George Michael Forums

Go Back   George Michael Forums > George Michael > General Discussion

Old 18th October 2016, 00:01
Angelfish Angelfish est déconnecté
Flawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSL View Post
Not quite true. If this did happen he would be dead. Period. I know the area, it was rush hour so it was maximum 30mph which is probably why he survived.
Huh. Interesting. That number is the reported everywhere, but anyway, from what the eyewitness who nearly hit him, then blocked him with her car to help said, it sounded pretty gruesome.

He was in hospital at least two weeks after, wasn't he? Whatever the speed of the car he's still lucky to have survived that. I cringe just thinking of it.
Old 18th October 2016, 00:53
WhamMan WhamMan est déconnecté

Who knows what the world record speed is for surviving falling out of car. I certainly agree with HSL that survival is statistically unlikely above 30mph.

I did an experiment and drove my car at 20mph not long after the crash. I asked myself if I fancied jumping out and seeing if I got away with just a couple of scratches like George allegedly did. No chance.

Would you even fancy jumping off a roundabout in a children's play park without breaking something? And I doubt that even gets above 10mph and yes, I know centripetal forces are also to be considered here but I'm sure you get the point.

So either he was incredibly fortunate. Or his injuries were worse than made out. Or the car was travelling at a very low speed or possibly even stopped probably because George was psychotic and the driver was trying to get across to the side of the motorway. And quite possibly a combination of all 3.

I forget exactly what they said but the manufacturers of Range Rover later insisted it wasn't possible that the sequence of events could have been as George's people said (faulty door) due to safety systems.

I'm probably one of the people considered 'negative' by some people. Personally I like to think I don't wear the rose tinted spectacles that some people have. But let's be clear. I still the love the guy. I just don't like him very much at the moment.
The Following User Says Thank You to WhamMan For This Useful Post:
Angelfish (18th October 2016)
Old 18th October 2016, 01:45
wena wena est déconnecté
Flawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelfish View Post
Great post. Sad but true.

And I wouldn't want him to 'do an Elvis'... But it's tragic his self esteem issues will keep him away from everything. I still think if he's going to basically retire, though, fans deserve at least a generic official statement for some closure... You can always come out of retirement...
I totally agree with you. If George is going to retire, i guess, we as fans, at least although it is not his obligaton to do so) deserve an official statement.
Old 18th October 2016, 02:06
Flawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamMan View Post
Who knows what the world record speed is for surviving falling out of car. I certainly agree with HSL that survival is statistically unlikely above 30mph.

I did an experiment and drove my car at 20mph not long after the crash. I asked myself if I fancied jumping out and seeing if I got away with just a couple of scratches like George allegedly did. No chance.

Would you even fancy jumping off a roundabout in a children's play park without breaking something? And I doubt that even gets above 10mph and yes, I know centripetal forces are also to be considered here but I'm sure you get the point.

So either he was incredibly fortunate. Or his injuries were worse than made out. Or the car was travelling at a very low speed or possibly even stopped probably because George was psychotic and the driver was trying to get across to the side of the motorway. And quite possibly a combination of all 3.

I forget exactly what they said but the manufacturers of Range Rover later insisted it wasn't possible that the sequence of events could have been as George's people said (faulty door) due to safety systems.

I'm probably one of the people considered 'negative' by some people. Personally I like to think I don't wear the rose tinted spectacles that some people have. But let's be clear. I still the love the guy. I just don't like him very much at the moment.
I've wondered a long time about the Range Rover safety thing. I mean, this is brand new is top of the line. My 98 Chevy and 09 dodge would auto lock the doors once you got above about 15 mph I think.

Another elephant in the room. I've never believed that story was being told quite right.

The description of him being so covered in blood the lady who stopped didn't recognize him, and his clothes shredded and being in shock... I can't help feeling that he had more than some superficial injuries, although a lack of broken bones is quite a miracle. And had to laugh at the merry go round analogy. Those things always freaked me out if someone got one going fast.

By the way I think your last few sentences there are a perfect way to sum up how I've been feeling. I don't like what's going on lately, but it doesn't mean I don't care.. I'm just not the type who can defend or simply ignore what I clearly see, after I've given it the benefit of the doubt. Being realistic seems to be akin to sacrilege with some GM fans.

He's like one of those boyfriends you keep taking back, over and over, because there's something so endearing about him, even though he's also a royal pain.. And half the time you don't know whether you want to kiss him or slap him. Lol.
Old 18th October 2016, 02:28
Parklife Parklife est déconnecté
Flawless

I'm not "annoyed" or "angry". There is clearly something very wrong which is personal (and whether it's physical or mental or both i don't know). I don't believe for a moment he is sitting at home enjoying life without worry and at the same time ignoring his loyal fan base. I am worried for him and i would like to know how he is but i don't believe i have some kind of right to such personal information just because i happen to have bought his records for over 30 years.

