George Michael Forums

Go Back   George Michael Forums > George Michael > News


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1411  
Old 9th January 2017, 23:06
paolo73 paolo73 est déconnecté
Star People
 
Join Date: 09-2008
Location: roma
Posts: 59
Thanks: 8
Thanked 80 Times in 26 Posts
Default secret trip to Vienna

George Michael made secret trip to Vienna hospital just weeks before his death. Why? Had he lost really his wonderful voice?
  #1412  
Old 9th January 2017, 23:22
Angelfish Angelfish est déconnecté
Flawless
 
Join Date: 08-2016
Location: USA
Posts: 816
Thanks: 595
Thanked 814 Times in 369 Posts
Default

I read articles a while back.. about the car. There was a witness who had to slam on her brakes to avoid hitting George on the m1. She had no idea who he was, because he was covered in blood, his clothes ripped up and she said he seemed awake but in shock. She moved her car to block him while a helicopter was on the way.

I don't think they were going nearly 70. But fast enough I think he was very lucky to survive. Also I read there were 3 ppl in the car, including George.

I've never thought it added up, but that seems like if it were a suicide attempt, it was very spur of the moment and perhaps drugs, a fight or a panic attack involved. I dont think something that reckless and messy would've been planned.

Certainly don't think it was an attempted murder.
The Following User Says Thank You to Angelfish For This Useful Post:
YOG147 (9th January 2017)
  #1413  
Old 9th January 2017, 23:33
Angelfish Angelfish est déconnecté
Flawless
 
Join Date: 08-2016
Location: USA
Posts: 816
Thanks: 595
Thanked 814 Times in 369 Posts
Default

And I love hairy, natural men, too. Lol.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Angelfish For This Useful Post:
damedavid (10th January 2017), pas1974 (10th January 2017), purceg (9th January 2017)
  #1414  
Old 9th January 2017, 23:37
WhamMan WhamMan est déconnecté
Junior Member
 
Join Date: 07-2004
Location: UK
Posts: 643
Thanks: 45
Thanked 970 Times in 337 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by paolo73 View Post
George Michael made secret trip to Vienna hospital just weeks before his death. Why? Had he lost really his wonderful voice?
If the quote I read is to be believed the pneumonia had caused George to lose about 25% of his lung capacity meaning he couldn't sing for long (like a concert) rather than he had lost his singing voice as such. The quote also suggested it had restricted his exercise regime. This had all fed his depression. I rarely believe what I read in the comics but this was the only place I saw it and it was mentioned in passing which made it feel more plausible.

In a separate piece I read he had been refused insurance for further tours. Possibly because of the above. Possibly because of other health concerns.

Where I've said I thought his voice was dropping off previously, that was losing the high part of his range and generally singing with a lot more bass. I never saw it myself but apparently George said as much in a tweet.
The Following User Says Thank You to WhamMan For This Useful Post:
paolo73 (13th January 2017)
  #1415  
Old 9th January 2017, 23:53
tropik-ana tropik-ana est déconnecté
Star People
 
Join Date: 01-2017
Location: ----
Posts: 43
Thanks: 28
Thanked 77 Times in 30 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelfish View Post
I read articles a while back.. about the car. There was a witness who had to slam on her brakes to avoid hitting George on the m1. She had no idea who he was, because he was covered in blood, his clothes ripped up and she said he seemed awake but in shock. She moved her car to block him while a helicopter was on the way.

.

Here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6pC5GXDDlI





.
The Following User Says Thank You to tropik-ana For This Useful Post:
YOG147 (9th January 2017)
  #1416  
Old 10th January 2017, 00:07
purceg's Avatar
purceg purceg est déconnecté
Flawless
 
Join Date: 10-2009
Location: Ireland
Posts: 131
Thanks: 95
Thanked 194 Times in 65 Posts
Default

Not really "new" news, The Sun have certainly put Fadi in their crosshair

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbi...ore-his-death/
__________________
George Michael 1963 - 2016 RIP you LEGEND"
  #1417  
Old 10th January 2017, 00:19
elayman elayman est déconnecté
Flawless
 
Join Date: 11-2011
Location: Indiana
Posts: 221
Thanks: 134
Thanked 93 Times in 66 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelfish View Post
I read articles a while back.. about the car. There was a witness who had to slam on her brakes to avoid hitting George on the m1. She had no idea who he was, because he was covered in blood, his clothes ripped up and she said he seemed awake but in shock. She moved her car to block him while a helicopter was on the way.

I don't think they were going nearly 70. But fast enough I think he was very lucky to survive. Also I read there were 3 ppl in the car, including George.

