George Michael Forums

Go Back   George Michael Forums > George Michael > News

Closed Thread

Old 4th January 2017, 11:40
pas1974 pas1974 est déconnecté
Cowboy or Angel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucidVoice View Post
Discussing HIV status for me is useless at this point because it's something anyone with common sense would know he was risk for since the 90s.
Your statement is full of prejudice.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pas1974 For This Useful Post:
Angelfish (4th January 2017), Onef*ckfantasy (4th January 2017), Sonya7 (25th May 2017)
Old 4th January 2017, 11:41
Angelfish Angelfish est déconnecté
Flawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonya7 View Post
personal message from Morten Harket on his Facebook page about George Michael

To George Michael in memorium:
Suddenly you were gone. Your passing has left me thoughtful. Not about death; thoughtful yet again about life, about how we serve. You served a long time and gave so much.
Through it all, your frailty was your human side. You probably gave all you had to offer, yet it would never be enough, as you must have learned early on. Stardom inevitably and always comes with the other side attached; the life of an outcast.
Thank you for everything!
-morten
Reminds me of part of what Bono said.

"George Michael was a beautiful soul made vulnerable by music"
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Angelfish For This Useful Post:
Kyriacos (4th January 2017), liztay (4th January 2017), Parklife (4th January 2017), shane wat (4th January 2017), Sonya7 (4th January 2017), Toto (4th January 2017)
Old 4th January 2017, 12:14
Kazza Kazza est déconnecté
Star People

There are videos on youtube being made and comments of 'He was murdered!' everywhere.

Post mortem results not even in yet and this could have been caused by a number of factors, as has been discussed. These people probably had no idea whatsoever what George was doing in the last few years. And yet they know what happened sooner than police can figure it out.

If you really want to see some idiocy (I probably shouldn't watch these videos because they make them about nearly every celebrity who dies and they just p*** me off but this one is typical)...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5ejJhyPha8
The Following User Says Thank You to Kazza For This Useful Post:
zeph11 (4th January 2017)
Old 4th January 2017, 12:18
pas1974 pas1974 est déconnecté
Cowboy or Angel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LYDIA View Post
it's such a weird time for all of us. as I was sitting here reading the posts after work and suddenly for a few seconds went into a mini disbelief/shock thing all over again.....am I really reading all of this? is he for sure gone? even if I know the answer is yes I still even all these days later had that moment just minutes ago.
Something similar happened to me the other day...I had this thought that I was looking forward to the interview George would give to clear up what happened to him recently...
The Following User Says Thank You to pas1974 For This Useful Post:
LYDIA (4th January 2017)
Old 4th January 2017, 12:43
shane wat shane wat est déconnecté
Star People

Default Nothing Suspicious in ongoing investigation according to expert Pathologist

Some background information relating to the post mortem and toxicology investigation. Very interesting.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breaki...re-770510.html
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to shane wat For This Useful Post:
JBeach (12th January 2017), liztay (4th January 2017), Tali (4th January 2017), zeph11 (4th January 2017)
Old 4th January 2017, 12:54
Star People

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeek View Post
I believe George would have far too careful to end up with HIV, he actually spoke publically about this on several occasions. Of course you can't rely solely on condoms as things can happen when using them, so engaging in risky sex, on drugs and with strangers can lead to incidents, but given his wealth and the resources at his disposal he would have had easy access to PreP I would have imagined.

That being said, he did allude to further health issues when he gave that interview after his bout of pneumonia... but I still believe the chances are extremely low considering his own past.
Didn't he once say in 2007 that he hadn't had an HIV test for several years because he was too afraid? Or was that just gossip?

I think however that when he was in hospital with pneumonia they would've run standard tests that could pick up that kind of thing.

Substance abuse can also increase the likelihood of unsafe activity.

I have worried about him maybe having HIV in recent years but I really don't know. So I'll drop it until we get more official word.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kazza For This Useful Post:
shane wat (4th January 2017), zeph11 (4th January 2017)
Old 4th January 2017, 13:01
princess princess est déconnecté
Star People

An article from July 2014.

"Describing how he’d like to be remembered George muses: “I’ve probably given the media quite a lot of fodder over the years, most of which has been quite well-documented with the odd headline here and there.

“However, while I’ve been doing all of that, I have made the odd record or two - and I guess that’s why people always keep a place for me in their heart.

“I always write my songs to touch people or strike a chord, and I guess people really get that.

“So all in all, I’d say for my music and hopefully being a really good friend to people and hopefully being a really caring, good and reliable person.”

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrit...iggest-3921838
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to princess For This Useful Post:
Angelfish (4th January 2017), cowboysandangels (4th January 2017), DeepBlueDee (7th April 2017), Hand To Mouth (4th January 2017), jarofchains (4th January 2017), pas1974 (4th January 2017), poplet (4th January 2017), shane wat (4th January 2017), Shooting Star (4th January 2017), snoopy (5th January 2017), Sonya7 (25th May 2017), Tinkers (13th May 2017), Toto (4th January 2017), Zebedee (1st April 2017), zeph11 (4th January 2017)
Old 4th January 2017, 13:05
Flawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazza View Post
Didn't he once say in 2007 that he hadn't had an HIV test for several years because he was too afraid? Or was that just gossip?