His life over recent years has not exactly endeared people to him; quite the opposite i expect. I'm sure he is very aware of that and maybe he doesn't care any more. Perhaps just sorting himself out is more important.

it's easy to criticise but i think there is enough out there to suggest the man is sick or recovering from sickness. Let's just leave him be and see where it goes. For him to send a tweet saying he's struggling is just not what he does or has ever done. Why would he start now! Just look at him? There is something up. Todays society just expects detailed explanations of everything. Some things are private and if the person prefers to keep it that way then so be it!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Parklife For This Useful Post:
BANDIT (18th October 2016), KDM (8th January 2017), KojiTaku (18th October 2016), pas1974 (18th October 2016), qp65 (18th October 2016), slash_mj (18th October 2016)
Old 18th October 2016, 03:37
Flawless

I'm not sure if someone else did, but I never insinuated he should be tweeting about his personal problems. Just that an occasional hello, or responses thanking people for comments from his official people would've been a good thing. If he is intending to continue a career, anyway.

I don't believe celebrities 'owe' disclosure of their personal lives or details to press or fans, far from it.

(When I say his fans have been ignored when asking for just so much as a word on if he's okay, I meant they've been ignored by his official sites. And if there had been something as simple as a 'taking some personal time' they probably wouldn't have been asking so much, anyway.)

But you can't have your cake and eat it too, and there is a cruelty to simply slamming the door in the face of an incredibly tolerant and caring fan base like GM has without a simple statement from his people, retirement, whatever, IMO. Leaving them dangling, many of them expecting and hoping he's going to come back as they remember him from a few years ago.

Which I doubt is likely.

I don't think just because he has gained weight and become detached publicly means he is as bad off as people seem to be assuming. He may very well have been the one to tweet that model video. He may not be perfectly happy and healthy but a lot of people aren't. We obviously don't know what's going on.

Also, I don't think saying, 'that's just how so and so is', is much of an excuse for anything. Maybe with all the political garbage going on in my country which is inexcusable that's on my mind more, but really. That's the sort of mentality that defends some pretty horrible people. Not saying George is horrible. Just that in a general way, I dislike the use of that attitude as a cop out.

Another thing. If he wants to be left alone and uninvolved then I don't know why he'd be doing this documentary. Why not just have reissued lwp25?

Last edited by Angelfish; 18th October 2016 at 04:09..
Old 18th October 2016, 11:06
Flawless

The last personal tweet or statement he made that I believe was really him was when he said he was fine after the article about him being a crack addict. I don't think anyone really believed him then. So I don't see the point in him lying in order to make people happy hearing from him. Silence is perhaps more truthful if you aren't prepared to share your personal problems with the world. Just my opinion.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Parklife For This Useful Post:
KojiTaku (18th October 2016), pas1974 (18th October 2016)
Old 18th October 2016, 15:48
Flawless

If the summer '15 tweets were the last personal tweets, which is possible, why would he, or anyone else think nobody believed him? I read about what andros' wife said, and read that George and his official people stated it wasn't true and they hadn't even been in contact for like 18 years.

Was there a mass exodus of fans? Were there a bunch of people in England dismissing him as a crackhead after that? I honestly don't know. I haven't read anything/don't know of anyone who seemed to believe he was lying. Personally I found him far more credible than her, even though I'm aware he had admitted to having used crack in the past, but not often.

And handing over his Twitter account and allowing someone else to pretend to be him is also lying. But it's not to make anyone happy. It's to make money and give a 'f-you' to the world. Making his silence contemptuous and unfair to the people who obviously did believe him and cared about him.

How admirable.

If I were to believe that this has all been a calculated move by a man who is playing mind games with the world, then I would also have to believe he is a reprehensible excuse for a human being that needs to grow the hell up.

That's just my opinion.

(And again I never said I thought he should put his personal problems on Twitter, or anywhere else.)
Old 18th October 2016, 16:24
EmilyPost EmilyPost est déconnecté
#######

Thanked 25,197 Times in 7,145 Posts

It is common practice for a celebrity to have his/her social media accounts managed by others. It's all business and always has been so pple/fans should get over it and move on.

