George Michael Forums

Go Back   George Michael Forums > George Michael > News

Old 4th January 2017, 12:13
Angelfish Angelfish est déconnecté
Flawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucidVoice View Post
Maybe you should read my post again. The situation surrounding George's death and the actions of his partner are suspicious. I've been clear I don't trust Fadi. I never implied he did something to George, but I don't believe he was a good influence either. Discussing HIV status for me is useless at this point because it's something anyone with common sense would know he was risk for since the 90s.
I read your other post multiple times. In disbelief. Because it was the most hypocritical thing I've seen on here.

HSL said he'd mention later why he was asking.

And it would've had a lot to do with his general health both mentally and physically.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Angelfish For This Useful Post:
Onef*ckfantasy (4th January 2017), pas1974 (4th January 2017)
Old 4th January 2017, 12:13
Parklife Parklife est déconnecté
Flawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopy View Post
I think the funeral was on Friday last week. I found a website a couple of hours ago that listed the burial location, this was updated on Dec 30. I just tried to go back and get the link, but the page has since been deleted.

This privacy is exactly what George would have wanted. I'm glad his family was able to pull this off, and I am surprised that the press actually allowed this to happen privately. I doubt there will be any public service for fans or any mention of the funeral by the family.. again, what George would have wanted.

Did it say Highgate Cemetery?
Old 4th January 2017, 12:15
WhamMan WhamMan est déconnecté

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris View Post
The aforementioned James Corden tribute that I posted about has been uploaded by the show and can be found below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHLNA0j89PA
Thank you. I like James Corden and like him even more now having seen how clearly moved he is.

And well worth a watch of the Comic Relief sketch again. Put a big smile on my face
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WhamMan For This Useful Post:
jas1970 (4th January 2017), pas1974 (4th January 2017), zeph11 (4th January 2017)
Old 4th January 2017, 12:18
Parklife Parklife est déconnecté
Flawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSL View Post
Question : does anybody believe George was HIV + ?

I'll explain later why I'm asking.
Let's not go there HSL. I did a google search on him generally and there are some awful things that some groups of right wing so called "christians", mainly in the US, are saying about him. It's disgusting. Him being HIV is just one aspect and it's based on absolutely nothing. If he was that will come out in the PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Parklife For This Useful Post:
pas1974 (4th January 2017)
Old 4th January 2017, 12:18
shane wat shane wat est déconnecté
Star People

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamMan View Post
Thank you. Never seen that. Wow - what a tough watch. There is a man who has had enough of the circus. Suggest all on here watch it and you will get more clarity on where George's head was at in recent years.

Feel a bit sorry for the interviewer. Obviously a bit of a fan herself and does her best to lift it.

And George's final words in the interview. Chilling.
Jesus christ, why did i watch that So articulate, so gentle, so generous to his fans. I feel listening to him, George was always trying to please everyone around him and did not like to say no for fear of disappointing people - whether they be his fans, friends, lovers or foes.

So many shitstain people in this world who live to be 80 years of age and we lose a man of this quality. F&@# you god if there is one.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to shane wat For This Useful Post:
Angelfish (4th January 2017), mare (4th January 2017), pas1974 (4th January 2017)
Old 4th January 2017, 12:24
Flawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas1974 View Post
Reminds me of his interview for Five Live, he was obviously very sad by then as well.
I think breaking up with Kenny affected him a lot ("I don't think that I could love and lose again")
And supposedly Kenny had been concerned enough that he flew to see George just recently.

I know all too well what it's like to have to finally admit defeat when a relationship just is becoming toxic, even if you still love each other.

Honestly, I think George has, err had.. ugh. Been sad most of his life.

Another thing I understand all too well.
Old 4th January 2017, 12:24
Sonya7 Sonya7 est déconnecté
Young Gun

personal message from Morten Harket on his Facebook page about George Michael

To George Michael in memorium:
Suddenly you were gone. Your passing has left me thoughtful. Not about death; thoughtful yet again about life, about how we serve. You served a long time and gave so much.
Through it all, your frailty was your human side. You probably gave all you had to offer, yet it would never be enough, as you must have learned early on. Stardom inevitably and always comes with the other side attached; the life of an outcast.
Thank you for everything!
-morten
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Sonya7 For This Useful Post:
Angelfish (4th January 2017), britta (4th January 2017), cowboysandangels (4th January 2017), damedavid (4th January 2017), Kyriacos (4th January 2017), mare (4th January 2017), shane wat (4th January 2017), Shooting Star (4th January 2017), silvia-yog (4th January 2017), Tali (4th January 2017), Toto (4th January 2017), wihya_now (5th January 2017)
Old 4th January 2017, 12:32
Star People

