolen copy or B) retained as part of his departure from the board. For all we know, there could be an ongoing legal dispute regarding the material. Pure speculation though! Guess we will never know, hopefully it is released (or not) in line with the rest of his estate and wishes.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/c...81426/officers
Old 20th January 2017, 01:31
tropik-ana tropik-ana est déconnecté
Young Gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucidVoice View Post

Before that was Anselmo, where George first got into bad addictions. How that ended shows what kind of relationship he had.

How that ended only shows you that people get sick, and that they die.

It doesn't show you the type of relationship they had.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tropik-ana For This Useful Post:
Kazza (20th January 2017), pas1974 (20th January 2017), zeph11 (20th January 2017)
Old 20th January 2017, 03:05
freeek freeek est déconnecté
I ain't Mr. Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by qp65 View Post

I thought when Naughty Boy mentioned that George would have an album out in 2017, he meant a studio album but not a re-release. I am hoping for the rumored dancing album, which presumably was finished in 2012. George's former manager mentioned his new songs in a recent interview published on the Billboard magazine after his passing.
I imagine Naughty Boy would have been working as a producer on a new studio album which George had already started working on over the last few years, perhaps as a way of speeding the project up a bit!

I do hope we hear the single collaboration though.

I genuinely believe we will get to hear the dance album (which was almost certain to be finished) as well as the album that White Light was to be featured on (which was apparently completed as well but that was when things started to go downhill rapidly) as well as any other finished, unreleased work. I know there's bit a bit of debate about whether anyone has the right to release music that George didn't deem fit for release, but I think the stuff I've mentioned is finished, and the reason for its non-release is because George wasn't in a fit state to release it.
The Following User Says Thank You to freeek For This Useful Post:
snoopy (20th January 2017)
Old 20th January 2017, 04:04
Notorious Notorious est déconnecté

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeek View Post
I imagine Naughty Boy would have been working as a producer on a new studio album which George had already started working on over the last few years, perhaps as a way of speeding the project up a bit!

I do hope we hear the single collaboration though.

I genuinely believe we will get to hear the dance album (which was almost certain to be finished) as well as the album that White Light was to be featured on (which was apparently completed as well but that was when things started to go downhill rapidly) as well as any other finished, unreleased work. I know there's bit a bit of debate about whether anyone has the right to release music that George didn't deem fit for release, but I think the stuff I've mentioned is finished, and the reason for its non-release is because George wasn't in a fit state to release it.

A bit optimistic i think - sounds like one and the same album to me. Hope I'm proven wrong though.
Old 20th January 2017, 04:16
freeek freeek est déconnecté
I ain't Mr. Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notorious View Post
A bit optimistic i think - sounds like one and the same album to me. Hope I'm proven wrong though.
Perhaps I'm mis-remembering, but I thought the dance album was music in the vein of EOL, and then there was work done on an album of proper pop music, that George commented was the first proper pop music he had written since the Faith days.

You're probably right though! But it's nice to dream