George Michael Forums

Go Back   George Michael Forums > George Michael > News

Old 9th January 2017, 22:17
WhamMan WhamMan est déconnecté

Quote:
Originally Posted by damedavid View Post
My own conclusion is George overdosed by accident - before or after an argument with Fadi, who knows. The "Fadi sleeping off his high in the car" comment seems plausible to me as well. Though that suggests it must have been quite a vicious fight - otherwise why not sleep on the couch/in another room?
Well perhaps George was being a handful (maybe drugs). Fadi went out as he couldn't handle him. Came back and George was still agitated. George kicked him out or Fadi thought it best not to be in the house, wanted to stay close to George to keep an eye on him and slept in his car to stay near (assuming he was parked outside).

That would be a very plausible scenario in many relationships, whether drink/drugs related or otherwise.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WhamMan For This Useful Post:
machi1uk (10th January 2017), YOG147 (9th January 2017)
Old 9th January 2017, 22:21
zeph11 zeph11 est déconnecté
Flawless

Thanked 1,764 Times in 547 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parklife View Post
I hope you are right. As for the car I've heard people suggest Fadi tried to push him out which I think is nonsense. Only other alternative is a panic attack.
I'd call it nonsense if it wasn't so defamatory. Fadi wasn't even there. The fact that anyone is saying or writing this tells you how deliberately some are trying to demonize the man.

This quote originated in the Daily Mail, but since it's a direct quote with a name attached to it, I find it more credible than not:

"I have no idea what happened. I wasn't there," Fawaz said, speaking at Michael's home."

Remember, George shut down the M1 at the time, and the incident was thoroughly investigated by the police. At no time did Fadi's name come up as having any connection with it.
Old 9th January 2017, 22:30
Mr.Michaels Mr.Michaels est déconnecté
Young Gun

There's been really good articles with great stories and views about the man. I still haven't seen or heard anything about Andy Stephens who was his manager for a long time. The same with Dick Leahy, he was such an important part of George's career.

Kathy Jeung wrote a long tribute on Instagram. I always wondered how their story went. Did George write anything about it in Bare? Did they remain friends etc?

I always find it quite interesting and odd that George and Sony got back together with Patience. I can't recall George ever really talking about it.

On a very different and lighter side note, I was watching some clips of Wham's final Wembley gig and noticed that George really should have shaven those armpits. It's like Freddie Mercury during Live Aid. Just too much hair. George used to sweat a lot. Shaving those pits would have been a good idea.
Old 9th January 2017, 22:36
elayman elayman est déconnecté
Flawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeek View Post
I believe the car was moving at speed (not full speed, like 70mph) as it was on the fast lane of the M1 motorway. He was lucky to survive it.
Presumably it would have slowed considerably if there were a problem with the door staying shut as their story goes. I don't recall a precise speed being given but that would be consistent to a single superficial cut as well.
Old 9th January 2017, 22:37
damedavid damedavid est déconnecté

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Michaels View Post
On a very different and lighter side note, I was watching some clips of Wham's final Wembley gig and noticed that George really should have shaven those armpits. It's like Freddie Mercury during Live Aid. Just too much hair. George used to sweat a lot. Shaving those pits would have been a good idea.
I think hairy guys are really sexy! Maybe not quite Robin Williams-hair all over the back-hairy, but I like it!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to damedavid For This Useful Post:
GeorgeSwan (10th January 2017), Kyriacos (9th January 2017), Mortisha (10th January 2017), pas1974 (10th January 2017)
Old 9th January 2017, 23:01
Kyriacos Kyriacos est déconnecté
Young Gun

Default Motorway

Quote:
Originally Posted by elayman View Post
Presumably it would have slowed considerably if there were a problem with the door staying shut as their story goes. I don't recall a precise speed being given but that would be consistent to a single superficial cut as well.
My original point I was trying to make but obviously badly, is when when men, particularly, are determined to commit suicide they tend to do things that there is no chance of surviving from eg throwing themselves from buildings or shooting themself. I realised that the motorway incident was an occasion when George could have been suspected of trying to commit suicide. Although I hope it was not. Fadi pushing him I believe is just rubbish. Xx
Old 9th January 2017, 23:05
elayman elayman est déconnecté
Flawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyriacos View Post
My original point I was trying to make but obviously badly, is when when men, particularly, are determined to commit suicide they tend to do things that there is no chance of surviving from eg throwing themselves from buildings or shooting themself. I realised that the motorway incident was an occasion when George could have been suspected of trying to commit suicide. Although I hope it was not. Fadi pushing him I believe is just rubbish. Xx
Yeah, trying "many, many" times like Fadi supposedly said George did is definitely an unusual pattern for either men or women. Pretty much nothing adds up at this point.
Old 9th January 2017, 23:08
Kyriacos Kyriacos est déconnecté
Young Gun

