George Michael Forums

Go Back   George Michael Forums > George Michael > General Discussion

Old 20th October 2016, 01:44
Parklife Parklife est déconnecté
Flawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamMan View Post
I take them so I don't feel depressed! If I don't take them I'd feel depressed! But I think you can work that out for yourself. Possibly what you mean is you don't really know what depression is?

I could try and describe it to you but again, everyone's a bit different and to be honest I'm loathe to talk about it too much when I'm feeling okay.

Any reputable health site will make a good job of explaining it. Try the good old NHS:

http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Depress...roduction.aspx

And maybe try the NHS test:

http://www.nhs.uk/Tools/Pages/depression.aspx
I didn't know too much about it until recently when a friend of mine suffered from it so i did some research. As part of this I read a book called Black Rainbow by Rachel Kelly which is is story of a very successful woman with a perfect life who suffered from it on and off over the years...and how she coped (using poetry to help her). There is a lot more to it than feeling a bit sad and down which is what most people think. What i didn't appreciate is how physically debilitating it can be as well. People actually feel physical pain from mental depression.
Old 20th October 2016, 13:19
HSL HSL est déconnecté

Quote:
Possibly what you mean is you don't really know what depression is?
That's correct I don't. I've heard some folk say its to do with chemicals in the head.

As you say its probably difficult to explain. A bit like trying to explain what colours are to a blind man.

Taking tablets to fix the problems just feels wrong to me. Not sure why. If I'm feeling down or worried I try and deal with it in a logical, optimistic way.
Old 20th October 2016, 13:23
HSL HSL est déconnecté

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parklife View Post
Black Rainbow by Rachel Kelly
Thanks, just ordered it.
Old 20th October 2016, 15:18
pas1974 pas1974 est déconnecté
Cowboy or Angel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSL View Post
Taking tablets to fix the problems just feels wrong to me. Not sure why. If I'm feeling down or worried I try and deal with it in a logical, optimistic way.
That's the ideal situation. The thing is that not everybody copes and reacts the same way.
And sometimes you manage up to a certain point, then some topics you thought were solved or under control just strike back when you're least expecting them and leave you KO.
That's when pills may come into the picture, which to me are not a cure as such and should be a temporary support.
The Following User Says Thank You to pas1974 For This Useful Post:
HSL (20th October 2016)
Old 20th October 2016, 16:28
KojiTaku KojiTaku est déconnecté
OFF the LINE

Ko

@the car-topic: 70mph onto a busy motorway <-must have been near him... I really wonder, how he could survive that.
When my kids close a car-door, then sometimes it's not really closed, so that the car gives a warning sound. So we reopen it and close it harder. But we do not do that while driving 105 kmh (= 70 mph)!!! Really strange... Happily he's still alive!

Code:
what if not... A GM-look-a-like has taken his place...thx ? it's not that one!

:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrit...iggest-3921838<- maybe that helps ya to overcome the waiting time.

Last edited by KojiTaku; 20th October 2016 at 16:45..
Old 21st October 2016, 02:03

http://www.newidea.com.au/article/ce...looks-like-now

This is in the news, they say he is fine.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
KojiTaku (22nd October 2016)
Old 21st October 2016, 06:11
Notorious Notorious est déconnecté

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
http://www.newidea.com.au/article/ce...looks-like-now

This is in the news, they say he is fine.
Well off course he is! - and let me guess, working on the follow up to his critically acclaimed last album
Old 21st October 2016, 10:23
timtom3x timtom3x est déconnecté
Flawless

Quote:
Anti-depressants don't always cause you to put weight on. Mine don't. In fact I've lost about 10lbs.
You can have the 10 lbs I've put on if you want them
Old 28th December 2016, 21:53
backforwood88 backforwood88 est déconnecté
Young Gun

Very sad reading this thread now. George has clearly been having problems for a long time and his total disengagement from his fan base and extended family would suggest something major has been going on since 2013.

Even his boyfriend said that the last few months have been complicated, but despite this George was looking forward to Christmas.

So following on from the opening posters original post - it would seem like George had gotten into something bad and it was going to come out, and we should all be understanding.