I've never thought it added up, but that seems like if it were a suicide attempt, it was very spur of the moment and perhaps drugs, a fight or a panic attack involved. I dont think something that reckless and messy would've been planned.

Certainly don't think it was an attempted murder.
George was lucky for sure as was everyone else in the lane behind them but it wasn't even fast enough to knock him unconscious IIRC.
  #1418  
Old 10th January 2017, 01:14
LucidVoice LucidVoice est déconnecté
Star People
 
Join Date: 12-2016
Location: Across the Ocean
Posts: 68
Thanks: 41
Thanked 37 Times in 22 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropik-ana View Post
Hello,


Being in-the-closet-and-miserable, obese, and a drunk is not hazardous? Many people like that drop

dead from a heart attack in their early forties.

.
Quote:
Originally Posted by damedavid View Post
How about living with a hetero bigoted guy who drunk, gambled, beat his partner black and blue --
My reply is more for LucidVoice
For all the people misreading or not reading my posts properly and taking it out of context, this is not what I suggested. People are in denial. I made comparisons with straights to show how low the standards were being set for George and the hypocrisy of analysis. Especially when the community has disproportional amount of problems, far worse than straights. George could've been in another bad situation, so let's not criticize the one he was in? I find the first comment laughably childish. No one has to announce anything to anyone and doing so has provably not improved the situation, judging alone by health stats. So because many people die from heart attacks in their forties it's okay and normal . Clearly you know little about health. People seem to be okay with George dying at this age in this state. I guess they were fine with his state whilst he was alive.

Press isn't doing to Fadi what they wouldn't do with any person in a similar circumstance. Haven't even seen him in proper news sites. I don't see why he should get a pass. People think George cared about him-so what? That's got nothing to do with anything. It's possible that because he's a foreigner investigators may go easy on him for fear of accusations and that worries me. I wonder about the full truth being revealed.
  #1419  
Old 10th January 2017, 02:08
AEMusicFan AEMusicFan est déconnecté
Young Gun
 
Join Date: 01-2017
Location: Washington DC
Posts: 8
Thanks: 0
Thanked 23 Times in 6 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parklife View Post
I hope you are right. As for the car I've heard people suggest Fadi tried to push him out which I think is nonsense. Only other alternative is a panic attack.
Another alternative - If he was HIV+, the modern medications are known to double thoughts of suicide or double the risk of attempting suicide. The medications trigger an impulse and he clearly had a family history of suicide.

I have friends that take these medications that have shared personal stories with me - they go for walks, come upon a bridge, and feel an impulse to jump. It's scary to hear that from a friend.

Source: A medication commonly used to treat HIV appears to double the risk that patients will develop suicidal thoughts or take their lives, new research contends.
  #1420  
Old 10th January 2017, 02:17
damedavid damedavid est déconnecté
Junior Member
 
Join Date: 11-2006
Location: Glasgow, UK
Posts: 41
Thanks: 78
Thanked 69 Times in 27 Posts
Default

Can't speak for anyone else, but I'm not okay with George dying at 53 years old. Far too young, but it's apparent he was struggling for a very long time.

I think you can only really compare the gay versus straight lifestyles if you've lived both for a reasonable amount of time. My comments were just as someone looking in from the outside, I have no idea if my observations are fact. Ultimately we choose our friends and our behaviour. Getting to the root of depression is tough.

The Sun story purceg linked to on Post #1425 is worrying, though I know GM hated them, and I suspect they use a random word generator for most of their stories.

Quote from a "family insider":
Quote:
The relative added: “On more than one occasion George told Fadi he no longer wanted to see him, but each time they would find themselves back in touch.
“George was so kind and generous, but he said to me many times that his biggest weakness was he could never say no to anything — sex, drugs — he had that sort of personality.
“In many ways he was quite a vulnerable person, because he always said yes. He never stood his ground.”
Someone who finds change very hard to cope with, is isolated and addicted, finds it very hard to assert control over their life. If those comments are true it's a real shame.

Appearances aren't everything. GM seemed very together and upbeat in his interviews (mostly) but who knows what he was like behind closed doors.

My mother (touched upon the life with her ex-partner in an earlier post), to the outside world seemed regimented, confident, assertive - but her partner controlled her and ruled with fear the moment the front door was closed. She even earned much more than he did, and I know it was a real bone of contention - jealous, no doubt.

Last edited by damedavid; 10th January 2017 at 05:04..
The Following User Says Thank You to damedavid For This Useful Post:
jarofchains (10th January 2017)
  #1421  
Old 10th January 2017, 03:14
tropik-ana tropik-ana est déconnecté
Star People
 
Join Date: 01-2017
Location: ----
Posts: 43
Thanks: 28
Thanked 77 Times in 30 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucidVoice View Post
So because many people die from heart attacks in their forties it's okay and normal . Clearly you know little about health. People seem to be okay with George dying at this age in this state. I guess they were fine with his state whilst he was alive.