Default Hairy guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by damedavid View Post
I think hairy guys are really sexy! Maybe not quite Robin Williams-hair all over the back-hairy, but I like it!
I have to agree. George was a hairy Greek and proud of it. I like men not fake tanned, waxed Ken dolls. But each to their own
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kyriacos For This Useful Post:
damedavid (9th January 2017), GeorgeSwan (10th January 2017), Mortisha (10th January 2017), pas1974 (10th January 2017)
Old 9th January 2017, 23:37
damedavid damedavid est déconnecté

Quote:
Originally Posted by elayman View Post
Yeah, trying "many, many" times like Fadi supposedly said George did is definitely an unusual pattern for either men or women. Pretty much nothing adds up at this point.
I know this is moving into very dark territory but it's not unusual to have numerous attempts at suicide before you are finally successful, if that's even an appropriate term.

I often talk on a forum that helps those with mood disorders and there are many who discuss self harm and suicide attempts. The problem is, of course, is that mental health problems have such shame attached to them, very few people are honest about their history or even what their triggers are. Men particularly tend to have a much weaker emotional support system than women.
The Following User Says Thank You to damedavid For This Useful Post:
keren_be (10th January 2017)
Old 10th January 2017, 00:06
paolo73 paolo73 est déconnecté
Star People

Default secret trip to Vienna

George Michael made secret trip to Vienna hospital just weeks before his death. Why? Had he lost really his wonderful voice?
Old 10th January 2017, 00:22
Angelfish Angelfish est déconnecté
Flawless

I read articles a while back.. about the car. There was a witness who had to slam on her brakes to avoid hitting George on the m1. She had no idea who he was, because he was covered in blood, his clothes ripped up and she said he seemed awake but in shock. She moved her car to block him while a helicopter was on the way.

I don't think they were going nearly 70. But fast enough I think he was very lucky to survive. Also I read there were 3 ppl in the car, including George.

I've never thought it added up, but that seems like if it were a suicide attempt, it was very spur of the moment and perhaps drugs, a fight or a panic attack involved. I dont think something that reckless and messy would've been planned.

Certainly don't think it was an attempted murder.
The Following User Says Thank You to Angelfish For This Useful Post:
YOG147 (10th January 2017)
Old 10th January 2017, 00:33
Angelfish Angelfish est déconnecté
Flawless

And I love hairy, natural men, too. Lol.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Angelfish For This Useful Post:
damedavid (10th January 2017), pas1974 (10th January 2017), purceg (10th January 2017)
Old 10th January 2017, 00:37
WhamMan WhamMan est déconnecté

Quote:
Originally Posted by paolo73 View Post
George Michael made secret trip to Vienna hospital just weeks before his death. Why? Had he lost really his wonderful voice?
If the quote I read is to be believed the pneumonia had caused George to lose about 25% of his lung capacity meaning he couldn't sing for long (like a concert) rather than he had lost his singing voice as such. The quote also suggested it had restricted his exercise regime. This had all fed his depression. I rarely believe what I read in the comics but this was the only place I saw it and it was mentioned in passing which made it feel more plausible.

In a separate piece I read he had been refused insurance for further tours. Possibly because of the above. Possibly because of other health concerns.

Where I've said I thought his voice was dropping off previously, that was losing the high part of his range and generally singing with a lot more bass. I never saw it myself but apparently George said as much in a tweet.
The Following User Says Thank You to WhamMan For This Useful Post:
paolo73 (13th January 2017)
Old 10th January 2017, 00:53
tropik-ana tropik-ana est déconnecté
Young Gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelfish View Post
I read articles a while back.. about the car. There was a witness who had to slam on her brakes to avoid hitting George on the m1. She had no idea who he was, because he was covered in blood, his clothes ripped up and she said he seemed awake but in shock. She moved her car to block him while a helicopter was on the way.

Here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6pC5GXDDlI

The Following User Says Thank You to tropik-ana For This Useful Post:
YOG147 (10th January 2017)
Old 10th January 2017, 01:07
purceg purceg est déconnecté
Flawless

Not really "new" news, The Sun have certainly put Fadi in their crosshair

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbi...ore-his-death/