I think however that when he was in hospital with pneumonia they would've run standard tests that could pick up that kind of thing.

Substance abuse can also increase the likelihood of unsafe activity.

I have worried about him maybe having HIV in recent years but I really don't know. So I'll drop it until we get more official word.
Correct me if I'm wrong, anyone.. but..

He refused to take a test on a tv program, saying it was too stressful for him, and he didn't believe in them, then later requested his appearance on the show be omitted, that it was too personal of a topic. Was it Stephen Frey he was talking to? (That name came to mind)

I've read about the incident several times. But it's been a while.
Old 4th January 2017, 13:12
shane wat shane wat est déconnecté
Star People

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelfish View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, anyone.. but..

He refused to take a test on a tv program, saying it was too stressful for him, and he didn't believe in them, then later requested his appearance on the show be omitted, that it was too personal of a topic. Was it Stephen Frey he was talking to? (That name came to mind)

I've read about the incident several times. But it's been a while.
Thats correct Angelfish, Steven Fry is the tv hosts name. George and Steven had a major falling out over it after having been close friends previously. Im not sure they ever got the chance to repair the friendship.

http://www.bbcamerica.com/anglopheni...fry-on-twitter
The Following User Says Thank You to shane wat For This Useful Post:
Angelfish (4th January 2017)
Old 4th January 2017, 13:20
Tali Tali est déconnecté
Welsh Witch and Yogoholic

Thanked 14,789 Times in 6,251 Posts

I read everything, but for once in my life I've said very little so far .. Now I feel the need to say my piece.
The hatred directed towards Fadi on Social Media is shocking, I can't help but think that George would be horrified. The tweets that Fadi's suppose to have sent implying that George took his own life were initially shocking, (the tweets but maybe not the contents, we all know how long George struggled with depression) but Fadi says his account was hacked and he did not send them. Indeed the grammar and style of writing has been been made to look like it was him, but would he miss spell his partners name? I think not, so again I give him the benefit of the doubt. I will accept that Maybe he did send them, drunk and grieving, maybe he said more than he should? Is that enough to see him hung, drawn and quartered? The so called interviews that he's done with press? Well I never believed a word they printed before why should I now?
There is no doubt that things don't add up. George was alone on Xmas Eve, Why? Fadi was sleeping in the car? Why? Maybe they had a row? After a row I did leave my x husband out in the van for the best part of a night. Also Fadi seems to have contradicted himself several times, for instance on the timing of George's death. He said he found George first thing in the morning .. but the ambulance wasn't called till 1.45pm (ish) Again maybe in grief he was muddled with his time frame.
Hopefully time will tell and I do hope George's memory will be a peaceful and eventually a happy one. However he died, there is no bringing him back and for the time being I continue to support Fadi in the grief of his partner. I do hope I'm not proved wrong, I do hope you Rest In Peace now dear George.
jules73 (8th January 2017), Kazza (4th January 2017), Onef*ckfantasy (4th January 2017), pas1974 (4th January 2017), poplet (4th January 2017), shane wat (4th January 2017), zeph11 (4th January 2017)
Old 4th January 2017, 13:22
Star People

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane wat View Post
Some background information relating to the post mortem and toxicology investigation. Very interesting.

I wanta bump this over because it's interesting information.

The Following User Says Thank You to Kazza For This Useful Post:
Angelfish (4th January 2017)
Old 4th January 2017, 14:01
Flawless

I've started two new threads I think could be useful, as this main thread is overwhelming.

http://www.georgemichaelforums.com/s...951#post967951

http://www.georgemichaelforums.com/s...d.php?t=147027

Please consider using them when appropriate.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Angelfish For This Useful Post:
Seba.GM (4th January 2017), webmaster (4th January 2017)
Old 4th January 2017, 14:09
Flawless

Quote:

It is a good article, and I'm sure they'd want to make sure every t was crossed and i was dotted in such a high profile situation.

I like the last line.

Too much CSI indeed.
Old 4th January 2017, 14:42
WhamMan WhamMan est déconnecté

Quote:

Yes. The first sensible media report so far.
Old 4th January 2017, 15:06
freeek freeek est déconnecté
He sang thirty years and a day, but nothing changed.

Quote:

So it seems that George's physical body was in reasonably good condition, or rather in a good enough condition not to have caused his death. Really now the toxicology results are absolutely crucial in determining how he died.

If they come back clear would that mean he died of natural causes, perhaps brought on through the after effects of the pneumonia? I think all of us are hoping that's the case. As sad and as a tragic as it is.
Closed Thread