George Michael Forums

Go Back   George Michael Forums > George Michael > General Discussion

Old 14th October 2016, 18:30
zeph11 zeph11 est déconnecté
Flawless

Thanked 1,785 Times in 557 Posts

The weight gain seems like a minor thing that most fans are going to brush off with an "If he's happy, we're happy." It doesn't surprise me at all -- George's dad became heavier with age, and I've just assumed that George, being his father's son, would as well.

...However, this is George we're talking about here, and I can't help but wonder if there's another shoe to drop. Peace, can you tell us if the "bad" thing you refer to is just the weight gain, or is it something else? I mean, can we let out a sigh of relief now, or do we have to keep wondering/worrying?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zeph11 For This Useful Post:
Angelfish (14th October 2016), hugh jass (14th October 2016), KojiTaku (14th October 2016)
Old 14th October 2016, 18:48
qp65 qp65 est déconnecté
Flawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeph11 View Post
The weight gain seems like a minor thing that most fans are going to brush off with an "If he's happy, we're happy." It doesn't surprise me at all -- George's dad became heavier with age, and I've just assumed that George, being his father's son, would as well.

...However, this is George we're talking about here, and I can't help but wonder if there's another shoe to drop. Peace, can you tell us if the "bad" thing you refer to is just the weight gain, or is it something else? I mean, can we let out a sigh of relief now, or do we have to keep wondering/worrying?
Agree! Peace should make more comments since she has started this thread with such a sensational title. at least, say whether "bad" was referred to weight gain.
The Following User Says Thank You to qp65 For This Useful Post:
Angelfish (14th October 2016)
Old 14th October 2016, 19:36
Angelfish Angelfish est déconnecté
Flawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeph11 View Post

Also agree. Is it too much to ask for some closure on this topic? Because a 53 year old man putting on weight isn't some horrible, shocking thing.
The Following User Says Thank You to Angelfish For This Useful Post:
KojiTaku (14th October 2016)
Old 14th October 2016, 21:42
EmilyPost EmilyPost est déconnecté
#######

Thanked 25,398 Times in 7,196 Posts

Give it a rest. The pictures are plenty bad enough and you can't force another member to post no matter how much you cajole. It doesn't work.

On a happier note,Kenny looks marvelous.

http://www.dallasnews.com/arts/visua...inter-jos-parl
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EmilyPost For This Useful Post:
KojiTaku (16th October 2016), LYDIA (15th October 2016)
Old 14th October 2016, 22:12
Flawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilyPost View Post
Give it a rest. The pictures are plenty bad enough and you can't force another member to post no matter how much you cajole. It doesn't work.

Wow, he looks the same. He's a little bit older than George isn't he?
Old 14th October 2016, 22:20
Onef*ckfantasy Onef*ckfantasy est déconnecté

Thanked 1,394 Times in 528 Posts

Nice to see Kenny, I quite liked him (from the little we knew).
Old 14th October 2016, 22:31
Flawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onef*ckfantasy View Post
Nice to see Kenny, I quite liked him (from the little we knew).
Yeah, I don't know of anything ever stated publicly by him to do with George. Considering the roller coaster their relationship probably was, that says something for his character.
Old 14th October 2016, 22:42
Notorious Notorious est déconnecté

George's weight gain just doesn’t look normal for those saying he's just ageing. We’ve never seen him put the pounds on around his face and neck. It’s generally his belly that goes up and down (heh, heh). This is without doubt induced by medication. Wonder what the rest of him looks like? Hopefully not in proportion with his head.

And everyone going on about anxiety, depression . . .were all just speculating. Anxiety is such a catch all phrase these days especially amongst celebs, and generally means something else is stopping them from being out these. Can’t believe a man who basically single handily faced such staggering crowd numbers during the last 2 tours has a serious issue with anxiety.

Last edited by Notorious; 14th October 2016 at 22:52..
The Following User Says Thank You to Notorious For This Useful Post:
KojiTaku (16th October 2016)
Old 14th October 2016, 23:09
mariblu mariblu est déconnecté
Flawless

Thanked 1,718 Times in 624 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilyPost View Post

Sorry but never liked the comparison... First of all totaly different pics... George probably didn't know they was taking a pic... Nothing against Kenny but I think he's different if you take a pic of him in a private moment...
Old 14th October 2016, 23:27
Notorious Notorious est déconnecté

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariblu View Post
Sorry but never liked the comparison... First of all totaly different pics... George probably didn't know they was taking a pic... Nothing against Kenny but I think he's different if you take a pic of him in a private moment...
Sorry, but no amount of mood lighting or chiseling in cheek bones gonna do much justice to George's current weight gain.
Old 14th October 2016, 23:31
Flawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notorious View Post
George's weight gain just doesn’t look normal for those saying he's just ageing. We’ve never seen him put the pounds on around his face and neck. It’s generally his belly that goes up and down (heh, heh). This is without doubt induced by medication. Wonder what the rest of him looks like? Hopefully not in proportion with his head.