It seems pretty likely that George had developed a heroin problem in his final years, and that the people around him were desperate to cover it up. It ties in with his weight gain and the warnings that were being fired off into the tabloids from those around him.

The question is why? Because he was terminally and didn't care any-more? Because he was bored and wanted to play with fire? I loved George - he was someone I admired and looked upto since the death of my father at fifteen - but something must have bee very wring for him to self destruct at this period of his life. The point where most people settle down and become boring.

So tragic, and I'm not sure how much longer his PR machine will be able to contain the stories.

Last edited by backforwood88; 28th December 2016 at 22:21..
The Following User Says Thank You to backforwood88 For This Useful Post:
Kazza (6th January 2017)
Old 4th January 2017, 07:55
Lisbeth Lisbeth est déconnecté
Young Gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by backforwood88 View Post
Very sad reading this thread now. George has clearly been having problems for a long time and his total disengagement from his fan base and extended family would suggest something major has been going on since 2013.

Even his boyfriend said that the last few months have been complicated, but despite this George was looking forward to Christmas.

So following on from the opening posters original post - it would seem like George had gotten into something bad and it was going to come out, and we should all be understanding.

It seems pretty likely that George had developed a heroin problem in his final years, and that the people around him were desperate to cover it up. It ties in with his weight gain and the warnings that were being fired off into the tabloids from those around him.

The question is why? Because he was terminally and didn't care any-more? Because he was bored and wanted to play with fire? I loved George - he was someone I admired and looked upto since the death of my father at fifteen - but something must have bee very wring for him to self destruct at this period of his life. The point where most people settle down and become boring.

So tragic, and I'm not sure how much longer his PR machine will be able to contain the stories.
Looking back, he has been engaging in self-destructive behavior ever since Anselmo and his Mom passed. Kenny kept him going though. From what i have gathered they kept each other in check as Kenny struggled too with addiction... It seems though with each "incident" or "acting out" and recovering thereof it got more difficult for him to get back to being productive w/o engaging in stimulants. Coming from someone who has engaged in some self destructive behavior myself - it is very, very difficult to get back to a creative level when not engaging... especially as one gets older. I am in my mid-forties (GM fan since early teens) and my heart is broken for him, his family and his loved ones.
Old 6th January 2017, 13:41
YOG147 YOG147 est déconnecté

Quote:
Originally Posted by KojiTaku View Post
@the car-topic: 70mph onto a busy motorway <-must have been near him... I really wonder, how he could survive that.
When my kids close a car-door, then sometimes it's not really closed, so that the car gives a warning sound. So we reopen it and close it harder. But we do not do that while driving 105 kmh (= 70 mph)!!! Really strange... Happily he's still alive!

Code:
what if not... A GM-look-a-like has taken his place...thx ? it's not that one!

:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrit...iggest-3921838<- maybe that helps ya to overcome the waiting time.
What do you think of the car incident now ?
Old 8th January 2017, 16:36
Young Gun

have you tried to open a door at 70mph? The wind force makes it really difficult - you have to push with all you've got... so he could have done that and tumbled out - or he could have wanted get out.
Old 8th January 2017, 16:38
Young Gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace View Post
Ok, Don't know if this has got out yet, but all i'm going to say is BE GENTLE and don't rush to judgement. If it hasn't than that's great and don't bother reading this. lol. It will find it's way on here, I know it will. With that said PLEASE PLEASE Don't be so Hard on him. I'm not going to reveal, so don't ask. Sorry, just how it is.

PEACE and LOVE!
It would be great if you could update this thread - as it was a really attention grabbing thing to write...
Old 11th January 2017, 08:40
freedom! freedom! est déconnecté
Star People

Quote:
Originally Posted by backforwood88 View Post
have you tried to open a door at 70mph? The wind force makes it really difficult - you have to push with all you've got... so he could have done that and tumbled out - or he could have wanted get out.
Don't think it would have been travelling at 70mph
Old 11th January 2017, 23:22
KojiTaku KojiTaku est déconnecté
OFF the LINE

@Yog147: no comment.

@ll: please stop this here!

in-between the lines you can read that no one REALLY expected his death on christmas!

George is gone. It doesn't REALLY matter how IMO - he's gone and never comes back..