Nobody has said those things. You're the one who said George would have been better of

with women and even obese and being a drunk.

Didn't you say that?

The fact is he wouldn't have been better of necessarily because many under those circumstances

die even at a younger age than he has.

.

Last edited by tropik-ana; 10th January 2017 at 03:28..
  #1422  
Old 10th January 2017, 04:38
Angelfish Angelfish est déconnecté
Flawless
 
Join Date: 08-2016
Location: USA
Posts: 816
Thanks: 595
Thanked 814 Times in 369 Posts
Default

RE: That quote from a supposed family member (i wonder who in his family would be talking to them? Right now, about this..?)


I love how whenever someone disagrees they have 'misunderstood'...

Nobody liked that George put his health in danger or that he died so young. Nobody who cares about him here is saying, gee. I'm ok with that!

Nobody is in denial, that I can see at least lately, about him having been self destructive.

What people are saying, ad nauseum, is that it is NOT to be blamed on his sexuality.

As per the HIV drug article, I've read that. (I may have posted it recently in this thread actually) antidepressants, high BP meds, and medications meant to help with breathing also cause depression.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Angelfish For This Useful Post:
damedavid (10th January 2017), Kazza (10th January 2017), KojiTaku (10th January 2017)
  #1423  
Old 10th January 2017, 04:51
Boris's Avatar
Boris Boris est déconnecté
Enjoy What You Do
 
Join Date: 09-2004
Location: Austin, Texas U.S.A
Posts: 67
Thanks: 63
Thanked 135 Times in 36 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelfish View Post
RE: That quote from a supposed family member (i wonder who in his family would be talking to them? Right now, about this..?)
It's probably the same family member who complained that they found out by TV that he died. My guess is extended family.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Boris For This Useful Post:
damedavid (10th January 2017), KojiTaku (10th January 2017), Tali (10th January 2017)
  #1424  
Old 10th January 2017, 04:56
Angelfish Angelfish est déconnecté
Flawless
 
Join Date: 08-2016
Location: USA
Posts: 816
Thanks: 595
Thanked 814 Times in 369 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris View Post
It's probably the same family member who complained that they found out by TV that he died. My guess is extended family.
My thoughts exactly....
The Following User Says Thank You to Angelfish For This Useful Post:
KojiTaku (10th January 2017)
  #1425  
Old 10th January 2017, 05:37
jarofchains jarofchains est déconnecté
Star People
 
Join Date: 01-2017
Location: United States
Posts: 58
Thanks: 172
Thanked 184 Times in 43 Posts
Default

Just my .02

I think if George had been in a heterosexual relationship and the woman had been acting and saying the same things Fadi Fawaz has it would be viewed as unusual as well. While I do not think he is guilty of anything - the way he presented himself and the timeline of that weekend does not seem to jive - I guess the inconsistencies in how he presented his story, his tweets immediately after George's passing were impulsive but in retrospect a bad decision.

There are plenty of women who engage in the same type of relationships just as there are men so I feel the victimization of Fadi narrative being based upon sexual orientation is nonsense. His actions and how inconsistencies are the likely culprit as to why many people are now a little more skeptical of him.

I stated this awhile back but I had no issue or qualms with George being gay and in a relationship with a man. None of us know the inner workings of their relationship so all that is left is speculation and Fadi's side of the story. That obviously leaves many of George's fans upset that they will not know the whole truth. My first reaction when I saw Fadi's tweets was sadness not just for myself but for him because he lost his partner and someone he cared for. Like I said above in retrospect I believe that his impulsive behavior got the better of him.

I have been doing better the past few days but realize I will always be indebted to George for great music that reminds me of the happier times of my childhood and youth.

I hope all of you are doing ok with your grieving as well.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jarofchains For This Useful Post:
damedavid (10th January 2017), G.M.Freak (10th January 2017), Georgiesgirl (10th January 2017), KojiTaku (10th January 2017), lwpv1 (11th January 2017), YOG147 (10th January 2017)
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


Custom Search


All times are GMT +3. The time now is 13:04.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

'George Michael Forums' is a non-commercial, private and unofficial fan site dedicated to George Michael and Wham!.
Content published on 'George Michael Forums' requires permission for reprint. No infringement of any copyright is intended.

Disclaimer | Impressum


Free Visitor Maps at VisitorMap.org
Get a FREE visitor map for your site!