George Michael Forums

Go Back   George Michael Forums > George Michael > News

Closed Thread

Old 27th December 2016, 09:48
BostonTurk BostonTurk est déconnecté

Any news about the funeral? Is it going to be private coz i am planning to attend if i am able to fit it into my schedule..
Old 27th December 2016, 10:16
chris59 chris59 est déconnecté
Flawless

Rest in peace George, never I forget you !!
Old 27th December 2016, 10:37
.y. .y. est déconnecté
sommes lancés

Thanked 1,525 Times in 370 Posts

The last rose lingers on into December,
clinging to the skirts of old November
like a ballerina ageing fast
who wants to go on dancing to the last.
Sad but proud, unwilling to surrender,
dreaming of the heyday of her splendour.
Tears of rain fall off her paddle's flow,
as the cold wind whispers: »Time to go.«

So dear friends your love is gone
Only tears to dwell upon
I dare not say as the wind must blow
So a love is lost, a love is won
Go to sleep and dream again
Soon your hopes will rise and then
From all this gloom life can start anew
And there'll be no crying soon

Our rose, our love is gone.
We're shattered to the bone.
But his music gives us strength
Just my two cents.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to .y. For This Useful Post:
G.M.Freak (10th January 2017), KojiTaku (7th January 2017), poplet (4th January 2017)
Old 27th December 2016, 10:55
jumbo jumbo est déconnecté
you stupid plonka!

Default No words

I've tried many times to start writing something here but I am lost for words.

This is devastating.
Old 27th December 2016, 11:06
Tali Tali est déconnecté
Welsh Witch and Yogoholic

Thanked 14,790 Times in 6,252 Posts

Heartbroken.
G.M.Freak (10th January 2017), poplet (4th January 2017)
Old 27th December 2016, 11:22
wena wena est déconnecté
Flawless

I tried to log in since the day my 17 year old nephew told me that George Michael, the man i loved and admired half of my life has died. At first, i can't believe i but he cofirmed to me the it has been in the news that GM is already dead. Iam so sad, heartbroken and still can't believe that George Michael is already dead. Even though i am just a fan, i cried and still crying because he is already a part of my life.
Thanks George for the music and for the memories. I wll never forget you.
Old 27th December 2016, 11:23
marco_69 marco_69 est déconnecté
Flawless

2016 has been a brutal year, for many reasons. Just when we thought it couldn't get any worse.

Looking out for angels, trying to find some peace.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marco_69 For This Useful Post:
Old 27th December 2016, 11:25
dean1 dean1 est déconnecté
Star People

Default george

I am utterly devastated,jesus was born on Christmas day but the king died on Christmas day.Hope he wasn't alone,so sad.
Old 27th December 2016, 11:41
Whamshake! Whamshake! est déconnecté
whamshake.com

George was such an important part of my life. I stlil can't believe it. It is so so sad. I'm thankful for the time we had with him.
The Following User Says Thank You to Whamshake! For This Useful Post:
G.M.Freak (10th January 2017)
Old 27th December 2016, 12:04
silvia-yog silvia-yog est déconnecté
GM fan and collector since 1984

Thanked 1,269 Times in 363 Posts

Spent more than 30 years with him, can't belive it
milan16-17.5.88 5-6.10.06 11-12.11.11 rome20.5.88 21.7.07 padova17.7.07 firenze 10.9.11 verona 13.9.11 prague22.8.11 modena6.6.00 wien4-6.9.12 london 19-20-22-23.3.91;25-26-28-29.11.06;17.12.06;9.6.07;29.10.11;13-14-17.10.12
Old 27th December 2016, 12:36
EmilyPost EmilyPost est déconnecté
#######

Thanked 25,863 Times in 7,342 Posts

It's very sad....2016 has been a bad year in so many ways.
Old 27th December 2016, 12:36
Albion66 Albion66 est déconnecté
Young Gun

Just wanted to say that I for one find it comforting to read all your messages and feel that I am not alone in my grief. Always been glad to be part of this forum but especially so at this awful time. X
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Albion66 For This Useful Post:
Old 27th December 2016, 12:47
WhamMan WhamMan est déconnecté

Thanked 1,006 Times in 351 Posts

My best friend I ever had died on 23 Dec.

George, my best friend I never had dies 2 days later.

We are left with his music and will some how come to terms with his passing. But his family and close friends who stuck so closely to this lovely man as he was claimed by his demons must have gone through torture trying to help him. George will get his peace now, I truly hope those close to him find a way too.

I was desperately worried for him for years as my increasingly frustrated posts show. But I never believed he would go this soon. It will take time for us all to get our heads round it but one day time will have passed and we will just take joy again from the music.

