George Michael Forums

Go Back   George Michael Forums > George Michael > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 20th October 2016, 01:44
Parklife Parklife est actuellement connecté
Flawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamMan View Post
I take them so I don't feel depressed! If I don't take them I'd feel depressed! But I think you can work that out for yourself. Possibly what you mean is you don't really know what depression is?

I could try and describe it to you but again, everyone's a bit different and to be honest I'm loathe to talk about it too much when I'm feeling okay.

Any reputable health site will make a good job of explaining it. Try the good old NHS:

http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Depress...roduction.aspx

And maybe try the NHS test:

http://www.nhs.uk/Tools/Pages/depression.aspx
I didn't know too much about it until recently when a friend of mine suffered from it so i did some research. As part of this I read a book called Black Rainbow by Rachel Kelly which is is story of a very successful woman with a perfect life who suffered from it on and off over the years...and how she coped (using poetry to help her). There is a lot more to it than feeling a bit sad and down which is what most people think. What i didn't appreciate is how physically debilitating it can be as well. People actually feel physical pain from mental depression.