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parklife View Post
Did it say Highgate Cemetery?
Parklife, do you think the general public/fans will be allowed to go to his gravesite at Highgate to lay flowers and pay respects? George has a private section for his mothers plot, and now obviously, where he is/ will be buried. Do you think 'private' means we wont have any access? If that is his and his family's wish, then so be it and that wish must be respected.
Old 4th January 2017, 12:38
Flawless

http://www.georgemichaelforums.com/s...d=1#post967931

Please guys consider? Anyone?
Old 4th January 2017, 12:40
pas1974 pas1974 est déconnecté
Cowboy or Angel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucidVoice View Post
Discussing HIV status for me is useless at this point because it's something anyone with common sense would know he was risk for since the 90s.
Your statement is full of prejudice.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pas1974 For This Useful Post:
Angelfish (4th January 2017), Onef*ckfantasy (4th January 2017)
Old 4th January 2017, 12:41
Flawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonya7 View Post
personal message from Morten Harket on his Facebook page about George Michael

To George Michael in memorium:
Suddenly you were gone. Your passing has left me thoughtful. Not about death; thoughtful yet again about life, about how we serve. You served a long time and gave so much.
Through it all, your frailty was your human side. You probably gave all you had to offer, yet it would never be enough, as you must have learned early on. Stardom inevitably and always comes with the other side attached; the life of an outcast.
Thank you for everything!
-morten
Reminds me of part of what Bono said.

"George Michael was a beautiful soul made vulnerable by music"
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Angelfish For This Useful Post:
Kyriacos (5th January 2017), liztay (4th January 2017), Parklife (4th January 2017), shane wat (4th January 2017), Sonya7 (4th January 2017), Toto (4th January 2017), wihya_now (5th January 2017)
Old 4th January 2017, 13:14
Kazza Kazza est déconnecté
Star People

There are videos on youtube being made and comments of 'He was murdered!' everywhere.

Post mortem results not even in yet and this could have been caused by a number of factors, as has been discussed. These people probably had no idea whatsoever what George was doing in the last few years. And yet they know what happened sooner than police can figure it out.

If you really want to see some idiocy (I probably shouldn't watch these videos because they make them about nearly every celebrity who dies and they just p*** me off but this one is typical)...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5ejJhyPha8
The Following User Says Thank You to Kazza For This Useful Post:
zeph11 (4th January 2017)
Old 4th January 2017, 13:18
pas1974 pas1974 est déconnecté
Cowboy or Angel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LYDIA View Post
it's such a weird time for all of us. as I was sitting here reading the posts after work and suddenly for a few seconds went into a mini disbelief/shock thing all over again.....am I really reading all of this? is he for sure gone? even if I know the answer is yes I still even all these days later had that moment just minutes ago.
Something similar happened to me the other day...I had this thought that I was looking forward to the interview George would give to clear up what happened to him recently...
The Following User Says Thank You to pas1974 For This Useful Post:
LYDIA (4th January 2017)
Old 4th January 2017, 13:43
Star People

Default Nothing Suspicious in ongoing investigation according to expert Pathologist

Some background information relating to the post mortem and toxicology investigation. Very interesting.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breaki...re-770510.html
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to shane wat For This Useful Post:
JBeach (12th January 2017), liztay (4th January 2017), Tali (4th January 2017), zeph11 (4th January 2017)
Old 4th January 2017, 13:54
Kazza Kazza est déconnecté
Star People

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeek View Post
I believe George would have far too careful to end up with HIV, he actually spoke publically about this on several occasions. Of course you can't rely solely on condoms as things can happen when using them, so engaging in risky sex, on drugs and with strangers can lead to incidents, but given his wealth and the resources at his disposal he would have had easy access to PreP I would have imagined.

That being said, he did allude to further health issues when he gave that interview after his bout of pneumonia... but I still believe the chances are extremely low considering his own past.
Didn't he once say in 2007 that he hadn't had an HIV test for several years because he was too afraid? Or was that just gossip?

I think however that when he was in hospital with pneumonia they would've run standard tests that could pick up that kind of thing.

Substance abuse can also increase the likelihood of unsafe activity.

I have worried about him maybe having HIV in recent years but I really don't know. So I'll drop it until we get more official word.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kazza For This Useful Post:
shane wat (4th January 2017), zeph11 (4th January 2017)