Part of me wants to go and spend a few minutes outside his house in Goring in quiet reflection. The other part of me says stay away and don't make a show of it as that's not what George would have wanted.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WhamMan For This Useful Post:
GMfan87' (26th April 2017), poplet (4th January 2017)
Old 27th December 2016, 12:59
Onef*ckfantasy Onef*ckfantasy est déconnecté

Thanked 1,398 Times in 529 Posts

On Christmas Day night I returned home from my brother's and played December Song on Spotify. Over the past few years, playing a George Michael record had become quite rare for me. As previously mentioned here, I felt I'd exhausted his back catalogue and, in his extended absence, became more invested in a broader range of music, often from up and coming artists, playing in smaller venues (which felt refreshing after the aircraft hanger-sized venues George would play). But on this night I played December Song, mostly because I had a discussion with someone just the day before about what was our favourite Christmas song. I said mine was Last Christmas and he said, no, December Song was so much better. I wanted to hear it again, with fresh ears.

After the song finished I clicked from Spotify to BBC News and saw the breaking news of George's death. I immediately slammed my laptop shut and said 'No!'. My mother, who was in the room, saw my reaction and assumed that a very good friend of mine, who's seriously ill with cancer, had passed away.

It wasn't my friend who had died of course but it was someone with whom I still, despite my deep frustration in recent years, felt a strong affiliation (even if I hadn't realised it in a while). I didn't know George, had never met him and had seen him in person, albeit it mostly at a distance, maybe a dozen times. But my reaction was akin to losing someone I knew well, perhaps as an acquaintance.

The past thirty-six hours since the news broke has been odd and confusing and profoundly upsetting. (It's reminded me a little, in its way, of the death of Princess Diana). I stayed up until 3.30am after the news broke, scrolling websites, trying to find out more, trying to make sense of it all. I spent most of yesterday in bed, sleeping or propped up against my pillow looking online, reading tributes and news updates. I received messages from a handful of friends, some dating back to my childhood, who knew how much GM had meant to me, particularly in my early years. I was heartened by the stories of his generosity but alarmed by suggestions (so far unproven) that his drug taking had recently become more intense. I feel glad that I was at his final concert, in London, even if I didn't know then that it would be so.

I can't pretend that I haven't been highly critical of George on these forums over the past few years. In part that was because I could see and sense that there was something very wrong that wasn't going to end well. I hated to think that he was surrounded by 'yes' men in his management or among his fan base who wouldn't set him straight. In truth, I am not sure that anyone could have told George what to do. His wilfulness was part of his success; his singular determination, together with his extraordinary talent, marked him out for great things. For all my criticism of his PR team, it was likely quite a huge and difficult task managing him when his personal life was clearly troubled.

In the past seven years I have lost both my father and my grandmother - both at Christmas - and a number of other close family or friends. My life has felt a bit aimless, particularly since losing my dad; I have lost some of the drive I had before. In that way, I have shared some of George's experience. If I have been too harsh in my appraisal of his situation in recent times, forgive me. I wanted him to triumph, I wanted him to overcome his demons. I am truly sad and sorry that he has gone.

I felt this day was coming, I think many of us felt so, and the fact that it was at Christmas, a time which has inspired George's songwriting, feels particularly poignant. I wasn't entirely surprised but the shock of it still hurts. I haven't yet played his music, I can't bring myself to do so.

Last edited by Onef*ckfantasy; 27th December 2016 at 13:38..
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Onef*ckfantasy For This Useful Post:
G.M.Freak (10th January 2017), GMfan87' (26th April 2017), poplet (4th January 2017)
Old 27th December 2016, 13:07
Onef*ckfantasy Onef*ckfantasy est déconnecté

Thanked 1,398 Times in 529 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamMan View Post
My best friend I ever had died on 23 Dec.

George, my best friend I never had dies 2 days later.

We are left with his music and will some how come to terms with his passing. But his family and close friends who stuck so closely to this lovely man as he was claimed by his demons must have gone through torture trying to help him. George will get his peace now, I truly hope those close to him find a way too.

I was desperately worried for him for years as my increasingly frustrated posts show. But I never believed he would go this soon. It will take time for us all to get our heads round it but one day time will have passed and we will just take joy again from the music.

Part of me wants to go and spend a few minutes outside his house in Goring in quiet reflection. The other part of me says stay away and don't make a show of it as that's not what George would have wanted.
So sorry for the loss of your best friend. it must be very hard; then too to learn about George. I have often felt we were on the same page in our thoughts regarding George - now we're all in it together, trying to make sense of his loss. Take care, I hope things look brighter for you soon.
Closed Thread