And everyone going on about anxiety, depression . . .were all just speculating. Anxiety is such a catch all phrase these days especially amongst celebs, and generally means something else is stopping them from being out these. Can’t believe a man who basically single handily faced such staggering crowd numbers during the last 2 tours has a serious issue with anxiety.
Anxiety and its intensity can change, drastically. That fall out of a car may have made it worse or it may have just gotten worse on its own. Clinical depression and anxiety go together. Panic attacks can begin to strike any time. You don't have to be a celebrity to know how bad, crippling, these can be.

Along with my other physical health problems I have dealt with this all my life.

There were times I was able to do things that at other times were unimaginable.

It's very hard for most who haven't suffered from it to comprehend. Which only makes things worse.

If that's what he's got it can explain his behaviors and his weight gain.
The Following User Says Thank You to Angelfish For This Useful Post:
SonyPaysMe (19th October 2016)
Old 14th October 2016, 23:49
Onef*ckfantasy Onef*ckfantasy est déconnecté

Thanked 1,394 Times in 528 Posts

My hunch is that GM's weight gain is due to medication and/or possibly depression - it doesn't look regular ageing.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Onef*ckfantasy For This Useful Post:
Angelfish (15th October 2016), pas1974 (15th October 2016), Verena (15th October 2016)
Old 15th October 2016, 03:18
snoopy snoopy est déconnecté

I agree, it looks like this is a combination of weight gain and water retention. I think both of these can be caused by depression/anxiety meds.

I think the bigger issue is that George has had a blank look in his eyes since he has been at the rehab in Switzerland. I am wondering what benefits he is actually getting from the meds - possible risk of diabetes, etc. and a numb look in his eyes. He looked so much happier when he was on the illegal self-medication route.
The Following User Says Thank You to snoopy For This Useful Post:
Angelfish (15th October 2016)
Old 15th October 2016, 11:36
sugarlips sugarlips est déconnecté
Young Gun

Snoopy your post implies that GM has now checked out of the Swiss clinic, this is news to me when did that happen? Is he based in London now?

And where were these recent shots taken? It's odd that the tabloids haven't picked up on them - unless the label has hushed them so it doesn't impact sales of LWP?!

Edit to add: I don't think it's unreasonable for loyal fans to question his whereabouts or wellbeing, I'm a big Prince fan and am devastated at what happened this year and why/how it happened to such a big star - in this day and age you would've thought our heroes would be very well cared for by those around them but it seems an occupation of pop star continues to mean you have a high chance of shortening your lifespan :/
Old 15th October 2016, 12:37
Flawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarlips View Post
Snoopy your post implies that GM has now checked out of the Swiss clinic, this is news to me when did that happen? Is he based in London now?

And where were these recent shots taken? It's odd that the tabloids haven't picked up on them - unless the label has hushed them so it doesn't impact sales of LWP?!

Edit to add: I don't think it's unreasonable for loyal fans to question his whereabouts or wellbeing, I'm a big Prince fan and am devastated at what happened this year and why/how it happened to such a big star - in this day and age you would've thought our heroes would be very well cared for by those around them but it seems an occupation of pop star continues to mean you have a high chance of shortening your lifespan :/
I have heard people saying they think for a long time he's just been a shut in somewhere. I have also heard he had checked into the Swiss rehab, (but also heard his people denied that.)

This post makes me wonder now, is it believed he has been in rehab for the entirety of this time he's been 'missing'.? I'm wondering if the push back to March 2017 on the LWP/docu date is in any way related.

Anyway, the photos were published in a Finnish paper, maybe he's in Finland, but I think they say he's in the UK (Oxfordshire?) at a restaurant. (google translate isn't the best.)

I've been wondering why they weren't in any other tabloids, but that they aren't is a good thing. I don't think he has anything to be ashamed of, but I'm sure he wouldn't want these circulating everywhere.

As usual, a lot of questions and a lot of silence.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Angelfish For This Useful Post:
KojiTaku (16th October 2016), mariblu (15th October 2016)