George Michael Forums

Go Back   George Michael Forums > George Michael > News

Closed Thread

Old 9th January 2017, 21:00
elayman elayman est déconnecté
Flawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parklife View Post
I hope you are right. As for the car I've heard people suggest Fadi tried to push him out which I think is nonsense. Only other alternative is a panic attack.
He could have 'accidentally' fallen/been pushed/drugged out of his mind given that the car had to have been at a near standstill for the incident to be survivable. There aren't enough confirmed facts even from the scope of the injury to come down on one theory or another.
Old 9th January 2017, 21:02
damedavid damedavid est déconnecté

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamMan View Post
I just don't think he'd do it to his family.

And I still don't think the car incident was a suicide attempt. The facts have never stacked up to suggest it.
Not really up to speed with gossip sites (still read Popbitch regularly, there's another place called BlindGossip that I read on and off) but the only place I saw that car incident comment was on DataLounge a few days ago - you can tell a lot of the commenters are just idly bitching and don't have much connection to GM.

There's a few other threads on DL about Fadi and it isn't mentioned elsewhere. There would be more of those rumours if it was true, I bet - or if he had a history of intimidation or violent behaviour. One or two do say their relationship was volatile but not sure how true that is. Addictions do cause big changes in behaviour and mood - saw it myself when my sister got wildly drunk over Xmas and started a huge fight with her boyfriend over nothing - and attacked him (she is very ashamed about it too - she had a few years of drinking very heavily and acting crazy and out of character - it was like her old, evil self reappeared for an evening)!

My own conclusion is George overdosed by accident - before or after an argument with Fadi, who knows. The "Fadi sleeping off his high in the car" comment seems plausible to me as well. Though that suggests it must have been quite a vicious fight - otherwise why not sleep on the couch/in another room?

If this is what happened, the shame and regret Fadi must be carrying will be massive and I do feel for him.
Old 9th January 2017, 21:12
WhamMan WhamMan est déconnecté

Thanked 1,002 Times in 348 Posts

Quote:
I hope you are right. As for the car I've heard people suggest Fadi tried to push him out which I think is nonsense. Only other alternative is a panic attack.
I think there are other alternatives. If George was high as a kite he'd not necessarily have any concept of being in a moving car. Did anyone actually saw him come out of the car? I've always wondered if there had been an altercation, the car moved over to the hard shoulder and George fell out at low speed or even got out of a stationary car and was hit by a moving vehicle.

I think the majority of us on here know he did not fall out of a moving car at 70 mph otherwise he would have almost certainly suffered fatal injuries.

Fadi push him out? No way - that would be attempted murder and unlikely to be swept under the carpet.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WhamMan For This Useful Post:
Parklife (10th January 2017), YOG147 (9th January 2017)
Old 9th January 2017, 21:14

Quote:
I think there are other alternatives. If George was high as a kite he'd not necessarily have any concept of being in a moving car. Did anyone actually saw him come out of the car? I've always wondered if there had been an altercation, the car moved over to the hard shoulder and George fell out at low speed or even got out of a stationary car and was hit by a moving vehicle.

I think the majority of us on here know he did not fall out of a moving car at 70 mph otherwise he would have almost certainly suffered fatal injuries.

Fadi push him out? No way - that would be attempted murder and unlikely to be swept under the carpet.
There were a few people in the car, weren't there? So they are witnesses. George's friends no doubt would be on his side and would have thrown the book at the (alleged) person who threw him out the car. Obviously George likely wasn't in a fit state to recall anything, but there would be a lead-up to the incident - arguing, growing aggression...

It is still very much a mystery, and very sad.

I think the Gods gave George a few "warning shots" to look closer at his dangerous lifestyle (I'm talking more about drug taking) - as the pneumonia scare was yet another brush with death. I wonder even if there were incidents the general public don't know about. I hate to think of him being in such torment.

Last edited by damedavid; 9th January 2017 at 21:29..
Old 9th January 2017, 21:16
freeek freeek est déconnecté
He sang thirty years and a day, but nothing changed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elayman View Post
He could have 'accidentally' fallen/been pushed/drugged out of his mind given that the car had to have been at a near standstill for the incident to be survivable. There aren't enough confirmed facts even from the scope of the injury to come down on one theory or another.
I believe the car was moving at speed (not full speed, like 70mph) as it was on the fast lane of the M1 motorway. He was lucky to survive it.
The Following User Says Thank You to freeek For This Useful Post:
damedavid (9th January 2017)
Old 9th January 2017, 21:17
WhamMan WhamMan est déconnecté

Thanked 1,002 Times in 348 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by damedavid View Post
My own conclusion is George overdosed by accident - before or after an argument with Fadi, who knows. The "Fadi sleeping off his high in the car" comment seems plausible to me as well. Though that suggests it must have been quite a vicious fight - otherwise why not sleep on the couch/in another room?
Well perhaps George was being a handful (maybe drugs). Fadi went out as he couldn't handle him. Came back and George was still agitated. George kicked him out or Fadi thought it best not to be in the house, wanted to stay close to George to keep an eye on him and slept in his car to stay near (assuming he was parked outside).