And btw we didn't like it when he posted profanity laden rants either so.....
Old 18th October 2016, 16:45
Flawless

I didn't mean no one believed him when he said the allegations were untrue. What I don't think most believe is that he is "perfectly fine" which is what he said. It's up to each person to draw their own conclusions about where he is. Personally as I've said I think he is not "perfectly fine" but where he is on a scale of 1 to 10 I have no idea. I just hope he's getting whatever help he needs and is getting well. If he chooses not to interact on social media that is fine as far as I'm concerned. I'm not sure what he is expected to say. All people want to know about is his health and he's clearly not going to talk about that. What else is there to say at the moment? I agree that if he has no intention of releasing new music then he should say that but apart from that, if he is in a fragile state, I don't think he's doing anything wrong. If it transpires he is living it up and deliberately ignoring his fans then that's a different matter.
The Following User Says Thank You to Parklife For This Useful Post:
Old 18th October 2016, 17:14
Flawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilyPost View Post
It is common practice for a celebrity to have his/her social media accounts managed by others. It's all business and always has been so pple/fans should get over it and move on.

And btw we didn't like it when he posted profanity laden rants either so.....
I know that, but they generally do not pretend to be the actual celebrity, on a personal account, that's frowned upon, as it's very misleading to fans, especially when the celebrity also has an 'official' account which directs people looking to message him personally to the personal account.

Umm, if by that you mean that you consider any of my posts profanity ridden, uh, in comparison to things GM said on Twitter, (the thing about the weird religious group) or has said even just in casual talk, in interviews, nothing I've posted is remotely close.

How could anyone even listen to some of his music and/or read or listen to some of his interviews if that's so offensive?
Old 18th October 2016, 17:24
Flawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parklife View Post
I didn't mean no one believed him when he said the allegations were untrue. What I don't think most believe is that he is "perfectly fine" which is what he said. It's up to each person to draw their own conclusions about where he is. Personally as I've said I think he is not "perfectly fine" but where he is on a scale of 1 to 10 I have no idea. I just hope he's getting whatever help he needs and is getting well. If he chooses not to interact on social media that is fine as far as I'm concerned. I'm not sure what he is expected to say. All people want to know about is his health and he's clearly not going to talk about that. What else is there to say at the moment? I agree that if he has no intention of releasing new music then he should say that but apart from that, if he is in a fragile state, I don't think he's doing anything wrong. If it transpires he is living it up and deliberately ignoring his fans then that's a different matter.
Okay I agree with that, I misunderstood. I don't think he was fine at the time, or now, either. I don't think he should personally be on social media either, esp FB. So much negativity. But I do think his official site should handle things and not someone pretending to be George if that's the case with his Twitter.

I highly doubt he's living it up, and don't believe he's being intentionally hurtful. I think it's more likely that it's just too much to deal with much of anything for him, for whatever reasons.
Old 18th October 2016, 17:27
EmilyPost EmilyPost est déconnecté
#######

Thanked 25,197 Times in 7,145 Posts

Quote:
I know that, but they generally do not pretend to be the actual celebrity, on a personal account, that's frowned upon, as it's very misleading to fans, especially when the celebrity also has an 'official' account which directs people looking to message him personally to the personal account.

Umm, if by that you mean that you consider any of my posts profanity ridden, uh, in comparison to things GM said on Twitter, (the thing about the weird religious group) or has said even just in casual talk, in interviews, nothing I've posted is remotely close.

How could anyone even listen to some of his music and/or read or listen to some of his interviews if that's so offensive?
Calm down. George used to post profanity laden rants about a number of things on Twitter.

If he makes you unhappy then don't spend so much time thinking about him and what he does and doesn't do. Didn't you recently inquire as to how you could delete your account?
Old 18th October 2016, 17:29
Flawless

Quote:
Okay I agree with that, I misunderstood. I don't think he was fine at the time, or now, either. I don't think he should personally be on social media either, esp FB. So much negativity. But I do think his official site should handle things and not someone pretending to be George if that's the case with his Twitter.

I highly doubt he's living it up, and don't believe he's being intentionally hurtful. I think it's more likely that it's just too much to deal with much of anything for him, for whatever reasons.
I agree.👍
Old 18th October 2016, 19:33
betteb betteb est déconnecté
Flawless

Thanked 2,362 Times in 699 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KojiTaku View Post
by the way:
why do we all believe, that that man on the fotos IS George Michael??
Well, I for one just think this is worst kind paparazzi pics, dark and blurry except Georges face that is too clear - I think the pics have been manipulated to make his face look bigger.

But I've read most posts about it and found that most posters here are positive towards George, I hope he is fine and hope to hear something from our man himself in near future.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to betteb For This Useful Post:
mare (20th October 2016), mariblu (18th October 2016)