That would be a very plausible scenario in many relationships, whether drink/drugs related or otherwise.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WhamMan For This Useful Post:
machi1uk (10th January 2017), YOG147 (9th January 2017)
Old 9th January 2017, 21:21
zeph11 zeph11 est déconnecté
Flawless

Thanked 1,787 Times in 557 Posts

Quote:
I'd call it nonsense if it wasn't so defamatory. Fadi wasn't even there. The fact that anyone is saying or writing this tells you how deliberately some are trying to demonize the man.

This quote originated in the Daily Mail, but since it's a direct quote with a name attached to it, I find it more credible than not:

"I have no idea what happened. I wasn't there," Fawaz said, speaking at Michael's home."

Remember, George shut down the M1 at the time, and the incident was thoroughly investigated by the police. At no time did Fadi's name come up as having any connection with it.
Old 9th January 2017, 21:30
Mr.Michaels Mr.Michaels est déconnecté
Star People

There's been really good articles with great stories and views about the man. I still haven't seen or heard anything about Andy Stephens who was his manager for a long time. The same with Dick Leahy, he was such an important part of George's career.

Kathy Jeung wrote a long tribute on Instagram. I always wondered how their story went. Did George write anything about it in Bare? Did they remain friends etc?

I always find it quite interesting and odd that George and Sony got back together with Patience. I can't recall George ever really talking about it.

On a very different and lighter side note, I was watching some clips of Wham's final Wembley gig and noticed that George really should have shaven those armpits. It's like Freddie Mercury during Live Aid. Just too much hair. George used to sweat a lot. Shaving those pits would have been a good idea.
Old 9th January 2017, 21:36
Flawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeek View Post
I believe the car was moving at speed (not full speed, like 70mph) as it was on the fast lane of the M1 motorway. He was lucky to survive it.
Presumably it would have slowed considerably if there were a problem with the door staying shut as their story goes. I don't recall a precise speed being given but that would be consistent to a single superficial cut as well.
Old 9th January 2017, 21:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Michaels View Post
On a very different and lighter side note, I was watching some clips of Wham's final Wembley gig and noticed that George really should have shaven those armpits. It's like Freddie Mercury during Live Aid. Just too much hair. George used to sweat a lot. Shaving those pits would have been a good idea.
I think hairy guys are really sexy! Maybe not quite Robin Williams-hair all over the back-hairy, but I like it!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to damedavid For This Useful Post:
GeorgeSwan (10th January 2017), Kyriacos (9th January 2017), Mortisha (10th January 2017), pas1974 (10th January 2017)
Old 9th January 2017, 22:01
Kyriacos Kyriacos est déconnecté
Young Gun

Default Motorway

Quote:
Presumably it would have slowed considerably if there were a problem with the door staying shut as their story goes. I don't recall a precise speed being given but that would be consistent to a single superficial cut as well.
My original point I was trying to make but obviously badly, is when when men, particularly, are determined to commit suicide they tend to do things that there is no chance of surviving from eg throwing themselves from buildings or shooting themself. I realised that the motorway incident was an occasion when George could have been suspected of trying to commit suicide. Although I hope it was not. Fadi pushing him I believe is just rubbish. Xx
Old 9th January 2017, 22:05
Flawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyriacos View Post
My original point I was trying to make but obviously badly, is when when men, particularly, are determined to commit suicide they tend to do things that there is no chance of surviving from eg throwing themselves from buildings or shooting themself. I realised that the motorway incident was an occasion when George could have been suspected of trying to commit suicide. Although I hope it was not. Fadi pushing him I believe is just rubbish. Xx
Yeah, trying "many, many" times like Fadi supposedly said George did is definitely an unusual pattern for either men or women. Pretty much nothing adds up at this point.
Old 9th January 2017, 22:08
Kyriacos Kyriacos est déconnecté
Young Gun

Default Hairy guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by damedavid View Post
I think hairy guys are really sexy! Maybe not quite Robin Williams-hair all over the back-hairy, but I like it!
I have to agree. George was a hairy Greek and proud of it. I like men not fake tanned, waxed Ken dolls. But each to their own
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kyriacos For This Useful Post:
damedavid (9th January 2017), GeorgeSwan (10th January 2017), Mortisha (10th January 2017), pas1974 (10th January 2017)
Old 9th January 2017, 22:27
YOG147 YOG147 est déconnecté

Quote:
Well perhaps George was being a handful (maybe drugs). Fadi went out as he couldn't handle him. Came back and George was still agitated. George kicked him out or Fadi thought it best not to be in the house, wanted to stay close to George to keep an eye on him and slept in his car to stay near (assuming he was parked outside).

That would be a very plausible scenario in many relationships, whether drink/drugs related or otherwise.
Agreed. That is probably what happened.
Old 9th January 2017, 22:37

Quote:
Yeah, trying "many, many" times like Fadi supposedly said George did is definitely an unusual pattern for either men or women. Pretty much nothing adds up at this point.
I know this is moving into very dark territory but it's not unusual to have numerous attempts at suicide before you are finally successful, if that's even an appropriate term.

I often talk on a forum that helps those with mood disorders and there are many who discuss self harm and suicide attempts. The problem is, of course, is that mental health problems have such shame attached to them, very few people are honest about their history or even what their triggers are. Men particularly tend to have a much weaker emotional support system than women.
The Following User Says Thank You to damedavid For This Useful Post:
keren_be (10th January 2017)
Closed Thread